Fraser wishart/the press and some ex player pundits

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

In a time of a national crisis where businesses are going bust in every industry and people are losing there jobs left , right and centre what makes them think football is any different ? 

Fraser wishart , stephen craigan, allan Preston and Michael stewart in particular are never slow to put the boot into Heart of Midlothian but why?

There's no football being played so no income coming in so where do we magic up money from ? Mrs Budge has done the correct thing by cutting wages to try safeguard the future of the football club and the quicker she bans these clowns from Tynecastle Park the better.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

In a time of a national crisis where businesses are going bust in every industry and people are losing there jobs left , right and centre what makes them think football is any different ? 

Fraser wishart , stephen craigan, allan Preston and Michael stewart in particular are never slow to put the boot into Heart of Midlothian but why?

There's no football being played so no income coming in so where do we magic up money from ? Mrs Budge has done the correct thing by cutting wages to try safeguard the future of the football club and the quicker she bans these clowns from Tynecastle Park the better.

Add Patullo to the list as well. His article in today’s Scotsman just proves he doesn’t listen, read or try to understand. He just spouts anti-Hearts nonsense. 
Mind you, ill-informed comments from Ian Murray just add fuel to the fire as well. Murray should know better. 

upgotheheads

Frankly I'm missing my family, barber, window cleaner, roofer, favourite brands of orange juice and cheese, and about100 other things more than I'm missing watching some of the players at Hearts just now. The aforementioned barber, window cleaner and roofer will be taking much more than a 50% hit to their incomes as well.

Wishart, Craigan, Preston and Stewart will all be picking up 100% of their salaries no doubt.

9 minutes ago, Papa John said:

Keeps the heat off Sevco.

Exactly.  That should be the big story in Scottish football but the media’s fear means it’s swept under the carpet 

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Frankly I'm missing my family, barber, window cleaner, roofer, favourite brands of orange juice and cheese, and about100 other things more than I'm missing watching some of the players at Hearts just now. The aforementioned barber, window cleaner and roofer will be taking much more than a 50% hit to their incomes as well.

Wishart, Craigan, Preston and Stewart will all be picking up 100% of their salaries no doubt.

Doubt it, at least two of them are self-employed no doubt. 

The main thing I find strange about this is people not understanding the potential financial disaster going on. There might be Government schemes helping wages but there is no income. What if that is for a year though 6 months would be enough. 

It shows people haven't realised the scale of what is happening. And also how certain people can't consider anything other than just what they know and have experienced.

Its different with Fraser Wishart. He has a role representing the players. On Sportsound last Saturday they tried really hard to get him to slate Budge and Hearts. But he didn't making only general comments. I still don't like him but he's got his job to do. Obviously he risks more job losses. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

My barber told him she is in deep shit in 3 weeks. Before they said they could get money in 10 weeks time. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The letter is open to interpretation no denying that. 

However there is an inherent bias towards our club manifesting itself in a rather ugly and unpalatable manner. 

The action taken has been made clear it was temporary and to protect lower paid workers. 

I therefore take it the unions and the media would rather see a cashier made redundant than a football player return his BMW

As much as a love my club, give and support the club, players/pundits need to waken up, and realise they are no different or hold no higher need to be different from the rest of us....they are employees at the end of the day like most of us...

Thats the stone cold reality and whilst a lot in society have had to take an unwarranted hit, they are no different..

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

As with most of the players despite not currently working.

While I understand that it is Wishart’s job to protect the players, it isn’t helpful for him / his union to make false statements saying what the clubs can or can’t do regarding reducing wages or redundancies.  It has already been proven that Article 12 gives clubs the power to do exactly this so why are they saying that clubs should not and cannot use this pandemic as an excuse to terminate contracts when quite clearly they can.

It would appear that many of our players are refusing to take the wage cut after advice from the SPFA.  It’s not helpful to the players if this is based on bad or false advice.  

For too long, players and their agents have held all the power.  In this occasion, thankfully, it is at least for a short while, back with the clubs.  

