Ann Budge Statement

kila

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Are we? Some might say that AB is panicking because we are in deep shit. So who’s right? . I would be more comfortable if she kept her mouth shut, instead of fuelling negative vibes.

You're not the sharpest tool in the box are you?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McCrae

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

The likes of McManus and Boyd won't read this in its entirity. They'll skim the headlines and then be given column inches in rebuttle.

And I guess that's Ann's point. Ill informed pundits get too much air in Scotland and then all the mouthbreathers, including our own, jump on their bile and it surely becomes fact.

There are decent journos up here who cover our game, bring us news, who have good relationships with our clubs and are good at digging around in football rumour.

Those paid to give opinion are almost exclusively a joke. Only English springs to mind as worth paper. Of the ex player brigade, well, no-one we hear from regularly. Didn't mind Pat Nevin, and pains me to say it, but Strachan at least tends not to tow the line and occasionally nails it.

Great post.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Fair enough but there are only 8 players out of contract in June. Don’t get me wrong, we’ll survive and possibly even come out stronger than a lot of clubs, partly because we’ve got a fan base that pitches in like no other club in the country has, but this will have a massive impact, even if we get full government help, which might not be as straightforward as it first appeared. Really important that we get to stay in the top league IMO

Think there’s a lot more than 8 if younger players, previous management team and loan cancellations are taken into account. Agree re top league. 

Edited by soonbe110

9 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Are we? Some might say that AB is panicking because we are in deep shit. So who’s right? . I would be more comfortable if she kept her mouth shut, instead of fuelling negative vibes.

What a thoroughly bizarre post. She’s just laid out our position in about as clear and understandable a manner as someone could without breaking out puppets and crayons. She isn’t fuelling anything, she’s correcting the torrent of manure that has been flowing in our direction from the media. A torrent that a few of our own supporters were quite happy to jump on and try and surf to the doors of Tynecastle. Do you honestly have a decision to make when your choices of who to trust are our Chairman, FoH and the players, or Kris Boyd, Tam McManus, Allan ****ing Preston, Mickey Stewart and the ******* Sun? 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

You do realise it IS a crises situation though right?     I'd love her to tell us that everything is rosy, and give us a warm gooey feeling.  It's a very good statement, treating us as adults. Knowing that the majority of supports will 'get it' and respect her realistic outlook and communication.    We'll done to her I reckon.    

Edited by Gmcjambo

These stresses are being played out across football, Scottish, British, European etc......

There is a genuine fear,.   When one or a few clubs are "struggling" its dawning on the players that this is worldwide....  Not just one league in one country. 

Ann Budge is only saying what a lot of us are thinking...

At a time when even the Airways industry is in danger of collapsing, "everything is really in the air" who knows what, and who will be around this time next year...

AB statement clear concise and to the point.

Real dig at the media who most can second guess who they are.

These are not times for criticism these are times to all pull as one.

I think majority of Hearts fans are behind her on this one.

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

of course she should have seen it coming. According to those with agendas (including arsehole has-been pundits)

The same people would be hammering her if we had a nest egg of £5m in the bank for not spunking it on players. Kind of sums these folk up.

Yup.

Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Some posters on here seem to think the club can do no right.

Funny dat.

6 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

You do realise it IS a crises situation though right?     I'd love her to tell us that everything is rosy, and give us a warm gooey feeling.  It's a very good statement, treating us as adults. Knowing that the majority of supports will 'get it' and respect her realistic outlook and communication.    We'll done to her I reckon.    

9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What a thoroughly bizarre post. She’s just laid out our position in about as clear and understandable a manner as someone could without breaking out puppets and crayons. She isn’t fuelling anything, she’s correcting the torrent of manure that has been flowing in our direction from the media. A torrent that a few of our own supporters were quite happy to jump on and try and surf to the doors of Tynecastle. Do you honestly have a decision to make when your choices of who to trust are our Chairman, FoH and the players, or Kris Boyd, Tam McManus, Allan ****ing Preston, Mickey Stewart and the ******* Sun? 🤷‍♂️

How predictable. The AB can’t do anything wrong are quick to pounce. Of course I’m wrong as she’s doing a great job. So no problem with our finances and  our league position is great.

14 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

How predictable. The AB can’t do anything wrong are quick to pounce. Of course I’m wrong as she’s doing a great job. So no problem with our finances and  our league position is great.

Must have missed the bit where I gave my view on our league position or the running of our club.  You don't know what my opinion is.  You gave a view on her statement.  So did I. 

