Ann Budge Statement

kila

Francis Albert

I have only got as far as "we are in no worse ( or better ) position than other clubs"  

I have just read FOH telling us about our pledges being critical to Hearts economic health.

How many clubs have fans pumping in £1.5 m a year. Surely we must be in a better position than most especially given how well she tells us she is managing the club's finances.

Edited by Francis Albert

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McCrae

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Still need a huge clear out when this is all finished.

So many average players on long contracts and big wages who are absolutely rubbish.

Get rid of the  people who just go through the motions each week and month,

Think Stendel will know who to keep and who to punt. The more that goes the more wages are freed up and hopefully his scouting mission will bear fruit.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I have only got as far as "we are in no worse ( or better ) position than other clubs"  

I have just read FOH telling us about our pledges being critical to Hearts economic health.

How many clubs have fans pumping in £1.5 m a year. Surely we must be in a better position than most especially given how well she tells us she is managing the club's finances.

The problems all return to Levein signing too many duff players on long contracts. Wages for rubbish is what is draining the coffers right now. hence the wage cut.

Kidd’s Boots

The clearest of statements regarding the position the business of the club is in you could ever expect. Sadly, one that she has been forced to issue due to certain elements of the media justifying their own invoices submitted to the guttersnipe tabloids. Undoubtedly AB has made mistakes that she will answer to in the fullness of time, however, with leadership like this at a time like this and an impending payment from the league authorities, all staff who have backed her decision at least have short term certainty, as difficult as that is for their own circumstances.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I think the point she is making there is with regards to the media sniping  tbf . 

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Helps what? I echo your sentiment regardless of the current global situation tbf. 

Good, good. 👍

Francis Albert
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

The problems all return to Levein signing too many duff players on long contracts. Wages for rubbish is what is draining the coffers right now. hence the wage cut.

Nothing to do with Ann? Despite her boast about how financially prudent we have been she just watched it happen over a prolonged period.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Nothing to do with Ann? Despite her boast about how financially prudent we have been she just watched it happen over a prolonged period.

Did you read the statement? She said we budget for 2-3 months without income (paraphrasing). That is being financially prudent.

Or should she have seen this all coming?

21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They’ve already played twice in Perth so presumably at Ibrox, which would offer no financial advantage to St Johnstone?

I was speaking general to all the other clubs, some of which must have home visits pending pre or post split and with no guaranteed green light to resume playing any time soon, there is no guarantee of these clubs having old firm income before Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

In Ann we trust.

It's a good statement regarding this current situation and she has taken the right course of action immediately to prevent possible future financial problems caused by this shutdown. 

However, I still wouldn't go that far considering how badly the club has been run on the football side of things over the last 5 years. 

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Did you read the statement? She said we budget for 2-3 months without income (paraphrasing). That is being financially prudent.

Of course not. But we should be in a better position than most clubs given FOH funding.

20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Tedious.

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I was speaking general to all the other clubs, some of which must have home visits pending pre or post split and with no guaranteed green light to resume playing any time soon, there is no guarantee of these clubs having old firm income before Christmas.

If we don’t have any football before Christmas, we won’t have many clubs left in Scotland.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Tedious.

It was tedious. But at least he was removed eventually before he did any more recruitment damage

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course not. But we should be in a better position than most clubs given FOH funding.

I think we probably are but it wouldn't look good on her part to be putting other clubs down or to be seen by some to be doing so, especially in our predicament.

So basically we owe Ann money but she is in no hurry to get the money back. 
Now that’s an owner and a benefactor who is putting the Club before money. 
No quibbles unlike some of our so called supporters. These are extraordinarily difficult times at the moment and our Club is in the same boat as others and other businesses and thankfully we put the life jacket on early.

