We are going down

NB GIN

been here before
34 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We are in a global pandemic and a Heart of Midlothian fans forum is being updated every 10 minutes with new posts by an Aberdeen fan?🤭 Have a day off.

Whats "a global pandemic" got to do with who posts on here? 

Lets be honest his posts are better reading than the shite you frequently spout.

Might be an idea if your concerned about the 'pandemic/posting' issue that you make a sacrifice of yourself for a while and give us a break. We could all atand in out garden at 8pm tonight and applaud you.

Then when all is safe you could return.

Edited by been here before

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

• IveSeenTheLight

• NB GIN

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Whats "a global pandemic" hot to do with who posts on here.

Lets be honest his posts are better reading than the shite you frequently spout.

Might be an idea if your concerned about the 'pandemic/posting' issue that you make a sacrifice of yourself for a while and give us a break. We could all atand in out garden at 8pm tonight and applaud you.

Step away from the keyboard.....and Vodka my friend.

been here before
9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Step away from the keyboard.....and Vodka my friend.

Another withering reposte.

#stopposting_stopthepandemic

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

and who is the Manager of Rangers again?

Exactly 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's not sporting as such, but neither is denying a team a title with 8 games to go. Being pragmatic, i think the legal fallout from stopping the season far exceeds allowing teams to use new players.

And i would rather see this season finished, if possible.

They aren’t being denied if it wasn’t finished. Why sacrifice or restrict next season trying to sort out this seasons mess. Why create a mess for 2 seasons when this one is already a disaster to sort out. Starting again with a new season is the cleanest option imo. Whatever way it goes there will be teams losing out. 

IveSeenTheLight
12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

They aren’t being denied if it wasn’t finished. Why sacrifice or restrict next season trying to sort out this seasons mess. Why create a mess for 2 seasons when this one is already a disaster to sort out. Starting again with a new season is the cleanest option imo. Whatever way it goes there will be teams losing out. 

You're correct, it is a tough call and very hard to find a solution that fits all.

I can see a value in league reconstruction, for one season, to allow two teams to come up, but I don't think a 14 team league works well for the long term

If we had a 14 team league next season, I'd advocate that there should be three automatically relegated with 4th bottom to play in the play off.

All cup games should be played to a finish on the night (no replays)

55 minutes ago, been here before said:

Whats "a global pandemic" got to do with who posts on here? 

Are you such a ***** in real life? You come across as a nippy wee chappy on here. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Fair enough.

Guess its a poor simili to use the Olympics as an example then.

The question then boils back down to whether sporting integrity allows in a period where the season timeframe is extended to allow further transfer windows or if the teams should only be able to use their registered players / youth players?

Credit where its due, your second sentence is on the money. Why I think the season has to be scrapped. The rules of engagement have been altered and significantly whichever route they take

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, smiler said:

Are you such a ***** in real life? You come across as a nippy wee chappy on here. 

Contrary Mary might be a better user name. Needs a chill pill

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Credit where its due, your second sentence is on the money. Why I think the season has to be scrapped. The rules of engagement have been altered and significantly whichever route they take

I honestly can't see the season being scrapped, not with 80% of the league played and what appears to be contractual issues for the clubs.

They could work around the issue by reconstructing the league for one season.

14 teams, 26 games, then split (top 6, bottom 8), 3 teams in the bottom 8 automatically relegated with the 4th to play in a play-off, else 3 down, only 1 up

Tokyo Drifter
On 28/03/2020 at 18:57, Mikey1874 said:

No relegation this season.

Season will likely be stopped at current points and titles awarded. 2 up from leagues, no play offs. Brora and Kelty also promoted. 

It is the most obvious solution. Maroon-coloured spectacles aside, it seems insane to penalise clubs by relegating them when they're already going to be suffering extreme financial hardship because of the you-know-what. Far better to use expanded leagues to spread the finances more widely. .Also there's no way of fairly establishing which teams in the play-off spots would come up because those games require play-offs, i.e knock out games. More troubling is the cup games which are still to be played because us and The Flumps could still qualify for Europe. Voiding the league isn't an option either (Celtic would sue).

Edited by Tokyo Drifter

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Interesting stats put up by the BBC which infers that through simulation, Hearts have a 28.6% of getting out of the bottom 2 in the league

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52054235

Is that how football works ?

Simulation would probably tell you that Aberdeen should have won the Scottish cup since 1990

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Is that how football works ?

