Michael Stewart...sportsound again

hoof.hearted

hoof.hearted

As a nationilist I have to say if this moron was my MP I'd jump ship. The way he can twist things to suit himself and bend stories is amazing. I used to cut him some slack as thought he was anti Levein, but he's not... he's anti Budge & anti Hearts

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i wish jj was my dad

• Naisys Tackle

• Randy Marsh

• stevie1874

It's a safe bet attacking Hearts. He won't get hassled like he did when he went after Rangers where he really got his toes burnt.

BBC Glasgow making sure Rangers are not the talking point by all means.

18 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

As a nationilist I have to say if this moron was my MP I'd jump ship. The way he can twist things to suit himself and bend stories is amazing. I used to cut him some slack as thought he was anti Levein, but he's not... he's anti Budge & anti Hearts

Doesn't come over well at all. Petty, snidey and intolerant of others opinions. I disliked him as a player too. 

I've questioned CL's judgement many times but, Stewart wise, he nailed it. I gather Jim Jefferies wasn't impressed either when he played briefly for him in early 2010. 

Has anyone watched the Si Ferry interviews? Both Stephen Thompson & Ian Black both passed comment on him neither all that complimentary especially Black.

Never thought it would be possible for me to dislike him more as a ‘pundit’ than I did as a player. I do though. In actual fact his performances as a pundit are not that far removed from his performances as a player.

Barely competent but thinks he’s a more intelligent than his peers.

Wayward and inaccurate moves that always end up missing the target.

Looks to blame everyone else for his lack of accuracy.

Unable to keep his emotions in check, and as a result usually ends up looking like a complete twat.

28 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Has anyone watched the Si Ferry interviews? Both Stephen Thompson & Ian Black both passed comment on him neither all that complimentary especially Black.

Black was usually his blame hound. Remember one night at Tynecastle under the floodlights where Stewart had totally lost any semblance of composure throughout the match. At one stage he just straight up passed the ball right off the pitch and hit the advertising hoardings... what was his reaction? Raise a hand and drop the head in apology? Nod and accept he ****ed up? No, he frantically turned his head from side to side until he found Black and then tore in to him. 

He was a ****ing dreadful player, and all this shit about him being a step ahead of the other players on the pitch, or too intelligent for them is exactly that: shit.

Servco are the big story at the moment, but the weegia are ignoring them.

Hearts / Budge are a convenient smokescreen.  MS is doing his master's bidding.  Bawbag.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Black was usually his blame hound. Remember one night at Tynecastle under the floodlights where Stewart had totally lost any semblance of composure throughout the match. At one stage he just straight up passed the ball right off the pitch and hit the advertising hoardings... what was his reaction? Raise a hand and drop the head in apology? Nod and accept he ****ed up? No, he frantically turned his head from side to side until he found Black and then tore in to him. 

He was a ****ing dreadful player, and all this shit about him being a step ahead of the other players on the pitch, or too intelligent for them is exactly that: shit.

Spot on.  It was always somebody else's fault when MS frequently fecked-up on the pitch.

Michael Stewart was one of the poorest midfielders ever to play for Hearts, how he ever got himself on Man Utd's books as a youngster I'll never know and now he spouts p----sh about the technicalities of the game when he's punditing, based on what knowledge? as a player he couldn't kick my a--se.

Rat of a man. 

He was spot on about Levein but I'd back CL over him any day of the week. 

I'd have no issues whatsoever if he lost his job due to Covid. 

East Lothian Jambo
53 minutes ago, kila said:

It's a safe bet attacking Hearts. He won't get hassled like he did when he went after Rangers where he really got his toes burnt.

BBC Glasgow making sure Rangers are not the talking point by all means.

BBC Scotland / Sportsound love Rangers yet Rangers treat them with utter contempt!! 

East Lothian Jambo
14 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Michael Stewart was one of the poorest midfielders ever to play for Hearts, how he ever got himself on Man Utd's books as a youngster I'll never know and now he spouts p----sh about the technicalities of the game when he's punditing, based on what knowledge? as a player he couldn't kick my a--se.

The money he was earning at Man United was phenomenal for a player of his ability 

Not sure I've ever seen a player be sick on the pitch as much as Michael Stewart.  Seemingly it was regular whilst he was at Hibs 

16 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

BBC Scotland / Sportsound love Rangers yet Rangers treat them with utter contempt!! 

Plausible deniability

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

Ryan Stevenson also described him as an angry wee weirdo.

