Ann Budge Statement

kila

34 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Next Ann needs to serve them nuts and bananas like what Vlad did. 

:spoton:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McCrae

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Siege mentality please, get them banned.

Exactly what used to happen. Now you have some Hearts supporters falling over each other to join in.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Exactly what used to happen. Now you have some Hearts supporters falling over each other to join in.

We've always been at our best when the fans and players have had a siege mentality.

Rangers have banned the BBC, do you notice any real difference? No after match interview on sportscene or radio interviews, hardly a big deal.

I'll hardly be falling over myself to read The Sun's player ratings or ex player columns. Pro's outweighs the zero negatives, get them banned.

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Do you have a year's cash balance to meet unforeseen (and lasting) circumstances?

If not, why don't you practise what you preach?

What has my position got to do with Hearts?  

Why do you think it is so wrong to argue that the club should have more cash in the bank?  We don’t need to spend all our income and could still be competitive even if we built up £1 million quid a year in reserves. 

The long term survival of our club should be everyone’s priority. Having 2-3 months of cash in the bank is a risky strategy. We don’t need to take this risk. It would be understandable if we our income was low, it’s not. We are simply spending too much.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We've always been at our best when the fans and players have had a siege mentality.

Rangers have banned the BBC, do you notice any real difference? No after match interview on sportscene or radio interviews, hardly a big deal.

I'll hardly be falling over myself to read The Sun's player ratings or ex player columns. Pro's outweighs the zero negatives, get them banned.

I completely agree with you. I would ban them. Unfortunately too many Hearts supporters prefer to side with anyone who sticks the boot in these days.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Why do you think it is so wrong to argue that the club should have more cash in the bank?  We don’t need to spend all our income and could still be competitive even if we built up £1 million quid a year in reserves. 

The long term survival of our club should be everyone’s priority. Having 2-3 months of cash in the bank is a risky strategy. We don’t need to take this risk. It would be understandable if we our income was low, it’s not. We are simply spending too much.

I would call you a ***** but I find them useful.

10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It is a parallel.  If a similar fate struck you, without any outside help, would you be able to last a year and pay your bills?

Quite simpe really.  YES or NO? 

Could you even last 3 months as we appear able to do?  YES or NO?

Can we assume you are not a Company Accountant?

Edited by JamboAl

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Laced with anthrax.

Neverforgetfiveone
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Certainly not as extreme for obvious reasons but as in Liverpool - 

DON’T BUY THE SUN!!

Cant even give that rag away down there! We should all do the same! 

3 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

DON’T BUY THE SUN!!

Agree, I've not bought that rag in years. It pains me knowing that some Hearts fans still buy it and that other rag the Daily Hun.

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Laced with anthrax.

How are you keeping? Was starting to get a bit worried. I imagine your job throws up a few complications, right now? 😬

Punks No Deid
13 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

DON’T BUY THE SUN!!

I'm deffo on this page

51 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’ve always thought it a bit petty the way Rangers have acted with the BBC.  But I do now think Hearts should take a stand and possibly not allow entry to Tynecastle for certain reporters working for the BBC, due to them making a living peddling lies about our club. 

Harry Potter
Just now, stevie1874 said:

I’ve always thought it a bit petty the way Rangers have acted with the BBC.  But I do now think Hearts should take a stand and possibly not allow entry to Tynecastle for certain reporters working for the BBC, due to them making a living peddling lies about our club. 

Certain reporters, ban the lot.

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

I think Rangers actually banned one reporter and then the BBC pulled out. Could be wrong though.

Anyway, I’d be banning the Sun.

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

How are you keeping? Was starting to get a bit worried. I imagine your job throws up a few complications, right now? 😬

I'm good mate, ta. Managed to sneak back into the UK just in time. A lot of the guys still at sea are looking at months onboard. Vessels are struggling to find ports to take them alongside for crew changes and even then there are no flights and borders are closed Grim.

Everyone in my household was choked up with the cold for a couple of weeks but we're on the mend now. Will be working from home for the next couple of months at least.

Nice to see most of the usual losers still posting pish on here. :)

Hope all is god with you and yours. 👍

2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

There are some on JKB who will say AB is doing a great job regardless of our financial or league position. For the hard of thinking, both are connected.

You are referring to people as hard of thinking !