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Doubt it, at least two of them are self-employed no doubt. 

Why would that matter if they’re still working?

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

And those clowns also think that footballers, who are just employees of businesses, should be treated differently to the real workforce out there. You have to wonder why they are taking up this ridiculous stance, other than it being another chance to have a go at Hearts.

It makes no other sense, for them to be happy at the prospect of the other, far less well off, staff at football clubs to have their long term livelihoods put at risk so that the football staff can still take their full wage.

The office staff at football clubs won't lose 50% of their wages, due to the living wage condition. Maybe that's what is bothering them.

When clubs go bust, players move on, with their agents doing all the work for them. Ordinary workers have to take their chances with the real workers of this world.

Has anyone seen a direct, irrefutable, quote from any Hearts player saying that they're not going to cooperate with Hearts on this?

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

As much as a love my club, give and support the club, players/pundits need to waken up, and realise they are no different or hold no higher need to be different from the rest of us....they are employees at the end of the day like most of us...

Thats the stone cold reality and whilst a lot in society have had to take an unwarranted hit, they are no different..

A lot of journalists have been laid off. Anthony Brown at the Edinburgh Evening News. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The letter is open to interpretation no denying that. 

However there is an inherent bias towards our club manifesting itself in a rather ugly and unpalatable manner. 

The action taken has been made clear it was temporary and to protect lower paid workers. 

I therefore take it the unions and the media would rather see a cashier made redundant than a football player return his BMW

The SPFA would, yes, because they don’t look after the interests of the cashier.

As others have probably said Budge has acted early rather than sit about like a dingle waiting to see what happens.

All clubs will have to act, whether it’s mass redundancies, takeovers or similar moves to ours. None of it is good but the press whinging like little bitch teenagers is standard, the worrying thing is some of our fans actually agree with them. 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A lot of journalists have been laid off. Anthony Brown at the Edinburgh Evening News. 

Companies who were really struggling before this aren’t making it out the other end. Thankfully Johnston press was one of those companies. 

edit. Just realised it’s not Johnston press anymore 😂

Edited by GinRummy

14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

And those clowns also think that footballers, who are just employees of businesses, should be treated differently to the real workforce out there. You have to wonder why they are taking up this ridiculous stance, other than it being another chance to have a go at Hearts.

It makes no other sense, for them to be happy at the prospect of the other, far less well off, staff at football clubs to have their long term livelihoods put at risk so that the football staff can still take their full wage.

The office staff at football clubs won't lose 50% of their wages, due to the living wage condition. Maybe that's what is bothering them.

When clubs go bust, players move on, with their agents doing all the work for them. Ordinary workers have to take their chances with the real workers of this world.

Has anyone seen a direct, irrefutable, quote from any Hearts player saying that they're not going to cooperate with Hearts on this?

I haven't seen or heard of any. 

However Steven Naismith has said he is happy to take the hit. 

Clevid Dikamona had to issue a statement to contradict the press coverage which was designed to make it seem as if he was walking out on the club. 

As always with the media why let the facts get in the way of a good story. 

They are utter scumbags and rats. 

Other clubs will indeed have to take similar measures but by that time the mood will be to support and praise those clubs for their bravery,  honesty and integrity.    Plucky,   heroic clubs doing everything to keep people in jobs and stay afloat.    Don't bother looking out for any retrospective adjustment to how we're portrayed now.    There is a hundred different way for pundits to invent their own facts in order to show that we were big,  bad Hearts and others were whiter than white.

Ultimately Hearts may be relegated and still be able to survive.    Look out for a couple of more virtuous clubs suddenly falling into administration after they know they're playing in the Premiership next season.    Don't hold your breath waiting on pundits offering their expert opinions on that.

avhudtheteeshirt

I wonder how many players getting their salaries halved are taking home less than the governments offer of £2,500 a month?

The media and pundits need to take a good hard look at themselves, and should be applauding the offer not berating it!!!!