Did Gary Locke not grab him by the throat when JJ was manager second time around? Or was that some made up rumour?

Horatio Caine

Wasn't listening to it today.  What did he say? And why were they going over the Hearts stuff yet again?

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Did Gary Locke not grab him by the throat when JJ was manager second time around? Or was that some made up rumour?

Not sure but his last game for us was under JJ.

He inherited the wee prick as captain.

I can't remember exactly if he was subbed or dropped but he left the stadium instead of staying. He was challenged on that point by JJ in the Monday and claimed he'd stayed only to be shown CC TV footage of him getting in his car. His answer: that's not me!!!

Yeah it's another ginger in Hearts gear getting in YOUR car! He was shifted straight away.

His arrogance is frightening.

He's occasionally correct, but that's not the mark of a pundit - wild polarising views which may occasionally hit the mark. The job should be to bring balance and experience the viewer couldn't ascertain. Our pundits don't attempt balance and their experience is so insular, petty and uneducated that it's not worth a shiny shite.

Paint the town maroon

MS needs to change the record. His total obsession with CL has made him bitter to the rest of the club. He is a smart guy clearly (compared to billy Dodds, Derek Ferguson etc) but he has lost all remaining credibility.

1 hour ago, Bauldrick said:

As evidenced by his attempt at kicking a water bottle 😂😂😂

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

One of the weirdest moments I had at Tynecastle was in the 2009-10 season where two fans behind me were in a full blown argument, one saying Ian Black is rubbish and Michael Stewart is great, the other saying Michael Stewart is rubbish and Ian Black is great. Looking back, Ian Black contributed so much more to Hearts then Michael Stewart ever did.

I remember under Csaba, someone who was watching training posted on here that during a practice game or session (cant remember which exactly) Stewart made a mistake and immedately turned to Ryan McGowan. He then spent the next 5 mins while the practice was still going on, berating young Ryan. To me it summed him up the best. His time at Man Utd seems to condition him into a player who wants to win, but thinks everyone else is beneath his ability and any mistake he makes is not because of him but because everyone else messed up.

When he first become a pundit I thought he was going to be like a Scottish Gary Neville. He seemed to have good insights at first and be honest. But Stewart's always been one to hold grudges. Neville will criticise what he sees is wrong regardless of who it is as under SAF he was a guy who winning and being better was the most important thing. So will treat United with criticism because he wants to see them better. Stewart criticises then gets stubborn when told he is wrong and lets old annoyances and grudges come in. 

17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

One of the weirdest moments I had at Tynecastle was in the 2009-10 season where two fans behind me were in a full blown argument, one saying Ian Black is rubbish and Michael Stewart is great, the other saying Michael Stewart is rubbish and Ian Black is great. Looking back, Ian Black contributed so much more to Hearts then Michael Stewart ever did.

I remember under Csaba, someone who was watching training posted on here that during a practice game or session (cant remember which exactly) Stewart made a mistake and immedately turned to Ryan McGowan. He then spent the next 5 mins while the practice was still going on, berating young Ryan. To me it summed him up the best. His time at Man Utd seems to condition him into a player who wants to win, but thinks everyone else is beneath his ability and any mistake he makes is not because of him but because everyone else messed up.

When he first become a pundit I thought he was going to be like a Scottish Gary Neville. He seemed to have good insights at first and be honest. But Stewart's always been one to hold grudges. Neville will criticise what he sees is wrong regardless of who it is as under SAF he was a guy who winning and being better was the most important thing. So will treat United with criticism because he wants to see them better. Stewart criticises then gets stubborn when told he is wrong and lets old annoyances and grudges come in. 

Don’t quote me but I’m sure I read something along these lines that Notts Forest cancelled his loan early from Man U because of his Big time Charlie attitude in their dressing room. Echoes some of what you’ve posted above. 

2 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Here was me thinking Michael Stewart spouted the biggest load of p-sh!🤔

5 hours ago, YellowSub said:

Here was me thinking Michael Stewart spouted the biggest load of p-sh!🤔

We get it, you love the Huns, but this is a Hearts board where we hate the Huns and the tims. Stick to the bears den, going by your previous posts you would fit right in there 

9 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes - when Stewart mislaid a pass (i.e. very often) his first reaction was usually to find someone else to blame - my recollection is it was often one of the younger players who he knew would not dare to talk back to him. The fact that the alleged target of his pass had been nowhere near the ball was completely incidental to Stewart. Basically a very poor footballer with terrible discipline.  

