Covid conspiracy or the likes

jake

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yes, if you also consider the probabilities of alternatives actually being true.

Most conspiracy theorists are *certain* that their take on things is the truth.

Aye. There are loads of folk in the middle though. Open to other ideas about why things happen but not necessarily swayed. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• jake

• Space Mackerel

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Aye. There are loads of folk in the middle though. Open to other ideas about why things happen but not necessarily swayed. 

Not in my experience, GR. Usually I've encountered normal people or conspiracy theorists (some trying to hide that fact, but conspiracy theorists all the same).

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Not in my experience, GR. Usually I've encountered normal people or conspiracy theorists (some trying to hide that fact, but conspiracy theorists all the same).

Fair enough. I think everybody approaches the topic with their own preconceived ideas. Some folk want to believe it and some folk want to dismiss it. I’m definitely in the latter camp because as you suggested most of it is utter bunkum. 

Collapse the global economy, reset with a one world currency and new world order government gobbling up our freedoms.

Just throwing that out there

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough. I think everybody approaches the topic with their own preconceived ideas. Some folk want to believe it and some folk want to dismiss it. I’m definitely in the latter camp because as you suggested most of it is utter bunkum. 

Don't get me wrong, GR. I think it's essential to keep an open mind. "Question everything!" as they say. However, I think it's equally important to keep that mind in check and consider how probable (or, more relevantly, how improbable) alternative scenarios are in reality.

Anyway, to everyone else, keep on keeping on. I'm still sticking to my alien invasion theory though. ;)

Edited by redjambo

Space Mackerel
15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yes, if you also consider the probabilities of alternatives actually being true.

Most conspiracy theorists are *certain* that their take on things is the truth.

Depends how closed your mind is. They had all this planned a few days after 9/11?

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Depends how closed your mind is. They had all this planned a few days after 9/11?

The U.S. will always have plans ready to invade a great number of countries around the world, including most likely all of those in the Middle East.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

The U.S. will always have plans ready to invade a great number of countries around the world, including most likely all of those in the Middle East.

So the US government is conspiring to invade these countries then?

Central Belt 1874
5 hours ago, heartstastic said:

pandemic tabletop exercise hosted by The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated the pandemic preparedness efforts needed to diminish the large-scale economic and societal consequences of a severe pandemic.

This was 3 months before this whole thing kicked off...coincedence? Make your own mind up.

Interesting.

I was listening to Radio Scotland a couple of days ago and they were talking about the economic implications of Covid-19 on the housing sector, with Airbnb's changing to longer term leases. The individual being interviewed made a comment, that went unchallenged, along the lines of she had already changed her companies business model at the start of December due to conversations she had with Chinese associates about how this virus was going to affect her business .

Considering the virus never came to MSM light until maybe very end of December/start of January I thought it was quite odd. 

https://bfpg.co.uk/2020/03/covid-19-timeline/

On the other hand, guys like Bill Gates have been banging the drum about this scenario playing out for years now. 

6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

So the US government is conspiring to invade these countries then?

No, it has plans in place in case it ever decides that it has to. Sorry for asking, but are you being intentionally obtuse?

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

On the other hand, guys like Bill Gates have been banging the drum about this scenario playing out for years now. 

Isn't it funny though that people or companies like Bill Gates, Tony Blair, Bill Clinton and say Ford all have Foundations or Institutes? They're all part of these "organisations" like the Bildeburg Group or all meet up at Davos for their secret wee meetings. I wonder what they talk about?

Fitba? The weather?

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

I wonder what they talk about?

Fitba? The weather?

The whereabouts of Zlatanable?

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Isn't it funny though that people or companies like Bill Gates, Tony Blair, Bill Clinton and say Ford all have Foundations or Institutes? They're all part of these "organisations" like the Bildeburg Group or all meet up at Davos for their secret wee meetings. I wonder what they talk about?

Fitba? The weather?

Digital currency, economics, the next big thing.

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No, it has plans in place in case it ever decides that it has to. Sorry for asking, but are you being intentionally obtuse?

Are you saying a high ranking General wasn't surprised at US foreign policy being drawn up so quickly after 9/11.

Have you read Project for a New American Century. Do you known when it was written by all the US hawks?

The whole thing is being controlled by Disney. With Disney plus being released they wanted everyone home and paying for it. 

