98 Scottish Cup Win Re-Run .

maroonlegions

Is there any footage of the players going round to the fans in the stadium with the trophy after they were presented with it?
I remember it being one of the best moments of my life but have never seen it anywhere. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LeftBack

• The Real Maroonblood

• Marvin

• letsalldothebeattie

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, tamanov said:

Is there any footage of the players going round to the fans in the stadium with the trophy after they were presented with it?
I remember it being one of the best moments of my life but have never seen it anywhere. 

Nah they just showed us lifting the trophy.

I really enjoyed that.

Like a few here that was the first time I've watched that back. Never taped the highlights and, of course, the weekend was a blur with the race back to Gorgie that night and the procession the next day.

One of the things I keep with me at all times, in my wallet, is the ticket stub from the match. We were just about in line with the 18 yard at the right end for the 1st minute penalty and that wee sweat at the end with McCoist's dive .... never a penalty.

Post match I remember just how crowded it was under that stand trying to get out and feeling dehydrated from pre match drinks, baking in the sun and the sheer tension from the moment we arrived till the final whistle. It was exhausting to watch.

What a day!

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Apologies for interrupting the celebrations but does anyone know what game BBC Scotland are showing at 7.15?

Just started if anyone's interested. 

An entertaining game, if you have bugger all else to do. Watched it in an Irish bar In Benidorm first time around. 

Silvery_Moon

The whole team was outstanding but a word for Paul Ritchie. 

How mature was he for such a young guy?

Liked the way he stood up to Gatusso and McCoist in the closing minutes. 

Shame he didn't stay longer with us.