Edited by Gmcjambo

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Re-assurance comes from - 

she identified the risk and acted quickly

we have no external debt

players and staff understand the situation and are generally buying in to it

they are pursuing all the possible govt schemes for funding

she is being realistic re timescales

she plans to put season tickets on sale as soon as possible

What else would you have done in her situation?  What other re-assurance would you like? 

There is no more Ann Budge could've done. We are all pissed off at on field performance but this is separate to that. We would've faced these issues regardless of where we were in the league 

I don't like discussing Kris Boyd because I despised him as a player. I know from a very good source that he indulged in the marching powder in his Rangers days. A terrible trainer and all round arsehole. A big success in England and Turkey before going back to Killie who were rewarded with a girfuy when he dropped his pants did the Huns only to fail spectacularly and scurry back to Kilmarnock 

His move into the media is quite frankly one of the most absurd things I've seen in a long time. The clown is barely literate.  Watching him on the Sky Debate show would make your toes curl. Billy Brown was spot on when he said he was thick 

The only person who repeatedly refers to Michael Stewart being articulate and insightful is Michael Stewart 

It certainly passes the time during this lock down to play spot the hibscum on these threads who are trying frantically to lower jambo morale during this trying time, I suppose they will be the same ones who sent their frantic e mails following the post Romanov dark days. Won't they ever learn, we are better than them, always have been, always will be, let's get these season tickets bought as soon as, forget about demanding refunds for this season every pound matters just now. Hearts fans have always been happy to dig deep to help the club, I wonder in the next couple of weeks when the Hibs management put out an appeal to their fans to back the club financially, the future for Easter Road will be seats, seats, empty empty seats.

2 hours ago, McCrae said:

Not at all. You haven’t followed the thread. 

In summary.

We are spending too much, we will always be a risk of failure unless we can build up our cash reserves. We should be able to do this and still do well in the Scottish league. 

The average weekly wage is over £500 per week.

If we translate your theory to ordinary households, every householder should have a cash reserve of £25k. How many on here do you think have that much cash on hand?

34 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Try separating both.  It might do you the power of good. 

gowestjambo
2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

No i think people are happy for the clarity of our current financial position.

I dont have to forget the shit performances but the immediate priority is getting through this.

When appraising any CEO's role, there is little point in praising her for a statement which is insignificant considering the overall role of a CEO.

For some on here, her Queen Ann title has been restored. Its a pity we have heard nothing for the last few months regarding her leadership of the Football Department. Some people seem happy to lap up the crumbs she has recently thrown.

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

When appraising any CEO's role, there is little point in praising her for a statement which is insignificant considering the overall role of a CEO.

For some on here, her Queen Ann title has been restored. Its a pity we have heard nothing for the last few months regarding her leadership of the Football Department. Some people seem happy to lap up the crumbs she has recently thrown.

As with another poster try and separate the immediate issue with the others.

Most wanted clarity on our Immediate financial issues and that has been given.

The question wasnt how she has done over the last 12months and our league position.

Just cause people are happy for the clarity doesnt mean that makes up for the rest.

4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Well that buggers up the title of this thread then. 😂

Edited by Gmcjambo

5 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

And some are undoubtedly happy to moan whatever the Club does.  Balance at times would be good wouldn’t it? 

Pasquale for King

Just read Rob Gordon’s statement, didn't take him long to learn about subtle digs at us. Bitter Hibs class already.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Glencoejambo
50 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

There is no more Ann Budge could've done. We are all pissed off at on field performance but this is separate to that. We would've faced these issues regardless of where we were in the league 

I don't like discussing Kris Boyd because I despised him as a player. I know from a very good source that he indulged in the marching powder in his Rangers days. A terrible trainer and all round arsehole. A big success in England and Turkey before going back to Killie who were rewarded with a girfuy when he dropped his pants did the Huns only to fail spectacularly and scurry back to Kilmarnock 

His move into the media is quite frankly one of the most absurd things I've seen in a long time. The clown is barely literate.  Watching him on the Sky Debate show would make your toes curl. Billy Brown was spot on when he said he was thick 

The only person who repeatedly refers to Michael Stewart being articulate and insightful is Michael Stewart 

Pretty accurate assessment!!

gowestjambo
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

At the moment the survival of the club as a business is the most important thing, for me anyway.  

There is no argument over your point. However, the CEO is responsible for all aspects of any company's performance. To lap up a dig at pundits to appease the happy clapper brigade in our support, without due consideration of her overall abysmal leadership of the Football team is meaningless.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just read Rob Gordon’s statement, didn't take him long to learn about subtle digs at us. Bitter Hibs class already.

