Haircuts!

Jambos_1874

Jambos_1874

Now that (as far as I am aware) all hairdressers/barbers have been shut down due to the pandemic, for those of you who still have hair, what are you going to do for haircuts!? I don't know anyone who could cut my hair without maiming me, wouldn't be allowed to go near them anyway due to the restrictions, and I don't have any clippers to even attempt what would be a disastrous self-haircut. Think I'll end up like Cousin It by the end of this!

While we're at it, what was the worst haircut you've ever had, self administered or otherwise?

I had the foresight to nip to the barbers friday before the monday lockdown so I should be ok for the next 3 or 4 weeks. After that....christ knows how itll be looking by the time they all reopen! Worst haircut for me has got to be curtains when they were all the rage (late 80's early 90's??)

Edited by hmfcbilly

Jambof3tornado

Wife came home from tesco this morning with a set of wahl clippers...... she trained as a hairdresser before she did her nurse training!!!

Health crisis aside. Serious business but im not sure why folk are climbing the walls just yet. Its been a week. 

Think its the thought of the uncertainty more than the reality of this lockdown for most folk.

I could do with a haircut but should be sound for another 3-4 weeks. After that ill have to think what to do with it.

I.imagine theyll be a lot of folk just giving themselves baldies

My hair grows quickly and is thick. I get it cut and thinned out every two weeks. Occasionaly if I am feeling lazy when due a haircut and it isn't looking to bad then I will stretch it to another week. NEVER any longer than that. My two weeks were up yesterday.

I might dye it blonde, see what it looks like.

I’m thinning out and I’m a week overdue my short tidy up.

But we’re all in this together right... we can look suspicious at the folk with tidy hair in a couple months time. 

The Internet

I've committed to using this opportunity to not cut my hair or shave for ages and see what happens. 

Mach 3 for me.Started losing my hair mid twenties,have been shaving it all off for 20 years + now.

6 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

I go to my barbers every 7-10 days. 
No chance I’ll be attempting to fade it. 
Will just have to let it grow out. 

7-10 days?

Have you got a crush on the barber?

I'm probably every 3 months.

been here before
12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Baldy number 2 all over

Is the correctomundo answer.

I used to sport a 0 with the guard off but the Mrs thought I looked like a thug so now I just look a little less like a thug.

***** worrying about their hair. The worlds went mad- get the clippers out.

I'm due a cut now, normally every 3 weeks. I have quite thick hair. Would go for a 1 all over but I'm blessed with a head shaped like something out a Ridley Scott movie so will just go with the busy look. Also not shaving my face, other than where I have to for work. 

It's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things but will be some sights in a few weeks.

I just use scissors to keep it off my ears  and the hair out my eyes.  The back is harder but not impossible.  If I fail I'll just buy a hat or shave it all off.

35 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

My hair grows quickly and is thick. I get it cut and thinned out every two weeks. Occasionaly if I am feeling lazy when due a haircut and it isn't looking to bad then I will stretch it to another week. NEVER any longer than that. My two weeks were up yesterday.

I might dye it blonde, see what it looks like.

Ah, my Samson brother! I also have flowing locks although I stretch it (just) to three weeks and was due a cut this week. I wouldn’t let my missus near me with a pair of scissors so **** knows what I’ll do. I’ll take care of the kids burgeoning ‘fros with my scissors and clippers. 

Every 4 weeks normally.

Not had a number x all over for about 10 -12 years

Bought a set of clippers last week.

In about 2 weeks will let my wife loose on my barnet.

Jambos_1874
51 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I've committed to using this opportunity to not cut my hair or shave for ages and see what happens. 

I've always been clean shaven so was going to do the same and see how ridiculous I look with a beard, assuming I can grow one.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Now that (as far as I am aware) all hairdressers/barbers have been shut down due to the pandemic, for those of you who still have hair, what are you going to do for haircuts!? I don't know anyone who could cut my hair without maiming me, wouldn't be allowed to go near them anyway due to the restrictions, and I don't have any clippers to even attempt what would be a disastrous self-haircut. Think I'll end up like Cousin It by the end of this!

While we're at it, what was the worst haircut you've ever had, self administered or otherwise?

The three stages if this lasts too long.

I’m thinking of a Mohawk if I can buy clippers.

I once tried to fix my fringe and ended up getting a 4 on top and a 2 at the sides, scary times.

8E2B4B29-01C4-4730-95B8-877C64919C87.jpeg

A9A61B0A-BB5E-40CF-ABAB-7798C35366F1.jpeg

913994C1-1274-422E-9CFE-DCB401F2B058.jpeg

You know what? You’re in the house so no ****er is going to be judging you on your haircut. I’ve not shaved for a week and it’s getting a bit annoying but I might keep it going and see just how stupid I look with a beard. At some point I’ll probably get bored and experiment with a goatee and a tache. 

2 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I was due to get my haircut on the day we went into lockdown. ☹️

My hair is really thick and will be wild if I just let it grow for 3 months. I'll end up trying to cut it myself, failing badly, and having to take clippers to it with an allover shave. 

