On This Day

Skippy Doodle

I still think Hibs fans made far too much of that.

They were so desperate for some 5-1 payback (read many posts on .nut suggesting it would be) that they built it up into something it wasn't. Whatever fixture does seal the fate of a club it's not the opposition on the day that are doing the relegating. Desperate and daft to suggest it is.

Glad, of course, that the Hibs fans were that desperate and daft.  Not only did they feck up the "relegating", they then proceeded to suffer the same fate. 

Priceless stuff from the laughing stock of Scottish football and another terrific derby memory for Hearts supporters.

Can't post a link but have a wee look on youtube at Dundee fans and their "doon derby" celebrations of 2016 (I think that was the year). "Relegating" United was, they claimed, revenge for the 0-3 1980/81 League Cup final at Dens and United's title clincher in 1983 all rolled into one. 

The Dundee fans just look like 2nd rate losers. 

Not as bad as the Edinburgh losers who threw a relegation party, promised it, then failed (other than their own) to deliver, of course, but losers nonetheless.

Edited by martoon

John Findlay

The icing on the cake was going to ER a few weeks later and two Callum Patterson goals, putting them right in squeaky bum territory.

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The icing on the cake was going to ER a few weeks later and two Callum Patterson goals, putting them right in squeaky bum territory.

One of my favourite derby games. Hearts fans sung from being to end and 15 minutes after the end :) 

Worst Hibs crowd I have ever seen since all seater stadium started.

When I got into the ground I thought I had the wrong kick off time - then the teams came out.

27042014785.jpg

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Captain Price said:

Hibs.

:rofl: :rofl: 

Rename them the damp squibs🤣🤣🤣🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

If you put this in a fiction book, it would be too fanciful.  Relegation party prior to being relegated themselves.  No wonder they're such a bitter bunch of tossers on .cabbage.