Beginning to think that he has some sort of problem. The way he talks about us shows some sort of complete insecurity bordering on paranoia.  Fast becoming just a slavering idiot.

Ricardo Shillyshally

His angry wee man routine doesn't do him any favours at all.

He should really try reading "how to win friends and Influence people"

14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Didn't the club store sell MS merchandise at some point? I'm sure I have seen some in there.

A range of confectionery wasn’t it?

7806CF13-D2D1-4547-A911-77BCA7CD4802.jpeg

His fall in the tunnel is the best part of his hearts career. Thought he was a decent pundit but it's went his head. Just a slavering erse now.

3 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

His fall in the tunnel is the best part of his hearts career. Thought he was a decent pundit but it's went his head. Just a slavering erse now.

As a pundit I prefer BT Sport's Chris Sutton despite is celtic leanings he's a million times better than Stewart.

3fingersreid

Whilst I didn’t have any issues with his attack on sevco and particularly on traynor, on what was a good one sided listen on sportsound , I did think it was unfair that either a representative of sevco or traynor weren’t there to defend themselves. I also don’t think for one moment Stewart would’ve had the same vitriol if there had been . Like all bullies they take the easy target , with perhaps Ian Black being the exception .

Vastly over rated player and not much better as a pundit , who thanks to the superb Tom English is usually put back in his box .

12 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

Heard some bits of Sportsound including Stewart making a mess of understanding that people earning lower wages aren't getting a 50% cut. I did hear him apologise at one stage and admit he had got some of his argument wrong. 

Stewart's opinion on club financing is not his finest moment. Doesn't mean he's become a terrible pundit overnight though.

manaliveits105

lapped up by Gordon - Miller & co though to further their anti Hearts agenda - they just wind Stewart up and set him off like a clockwork toy 

1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Heard some bits of Sportsound including Stewart making a mess of understanding that people earning lower wages aren't getting a 50% cut. I did hear him apologise at one stage and admit he had got some of his argument wrong. 

Stewart's opinion on club financing is not his finest moment. Doesn't mean he's become a terrible pundit overnight though.

Well , no it doesn't.

SectionDJambo

The concern about this, pretty much, one sided and blinkered criticism of Hearts on this affair, is that the hard of thinking who listen and read these people constantly repeating their ill informed views, then tend to believe it.

Most of the dictators of the past had a belief that if you keep telling the masses a lie often enough, they’ll soon believe it as the truth.

Michael Stewart and pundits/media people of his ilk, are trying to put forward the view that footballers should be the exception to every other furloughed worker in the U.K., in that they should be paid in full whilst laid off from their employment during this critical time. Everyone else has to accept 80%, but highly paid footballers must get 100%, whether now or by deferring.

I can’t get my head round why more people aren’t asking these agitators why they think this should be.

John Findlay

When BBC Glasgow are giving it to Hearts tight and at this particular moment in time Anne Budge, why isint the anchorman interrupting and stating that Anne Budge isint there to defend herself?

19 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

He apologised for saying Hearts were keeping everyone up to minimum wage. 

Quite surprised he didn't know Hearts have been paying living wage since 2014.

Brick Tamland
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

When BBC Glasgow are giving it to Hearts tight and at this particular moment in time Anne Budge, why isint the anchorman interrupting and stating that Anne Budge isint there to defend herself?

Exactly!
This just confirms the bias that is rampant in the pathetic Scottish media. 

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Tom English was the voice of reason/balance in the discussion.

11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure but his last game for us was under JJ.

He inherited the wee prick as captain.

I can't remember exactly if he was subbed or dropped but he left the stadium instead of staying. He was challenged on that point by JJ in the Monday and claimed he'd stayed only to be shown CC TV footage of him getting in his car. His answer: that's not me!!!

Yeah it's another ginger in Hearts gear getting in YOUR car! He was shifted straight away.

His arrogance is frightening.

He's occasionally correct, but that's not the mark of a pundit - wild polarising views which may occasionally hit the mark. The job should be to bring balance and experience the viewer couldn't ascertain. Our pundits don't attempt balance and their experience is so insular, petty and uneducated that it's not worth a shiny shite.

That's a measure of the man right there. 

Edited by Ray Gin

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Tom English was the voice of reason/balance in the discussion.

He is not a representative of hearts though. No one from Hearts was there to defend the club or have the right of reply. Fair is fair.

20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He is not a representative of hearts though. No one from Hearts was there to defend the club or have the right of reply. Fair is fair.

They said they had invited Ann Budge to come onto the programme.