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Are you saying a high ranking General wasn't surprised at US foreign policy being drawn up so quickly after 9/11.

Have you read Project for a New American Century. Do you known when it was written by all the US hawks?

You could have just answered Yes to my initial question, rather than waste your 10,000th post on here with that. :D

I'm out, Space Mackerel, and will leave you to your fun and games. :thumbsup:

Space Mackerel
Just now, redjambo said:

You could have just answered Yes to my initial question, rather than waste your 10,000th post on here with that. :D

I'm out, Space Mackerel, and will leave you to your fun and games. :thumbsup:

10,000. Cheers for the heads up! I'm away out!

Erm, no I'm no. :lol:

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

10,000. Cheers for the heads up! I'm away out!

Erm, no I'm no. :lol:

Some milestone though. You should celebrate like it's the end of the world! :)

Space Mackerel
Just now, redjambo said:

Some milestone though. You should celebrate like it's the end of the world! :)

On my 3rd can of Stella now pal. 😉

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

On my 3rd can of Stella now pal. 😉

Nice that someone’s idea of essential supplies is the same as mine. 

40 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And there was my thinking that this was all intended to "toughen" up the human race and make us more organised and self-reliant in preparation for the forthcoming alien invasion.

Thanks for illuminati-ng me, Jake! :thumbsup:

Not really my bag aliens red.

There are enough monsters that are human.

Governments in just the last 100 years have gassed and experimented on people.

Mass murdered under the guise of cultural revolution.

Infected on purpose people with syphilis.

Ethnically cleansed.

Etc etc.

Go back 200 years and it's no better.

Right now there is a world population and environmental tipping point.

You dont think that's discussed at the top.

You dont think just maybe a government like China and the USA develop these weapons of biology?

Or do they just develop that stuff for the crack.

2 minutes ago, jake said:

Not really my bag aliens red.

There are enough monsters that are human.

Governments in just the last 100 years have gassed and experimented on people.

Mass murdered under the guise of cultural revolution.

Infected on purpose people with syphilis.

Ethnically cleansed.

Etc etc.

Go back 200 years and it's no better.

Right now there is a world population and environmental tipping point.

You dont think that's discussed at the top.

You dont think just maybe a government like China and the USA develop these weapons of biology?

Or do they just develop that stuff for the crack.

That bit in bold is spot on.

I know we've been horrific as a race in the past, Jake, and I am sure that we have biological weapons galore salted away, but do I think that the current outbreak was intentionally introduced for nefarious purposes? It's always a possibility of course, but no, I don't think so. Occam's razor and all that - much more likely that some guy or gal caught the virus from an animal species that carries it in the wild. I just can't see a valid reason for any government or other agency wanting to do it at this moment in time.

Space Mackerel

I'm old enough to remember TV programmes like proper "Panorama" and World in Action on ITV. They would on a weekly basis expose UK government, local government or company skullduggery. It was usually followed by a change in law and resignations.

Now, anyone exposing the truth are labelled " conspiracy theorists," which, the phrase actually came into being after the assassination of JFK, funnily enough. And of course, everyone believes James Harvey Oswald did it, don't they. Surely?

Ffs, it's absolutely obvious that this so called virus has been bio-engineered, by the same people who started the Spanish flu and the bubonic plague. WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

12 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I'm old enough to remember TV programmes like proper "Panorama" and World in Action on ITV. They would on a weekly basis expose UK government, local government or company skullduggery. It was usually followed by a change in law and resignations.

Now, anyone exposing the truth are labelled " conspiracy theorists," which, the phrase actually came into being after the assassination of JFK, funnily enough. And of course, everyone believes James Harvey Oswald did it, don't they. Surely?

Just because JFK was likely a government plot doesn’t mean all the other big events were. Everything from the death of Elvis to Ebola can’t have all been deliberate plots. Some things just happen. 

15 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Outed. :wink: If you had said "exposing possibilities", then that would have been different. You are automatically assuming that alternative theories are "the truth".

As I said, conspiracy theorists are different from normal people in that they are adamant that their version of reality is the correct one.

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just because JFK was likely a government plot doesn’t mean all the other big events were. Everything from the death of Elvis to Ebola can’t have all been deliberate plots. Some things just happen. 

