98 Scottish Cup Win Re-Run .

maroonlegions

Silvery_Moon
10 hours ago, One five said:

It was a truly fantastic day , I remember in the last 5 or so mins young pointed for a free kick on the edge of the box but I thought he was pointing to the penalty spot!  I just collapsed , thankfully the free kick was ballooned over the bar or hit the corner flag by the Italian I think it was lol..... truly amazing scenes in Gorgie road that night and on the Sunday 

The BBC commentator Rob MacLean certainly thought it was a penalty and the Rangers fans initially celebrated like it was a penalty. It was so surreal. 

Brian Laudrup took the resulting free kick but the late Stefano Salvatori deflected it for a corner. 

I was only 21 at the time but had still been through the heartbreak of 1986 plus various semi finals and finals. 

It remains my greatest day supporting Hearts with 2012 in second place. 

Only a league title could better it but even then The feelings of 1998 may not be matched. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LeftBack

• The Real Maroonblood

• Marvin

• letsalldothebeattie

On 31/03/2020 at 02:39, dannymack said:

Some Hibs fans are frustrated, bamboozled and inquisitive as to why their battering is not the main one out the 3. 

The fact that they try and dismiss it due to their win in 2016 is slightly contradictory. 

GIRUY 

1998 😎

I find that too. Beating our arch rivals is to me is not the be all and end all to supporting the Famous. Now had Sergio allowed us to got to town with them and the 5-1 became a cricket score, I'd probably feel different. 

9 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

The BBC commentator Rob MacLean certainly thought it was a penalty and the Rangers fans initially celebrated like it was a penalty. It was so surreal. 

Brian Laudrup took the resulting free kick but the late Stefano Salvatori deflected it for a corner. 

I was only 21 at the time but had still been through the heartbreak of 1986 plus various semi finals and finals. 

It remains my greatest day supporting Hearts with 2012 in second place. 

Only a league title could better it but even then The feelings of 1998 may not be matched. 

Truly memorable, after Adam scored my heart was in my mouth for the rest of the game I can remember not watching rangers with free kicks or corners , it seemed like eternity lol.

Robbo-Jambo
36 minutes ago, One five said:

Truly memorable, after Adam scored my heart was in my mouth for the rest of the game I can remember not watching rangers with free kicks or corners , it seemed like eternity lol.

Same. 

From when McCoist scored to the final whistle seemed like forever. 

Remember staring at my watch continually and battering the face of it because convinced it was not actually moving 😅

Cory McNamara
15 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Nobody deserves this streak of pain.

Just shared this on another thread and more than appropriate to post here as well.  Craig Mitchell, who used to do the Drawings for the Hearts Review magazine in the 1980's/90s drew this image when Hearts won the Cup in 1998. Good wallpaper for anyone out there? The original is very vivid - drawn with good quality coloured pencils. Love this picture! ❤️

Gorgie Legends 1998.JPG

37 minutes ago, Big Drew said:

Just shared this on another thread and more than appropriate to post here as well.  Craig Mitchell, who used to do the Drawings for the Hearts Review magazine in the 1980's/90s drew this image when Hearts won the Cup in 1998. Good wallpaper for anyone out there? The original is very vivid - drawn with good quality coloured pencils. Love this picture! ❤️

Gorgie Legends 1998.JPG

Absolutely love it 👍where would I get a poster or print? Pleeeeeease, when things eventually get back to normality, I would love to get this and get it framed to hang on my wall 

Original is Double-A3 size -  is that A5? The first batch sold out and it hasn't been re-printed since. If there was enough interest, another print run could be considered. Must be cheaper to do now than it was to get copies in 1998?  A colour print at the size it was proved to be expensive back then; and took ages to copy. Modern technology may make it cheaper to do and easier. Can anyone advise?

this isn't on todays TV listings, is it still on, the corona update is on at quarter to 4 on bbc 1

Edited by reaths17

Has anyone got the huge poster the club shop was selling afterwards?  I stupidly stuck the one I'd bought it to the wall, with wallpaper paste, as part of a Hearts themed bedroom for my laddie.  I was gutted when it had to be left behind when we moved. :( 

1 minute ago, reaths17 said:

this isn't on todays TV listings, is it still on

It's on Youtube, not the TV.

