Miko Gate

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle
I see the SFA are putting a replay of this game on Sunday - Fair amount of @JamTarts links on both sides with 8 players involved having represented the club at some stage of their career

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:
I see the SFA are putting a replay of this game on Sunday - Fair amount of @JamTarts links on both sides with 8 players involved having represented the club at some stage of their career

giphy.gif

That will set the haters off.

I miss Miko 💓

ToadKiller Dog

Didnt that hibs muppet Gary Johnstone ( if that's his real name ) fake it in the same game .

That was the day Richard Gordon showed himself up as xenophobic twit with his call to deport Miko ,the BBC should have made him apologise to Miko

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

22 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I would have gone down under the same challenge. Find it hard to be critical.

Yes most would. I'm sure Broonio was at it too. Miko was made public enemy number 1 after that. Every time he got fouled thereafter he got booked for alleged diving.

Edited by Marvin

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Yes most would. I'm sure Broonio was at it too. Miko was made public enemy number 1 after that. Every time he got fouled thereafter he got booked for alleged diving.

Steven Fletcher got booked for diving that game as well, i think?

Saint Jambo

In some ways similar to Edouard in the cup final. Which explains why the media have castigated him ever since, called for him to be deported and he now gets booked for diving in every game. 

Skippy Doodle

In a weird way that incident bought him more favour with our own fans. It was one of those cases of he’s an idiot but he’s OUR idiot haha

6 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

In a weird way that incident bought him more favour with our own fans. It was one of those cases of he’s an idiot but he’s OUR idiot haha

Like Man Utd did with Beckham and Rooney.  I don’t blame him for diving but I also understand the backlash.  

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Hardly an idiot as every pro in the world would have done the same if afforded the opportunity that Fletcher gave Miko. 

Skippy Doodle
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hardly an idiot as every pro in the world would have done the same if afforded the opportunity that Fletcher gave Miko. 

It was tongue in cheek mate. Was to highlight the fact that some of our fans had been giving him stick prior to this game but then we created a siege mentality after this and in some respect backed him to wind up opposition fans 👍

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Skippy Doodle said:

It was tongue in cheek mate. Was to highlight the fact that some of our fans had been giving him stick prior to this game but then we created a siege mentality after this and in some respect backed him to wind up opposition fans 👍

Fair enough but it still rips my knitting the xenophobia and abuse he got from the likes of that Dick(less) Gordon.

SectionDJambo

I saw this in a pub on the High Street, whilst I and other guests, at a friends wedding, nipped out for a beer before heading to his house for the reception.

When we saw this incident from a fair bit away from the tv, the first comment that came up was to hope that it wasn't one of the Hearts players who had dived.

Sadly, it was, and we all knew what would come later.

Scotland actually won this game though, right? Not a bright thing for Miko to have done, especially when he played for a Scottish club, but the reaction from the press was as if he had put Scotland out of the tournament. 

Nothing much said about O'Connor doing the same, but with less skill, in the same match.

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I saw this in a pub on the High Street, whilst I and other guests, at a friends wedding, nipped out for a beer before heading to his house for the reception.

When we saw this incident from a fair bit away from the tv, the first comment that came up was to hope that it wasn't one of the Hearts players who had dived.

Sadly, it was, and we all knew what would come later.

Scotland actually won this game though, right? Not a bright thing for Miko to have done, especially when he played for a Scottish club, but the reaction from the press was as if he had put Scotland out of the tournament. 

Nothing much said about O'Connor doing the same, but with less skill, in the same match.

Did we not draw the game 1-1? My mind could be playing tricks on me though.

SectionDJambo
Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

Did we not draw the game 1-1? My mind could be playing tricks on me though.

I have a 3-1 Scotland win in my head.

SectionDJambo

I can't remember if this happened before or after the Davis scandal. If it was after, maybe Miko thought that there wasn't much honesty or integrity in the Scottish game anyway, so he didn't think twice.

He was certainly hung out to dry by the Scottish sports media and the SFA over that Rangers game.

Skippy Doodle
28 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I can't remember if this happened before or after the Davis scandal. If it was after, maybe Miko thought that there wasn't much honesty or integrity in the Scottish game anyway, so he didn't think twice.

He was certainly hung out to dry by the Scottish sports media and the SFA over that Rangers game.

This was a good two years after 👍

TyphoonJambo
14 hours ago, Surrey Jambo said:

Words cant describe how raging i was that night. Never ever seen such obvious cheating. To make matters worse i had brought a blue nose (proper NI protestant guy) up for a 40th birthday present. Even he was embarrassed. 

