• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McCrae

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Superb statement, and you can see that both ourselves and now Aberdeen have spelled it out crystal clear that Scottish football has a financial crisis that she is taking proactive action in damage limitation.

I wonder how the likes of St Mirren, St Johnstone, Motherwell etc are planning for 6 months of no old firm income?  These clubs must have a major cashflow problem in these circumstances.

I think to an extent the saving garce for the clubs you mention is the fact that they don't seem to rely as heavily on the commercial side of the business.

Aberdeen and ourselves make a very large chunk of income from the commerical side of things.

The others are used to working on much lower levels and obviously have lower wage bills proportionate to their income but they will still struggle.

Budge has had a lot of fair criticism recently but that is a very good statement.

Simple, lays it all out and doesn't pull any punches in naming the red top rags. Good stuff. My only question would be why is John Murray saying we have a transfer budget if we don't... (Not that we will or should be buying anyone any time soon anyway!) 

40 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

On our 4th manager in 5 years, roughly 120 crap players signed and looking at relegation. Dont worry Ann the happy clappers will appreciate another statement and start calling you queen again. 

What a stupid post. She’s setting out our financial position and detailing how we plan to survive, whilst correcting some of the shite being spouted in the media. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

15 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Maybe we should ban any links  from sun on here 

Don’t see why.  They do actually come out with correct exclusives at times.  It’s just their columnists that are wanks. 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Obviously ann knows.

I didn’t ask what she knows. Just found it strange despite your hyperbole you are bringing up  a sun story. 

SectionDJambo
18 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I don’t think anyone buys the paper.  Curiosity usually leads to visiting their website though. 

My wife’s mum and dad have asked me to get them 2 papers whilst they have to stay in.

The Sun and the Evening News. Couldn’t believe it when they asked me.

I don’t even look at any headlines on them. Just drop them off and go.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, hueyview said:

Oh the banter.......  :)

Bollocks to banter, straight to the insults for me.  Especially to gobshites like him/her/it.

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Don’t see why.  They do actually come out with correct exclusives at times.  It’s just their columnists that are wanks. 

Even so

it should be a ban for anyone who puts a link to the sun paper going forward -

Mods, do you agree?

16 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Why is john murray stating we will have money for transfers if we havent?

The first highlight is the future tense.

The second is the present tense.

To help you a little, I'll give you an example

At the moment I have no money.  At the end of the month when I get paid I will have money .

Has that helped?

I think this proves that no one knows the situation the club are in except the club. Media hacks and some so called fans  jumping on the rumour mill just to get themselves noticed and stick the boot in.

I would dare too say we might be in a better position than most clubs money wise but these measures had to be taken for the survival of the club. I know many like myself have been annoyed with the playing side but that is something we can change. AB standing by CL is the biggest annoyance to most fans imo and will be until he exits but we need to be sensible.

We dont know when this will end but the main thing is we still have a team to support come the end of it.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

The first highlight is the future tense.

The second is the present tense.

To help you a little, I'll give you an example

At the moment I have no money.  At the end of the month when I get paid I will have money .

Has that helped?

Sorry,schools are off.

Niemi’s gloves

One interesting point in the statement. Ann seems to be saying that all the short term lending to the club is from her personally, not from any other benefactor. In effect most (all?) of the money donated to FOH is continuing to flow to the club even though it gets there indirectly. In other words, contributions to FOH > money paid to Bidco to buy club shares > funds to Ann > funds lent by her to club (and which she isn’t expecting to get repaid any time soon).

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

27 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well done AB. Very good honest update.

I wonder what negatives the media will manage to conjure up out of this statement?

No doubt they'll get a lot of help from the usual numpties on this forum and the keyboard warriors on social media who seem  delight in having a dig at the club.

17 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Sorry her Royal Highness the Queen of Hearts. Is that better for you?

Can you please explain why you use call her the above names?

It`s easier and quicker to call her Dr Budget.

I await your scummy reply

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I didn’t ask what she knows. Just found it strange despite your hyperbole you are bringing up  a sun story. 

“Much has been made of an email, sent by our Head of Player Recruitment, to agents with regard to potential recruitment requirements once football resumes,” she said.

“We must continue to plan for football returning and make sure we are in the strongest possible position possible when that happens.

what bit are you querying?

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, stevenson1 said:

Scummy? Bit strong is it no? She your mum or something?

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Scummy? Bit strong is it no? She your mum or something?

Mods.   Time this was flushed.

East Lothian Jambo

I think she's right. We would have the same issues around meeting financial obligations at this time whether we were 1st or 12th when football shut down during this crisis 

She will have to confront serious questions about why we're 12th at a later date 

Now is not the time though 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo
Typo

Borders Jambo
54 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

On our 4th manager in 5 years, roughly 120 crap players signed and looking at relegation. Dont worry Ann the happy clappers will appreciate another statement and start calling you queen again. 