Cant find this. Do you have a link?

East Lothian Jambo
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure he said anything that is worth getting upset about? 

Seemed focused on his own club. Every club has varying degrees of challenge in present climate

Dave King comments are eagerly anticipated 

gorgie rd eh11
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He says hibs are under "severe strain" and "threat". "Difficult decisions will be made".They must be living outwith their means according to the windbags criticising Hearts. Some people are going to look awfully stupid over the coming months.

Not just the rent-a-gobs but the gullible people who backed them.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Not sure he said anything that is worth getting upset about? 

Seemed focused on his own club. Every club has varying degrees of challenge in present climate

Dave King comments are eagerly anticipated 

I wasn’t upset, just picked up on the “others clubs problems” bit. Maybe he meant Barca or Bayern 😜.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

He says hibs are under "severe strain" and "threat". "Difficult decisions will be made".They must be living outwith their means according to the windbags criticising Hearts. Some people are going to look awfully stupid over the coming months.

Not just the rent-a-gobs but the gullible people who backed them.

Definitely, and Budge will look ahead of the game.

29 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

There is no argument over your point. However, the CEO is responsible for all aspects of any company's performance. To lap up a dig at pundits to appease the happy clapper brigade in our support, without due consideration of her overall abysmal leadership of the Football team is meaningless.

She isn’t responsible for leadership of the football team . By her own admission and we all accepted it at the time, she didn’t know the first thing about leading a football department and appointed someone to do that. The biggest mistake, in fact the only really big mistake she has made since she was in charge of the club was keeping the head of the football department in place for too long.

as far as the financial position of the club is concerned, apart from the overrun on the new stand, which she has covered most of, either herself or by persuading benefactors, she hasn’t put a foot wrong and I fully expect us to come out the other side if this more or less intact, albeit not in as good a position as we might have been had it not been for Covid-19

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

The average weekly wage is over £500 per week.

If we translate your theory to ordinary households, every householder should have a cash reserve of £25k. How many on here do you think have that much cash on hand?

What is the alternative if you want to have a stable club? This could be done easily over a 3-5 year period. Once we have built up some cash we can increase the player budget.

HeartsInMyBlood
10 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Well that was a statement. No punches pulled and we have a clear strategy to help cope and we were miles ahead of anyone else by all accounts. 
Yes Ann can be critiqued for putting to much faith in Levein but she certainly can’t be criticised for being a very proactive owner and business woman. These half brained journalists have no idea how to run a successful business they are only shit stirring arseholes out to grab cheap headlines and satisfy the hatred of all things Hearts. 

"Journalists".....ha ha nearly choked on my quinoa there.  McManus, Stewart, Boyd. All 3 have massive chips on their shoulders and are openly hostile to Hearts. It's funny how the weegie media hate us so much. I'm all for promoting the game but coming round to the idea that banning the Scum, Daily Ranger and the Herald wouldn't be a bad thing. Sevco get away with not having a relationship with the BBC so I don't see how we wpuld breaking any media rules?

Edited by HeartsInMyBlood

HeartsInMyBlood
35 minutes ago, Glencoejambo said:

Pretty accurate assessment!!

That is spot on. How Boyd (and Andy Walker and Davie Provan) got anywhere near a microphone is beyond me. Populist choices.

Tbf Sportsound just as guilty with Miller, Ferguson and the absolutely honking "Biscuits"

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, HeartsInMyBlood said:

That is spot on. How Boyd (and Andy Walker and Davie Provan) got anywhere near a microphone is beyond me. Populist choices.

Tbf Sportsound just as guilty with Miller, Ferguson and the absolutely honking "Biscuits"

Sportsound needs gutted. Richard Gordon ("Rich" as that wee ***** Billy Dodds likes to call him) and his merry gang of illiterate simpletons are a ****ing disgrace. How Derek Ferguson got a gig I'll never know. His match reports are written for him ffs!! 

Bonner has replaced Murder MacLeod insofar as he only covers Celtic and hasn't got the slightest clue who is playing for opposition 

We pay the Licence fee to be subjected to that shite 

34 minutes ago, Barack said:

I suppose being self-isolated, will naturally lead to more exposure to ****wittery.

:isee:

Good statement from Ann. 

