Barnsley owner wants SPL club

Ex member of the SaS

Ex member of the SaS

Over on .net they are claiming Hearts have been approached, but as usual they forget we own the club and won't be selling anytime soon.

Think it would be a big mistake for any club to sign up to this ( even if the GFA allow someone to own two clubs ) 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18336157.barnsley-chief-hopes-takeover-cash-strapped-spfl-club/?ref=appshr

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Apparently St Johnstone are considering his £3.20 offer but hoping for £4.00 

Offered £16.90 for TRFC

8 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Over on .net they are claiming Hearts have been approached, but as usual they forget we own the club and won't be selling anytime soon.

Think it would be a big mistake for any club to sign up to this ( even if the GFA allow someone to own two clubs ) 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18336157.barnsley-chief-hopes-takeover-cash-strapped-spfl-club/?ref=appshr

Do we not own Hibs?😛

:fth:

upgotheheads

"We would look to bring the same methods we employ with our other clubs such as Barnsley - which is a young team, data-led, balancing a budget sensibly. We would look to run a club as a proper business. "

That is they would be looking to make themselves a handsome profit.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

"We would look to bring the same methods we employ with our other clubs such as Barnsley - which is a young team, data-led, balancing a budget sensibly. We would look to run a club as a proper business. "

That is they would be looking to make themselves a handsome profit.

In Scottish football :D 

In for a rude awakening. 

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

In Scottish football :D 

In for a rude awakening. 

Indeed, but "proper businesses" in that circumstance just go bust and the owners liquidate the assets and walk away.

4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Tread carefully would be my advice. Profit from developing players is the most important thing, not which league the club is in or the history behind it 

brunoatemyhamster

Motherwell. 

Total guess but have sellable players, decent size, good league position. Skint. 

If this guy thinks we are going to sell hibs to him, he can think again.  As someone above astutely points out, we own them and have done so for around 140 years and they are not for sale at any price.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Maybe this is the “difficult decision” wee Ron Gordon was referring to? 🤔

Probably yes. Things are not good down Easter Road way 

Edited by rudi must stay

JamboAndrew
11 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Indeed, but "proper businesses" in that circumstance just go bust and the owners liquidate the assets and walk away.

The Rangers it is then. The fans can show them how to do the waking away bit as well.

15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Do we not own Hibs?😛

:fth:

We do, but much like Ron Gordon, we have no affection for them. I vote we flog them to these charlatans.

Has to be Hibs, fast buck for Pony up Ron on a short venture and he already knows the fans are not willing to support (sorry pay)for his ideas. Fans not capable of fan ownership and happy to have other people pump money in to their team.

16 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Absolute jobbies. 

Nobody will be approaching anybody about anything with what's going on right now. 

Wrong mate. It's bargain shopping while clubs are struggling with the world wide pox..... 

The man is a vulture. I wouldn't touch any offer from him with a shitty stick. Fortunately we are in good hands and in a reasonably good place. There are others out there though that would jump at his offer. He'll mend them if they do.

9 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah it's more likely Hibs would do a deal with them or Rangers.

As a soon to be completely fan owned club, and with someone currently at the helm who will not deviate from that course, we are thankfully “in a better place than others” to avoid these sort of scavengers. Some other Scottish clubs would have “difficult decisions” to make, should they turn up at their door. 😎

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

jambo-in-furness

Ann Budge has confirmed that she has been approached and rejected an offer from this guy that owns Barnsley FC,  she informed the board of this when it happened,  at least she has been honest about it,  now then,  over to our city “rivals” owner Ron,  has he been approached ? I wonder, and if not, why not?

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Ann Budge has confirmed that she has been approached and rejected an offer from this guy that owns Barnsley FC,  she informed the board of this when it happened,  at least she has been honest about it,  now then,  over to our city “rivals” owner Ron,  has he been approached ? I wonder, and if not, why not?

Did this not happen last year or the year before? I seem to remember Ann saying someone had approached and been turned away. Is this a new story or just one rehashed from before due to Ann cutting wages and the media looking to stir it.

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Did this not happen last year or the year before? I seem to remember Ann saying someone had approached and been turned away. Is this a new story or just one rehashed from before due to Ann cutting wages and the media looking to stir it.

New story

24 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The story was about Ron Gordon I think.  Soon after, he took over Hibs.  Same could happen again.  Gordo deals in consortiums and Barnsley also do the consortium buisness.  They might do a deal to decide who gets the Rump and who gets the Sirloin type deal.  Obviously Gordo would want the Sirloin.  Although I think maybe the barnsley bunch want the whole thing.  

The Barnsley owner lost a manager to us.

He is trying to say we will buy a Scottish club to get some face back and make out Barnsley are a big club

I am sure the Barnsley fans would rather he spent any money he has on them rather than a Scottish side.

52 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

The Barnsley owner lost a manager to us.

He is trying to say we will buy a Scottish club to get some face back and make out Barnsley are a big club

I am sure the Barnsley fans would rather he spent any money he has on them rather than a Scottish side.

The blokes a billionaire, and he’s not spent a penny of his own money nor will he, if he bought Hearts he wouldn’t spend anything on them ether, it’s all about buying cheap players coaching them into better players and selling for a profit. 

I would wet myself if it were our neighbours. Interesting comment from Ron, pre pairing them for bad news.

48 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

The blokes a billionaire, and he’s not spent a penny of his own money nor will he, if he bought Hearts he wouldn’t spend anything on them ether, it’s all about buying cheap players coaching them into better players and selling for a profit. 

Not so long ago a certain club used this sort of idea but with young players brought through the ranks. I wonder what ever happened to that "5 year master plan" and where they are now?

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

The story was about Ron Gordon I think.  Soon after, he took over Hibs.  Same could happen again.  Gordo deals in consortiums and Barnsley also do the consortium buisness.  They might do a deal to decide who gets the Rump and who gets the Sirloin type deal.  Obviously Gordo would want the Sirloin.  Although I think maybe the barnsley bunch want the whole thing.  

Yes I remember now it was Gordon that approached Ann. No way should we allow these money grabbers anywhere near Hearts. Asset strippers of the worst kind, making out they will improve the club but all the time take take take

10 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Not so long ago a certain club used this sort of idea but with young players brought through the ranks. I wonder what ever happened to that "5 year master plan" and where they are now?

It can work, Brentford are doing it perfectly, but they are investing lots of money backing to the club. 

black stump

We can't be sold, we,  the fans own the club and it ain't happening. 

At least as soon as Ann hands over the shares, that is...

Psychedelicropcircle

Not lost on me that the target was two fan owned clubs. 

Fans seen seen as soft touch.

Greedy Jambo
9 hours ago, Section Q said:

Wrong mate. It's bargain shopping while clubs are struggling with the world wide pox..... 

Aye, good point. 

Chancers.