I wonder what their stance and viewpoint is on the German Clubs reactions to this. Players taking cuts to safeguard the employees of the club, the more wealthy clubs also putting money in for the 2 divisions to help their rivals.

Look at Aussie Rules and what their players are doing, Rugby Union and League.

We are in an economic crisis with people losing jobs and businesses going bust and all these former pros can do is stick the boot into a club they dislike with no quotes or facts to support their story all because we are trying to ensure people have a job at the end of this.

The media in Scotland love to put down our game instead of promote it, another reason we are so far behind other nations 

1 minute ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

I wonder how many players getting their salaries halved are taking home less than the governments offer of £2,500 a month?

The media and pundits need to take a good hard look at themselves, and should be applauding the offer not berating it!!!!

That's a great example of the media / pundits ignorance. People on here worked out in seconds that the £577 per week Government payment for employees wasn't going to help many Premiership players. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
59 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The SPFA would, yes, because they don’t look after the interests of the cashier.

Ordinarily I would agree but these are extraordinary times and require different thinking. 

The selfish I hope do not prosper 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ordinarily I would agree but these are extraordinary times and require different thinking. 

Tell that to Fraser Wishart but I doubt you will get through his sense of entitlement.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I agree with your sentiments but doubt your last sentence apart from Wishart the others will have their media work cut as there is no football.

They are still pricks though.

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly.  That should be the big story in Scottish football but the media’s fear means it’s swept under the carpet 

We've seen that before haven't we 

Maybe Alex Thomson will need to poke his nose north to shake up the sycophantic media up here 

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I would like to think this is true however more often than not it doesn't happen in  the UK. Think of Phillip Green etc

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

And again it's a bit premature to criticise Hearts. At some point many others will be making cuts. 

Surprised its not happened yet tbh 

Kidd’s Boots

I wonder how the Directors of the PFA Scotland board are handling the current situation with their staff. Wait a minute..... they don't have a board, they only have the bold Wishart and the even bolder Tony Higgins. I'm sure they do have administrative staff, maybe they are standing by them or maybe not, but whatever the stance I would not entrust my future to this pair of shady snake oil salesmen, as a member or employee of PFA Scotland. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The main thing I find strange about this is people not understanding the potential financial disaster going on. There might be Government schemes helping wages but there is no income. What if that is for a year though 6 months would be enough. 

It shows people haven't realised the scale of what is happening. And also how certain people can't consider anything other than just what they know and have experienced.

Its different with Fraser Wishart. He has a role representing the players. On Sportsound last Saturday they tried really hard to get him to slate Budge and Hearts. But he didn't making only general comments. I still don't like him but he's got his job to do. Obviously he risks more job losses. 

Wishart also said Hearts weren't only club taking these kind of steps . Comment which seemed to be ignored by everyone !?

His job is to protect his members . Not sure why you don't like him but he is a very genuine , decent guy .

Duno why Ann doesn't just add at the bottom of her statement that despite continuos warnings The. Sun ( Record and Hootsman if necessary ) has continued to write unsubstantiated garbage about the club and  we won't be having anymore dealings with them for the foreseeable future . 

I would advise any Hearts fan to ignore any article printed . 

manaliveits105

Spot on if we continue to allow all these clowns to kick us when we are down (we wont be) we look weak 

ban any paper with garbage printed and Stewart Craigen  and Preston are long due a ban - then who cares if they mouth off rubbish - its all they ever do .No need to listen to bbc or buy papers these days 

15 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Spot on if we continue to allow all these clowns to kick us when we are down (we wont be) we look weak 

ban any paper with garbage printed and Stewart Craigen  and Preston are long due a ban - then who cares if they mouth off rubbish - its all they ever do .No need to listen to bbc or buy papers these days 

Don't ban them just ridicule them by highlighting their nonsensical comments .

AB has done this with her statement .

