Royal Mail

Tynieman

I live in the EH16 area and I’ve not had mail in two weeks or so.

I know it’s likely due to coronavirus, but their website suggests they are still delivering? I’ve not seen the postman at all during this period of time.

Does anyone know what’s happening?

maroondevo52

https://www.royalmail.com/priority-postboxes

I drive for Royal Mail collecting and delivering to Banks, Building Societies and Financial Businesses, as far as I know post is still being delivered, the depots are rammed with parcels ect with folk ordering online.

Parcelforce are also working flat out.

Edited by maroondevo52

Mail still being delivered in EH3.  Noticeable the Postie's walking around as it's otherwise empty in Fountain bridge area.....

joondalupjambo

Apart from junk mail we get virtually no mail in the post box, even the tax man emails me now.  All utility, bank and insurance companies online correspondence.  Appreciate this might be an age related issue for some but we are early to mid 60's and we have set it all up so as to have as little delivered mail as possible.  Parcel deliveries aye but no mail.

21 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

https://www.royalmail.com/priority-postboxes

I drive for Royal Mail collecting and delivering to Banks, Building Societies and Financial Businesses, as far as I know post is still being delivered, the depots are rammed with parcels ect with folk ordering online.

Parcelforce are also working flat out.

Post office just now said they are working alongside Royal Mail who are running 'normal' just now though could change. 

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I got a delivery 5 mins ago and it was for the house 2 doors away. 

Erse. 

Think that is being a bit harsh, Two Doors Down is not bad 😃

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Think that is being a bit harsh, Two Doors Down is not bad 😃

😅 Watched about 10 of them yesterday. 👍

I know it may sound like I’ve just not got any mail, but my direct neighbours are in the same boat and it seems extremely unlikely that none of us would have mail for two full weeks.

I’m obviously in self isolation so because I’m in at al times, I would hear my gate and post being delivered next door.

3 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

I know it may sound like I’ve just not got any mail, but my direct neighbours are in the same boat and it seems extremely unlikely that none of us would have mail for two full weeks.

I’m obviously in self isolation so because I’m in at al times, I would hear my gate and post being delivered next door.

Mibbes clean the black cross off your door.

Got a nice leaflet through the door from farmfoods towards the end of the panic buying. They had a deal on 3 x packs of 18 bog roll. 

4 hours ago, Tynieman said:

I live in the EH16 area and I’ve not had mail in two weeks or so.

I know it’s likely due to coronavirus, but their website suggests they are still delivering? I’ve not seen the postman at all during this period of time.

Does anyone know what’s happening?

My mate is temporary using me for a care of address and he gets more post than me. Last letter was from Nationwide wanting me to confirm my email address for online banking purposes.

36 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Got a nice leaflet through the door from farmfoods towards the end of the panic buying. They had a deal on 3 x packs of 18 bog roll. 

The end of the panic buying?

Would that be the front end because the shops have no craproll around here.