Simulation would probably tell you that Aberdeen should have won the Scottish cup since 1990

No of course thats not how it works.

I just thought it was quite interesting to see statistically (and I don't know their methodology)

Same as they are saying that there is a 56.82% probability would would not be bottom. That's positive as statistically their saying you have more than a 50% chance of not being in the automatic relegation spot.

To clarify, I didn't post to troll or anything sinister, just a little interesting break

Incidentlaly, did you not realise that this seasons Scottish Cup is to be announced and Aberdeen will win alphabetically 😜

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

I believe the season will have to be played out whenever it becomes possible. I reckon that will also be the stance taken by the various ruling bodies from the top end of the trough to the bottom. 

I don't believe titles and European places can be awarded based on an incomplete season nor clubs relegated. I'd genuinely post the same if it were Hibs who were bottom. 

There are contractual issues but that can be addressed by a UEFA directive. No transfer window until the season is complete, with current contracts extended to cover the remaining games. What choice would players have but to remain? Alternatively, allow all clubs to release/sign players as per in the summer and whatever squads that are assembled can finish the season. 

If this could all be completed by Christmas then have either a truncated season from January-May or, go with two calendar year seasons in 2021 and 2022 which would fit in with the Qatar World Cup. 

Edited by martoon

17 minutes ago, martoon said:

I believe the season will have to be played out whenever it becomes possible. I reckon that will also be the stance taken by the various ruling bodies from the top end of the trough to the bottom. 

I don't believe titles and European places can be awarded based on an incomplete season nor clubs relegated. I'd genuinely post the same if it were Hibs who were bottom. 

There are contractual issues but that can be addressed by a UEFA directive. No transfer window until the season is complete, with current contracts extended to cover the remaining games. What choice would players have but to remain? Alternatively, allow all clubs to release/sign players as per in the summer and whatever squads that are assembled can finish the season. 

If this could all be completed by Christmas then have either a truncated season from January-May or, go with two calendar year seasons in 2021 and 2022 which would fit in with the Qatar World Cup. 

Always wanted Summer football. 🤗

Interesting stats put up by the BBC which infers that through simulation, Hearts have a 28.6% of getting out of the bottom 2 in the league

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52054235

Not terrible odds for finishing the tenth tbh. Generous. Until 11th is automatic relegation however, it’s ultimately a pointless simulation.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You're correct, it is a tough call and very hard to find a solution that fits all.

I can see a value in league reconstruction, for one season, to allow two teams to come up, but I don't think a 14 team league works well for the long term

If we had a 14 team league next season, I'd advocate that there should be three automatically relegated with 4th bottom to play in the play off.

All cup games should be played to a finish on the night (no replays)

I can see a few clubs not voting on a league with 3 relegation spots. I don’t think  a 14 team league works. If league reconstruction is on the cards we need to get rid of the split imo. 

I would prefer the season to get finished but at what point will Sky and TV companies etc get involved.

I reckon 2 choices will be on the table null and void or league reconstruction time will dictate that soon enough.

Failing the above lets get the season finished and stay up really rub our haters nose in it

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

It is the most obvious solution. Maroon-coloured spectacles aside, it seems insane to penalise clubs by relegating them when they're already going to be suffering extreme financial hardship because of the you-know-what. Far better to use expanded leagues to spread the finances more widely. .Also there's no way of fairly establishing which teams in the play-off spots would come up because those games require play-offs, i.e knock out games. More troubling is the cup games which are still to be played because us and The Flumps could still qualify for Europe. Voiding the league isn't an option either (Celtic would sue).

This. And lets say we do

end the season now. What about the relegation/promotion playoffs and european places (considering they still plan to finish the SC)?

You can’t just relegate Hearts and abandon the playoffs.

If the league can’t be completed later, it needs to be abandoned and restarted with a gap in the record books, just like any abandoned match. 

Or, my preference is reconstruction (which has stopped clubs being relegated before with no outcry) that helps as many teams as possible. If anyone loses out, eg a team in the championship playoff position, they can be financially compensated by the league.

IveSeenTheLight
16 hours ago, Dazo said:

I can see a few clubs not voting on a league with 3 relegation spots. I don’t think  a 14 team league works. If league reconstruction is on the cards we need to get rid of the split imo. 

I agree, I also don;t think a 14 team league work, which is why it was suggested to put in for one season only.

the three relegated teams would be to counter not relegating anyone this year and having two teams come up.

