internet connection/lag

reaths17

the last 2 days I'm getting an average of 2.5mg connection with virgin internet, using 3 different speed tests, sometimes no connection at all. have checked the line with their help page and they say everything if super but it ****in ain't. anybody else having severely strangled internet.

was recently upgraded for free from 50gb to 100gb, their saying I'm due an upgrad to  hub3, will this be the problem ?

have ordered the new hub3, with things being as they are, this delivery isn't of great importance but I'm not sure I can stand 3months lockdown with an internet service that's from the 1980's

If you go on the virgin website and log into your account there is page where you can check for outstanding issues in your area. I’m on Virgin in EH4 and getting the full speed I pay for, and a bit extra as well. 

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Internet is being hit heavy ATM due to covid 19 and everyone being at home

That being the case why am I navigating The Shed faster now than a few weeks ago when everyone was experiencing issues?

:unsure:

People over Facebook celebrating Boris getting covid 19. Poor form IMO

Edit wrong thread 

Edited by AlimOzturk

I've done all the service checks, all come back as great, nowt to see here. I know its a busy time but all the companies have said to wouldn't be a problem as they're used to coping with heavy usage at busy times and don't see it being any heavier than those times.

I'm on my works network, which is also virgin media and there are no problems. my phone EE network is working fine but I've checked my wifi on that as well and its running very slow 4mg on the speed checks with that, so its not just the computer.

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

People over Facebook celebrating Boris getting covid 19. Poor form IMO

Edit wrong thread 

I don't like him however I would never gloat over him catching this infection, this seems typical of Facebook and which is why I will never join the social media platform. 

14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

That being the case why am I navigating The Shed faster now than a few weeks ago when everyone was experiencing issues?

:unsure:

Dunno weird one. Maybe the mods have changed something? 

Fyi my internet has been fine mostly but has went down a couple of times this morning

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Dunno weird one. Maybe the mods have changed something? 

Fyi my internet has been fine mostly but has went down a couple of times this morning

Mine has been too luckily. 

4 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

I've done all the service checks, all come back as great, nowt to see here. I know its a busy time but all the companies have said to wouldn't be a problem as they're used to coping with heavy usage at busy times and don't see it being any heavier than those times.

I'm on my works network, which is also virgin media and there are no problems. my phone EE network is working fine but I've checked my wifi on that as well and its running very slow 4mg on the speed checks with that, so its not just the computer.

If you haven't already tried this .... switch both router and mains plug off for a few minutes and reboot.

5 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

If you haven't already tried this .... switch both router and mains plug off for a few minutes and reboot.

done that on numerous occasions the last couple of days.

I’ve been genuinely surprised by the lack of internet issues the last 10 days working from home. There’s probably 25 in my team and the staff with issues are nearly always with Virgin.