She will have learned alot from this season I'm sure, no doubt shes astute businesswoman, her downfall has been not factoring in the emotion level of football.  Stakeholders in a typical Mon-Fri business will accept a year of poor performance with the right assurances, however in football you cant get away with it, and need to make decisions quicker and deviate from plans quicker if not working.

I’ve said this on here before but just wanted to share where I am. Any decision taken, good or bad, that secures the future of our club, I am behind. After the dust has settled and we know we are safe, then we can start arguing about how the business side of Hearts is run. I for one am happy we have Budge. Yes she’s made a massive error in the football side of things but she is working to sort that. She is also spot on to say she isn’t waiting for a miracle so has acted first and with our best interests at heart.

With no football, there is no need for pundits. McManus, Stewart and the likes have to say controversial things or have to say something otherwise what’s the point in them. Look at sky sports just now. There is literally NOTHING happening in the world of sport yet they are still broadcasting 24/7 making up stories and “interest” in transfer rumours for a transfer window that may not even happen. We live in a 24 hour a day news culture. People like McManus need to start relevant. Pay not attention to what they say. 

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

A glance at the league table would surely cure any jealousy of the high standards we live by . 

🤦‍♂️ I was referring to standards of behaviour and conduct  ....... 

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That's the kind of arrogant shite that gets pinned to dressing room walls before we get our arses felt by the likes of St Johnstone and Hamilton.

We are no better than any other club*

And you can stick your British League.

*except celtic and rangers, who are, indeed, vermin

It’s my opinion Hearts standards (behaviour, conduct, corporate governance, shirt sponsors, community involvement, FOH  etc) are as good and probably better than any other club in Scotland ..... certainly significantly better than ‘scummy’ clubs like Rangers / Sevco, and the current gambling riddled Hamilton and several others. You think Hearts do not have higher standards than others (except Celtic & Rangers) that’s your opinion (to which your entitled), however I disagree!!

PS we are talking about boardrooms NOT dressing rooms

Edited by Jambo-Fox

davemclaren
1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

I think she is trying to explain her actions, which received a lot of criticism from those pundits, to try and mitigate an existential threat. Hopefully more than just  ‘happy clappers’ will welcome that. Once we’ve get through that we can, and should, focus on the the other aspects of her leadership. 

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

What is the alternative if you want to have a stable club? This could be done easily over a 3-5 year period. Once we have built up some cash we can increase the player budget.

Do you have a year's cash balance to meet unforeseen (and lasting) circumstances?

If not, why don't you practise what you preach?

3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Negative vibes !

Are you fekkin serious ?

Perhaps you've not checked the news recently .

Fmg

Holyrood_Hearts
5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

So in general, everyone who has a point of view you disagree with or isn’t completely pro hearts is a shit pundit/journo? 

What the **** you on about? 

Maybe the I'll informed journalists she refers to are unaware that we are in the teeth of a global pandemic.  NZ has completely shut down it's tourism and hospitality industries.  Sport is the last thing on anybody's mind.  And that's with a death toll of 0.

Now I can listen to Ann Budge, or virus experts or McManus for informed comment.

Tough one that.

Well done AB. We’ve grasped the bull by the horns and taken some measures to protect the clubs employees, and our overall future.

To those levelling criticism at her door in relation to this statement, GTF 💦

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Maybe the I'll informed journalists she refers to are unaware that we are in the teeth of a global pandemic. 

There are some on JKB who will say AB is doing a great job regardless of our financial or league position. For the hard of thinking, both are connected.

Biscuits Preston should hang his fekin head in shame. Hearts fan my arse. Sold the jersey big time.

As far as I’m concerned he’s as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit now. Disgrace

10 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

What a sad Post. Thankfully the vast majority of Hearts fans agree with what was in the announcement, which has nothing at all to do with our current league position or form. 

18 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Superb statement rightly putting the boot into that scum rag The Sun. 

Next Ann needs to serve them nuts and bananas like what Vlad did. 

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It’s my opinion Hearts standards (behaviour, conduct, corporate governance, shirt sponsors, community involvement, FOH  etc) are as good and probably better than any other club in Scotland ..... certainly significantly better than ‘scummy’ clubs like Rangers / Sevco, and the current gambling riddled Hamilton and several others. You think Hearts do not have higher standards than others (except Celtic & Rangers) that’s your opinion (to which your entitled), however I disagree!!

PS we are talking about boardrooms NOT dressing rooms

Well at least we are winning at something 👍🏻

The Old Tolbooth

Any statement getting it right up those Sun parasites is good by me, well done Ann! 

Now let’s ban them forever!!!