18 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

giphy.gif

What’s wrong with that he only dived.😍

19 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

giphy.gif

Is that the game he ran Hutton raged all game

Blatent penalty 😉

I was at the game but as the year went on i lost my love of supporting scotland.   The anti-hearts biased and hatred after that game from our media and oppossing fans was disguisting.  i found myself taking a love hearts fek anyone else attitude.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, rubyruby said:

No any worse than morelos every bloody week..

Or Martin Boyle of Hibs. Worst for diving in the SPL at present.

The one that still rankles for me is that Scotland game where the OF pulled seven of their players out prior to a Derby, then the media had the temerity to blame the maroon strip for our loss (0-2 to Georgia iirc). 

Pricks. 

maroonshrew
On 30/03/2020 at 21:43, Surrey Jambo said:

It was years before I noticed it but. at 0.51 as Miko starts running towards the lino, before the push, Dallas has already started putting his hand in the top pocket where the red is. Miko is getting sent off whether he touches him or not. 

pettigrewsstylist

Amazing to see reaction of young guy not brought up in Scotland to that late decision.

I managed to get down from back of Wheatfield and out before Orcs celebration.  Remember debating with myself, as to whether i would stop attending Scottish football, due to that decision.

Back to 2005

I seem to recall we questioned Mr Davis's integrity or lack of it the following day. Funnily enough the cheating weegies backed their man and next month he ran the line at the cup final.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The abuse he got from the media after that incident was absolutely scandalous, especially in a game Scotland ended up winning anyway. Gordon Smith of the SFA was lobbying FIFA to ban him for Hearts! 😄 Mind the game against the Czechs where the boy dived and they scored the penalty to make it 2-2 which cost us a playoff position? There was nowhere near the same outcry. 

Edoaurd in the cup final was every bit as bad as Miko, maybe worse as he actually moves his leg to kick the keeper. 

Pasquale for King
On 01/04/2020 at 23:15, H2 said:

Edoaurd in the cup final was every bit as bad as Miko, maybe worse as he actually moves his leg to kick the keeper. 

Absolutely, and was barely mentioned. Imagine it was the other way round.

Pasquale for King
On 01/04/2020 at 14:26, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

The abuse he got from the media after that incident was absolutely scandalous, especially in a game Scotland ended up winning anyway. Gordon Smith of the SFA was lobbying FIFA to ban him for Hearts! 😄 Mind the game against the Czechs where the boy dived and they scored the penalty to make it 2-2 which cost us a playoff position? There was nowhere near the same outcry. 

Did O’Connor not dive in the same match irc?

Miko never really got a fair crack of the whip after that, I remember him being chopped at Pittodrie and no penalty given. There was also the Andy Davies affair obviously.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did O’Connor not dive in the same match irc?

Miko never really got a fair crack of the whip after that, I remember him being chopped at Pittodrie and no penalty given. There was also the Andy Davies affair obviously.

There was one time he came on as a sub and within thirty seconds, in his first involvement in the game, the ref booked him for "persistent fouling". It was ridiculous, he was clearly upset, big Zal had to go and comfort him and the crowd all sang his name. 

And yes you're right, the big Hibs huddy dived in that Scotland game too. 

Салатные палочки

He even put his hand up in an attempt to handle the ball on his way down. 

I have never been as angry at the end of a game than I was here. The most blatant example of cheating in the Scottish game ever IMO. 

Салатные палочки
14 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Tosser journalist at Sun Leckie had a right go at him, ridiculous article, never forget.

Leckie was always trying to be controversial but never really had the brains to be. I remember him writing an article on a murder in Paisley when a young lad was shot in a case of mistaken identity. He went on to blame a drugs war in Barrhead on it as if he had some insight into the underworld. Pure fantasy. He should stick to writing articles on his favourite pub being closed down. 

Class of 75
On 30/03/2020 at 20:55, Jambos_1874 said:

Exactly, the intent to foul was there. 

Class of 75
On 30/03/2020 at 20:55, Jambos_1874 said:

Exactly, the intent to foul was there. 

colinmaroon
On 30/03/2020 at 21:04, ToadKiller Dog said:

Didnt that hibs muppet Gary Johnstone ( if that's his real name ) fake it in the same game .

That was the day Richard Gordon showed himself up as xenophobic twit with his call to deport Miko ,the BBC should have made him apologise to Miko

Just as well it wasn't Jabba who took a dive.