Best not to be seen as petty . I think we need a media savvy person (no not Traynor) on board

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Since FW is the main man for the players Union, you would think that he would understand the stance taken by ALL other Unions in recognising the work to be done taking account of the bigger picture during Covid19. Yes there will be jobs lost, hopefully not too many, and given that Hearts are trying to adopt a survival plan for everyone associated, FW should be lending his support not levying criticism.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Permanently, or just until football returns?

3 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

We've seen that before haven't we 

Maybe Alex Thomson will need to poke his nose north to shake up the sycophantic media up here 

He has tried in the past, but with limited success. BBC are frightened of them now after 2012, ITV don’t have any decent journo’s and Sky just suck up to them.  Daily Ranger is in their pocket as is the Herald. Not much left. Michael Grant in the Times might be the last hope. 

It’s beyond belief that they are chasing Budge when one of the two giants of the game have just seen their Chairman and largest shareholder walk out on them. They also know that three months ago, prior to COVID 19, they had a £10m hole in the required cash funding to get to the end of this season. Has anyone asked Rangers how they are planning to fill the hole?  

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He has tried in the past, but with limited success. BBC are frightened of them now after 2012, ITV don’t have any decent journo’s and Sky just suck up to them.  Daily Ranger is in their pocket as is the Herald. Not much left. Michael Grant in the Times might be the last hope. 

It’s beyond belief that they are chasing Budge when one of the two giants of the game have just seen their Chairman and largest shareholder walk out on them. They also know that three months ago, prior to COVID 19, they had a £10m hole in the required cash funding to get to the end of this season. Has anyone asked Rangers how they are planning to fill the hole?  

The talk on Sportsound about Rangers was that their key people should put money in to keep things going. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The talk on Sportsound about Rangers was that their key people should put money in to keep things going. 

Just like Budge has said she is doing? 

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Don't ban them just ridicule them by highlighting their nonsensical comments .

AB has done this with her statement .

Best not to be seen as petty . I think we need a media savvy person (no not Traynor) on board

Charlie Mann? 🤷‍♂️

East Lothian Jambo
42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Its shocking. The Scottish media are pathetic as you rightly outline 

Rangers are the biggest story here. By a long way the biggest story. Nobody wants to upset the hoards or that prick Traynor 

Douglas Park will not be able to finance Rangers any further. He has already gone beyond what's possible. I believe that was the case months ago.  This will only have exacerbated the situation 

I'm sure Kris Boyd will be interviewed by Charles Paterson outside Ibrox later tonight giving a critically insightful and balanced appraisal of Rangers predicament 

We'll be fine through this. It will be tough but we'll be ok. We have a support who dig deep and have stood tall when required and will do so again 

Whether other clubs have that indefatigable resilience remains to be seen 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

MS , pointedly , lauding Douglas Park for what he was doing (not actually sure what that is ?) .

Haven't heard all the programme , any back pedalling by MS etc ?

Kidd’s Boots
2 hours ago, TWF said:

Since FW is the main man for the players Union, you would think that he would understand the stance taken by ALL other Unions in recognising the work to be done taking account of the bigger picture during Covid19. Yes there will be jobs lost, hopefully not too many, and given that Hearts are trying to adopt a survival plan for everyone associated, FW should be lending his support not levying criticism.

Completely agree. I have twice been involved with redundancies as a staff rep during consultation. I have witnessed how to do it and how not to do from the unions perspective, and I have to say FW is not representing his membership in a responsible manner in my opinion. This is not the time to be playing hardball to justify Union subscription, footballers will have their contracts terminated the same as employees of any other business. 

Jerah Jambo
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Charlie Mann? 🤷‍♂️

Gordon Waddell just lost his job at the Sunday Mail after 25years "surplus to requirements"

Bottom line is the that the future of the club comes first. The players have been awful this season and have got us close to relegation. If keeping the club going means they take a pay cut, then so be it. There’d be a bit more sympathy if we were further up the table. The chance of relegation will also be factored into the cost cutting. Again, the players and managers have put us in this position.