To move to a league without a split, you either need to reduce the league to 10 teams (4 times each) else need to expand to 20 teams (once home and away). anything in between means either too few or too many games (depending if you play each other twice or four times).

The consensus in this country is that they wish to maintain the two cheeks playing each other 4 times in the league, many other teams want this as well to boost their finances when the cheeks come to their ground.

I'm not convinced the top level of Scottish football would benefit from a 20 team league either.

So the proposed three leagues of 14 is an interesting concept, but for me, would mean they'd need to include a 6/8 split

If season doesn't start till September or October and with a 14 team league you wouldn't need a split.  

There won’t be a 14 league, it’s a shitty number that doesn’t work. We would be even more a laughing stock if any of the permutations of splitting that league are used. 

Just do it for one season with three relegated and don't do a split..   if league starts September/October only around 26/30 weeks till March April.

I agree, I also don;t think a 14 team league work, which is why it was suggested to put in for one season only.

the three relegated teams would be to counter not relegating anyone this year and having two teams come up.

To move to a league without a split, you either need to reduce the league to 10 teams (4 times each) else need to expand to 20 teams (once home and away). anything in between means either too few or too many games (depending if you play each other twice or four times).

The consensus in this country is that they wish to maintain the two cheeks playing each other 4 times in the league, many other teams want this as well to boost their finances when the cheeks come to their ground.

I'm not convinced the top level of Scottish football would benefit from a 20 team league either.

So the proposed three leagues of 14 is an interesting concept, but for me, would mean they'd need to include a 6/8 split

I'm not against a 14-team league but not sure that a 6/8 split would work - you'd have the teams in the lower half of the league playing a higher number of games than those in the top. I think you'd be better going for a 7/7 split. Granted, after the split every week would see one team having to sit out the fixtures, but I don't think that's disastrous.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, S Form said:

I'm not against a 14-team league but not sure that a 6/8 split would work - you'd have the teams in the lower half of the league playing a higher number of games than those in the top. I think you'd be better going for a 7/7 split. Granted, after the split every week would see one team having to sit out the fixtures, but I don't think that's disastrous.

The 7/7 split, teams not playing is wy I think it needs to an even team split.

The reason for having a 6/8 as opposed to a 8/6 is twofold. 

1) The teams in the top 6 are more likely to have progressed further in the cups / Europe, meaning they would benefit from fewer games

2) The teams in the bottom 8, benefit from slightly more games (4 off) to offset fewer cup games and could help with revenue. You could also link in with more relegation / promotion opportunities i.e. change to a straight two up / two down, with an optional one off play off for 3rd bottom v 3rd top of the championship. The bottom 8 keeps interest to keep out of the drop zone, whilst the top 6 push for Europe. I know that potentially in the 2021/22 season we could get an additional space, but it does put more emphasis on winning the Scottish cup / finishing 3rd as there is benefits there ahead of 4th or 5th placed league qualifications

Sure, the bottom 8 would have played more league games than the top 6 (40 v's 36), but it doesn't currently affect league placings if 7th place accumulates more points than 6th post split now.

Its not ideal, but potentially a solution

IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, RENE said:

Just do it for one season with three relegated and don't do a split..   if league starts September/October only around 26/30 weeks till March April.

That's a potentially good shout too

3 down with 1 up?

Pasquale for King

Rumours that the Belgian FA are going to end their league campaign as it stands 👀

Bazzas right boot
On 31/03/2020 at 13:30, kirkierobroy said:

If Euro 2020 and the 2020 Olympics can be held in 2021, I don't see why the Scottish 19-20 season can't be played to a conclusion frim August or even later. It would mean the 20-21 season being curtailed with, say, fewer league games and no cup replays - but at least everyone would know that from the outset. 

Players contracts. 

Sponsorship. 

Football might not start again this year. 

I like the idea of playing the games but right now that does not look like happening and then what about contracts etc?

It has various issues. 

Belguim have gotten it correct imo, Chile done likewise. 

I think more will follow suit either doing that or voiding the season. 

Bit confused after today’s response from the masters of Scottish football 

Are we doomed ? 

TheGoodLord

If we think it’s an injustice spare a thought for Patrick fans, 1pt behind 2nd bottom with a game in hand so 9 games to play. 

Not yet.  We will find out on Friday 5pm.  If it's any comfort to you, the votes could take a twist in favour but equally against.

• davemclaren locked this topic