Mind Tony Blair said that London could be hit in 45 mins with a WMD. How did that work out in the subsequent inquiry?

12 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Mind Tony Blair said that London could be hit in 45 mins with a WMD. How did that work out in the subsequent inquiry?

You’re not getting me. I’m saying you’re right to question things and right to demand clarity from governments. The point I’m making is some major events just happen., either through poor judgement, nature or a set of unfortunate circumstances. Believing everything is not as it seems is just as crazy as believing everything is as it seems. 

Space Mackerel
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re not getting me. I’m saying you’re right to question things and right to demand clarity from governments. The point I’m making is some major events just happen., either through poor judgement, nature or a set of unfortunate circumstances. Believing everything is not as it seems is just as crazy as believing everything is as it seems. 

Here’s my conspiracy theory on the pandemic. 

Most economic forecasters have been predicting a huge Global financial market collapse for last few years. Bigger than the 1930’s one.  This is the “cover up.” Keep the worlds population from revolting. 

Sweden haven’t gone to any such extreme measures as the rest of the West, whys that? 

George Orwell first published 1984 35 years before and this situation that has began will lead to a distopyian ‘reality’ occurs exactly 35 years after. 

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Here’s my conspiracy theory on the pandemic. 

Most economic forecasters have been predicting a huge Global financial market collapse for last few years. Bigger than the 1930’s one.  This is the “cover up.” Keep the worlds population from revolting. 

Sweden haven’t gone to any such extreme measures as the rest of the West, whys that? 

Or it could just be a virus. New viruses have appeared every so often throughout history. 

Or it could just be a virus. New viruses have appeared every so often throughout history. 

About every 20 odd years I think🤔

Space Mackerel

It could well be. Just like Charles Darwin’s theory doesn’t explain how life started on this planet. 

D84047A7-D29C-4E63-BF23-D0608F2CEB9E.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

It could well be. Just like Charles Darwin’s theory doesn’t explain how life started on this planet. 

Yeah so it comes down to what theory is the most likely or credible. The just a new virus theory seems credible and likely whereas the plot to ensure the population of the world is tricked into accepting a new world order seems like a theory based on paranoia and poor thought process. Imo of course. 

The Internet
2 hours ago, Phage said:

Collapse the global economy, reset with a one world currency and new world order government gobbling up our freedoms.

Just throwing that out there

001_sNWO_04222002_0007--a15a7cead6fbb5b6

10 hours ago, redjambo said:

Outed. :wink: If you had said "exposing possibilities", then that would have been different. You are automatically assuming that alternative theories are "the truth".

As I said, conspiracy theorists are different from normal people in that they are adamant that their version of reality is the correct one.

Confirmation bias is their reading of choice. 

And does SM know Panorama is still on. 

10 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

You'd think they'd create a vaccine, just in case. 

Space Mackerel
14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah so it comes down to what theory is the most likely or credible. The just a new virus theory seems credible and likely whereas the plot to ensure the population of the world is tricked into accepting a new world order seems like a theory based on paranoia and poor thought process. Imo of course. 

If you’ve got a bit of spare time (and I’m sure you have) watch a film called Wag the Dog. It shows you how government and media conspire with each other to manipulate the news and agendas. 

AS IF anyone REALLY believes that anyone near the centre of government ACTUALLY has the virus. Pah!

Edited by Thaw

Space Mackerel
21 minutes ago, Thaw said:

AS IF anyone REALLY believes that anyone near the centre of government ACTUALLY has the virus. Pah!

Johnson has put up 2 videos now and seems to look OK and hasn’t coughed once. 

On 29/03/2020 at 10:45, Space Pirate said:

There's 2 biological weapons facilities in Wuhan, just a coincidence? 

There is also a big market where they sell weird sh~# for eating...

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

There is also a big market where they sell weird sh~# for eating...

They've been eating weird shit for centuries.. 

22 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

They've been eating weird shit for centuries.. 

But we've not been flying in and out for centuries. 

Greedy Jambo
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

But we've not been flying in and out for centuries. 

They've been making your shoes for long enough. 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

They've been making your shoes for long enough. 

And we've been gradually getting more virused up tae feck. 

2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

If you’ve got a bit of spare time (and I’m sure you have) watch a film called Wag the Dog. It shows you how government and media conspire with each other to manipulate the news and agendas. 