Edited by Dannie Boy

36 minutes ago, graygo said:

Every business is advised the same by auditors with regards to cash reserves, I'm on the board of trustees for a charity and we work on the same premise. That said the lockdown has actually come at as good a time as it could have for the charity as we recently had a bit of a windfall meaning our reserves are higher than normal, it may just mean that some of the additional plans for those funds now don't come to fruition once the doors are open again

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

On our 4th manager in 5 years, roughly 120 crap players signed and looking at relegation. Dont worry Ann the happy clappers will appreciate another statement and start calling you queen again. 

Hmmmm. Have you ever been involved in hiring aircraft towing banners?

Cut The Crap

Good to read the facts and rationale behind the current goings on!

I do wonder whether more context could have been provided earlier, but it's better late than never I suppose. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

please refrain from exercising any logic when discussing queen ann

thank you

41 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

May tune in to Sports sound tonight.

31 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It’s cancelled during the week.

Mondays, Tuesdays 6-7pm

Saturday 2-5pm

Sunday 12-3pm (other sports also)

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Mondays, Tuesdays 6-7pm

Saturday 2-5pm

Sunday 12-3pm (other sports also)

Didn’t realise that.  It must just be the podcast they’ve scrapped thanks.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Not like you to criticise comments from Mrs Budge! 

The more I see and read the more I’m beginning to realise there are a lot of people that don’t like Hearts! I think they are jealous of what a great club we are. I think they find it hard to grasp the high standards that we live by and the values by which we judge ourselves!

Unfortunately Scottish football is a cesspit and we have to live alongside these individuals. Unless there is football reconstruction in Britain and we can find better places to play and watch our team!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

I agree with the steps she is taking, but disagree with her assessment. We are in this position because she and the board have not learned lessons from the past about how to manage our cash flow. We should have more than 2-3 months operating cash in reserve. Saying that this is similar to other clubs is not a valid excuse. They are also wrong. We are supposed to be moving away from a hand to mouth existence. Even before the Covid-19 problems we were just breaking even and wasting money on vanity projects. 

coatbridgejambo
3 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Really clear statement from AB. I know what she means about the Government measures announced. You need to go digging beneath the headline to find out the real story. It's not quite as they say. Time to ban the Sun and DR from Tynecastle. They're like a couple of nutters who cause bother in your pub every Saturday night

Time for them to be shown the door

This. They make my blood boil. It's time the media were shown theirs repercussions for printing BS

The Wrinkly Ninja
4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

On our 4th manager in 5 years, roughly 120 crap players signed and looking at relegation. Dont worry Ann the happy clappers will appreciate another statement and start calling you queen again. 

Cant smile won’t smile

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The more I see and read the more I’m beginning to realise there are a lot of people that don’t like Hearts! I think they are jealous of what a great club we are. I think they find it hard to grasp the high standards that we live by and the values by which we judge ourselves!

Unfortunately Scottish football is a cesspit and we have to live alongside these individuals. Unless there is football reconstruction in Britain and we can find better places to play and watch our team!

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The more I see and read the more I’m beginning to realise there are a lot of people that don’t like Hearts! I think they are jealous of what a great club we are. I think they find it hard to grasp the

high standards that we live by and the values by which we judge ourselves!

Unfortunately Scottish football is a cesspit and we have to live alongside these individuals.

Unless there is football reconstruction in Britain and we can find better places to play and watch our team!

You've got to factor in with regards to the media that ex Celtic rarely slag off Rangers and  vice versa . 

Hibs always seem to be the media darlings because they are irrelevant  roll over merchants so Hearts get it through the pack mentality. Add in zoomers like Willie Miller , Richard Gordon , Alan Preston etc  and it's a perfect fit They can all join in together. 

All to predictable it's becoming a little tedious tbh 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I agree with the steps she is taking, but disagree with her assessment. We are in this position because she and the board have not learned lessons from the past about how to manage our cash flow. We should have more than 2-3 months operating cash in reserve. Saying that this is similar to other clubs is not a valid excuse. They are also wrong. We are supposed to be moving away from a hand to mouth existence. Even before the Covid-19 problems we were just breaking even and wasting money on vanity projects. 

