Car Insurance renewal

iantjambo

My car insurance (Admiral) is due for renewal on 16th April. Admiral say that my insurance will renew automatically and I will get an email from them 2-3 weeks before. 
I’m worried about whether or not this will happen due to obvious reasons. Also having just moved house I’ve been unable to change my address. Can’t get through on the phone (understandable) and when I try and do it online, I get through all the questions/changes etc, hit submit and get an error message.

Any advice?

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

My car insurance (Admiral) is due for renewal on 16th April. Admiral say that my insurance will renew automatically and I will get an email from them 2-3 weeks before. 
I’m worried about whether or not this will happen due to obvious reasons. Also having just moved house I’ve been unable to change my address. Can’t get through on the phone (understandable) and when I try and do it online, I get through all the questions/changes etc, hit submit and get an error message.

Any advice?

Almost all online insurers will renew automatically, however I would suggest getting other online quotes before agreeing.

1 minute ago, Jambo314 said:

Almost all online insurers will renew automatically, however I would suggest getting other online quotes before agreeing.

I thought that. Hopefully the email is automatically generated as well.

I’ll certainly be shopping around once I get their quote. 

Cheers 👍🏻

Angry Haggis

Just halfed my car insurance as it’s due for renewal and did a bit price comparison. Well worth it sir. Even if comparison prices come out the same check the detail in excess/additional coverage. 

3 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

Just halfed my car insurance as it’s due for renewal and did a bit price comparison. Well worth it sir. Even if comparison prices come out the same check the detail in excess/additional coverage. 

agree, the whole insurance market is geared against loyalty. those who are loyal generally end up paying more than they have to

Harry Potter
6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Any advice?

Had an E-mail from Coop car insurance a few days ago, business as usual but longer times for phone calls.

Think you need to keep trying on the phone i had to change address last november, a pain but has to be done.

mine is due on the 12th April, went on compare the market and found it at half price:).

Carl Fredrickson

My insurance runs out on Tuesday. Received offer from current supplier. Went on price comparison sites (3 of them) and received loads of cheaper offers. 

I always shop around and check the detail of the offers. Opted for one that has lots of extras included which was £150 cheaper than my current one. 

On top of this I am due £28 cash back as I went via Quidco 

The phone call to my current firm to cancel was as always interesting. They always give it the "oh but we can maybe offer you a better deal". My response is always a "no thank you" as my view is that they have already had their chance. 

Same as Carl. If my current insurer say 'hang on will see if we can add some discount' I tell them to bolt.

With my car insurance have been impressed with current lot. In my third year with them for 2 cars, at both renewals they emailed me either cheaper or marginally higher pricing. Not even the Meerkat could beat them either time. QuoteMeHappy.

If you get a good quote from them drop me a pm. I have a referral code that gets both of us a £50 Amazon voucher.

3fingersreid

Wouldn’t insure with that shower of shit if they were the last insurance company on the planet . Shop around and move from them ASAP 

Ricardo Shillyshally
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Wouldn’t insure with that shower of shit if they were the last insurance company on the planet . Shop around and move from them ASAP 

Bad experience? Who are u with now?

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

They were the cheapest and I’ve not had any issues with them.

3fingersreid
41 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Bad experience? Who are u with now?

14 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

They were the cheapest and I’ve not had any issues with them.

They wrongly  accused me of having been the cause of a major crash that cost £30k ,yep thirty thousand pounds worth of damage , .After having to go back to my previous 3 insurers who confirmed I was innocent , it took me to get in touch with Q data base who hold all insurance details , they also cleared me and sent an email to me to use as proof . Got back to the shysters and it transpired the previous owner of the car had caused an accident but they had “ mixed up the dates”!!!!!!

Complained to the ombudsman who agreed with me and the £50 they’d offered turned into £200.

They were cheap but they did try to put my insurance up from £170 to £3,500 . 
Hence the reason I despise them . 

Ricardo Shillyshally
10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

They wrongly  accused me of having been the cause of a major crash that cost £30k ,yep thirty thousand pounds worth of damage , .After having to go back to my previous 3 insurers who confirmed I was innocent , it took me to get in touch with Q data base who hold all insurance details , they also cleared me and sent an email to me to use as proof . Got back to the shysters and it transpired the previous owner of the car had caused an accident but they had “ mixed up the dates”!!!!!!

Complained to the ombudsman who agreed with me and the £50 they’d offered turned into £200.

They were cheap but they did try to put my insurance up from £170 to £3,500 . 
Hence the reason I despise them . 

Wow. Poor stuff. You shouldn't have to go through that.

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Wow. Poor stuff. You shouldn't have to go through that.

It really was a stressful time trying to get through to someone who would listen to the facts . Eventually got one guy who did listen and when I sent the Q Data email he was helpful . 
I’ll be eternally grateful to Churchill Insurance who gave me the QData number and the guy there who was outstanding , even telling me what to say to them when proving my innocence . Ombudsman told me it wasn’t my job to have done the phoning around but it was admirals job to have been checking details . 

