Spotted in Gregg's on gorgie rd threads

Masonic

Any genuine insider info been gained by spotting a player having talks with a manager at a hotel etc? Used to find these threads hilarious but always appeared to be banter.

15 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye players meeting managers in hotels will be happening all over the country just now.

More importantly, Greggs is closed! :sob:

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

More importantly, Greggs is closed! :sob:

Not in Peebles, Woolies are looking dodgey though

Saw a player last night as i was having a Chinese.

😂 brilliant thread that was.

Edited by moshy

46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wonder how many Hearts players have been on Skype this past week?

Maybe they were using Zoom and that's where all the leaks are coming from :ph34r:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kila said:

Maybe they were using Zoom and that's where all the leaks are coming from :ph34r:

Heard of Zoom but never seen it. Similar app I take it?

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Heard of Zoom but never seen it. Similar app I take it?

Yeah, originally geared towards business use. But their privacy policy has been in the news this week because it is rather dystopian. My work has advised folk to stop using it. We mostly use MS Teams anyway, but Zoom was useful for external collaboration.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/27/doc_searls_zoom_privacy

"...Zoom not only has the right to extract data from its users and their meetings, it can work with Google and other ad networks to turn this personal information into targeted ads that follow them across the web.

This personal info includes, and is not limited to, names, addresses and any other identifying data, job titles and employers, Facebook profiles, and device specifications. Crucially, it also includes "the content contained in cloud recordings, and instant messages, files, whiteboards ... shared while using the service."

2 hours ago, moshy said:

Saw a player last night as i was having a Chinese.

😂 brilliant thread that was.

Hanging out the bay window screaming abuse at a 19 year old kid who wasn't even playing. 

:rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, kila said:

Yeah, originally geared towards business use. But their privacy policy has been in the news this week because it is rather dystopian. My work has advised folk to stop using it. We mostly use MS Teams anyway, but Zoom was useful for external collaboration.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/27/doc_searls_zoom_privacy

"...Zoom not only has the right to extract data from its users and their meetings, it can work with Google and other ad networks to turn this personal information into targeted ads that follow them across the web.

This personal info includes, and is not limited to, names, addresses and any other identifying data, job titles and employers, Facebook profiles, and device specifications. Crucially, it also includes "the content contained in cloud recordings, and instant messages, files, whiteboards ... shared while using the service."

Risk reward. Probably useful for very large organisations with cyber security pumped up 

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Risk reward. Probably useful for very large organisations with cyber security pumped up 

Company cyber security won't stop that though when the usage privacy policy lets them do crazy shit like transcribe every conversation and no doubt use some facial recognition thanks to Google and match that to a Facebook profile.

They say it is all for personalised ads, but I reckon behind all this data harvesting is huge profiles of people and intimate details. Maybe some details that would be good for blackmailing a powerful person. I'm watching the last season of Mr Robot so my mind is in that sort of wavelength right now :smoking:

Edited by kila