How are other clubs coping with this?

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

If only you were as this concerned 3 years ago. 

I'm always concerned when things don't go as expected. 

I just don't get in a panic, launch slaver grenades left, right and centre and become an emotional mess over things. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

If only you were as this concerned 3 years ago. 

Around 3 years I was very concerned how a surprisingly large group of Hearts fans could think Robbie Neilson was doing a bad job and should leave, after finishing 1st in the Championship and one of the top scorers in Europe that year, 3rd in the Premiership the following season - again scoring a lot - and only losing 3 league games out of 17 the following season taking us to 2nd and well on course for a very rare 2nd 3rd place in a. row. In 6 of those 17 games we'd scored 3 or more goals. And that was with mostly shit strikers after Sow left. 

Still concerned about that to be honest. I fear no manager will ever satisfy some Hearts fans. 

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Around 3 years I was very concerned how a surprisingly large group of Hearts fans could think Robbie Neilson was doing a bad job and should leave, after finishing 1st in the Championship and one of the top scorers in Europe that year, 3rd in the Premiership the following season - again scoring a lot - and only losing 3 league games out of 17 the following season taking us to 2nd and well on course for a very rare 2nd 3rd place in a. row. In 6 of those 17 games we'd scored 3 or more goals. And that was with mostly shit strikers after Sow left. 

Still concerned about that to be honest. I fear no manager will ever satisfy some Hearts fans. 

It was really good when we were smashing posties 10 nil. Can I ask what was your favourite part about Robbie turning into a poundstretcher George Graham the second we won the diddy league?

5 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

He's still here by the way and so is macphee. 

They've taken a wage cut though... so all is fine. 

I'll say once more to you, FTH

News reporting that other clubs across England adopting similar measures to us. Ann had the foresight to take action. However teams like Man U, Spurs etc take cost cutting measures not one person lays into them like the hassle Ann gets. Just goes to show the hypocrisy that is Scottish football.  

53 minutes ago, Marvin said:

News reporting that other clubs across England adopting similar measures to us. Ann had the foresight to take action. However teams like Man U, Spurs etc take cost cutting measures not one person lays into them like the hassle Ann gets. Just goes to show the hypocrisy that is Scottish football.  

I read last night that Barca players took a 70% pay cut so the office staff could remain on full or near full pay.

70% of most of the first team players is probably still more than any admin staff mind...

It looks like Rangers are going down the selling season tickets for next season route. It does make me wonder if there is no football for the rest of the year, what happens, do these clubs need to give the money back to the fans? Would the fans want it back? 

1 hour ago, jamb0_1874 said:

It looks like Rangers are going down the selling season tickets for next season route. It does make me wonder if there is no football for the rest of the year, what happens, do these clubs need to give the money back to the fans? Would the fans want it back? 

I think they would need to give it back as it is a prepayment for something not received. 

Secondly, they would only be able to get their hands on sale proceeds if payed in cash. I would doubt merchant service providers would release any funds until clear that games can be played.

Remember we requested folks to pay by cash a few times, if they could, to allow the funds to be utilised. I also seen that holiday companies are being asked for larger deposits to be held with their providers or they won't be releasing funds. 

I would question how many folk would want to pay cash for season tickets at this time.

I guess time will tell. Its a tough one as everybodys budgets are being squeezed and nobody knows what is around the corner yet every football fan wants to help the club that they love. Still putting food on the table has to come first.

4 hours ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Man City are getting dogs for doing the same taking fans direct debits for season tickets but no sure if it for the remainder of this season or next seasons but irrespective they should calm down until at least if they know the season is going to be completed.

tartofmidlothian
15 hours ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Surely the only safe way to do this is by selling vouchers redeemable against future season tickets, with a seat reservation included.

On 01/04/2020 at 07:13, Marvin said:

It's a lot to do with the intelligence levels of those that get paid to spew comment about our game.  I mean FFS if you are in a crisis business meeting do you listen to Ann Budge or Kriss Boyd!!!!  

John Findlay
On 01/04/2020 at 04:37, SpruceBringsteen said:

It was really good when we were smashing posties 10 nil. Can I ask what was your favourite part about Robbie turning into a poundstretcher George Graham the second we won the diddy league?

That will be why we won our first game back in the top league 4-3. Some people dont have spout shite at times.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

That will be why we won our first game back in the top league 4-3. Some people dont have spout shite at times.

Did we not beat Motherwell 6-0 aswell?

People had it in for Robbie and made his decision easier to leave.

gorgie rd eh11

Clubs in England are getting slaughtered for not cutting players wages. Up here Hearts are getting slaughtered for talking about cutting players wages.

queensferryjambo

This thread was supposed to be about how other teams are doing in this crisis.

Turned into a Levein & Neilson bashing thread. 

Kickback at it's best :yas:

5 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Clubs in England are getting slaughtered for not cutting players wages. Up here Hearts are getting slaughtered for talking about cutting players wages.

Strange one though I suppose Scottish player get paid a fraction of their English counterparts. However most Scottish players at biggest clubs Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and uglies get a decent wage compared to most other jobs.

John Findlay

Other clubs will be coping like us. The difference being how they are using language to sugar coat what they are doing and also how the MSM decide to report it. ALL clubs repeat all clubs in Scotland are in the same boat, to say otherwise is stupid, ignorant at best.