4 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

It's on Youtube, not the TV.

then why was it advertised as 3 on sunday when you can watch it anytime on youtube.

also the 5-1 final was on tv

Edited by reaths17

23 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

then why was it advertised as 3 on sunday when you can watch it anytime on youtube.

also the 5-1 final was on tv

Has it been advertised as being on TV?  I've not seen that. It certainly would be far better.  I guess this is an 'official' showing on YouTube. 

bigis semiauskas
22 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Has it been advertised as being on TV?  I've not seen that. It certainly would be far better.  I guess this is an 'official' showing on YouTube. 

It was originally on BBC Scotland listings,

i had it set to record but seems to have been removed ffs 

21 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

saw it in the papers saying they were going to re run finals didn't say tv specifically but  hibs v hearts and motherwell v dundee utd were both on tv, i assumed they would all be on tv, seems this is not the case. it is on youtube at 3 "william hill scottish cup" channel. no need to sign up when asked.

2 minutes ago, bigis semiauskas said:

It was originally on BBC Scotland listings,

i had it set to record but seems to have been removed ffs 

seems like they have removed it to fit in the corona virus daily update

On 01/04/2020 at 21:13, Big Drew said:

Gorgie Legends 1998.JPG

got something similar, terrible trio with young and crawford 1956 cup final, willie bauld signed and gave me it when my dad took me into his shop before a game, long gone now unfortunately

maroondevo52

98 was superb, thought Paul Ritchie had a great game, Gattuso telling him he was mental after being rag dolled @92m and accidentally trod on him @72m.

On 01/04/2020 at 22:05, Big Drew said:

Original is Double-A3 size -  is that A5? The first batch sold out and it hasn't been re-printed since. If there was enough interest, another print run could be considered. Must be cheaper to do now than it was to get copies in 1998?  A colour print at the size it was proved to be expensive back then; and took ages to copy. Modern technology may make it cheaper to do and easier. Can anyone advise?

Double A3 would be A2.

If you’re going to watch this on YouTube on your telly be warned the sounds is loud as ****. The broadcast started with holding music and I just about shat myself. 

edit. It seems ok volume wise on the actual match. 

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

:yas: 

Think we scored too early. Thats going to annoy rangers. Amoruso looks immense at back for them. Can't see adam getting much change out of him. Id bring Robbo on at half time for him

Walter Burns

Craig Brown is so far up Rangers arses its unbelievable.....who's the Rangers left back.....Stensos   cant remember him....c'mon the Hearts..

Certainly wasn't hoof ball in those days. How Scottish football quality has nosedived since those days. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
7 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

Craig Brown is so far up Rangers arses its unbelievable.....who's the Rangers left back.....Stensos   cant remember him....c'mon the Hearts..

yeah it’s a shame they’ve used the Sky commentary not the Beeb one, we won’t get the classic Rob MacLean “Amoruso Lets it Run...” line 

maybe when this finishes, will just watch it again the Beeb version :lol:

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dave MacPherson was my mom that day.

Just realised 'mom' there meant Man of the Match! 

:facepalm:

Disser Pointon

Forgot some of the shocking decisions Willie Young had in the game........ after giving the pk outside the box. That one on Fergus early doors on the touchline....... that Craig Brown agreed with. 🙈

Walter Burns
1 minute ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Forgot some of the shocking decisions Willie Young had in the game........ after giving the pk outside the box. That one on Fergus early doors on the touchline....... that Craig Brown agreed with. 🙈

Willie Young was an absolute joke that day....cheating was rife back then also...

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Just realised 'mom' there meant Man of the Match! 

:facepalm:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Walter Burns said:

Willie Young was an absolute joke that day....cheating was rife back then also...

Id imagine if mccoist was through on goal hed probably give a penalty even if it was outside box