How many months reserves should we hold?

12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Do you have an example of one of these vanity projects that is wasting money? Well I could give you the fans bar tbf, but such a thing was unlikely to be a money spinner. The other hospitality ventures and Sky lounge restaurant earned praise and were doing doing well.

Edited by kila

13 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I agree with the steps she is taking, but disagree with her assessment. We are in this position because she and the board have not learned lessons from the past about how to manage our cash flow. We should have more than 2-3 months operating cash in reserve. Saying that this is similar to other clubs is not a valid excuse. They are also wrong. We are supposed to be moving away from a hand to mouth existence. Even before the Covid-19 problems we were just breaking even and wasting money on vanity projects

Like having an ambassador and flying him out to the usa? things like that?

TyphoonJambo

I honestly think theres a palpable feeling of capital city envy from those west coast hacks. It pains them to the core the fact that a team from a more cultured, socially acceptable, tourist loved, artistically adored, world renowned, cleaner, less biggotted and all round better city can be better run whist maintaining a proper social ethic. 

Francis Albert

17 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

A glance at the league table would surely cure any jealousy of the high standards we live by . 

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Like having an ambassador and flying him out to the usa? things like that?

or creating tech hubs... spending 150k on women’s football. All projects our club might want to do, but because of how little money we have we should not be doing.

14 minutes ago, kila said:

Do you have an example of one of these vanity projects that is wasting money? Well I could give you the fans bar tbf, but such a thing was unlikely to be a money spinner. The other hospitality ventures and Sky lounge restaurant earned praise and were doing doing well.

Women’s football and the Tech hub are 2 very public examples. We might want to support these areas, but if you look at how little cash we have, it was madness to do this. 
Hosting a concert just before the start of the season and damaging our new pitch, whilst not getting any money to do it, is a less costly, but far more embarrassing failure.

One of the main selling points of AB taking over and the transfer to fan ownership was a promise to make sure we didn’t jump from one financial crisis to another.  Well how is that working out? 

Edited by McCrae

24 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Very few businesses anywhere, in any industry, have reserves to cover more than 2-3 months costs. You are just trouble-making for the sake of it. Have you never heard of cash flow? Breaking even has nothing to do with cash flow.  I’m starting to recall a similar debate with you on this subject last week so don’t bother replying. You would be better off using your time reading Frank Wood. 

22 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You've got to factor in with regards to the media that ex Celtic rarely slag off Rangers and  vice versa . 

Hibs always seem to be the media darlings because they are irrelevant  roll over merchants so Hearts get it through the pack mentality. Add in zoomers like Willie Miller , Richard Gordon , Alan Preston etc  and it's a perfect fit They can all join in together. 

All to predictable it's becoming a little tedious tbh 

We must be the only club though that have several ex-players who are virtually always critical of their former club, Stewart, Preston, Mackay etc. Wonder why? 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Very few businesses anywhere, in any industry, have reserves to cover more than 2-3 months costs. You are just trouble-making for the sake of it. Have you never heard of cash flow? Breaking even has nothing to do with cash flow.  I’m starting to recall a similar debate with you on this subject last week so don’t bother replying. You would be better off using your time reading Frank Wood. 

Frank Wood - that brings back memories. 😄

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Scottish Football is not a good example of how to do things. We were supposed to be doing it differently.    You are correct, most business don’t have large cash reserves. Most companies however fail and not having enough cash s the main reason.

Edited by McCrae

6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Women’s football and the Tech hub are 2 very public examples. We might want to support these areas, but if you look at how little cash we have, it was madness to do this. 
Hosting a concert just before the start of the season and damaging our new pitch, whilst not getting any money to do it, is a less costly, but far more embarrassing failure.

Think we got almost enough money from the concert to fund the ladies team. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Frank Wood - that brings back memories. 😄

Indeed. And it was very well written and easy to understand. That’s why I recommended it to a poster. I think I still have a copy if he wants it.