The person who thinks AB is promoting 'negative vibes' during this crisis .

You really need to stop 

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm good mate, ta. Managed to sneak back into the UK just in time. A lot of the guys still at sea are looking at months onboard. Vessels are struggling to find ports to take them alongside for crew changes and even then there are no flights and borders are closed Grim.

Everyone in my household was choked up with the cold for a couple of weeks but we're on the mend now. Will be working from home for the next couple of months at least.

Nice to see most of the usual losers still posting pish on here. :)

Hope all is god with you and yours. 👍

Heavenly. :lol:

Aye, Neva had a temperature and a cough a week ago so we were shitting bricks and had/have to self isolate for two weeks. 😬

She’s fine now, but we’ve already missed my Mum’s (severely Ill) birthday, and Neva’s fifth is on the 14th April. Had to cancel her party, which isn’t an easy thing to tell a 4/5!year old.

Anyway, glad everyone is alright. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Never heard that saying for a while, but you are so correct.

57 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Victor Meldrew type response. What a strange individual you are.  How on earth you can get upset by someone arguing that we should reduce the risk to our clubs future by saving more is weird.  We could easily afford to do it.  

Edited by McCrae

Nookie Bear
25 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Certain reporters, ban the lot.

At least make them pay premium prices for their seats, otherwise give those seats away to more deserving members of society

John Findlay
23 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Victor Meldrew type response. What a strange individual you are.  How on earth you can get upset by someone arguing that we should reduce the risk to our clubs future by saving more is weird.  We could easily afford to do it.  

Arithmetic was never your strong point I see. So for us less intellectual than your goodself, give us your business plan for both the MacCrae household and Heart of Midlothian Football Club for the next 12 months as its easily affordable to do.

Edited by John Findlay

28 minutes ago, McCrae said:

But we have reduced the risk.

We have gone form the Romanov days of minus funds to having 2-3 months cash available.  Rome was not built in a day.

Anyhow I'll leave you to answer John Findlay's question about your art of good housekeeping so that we can all learn something fiscally useful.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

🤦‍♂️ I was referring to standards of behaviour and conduct  ....... 

I thought you might be. But the idea that the Neanderthal OF lap dog pundits Ann is having a go at would be jealous of high standards of behaviour seemed a bit of a stretch. I know what really gets their goats is any risk to the OF on the pitch

I am glad we behave well but I am afraid I would swap good behaviour to an extent at least for more league points.

PS but while we are on about high standards an explanation of the process by which Ann came to award a £10m contract to fit out the new stand to her brother's small joinery business would be interesting.

Edited by Francis Albert

Harry Potter
48 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

At least make them pay premium prices for their seats, otherwise give those seats away to more deserving members of society

👍

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Biscuits Preston should hang his fekin head in shame. Hearts fan my arse. Sold the jersey big time.

As far as I’m concerned he’s as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit now. Disgrace

Agreed on the last sentence. But I am not sure he can "sell the jersey" in a BBC studio. The pundits jerseys are now the BBC microphones and the colours of the teams most of their audience support ie the OF.

Fortunately I never read the Sun or Record sports pages and only listen to Sportsound for match commentary when Hearts TV audio is down (and even then revert to the JKB match thread if it gets too bad)  so I am unaffected personally by all the output of all these idiots. A course I recommend.

And banning them from Tynie would achieve whatnexactly? Other than make Hearts look petty. 

pettigrewsstylist

Craigan....every time i see his mush inside Tynecastle.....model example of self control.

Happy to see the temptation removed.

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Craigan....every time i see his mush inside Tynecastle.....model example of self control.

Happy to see the temptation removed.

He loves us NOT, everytime hes on a panel at a hearts game he rips in to us, 

what is his problem, needs to grow up.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

We should show him some Gorgie aggro Harold.

Boys a twat

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Agree, I've not bought that rag in years. It pains me knowing that some Hearts fans still buy it and that other rag the Daily Hun.

...and that they are stupid enough to believe what they read and then profligate the propaganda by coming onto JKB and post it. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Don't think BT have been too bad for us ovrall, although i maintain they helped us get stitched up over the Neil Lennon coin incident by not showing footage of the coin hitting his chest.

ahhhh - thank you kickback. this thread has thoroughly entertained me for the last 20 minutes.