Lots of heads in the sand at clubs in the MSM and the vast majority of football supporters, especially the ones who believe everything in the printed msm and what they hear from pundits( the majority who know **** all) on both the radio and television.

Main 6pm BBC news going on yesterday re how some English clubs are adapting to this but as I waited till they mentioned Hearts .......it really is the English news eh? Spurs players on 70k a week!

48 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Oh no I missed out on this hadn't realised. Anything in particular I could add?

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 02:59, ToqueJambo said:

I agree. I have to laugh at some of the fans on the thread about salary cut talking about players sense of entitlement.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 31/03/2020 at 20:37, SpruceBringsteen said:

You may, thanks for asking. 1-0 to the Arsenal George Graham? Maybe look at the scoring record of Neilson's teams in the Premiership as well. And Neilson didn't have Ian Wright.

Bazzas right boot
On 01/04/2020 at 04:37, SpruceBringsteen said:

Feckin hell. 

A pounstretcher George Graham... We'd be so lucky. 

We finished third the season after. 

Things have really kicked on for us since he left right enough. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

The Coronavirus thread and what next thread turned into CL's fault as well. 

Tbf, with no football and the world issues currently, folk are doing really well to bring it about to a Robbie /cl/ Budge oot thing. 

It's a thing if beauty to watch. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Burnley giving an insight into the EPL situation here. They could be 50 million down.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/04/burnley-warn-of-50m-loss-due-to-suspension-of-english-football

"The club are one of the better-run outfits..."

"Their wage bill of £87m... is among the lowest in the Premier League."

Burnley population: 88,527

Burnley FC ground capacity: 21,944

Money spent on transfers in the last 4 years: Over £110m

Nothing to see here. Carry on. No need to panic. Completely sustainable. Bubble, what bubble?

Hungry hippo
On 28/03/2020 at 13:04, frankblack said:

Its only us and Aberdeen in the Scottish Premier that are being honest about it.  Aberdeen thought they had a lifeline with insurance but that policy runs out in a month and won't be offered again, leaving them with a problem.

Other clubs must be paying less money to their staff but take smaller gates, so relatively speaking they must be in at least the same amount of shit as both us and Aberdeen.

As for Sevco, well ....

Aberdeen are in a lot better position than us. Getting £2m from investors and 2 months insurance cover. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Aberdeen are in a lot better position than us. Getting £2m from investors and 2 months insurance cover. 

They were even before this as Cormack has been pumping money in, but down the line when football restarts they'll be on the hook for a very large deferred wage bill, with depleted cash, investors wanting a return and playing in a stadium they don't want to be in anymore with the new stadium they were banking on transforming their fortunes dead in the water.

On 01/04/2020 at 21:53, Angel eyes said:

Man City are getting dogs for doing the same taking fans direct debits for season tickets but no sure if it for the remainder of this season or next seasons but irrespective they should calm down until at least if they know the season is going to be completed.

This seasons tickets.One payment left.They cannot do anything until they close the season down.

Seemingly it is a logistic nightmare.The main abuse is the timing of the email.If they emailed a week before most fans would have been okay with the payment getting taken off.

Just hope City do not go down the Spurs,Newcastle and Liverpool ect route.

Hungry hippo
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

They were even before this as Cormack has been pumping money in, but down the line when football restarts they'll be on the hook for a very large deferred wage bill, with depleted cash, investors wanting a return and playing in a stadium they don't want to be in anymore with the new stadium they were banking on transforming their fortunes dead in the water.

Deferrals aren't ideal for any club but they are in a far less perilous position than most in Scottish football right now. The new stadium will obviously have to be kicked further down the road again.

Yeah about the stadium, it was mentioned on Sport-sound today.  Cormack spoke about having a 16 or 18k (think it was 16) stadium but if they wanted 20k it would cost another 6 mill.  Yeah it wont take and kind of priority until the wages are paid and or any debt if it amounts.  They are debt free as it stands.

Think they want deferrals done by September.  After that they are worried.

39 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

In that case then they will be worried because there won't be any football in September. 

Or even the following September is Asian countries like Thailand keep diseased live animal markets open which they are doing right now.

Angry Haggis
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

"The club are one of the better-run outfits..."

"Their wage bill of £87m... is among the lowest in the Premier League."

Burnley population: 88,527

Burnley FC ground capacity: 21,944

Money spent on transfers in the last 4 years: Over £110m

Nothing to see here. Carry on. No need to panic. Completely sustainable. Bubble, what bubble?

Those numbers are eye watering. It’s actually pretty disgusting that the top flight game has gotten to these numbers in the first place. 

TyphoonJambo
54 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Or even the following September is Asian countries like Thailand keep diseased live animal markets open which they are doing right now.

Live animal markets should become world government targets. Filthy,disease ridden and cruel beyond imagination yet they continue. I refuse to post any links, they are so abhorrent,  but if you want evidence theres plenty on you tube.

• 4 weeks later...
tartofmidlothian

I've had no time to keep up with the megathreads in all of this, so thought I'd bump this one instead. Have any other clubs up here announced wage cuts or furloughs?

highlandjambo3
16 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I've had no time to keep up with the megathreads in all of this, so thought I'd bump this one instead. Have any other clubs up here announced wage cuts or furloughs?

Anything that any other club do under the circumstances will be deemed *appropriate by the weegia, anything we do will be deemed inappropriate by the weegia...... it’s the way of the weegia.

*even if we have already done this.