By today’s stressful time I suppose it pales into insignificance but at the time it wasn’t pleasant to have hanging over me/us . 

Ricardo Shillyshally
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

It really was a stressful time trying to get through to someone who would listen to the facts . Eventually got one guy who did listen and when I sent the Q Data email he was helpful . 
I’ll be eternally grateful to Churchill Insurance who gave me the QData number and the guy there who was outstanding , even telling me what to say to them when proving my innocence . Ombudsman told me it wasn’t my job to have done the phoning around but it was admirals job to have been checking details . 

By today’s stressful time I suppose it pales into insignificance but at the time it wasn’t pleasant to have hanging over me/us . 

Shocking stuff. CUE is the Claims and Underwriting Exchange and generally a good thing.

Problem with most of these insurers is they have employees who don't have a clue. Theyre call centre workers not insurance professionals.

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

My insurance runs out on Tuesday. Received offer from current supplier. Went on price comparison sites (3 of them) and received loads of cheaper offers. 

I always shop around and check the detail of the offers. Opted for one that has lots of extras included which was £150 cheaper than my current one. 

The phone call to my current firm to cancel was as always interesting. They always give it the "oh but we can maybe offer you a better deal". My response is always a "no thank you" as my view is that they have already had their chance. 

Not happy with my present insurance on changng my address which i had to do

was charged 15 pounds, this is a rip off, no need for this charge, so they are getting binned.

Every year it goes up, again no loyalty to existing customers are these companies stupid knowing folk 

will leave on finding a cheaper quote.

8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Not happy with my present insurance on changng my address which i had to do

was charged 15 pounds, this is a rip off, no need for this charge, so they are getting binned.

Every year it goes up, again no loyalty to existing customers are these companies stupid knowing folk 

will leave on finding a cheaper quote.

It’s the folk that don’t bother looking for cheaper elsewhere that make it worthwhile for them. I recall older folk that ended up getting charged many thousands because they just let it auto renew. 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

It’s the folk that don’t bother looking for cheaper elsewhere that make it worthwhile for them. I recall older folk that ended up getting charged many thousands because they just let it auto renew. 

The companies should be ashamed of themselves.

I’m with quote me happy. Less than 2 years ago I got a new car. Went from an 11 year old car to 7 month old car. Did all the updates online,  no admin fees and my premium didn’t even increase. The next year my premium didn’t increase so stayed with them. Previously I was with admiral and every year my premium went up by a ridiculous amount, which they always reduced when I called but annoying it automatically went up so much. 

19 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I always give them one last chance. I will, of course, be armed with best price elsewhere, but before they go to "maybe get me a better deal" I tell them I expected better as a loyal customer and ask that they provide me with the absolute best price available from them WITH THE SAME COVERAGE.  Some insurers will be able to offer lower prices if there are some adjustments such as a higher excess but why do that if you don't need to.  If they haven't taken advantage of that extra chance they can go forth and multiply.

Carl Fredrickson
43 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I always give them one last chance. I will, of course, be armed with best price elsewhere, but before they go to "maybe get me a better deal" I tell them I expected better as a loyal customer and ask that they provide me with the absolute best price available from them WITH THE SAME COVERAGE.  Some insurers will be able to offer lower prices if there are some adjustments such as a higher excess but why do that if you don't need to.  If they haven't taken advantage of that extra chance they can go forth and multiply.

I used to do that but after 3 times of no better offer and a heck of a long time on the phone, my attitude changed to "you have had your chance" when they send the reminder. This years quote was £60 dearer with no chances in circumstances. The firm I went with was £100 cheaper than last years policy. TBH I cant be bothered with the phone calls to not renew. There should be an online method.

I recently canned BT TV and that phone call was long and drawn out. There comes a point where you have to ask them if they are listening to what you are saying. 

Broadband and landline was renewed last week and that too was far too long. 

Harry Potter
48 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Some wont budge an inch, so its goodbye to you, i never understand this, just greed in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Some wont budge an inch, so its goodbye to you, i never understand this, just greed in my opinion.

It worked for me last time (Aug 19) and I finished up paying the same as previously.  That was still about £8 dearer than a comparable quote but I couldn't be arsed making the change.

Ricardo Shillyshally
24 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

That's a good thing.it's the ones who will reduce who are being duplicitous

Edited by Ricardo Shillyshally

1 minute ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

That's a good thing.it's the ones who will reduce who are being duplicitous

That's true

Can you list the Insce companies who do not chance their arm.

Ricardo Shillyshally
41 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's true

Can you list the Insce companies who do not chance their arm.

It would probably be a very short list. The online insurance market is a cesspit. They are more IT firms than insurers.