If it’s Dustin Hoffman I’ve seen it. Good film. 

1 hour ago, Thaw said:

Idris Elba and my pals cousins bird are in on the act as well. All only showing or have shown mild symptoms. 

Seymour M Hersh

All I have to offer on it being partly or fully manipulated in a lab (Wuhan is home to China's only BS4 lab) is from this Taiwanese Professor but as you see at the bottom of the article it's refuted by another Professor. Whatever happens it has shown the scientific profession to be extremely bitchy. :laugh: Must be all the competition for Government research money. 

Professor Fang Chi-tai of NTU addressed internet concerns that virus is man-made
COVID-19 has four additional amino acids not found in any other coronaviruses. Fang said that these four amino acids make the disease easier to transmit.
He asserted that in nature, it is “unlikely to have four amino acids added at once.”
Fang concluded, “Therefore, from an academic point of view, it is indeed possible that the amino acids were added to COVID-19 in the lab by humans.”
From Taiwannews.com.tw:

A National Taiwan University (NTU) professor on Saturday (Feb. 22) said the virus is likely man-made, based on its unusual structure. At a seminar on the coronavirus (COVID-19) hosted by the Taiwan Public Health Association at NTU, Fang Chi-tai (方啟泰), a professor at NTU’s College of Public Health, addressed the many theories circulating that the virus somehow leaked from or was released from the Wuhan Institute of Virology biosafety level 4 laboratory (BSL-4 Lab).

At a seminar on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) hosted by the Taiwan Public Health Association at NTU, Fang Chi-tai (方啟泰), a professor at NTU’s College of Public Health, addressed the many theories circulating that the virus somehow leaked from or was released from the Wuhan Institute of Virology biosafety level 4 laboratory (BSL-4 Lab). He said that what is known is that there are many deadly viruses being researched in the facility, such as SARS and Ebola, and that China’s track record with safety standards and laboratory management has been questioned in the past.

Fang said that COVID-19 is 96 percent similar to the bat virus RaTG13, which is known to be housed at the lab. Fang said that this in itself is not a smoking gun, as a genetic similarity of 99 percent would be required to declare them to be the same.

He said that a French team investigating COVID-19 had found that the key difference between RaTG13 and COVID-19 was that the latter has four additional amino acids not found in any other coronaviruses. Fang said that these four amino acids make the disease easier to transmit.

Fang said that the French team’s findings had led some in the scientific community to speculate that Chinese scientists thought the SARS outbreak 17 years ago was too easy to deal with, so they developed an “upgraded version.” He said that with modern technology, such an “upgrade” is theoretically possible.

The professor said that viruses normally only have small mutations in the form of singular changes in natural conditions. He asserted that in nature, it is “unlikely to have four amino acids added at once.”

Fang concluded, “Therefore, from an academic point of view, it is indeed possible that the amino acids were added to COVID-19 in the lab by humans.” He said that it is also still possible that this occurred in nature but that “the chances are very slim.”

Fang stressed that the mutations found in the novel coronavirus are “unusual in an academic sense.” He asserted that “It is indeed possible that it is a man-made product.”

He said that it would be critical to conduct an internal investigation of the records at BSL-4 Lab. However, given the opaque nature of the current regime in Beijing, he said such a public inquest into the lab’s records looks highly unlikely in the near future.

On the positive side, Fang said that if it is an artificially generated virus, it means it does not occur naturally in the ecosystem. Therefore, after the last patient is cured, it should not become a seasonal illness such as the flu, which is generated naturally in the environment.

However, renowned Taiwanese-American professor Ching Lin on Feb. 1 refuted a similar theory being circulated that it was “bioweapon” created by the U.S., saying the addition of the aforementioned four amino acids is not as “critical” as some in the Chinese media had claimed.

Lin also cast doubt on the credibility of the paper (Uncanny similarity of unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120 and Gag) being cited in the conspiracy theories. He first suggested that the platform bioRxiv, on which the paper was published, is untrustworthy as most of the literature it posts does not undergo peer review.

He also noted that the four insertions in the spike glycoproteins that Indian authors described as unique to COVID-19 are not unusual in the results for pBLAST (an algorithm for comparing primary biological sequence information).