Edited by Ray Gin

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

You know what? You’re in the house so no ****er is going to be judging you on your haircut. I’ve not shaved for a week and it’s getting a bit annoying but I might keep it going and see just how stupid I look with a beard. At some point I’ll probably get bored and experiment with a goatee and a tache. 

I do that , just let it go til it gets to the itchy stage then shave. Its currently hiding my hibernating hamster cheeks though. 

Hair , well whats left ill just tidy up wi the clippers at some point in the distant future. 

Lastly , worst haircut , prob the saltire i had on my head when i first wore the dark blue

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Clippers out the morra, then the razor. Baird needs trimmed, anaw. Santaesque, atm.

Proper read that as bairn 🙈 

9 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

When staying in Craigshill I stupidly allowed my pal's mate shave my hair. I asked for a number 2 but the clipper pinged off and it ended up a number 0. In my dad's word's I looked liked a "thug".

Edited by Marvin
punctuation

The Internet
7 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I've always been clean shaven so was going to do the same and see how ridiculous I look with a beard, assuming I can grow one.

Same. I've never let it grow beyond a barely noticeable stubble.

By the time August comes we'll all be walking around looking like Jason momoa 

0JZ6-5JSQIFXTd-A4UoGWrjPqclrzASG3QyxohTp

Or, more likely:

220px-RubeusHagrid.jpg

Jambos_1874
17 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Same. I've never let it grow beyond a barely noticeable stubble.

By the time August comes we'll all be walking around looking like Jason momoa 

0JZ6-5JSQIFXTd-A4UoGWrjPqclrzASG3QyxohTp

Or, more likely:

220px-RubeusHagrid.jpg

Unfortunately the latter in my case. I'll not only be hairy, but also a fat *******.

Being a baldy pays off at last.

A DIY no2 with the clippers every two weeks. Easypeasy. 

They'll probably pack in now I've been smug about it. 

Edit: they're a good investment, mind. Loads of different settings to attach so no need to have the full scalping. 

Edited by martoon

jamtartan74

Had a full head of thick black (and grey) hair and full on beard then on Saturday decided to take my beard trimmer right through the middle of my hair so no going back, right down to the mettle number 0, no hair left 😁 look cool as **** btw and look like a right hard ******* as well, result 😁

Edited by jamtartan74

jamtartan74
30 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Had a full head of thick black (and grey) hair and full on beard then on Saturday decided to take my beard trimmer right through the middle of my hair so no going back, right down to the mettle number 0, no hair left 😁 look cool as **** btw and look like a right hard ******* as well, result 😁

Quote my own post time, metal not bloody mettle 😂

11 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Health crisis aside. Serious business but im not sure why folk are climbing the walls just yet. Its been a week. 

Think its the thought of the uncertainty more than the reality of this lockdown for most folk.

I could do with a haircut but should be sound for another 3-4 weeks. After that ill have to think what to do with it.

I.imagine theyll be a lot of folk just giving themselves baldies

I gave myself a pretty severe baldie with some clippers as I thought no one is going to see me anyway.  Then my work introduced bloody video meetings on Friday.

Some poor guys will need a wheelbarrow to cart their baws aboot. Luckily my wife doesn't hate me , YET!

At the start of all this I took the chance to go clean shaven for the first time since 2009! 

By the time I'm back out in the general public i'll be back looking like a Sasquatch, I have really thick hair that grows pretty quickly and I was already needing a haircut before the lockdown! 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Some poor guys will need a wheelbarrow to cart their baws aboot. Luckily my wife doesn't hate me , YET!

😀

Already over due. Was planning on going last week.

Will just trim around the ears and tidy up the back of the neck for now. More drastic measures may need to be taken at a later date.

11 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Is this the look you're going for...

An_American_Werewolf_in_London.jpg?

Edited by Marvin

52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Give it time :laugh4:

now the big question, when it ends in 6 months, do you stand in the giant queue at the scalpers or drag your hedge to the nearest bar. 

6 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

now the big question, when it ends in 6 months, do you stand in the giant queue at the scalpers or drag your hedge to the nearest bar. 

Bar. No question. No-one will recognise you anyway. :smile:

Mac_fae_Gillie
3 hours ago, martoon said:

Being a baldy pays off at last.

A DIY no2 with the clippers every two weeks. Easypeasy. 

They'll probably pack in now I've been smug about it. 

Edit: they're a good investment, mind. Loads of different settings to attach so no need to have the full scalping. 

They do pack in at the most annoying times, mine went day before a holiday few years ago I had to pop to Tesco and get a new trimmer lucky enuff it was near Fathers Day and lots were on sale. but been bald right now is chuffing great all those idiots with hair gonna look like 70s sitcom extras in few weeks.

52 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

My barbers provides bevvy so not so much of a dilemma

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

My barbers provides bevvy so not so much of a dilemma

as long as he's no on the peeve as well, might come out worse than you went in

35 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

They do pack in at the most annoying times, mine went day before a holiday few years ago I had to pop to Tesco and get a new trimmer lucky enuff it was near Fathers Day and lots were on sale. but been bald right now is chuffing great all those idiots with hair gonna look like 70s sitcom extras in few weeks.

or 1970's Pink Floyd

pink floyd.jpg