FWIW I've calculated it would take me approximately 20 years to have a years salary in my reserves. That includes belt tightening measures such as cancelling holidays abroad and just running one car instead of two.

Thank the lord Budge is at the helm. We still have - and will continue to have - a club to moan and whinge about for the foreseeable. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Don't know your financial circumstances and won't ask,but would ask this:

How much have you in reserve and how many months of no income could you personally stand?

Many people and companies live hand to mouth so for a business with overheads like Hearts it's understandable we don't keep huge amounts in the bank. IF we had huge amounts in reserve how many on here would be crying out for Stednel to get hold of it for better players? It wouldn't last long.

No one or business saw this coming and had it not come we would not be moaning about how much was in the bank.

Was a solid statement setting the record straight. Not a huge fan of Ann Budges recent running of the club but fully backed her decision about asking staff to take a paycut, and all the reasons she has put forward in her statement. 

I wouldn't ban The Sun/BBC/etc. When I did the War of 2 Halves show it was the Friday night before the Rangers game a couple of years ago, and when we were in the Main Stand we walked past all the media seats. I noticed the BBC, Sun and Daily Record were all sat in pretty decent seats and thought that if I owned the club they would be sat right down the front where there is no roof and leave them open to the Scottish elements. Let them come along so we adhere to our media requirements, but treat them like shit when they are at the ground. Sure I read that Mercer was a bit of a dab hand at dealing with the media like that. 

38 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

ahhhh - thank you kickback. this thread has thoroughly entertained me for the last 20 minutes.

FWIW I've calculated it would take me approximately 20 years to have a years salary in my reserves. That includes belt tightening measures such as cancelling holidays abroad and just running one car instead of two.

Thank the lord Budge is at the helm. We still have - and will continue to have - a club to moan and whinge about for the foreseeable. 

I have just read the 1st chapter of McCrae Economics and I can tell you that if you didn't have 2 cars or take holidays abroad in the past. you might have been better prepared for this unique crisis.  You should have known this day was coming.  LOL

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Last Laugh is having a nightmare 🤦🏼‍♂️

Every single post that it makes is a shitemare of a post. 

13 hours ago, McCrae said:

What is the alternative if you want to have a stable club? This could be done easily over a 3-5 year period. Once we have built up some cash we can increase the player budget.

Like every other stable business we have cash reserves to last us up to 3 months (the amount advised by every accountant and auditor) of not having any income, the issue here is that we may have to go longer than 3 months without income so we have taken steps to ensure that the 3 month cash reserve can last longer, not exactly rocket science!

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Arithmetic was never your strong point I see. So for us less intellectual than your goodself, give us your business plan for both the MacCrae household and Heart of Midlothian Football Club for the next 12 months as its easily affordable to do.

Micawberism: "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

55 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have just read the 1st chapter of McCrae Economics and I can tell you that if you didn't have 2 cars or take holidays abroad in the past. you might have been better prepared for this unique crisis.  You should have known this day was coming.  LOL

yeap. sacrificing 20 years of nice to have's so that by the time I'm retired I have a bucket load of money that I can't actually spend because I'm an OAP and quite possibly sat in my own pish not knowing what day of the week it is.

I don't recall my own dad setting aside a years worth of cash. or his dad. or his dad. etc etc.. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Every single post that it makes is a shitemare of a post. 

Ouch :lol: 

shitemare :lol: 

it :lol: 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Absolutely, the difference would be that the BBC would stick it to us even more. Look at how they dealt with Stewart after he rightly slated Traynor, compared to the character assassination of Macphee ( rightly or wrongly).

43 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

yeap. sacrificing 20 years of nice to have's so that by the time I'm retired I have a bucket load of money that I can't actually spend because I'm an OAP and quite possibly sat in my own pish not knowing what day of the week it is.

I don't recall my own dad setting aside a years worth of cash. or his dad. or his dad. etc etc.. 

Wonder how the Credit Score companies are handling the Pandemic, and how it impacts on each and everyone of us in the future. Insurance companies have been caught out once again with not recognising claims caused by Pandemic. Finally, what's Russia up to in all of this - 2 deaths and 640 positive tests -- AYE RIGHT

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Patrick Thistle have announced they are keeping all staff on full pay until the end of the season.

When will that be?