You are an idiot

I may get a ban for this but it will be so worth it.   

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Borders Jambo said:

You are an idiot

I may get a ban for this but it will be so worth it.   

There we are more personal abuse

John mcCartney
11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Agreed. Same goes for the Record and I'll add the EEN. I would rather wipe my farter with my underpants or even a rusty brillo pad than use that vermin rag.

Budge the speaker
Jonno the scriptwriter
That is what we want

Pasquale for King

Absolutely brilliant. Can only imagine how annoying it will be for the poor saps that will need to read it out and explain the big words to Boyd and McmANUS. Ban that ****ing rag.

Edited by Pasquale for King

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Specsavers off too?

You appear to have a lot of problems as many others are off as well.

Borders Jambo
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

There we are more personal abuse

And perfectly warranted.

We receive an honest statement from AB and you can't wait to post your snidey comments.

Are you Michael Stewart?

Just now, JamboAl said:

You appear to have a lot of problems as many others are off as well.

You dont seem to be taking this home isolating very well.

13 minutes ago, stevenson1 said:

I'd hazard a guess at misogyny 

gorgie rd eh11
8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm not the one calling people scummy 

No you're the idiot trying to stir ****. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

You dont seem to be taking this home isolating very well.

many people will not. Many people’s mental health could be adversely affected. Not really a laughing matter.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

No you're the idiot trying to stir ****. 

The poster probably hasn't even read the statement. 

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

many people will not. Many people’s mental health could be adversely affected. Not really a laughing matter.

Wow.

The right statement. Really interesting insight into realistic timescales being discussed by the clubs informally. Those even look optimistic tbh. Prize money has to be released in some capacity or there will be a domino rally of administrations. 

24 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

My wife’s mum and dad have asked me to get them 2 papers whilst they have to stay in.

The Sun and the Evening News. Couldn’t believe it when they asked me.

I don’t even look at any headlines on them. Just drop them off and go.

That must be a generational thing then.  My dad still gets the record for example.  I’ve not actually bought a paper for over ten years apart from the 2012 een the day after the cup final. 

Ex member of the SaS

Good statement and getting it right up the Sun. Cutting wages was always the right thing to do and unless in exceptional circumstances, I would like to think all players will comply.

So anyone with any sense can see other clubs will follow Ann's lead and thanks to her quick response we will be ahead of the rest when this does all go away.

The one small part of the statement I take exception to is :

We have managed cashflow very tightly during these years of investment.

Perhaps if you had tighter control of what Levein was spending we wouldn't have so many carp players.

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Well that was a statement. No punches pulled and we have a clear strategy to help cope and we were miles ahead of anyone else by all accounts. 
Yes Ann can be critiqued for putting to much faith in Levein but she certainly can’t be criticised for being a very proactive owner and business woman. These half brained journalists have no idea how to run a successful business they are only shit stirring arseholes out to grab cheap headlines and satisfy the hatred of all things Hearts. 

pity they were so unquestioning about Rangers activities .Might have saved the club instead of hanging onto every word Murray uttered.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's ok. Michael Stewart will try and use a few words of more than one syllable, they will look even more glaikit than usual as they get the felt tip pens oot, then Tom English will blow them all out of the water with a great article. 

Hahahaha, he’s so far ahead of the others it’s frightening.

alicante jambo

Straight to the point. What a brilliant statement. All put out there nice and clear for all the haters. BTW the jambos are here to stay.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That must be a generational thing then.  My dad still gets the record for example.  I’ve not actually bought a paper for over ten years apart from the 2012 een the day after the cup final. 

You bought it on a Sunday 🤷🏾‍♂️😜. I didn’t surface until around teatime on the Monday, I couldn’t get a copy in Gorgie. I txt my brother in law who is a taxi driver and he got me one in Leith, piles of them apparently 😱🤔😆😃😍.

That will do for me   🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

Also great message from Stuart Wallace email

Difficult times need good and experienced leaders

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

No, you're the one being scummy.

Please explain why I am scummy?

I said your reply would be scummy not you personally.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Good statement and getting it right up the Sun. Cutting wages was always the right thing to do and unless in exceptional circumstances, I would like to think all players will comply.

So anyone with any sense can see other clubs will follow Ann's lead and thanks to her quick response we will be ahead of the rest when this does all go away.

The one small part of the statement I take exception to is :

We have managed cashflow very tightly during these years of investment.

Perhaps if you had tighter control of what Levein was spending we wouldn't have so many carp players.

Many of our signings have been single fish, that's for sure!