Top Posters In This Topic

• upgotheheads

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Bunch of old men hunkered down in the broom cupboard of their mansions...

Smoking Cuban, drinking port whilst playing bridge on the felt.

As always, it will be about money. With the possibility of being sued by the TV companies they have contracts with, and with potential payouts from insurance companies to consider, they will be trying to find a solution that maximises income and minimises potential liabilities. How successful they are in doing this will be critical to whether some clubs survive or not, so I think they should be cut some slack at the moment. Frustrating for fans looking for answers, but the financial stakes are very high at the moment, and the potential repercussions very serious, so we just need to let them get on with it.

upgotheheads
23 minutes ago, tynewater said:

As always, it will be about money. With the possibility of being sued by the TV companies they have contracts with, and with potential payouts from insurance companies to consider, they will be trying to find a solution that maximises income and minimises potential liabilities. How successful they are in doing this will be critical to whether some clubs survive or not, so I think they should be cut some slack at the moment. Frustrating for fans looking for answers, but the financial stakes are very high at the moment, and the potential repercussions very serious, so we just need to let them get on with it.

I'm not a Lawyer but I think that Force-Majeure would apply in contract Law. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Boof said:

League 1 structure mentions Colts teams. 2 of them.

That's a 'No' from the Boof jury.

Me too.  I’d rather get relegated than have their colts teams.

14 hours ago, busby1985 said:

They are waiting for Celtic to decide what they want to happen. 

And Rangers I would add.  In fairness they can't make a statement until these clubs tell them what to say and they're still bickering about the league.

7 hours ago, Gambo said:

Tbh, Rod Petrie is looking for ways to shaft Hearts.

Don’t think he’s on the SPFL board but obviously now president of the SFA. Not sure who will decide or if it’s a collective effort.

Ex member of the SaS

Spfl paying out £395,000 to top three ( less to the rest )  They obviously see Sevco are struggling and decided to pay out early. No way would they have done this for Hearts or they would have done it when Ann cut wages.

The only thing they'll be worried about is they are now in a situation where, whatever they do, they will have one of the arse cheeks unhappy and lashing out.

11 hours ago, Boof said:

It’s 2 colts teams or another team each from lowland and highland league. Suspect most will vote for the former because of the extra cash it will generate. Could be that they can’t be promoted though. 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

The only thing they'll be worried about is they are now in a situation where, whatever they do, they will have one of the arse cheeks unhappy and lashing out.

:brucey:

Can’t believe anyone can look at that pdf and think that’s a good idea. Absolutely horrendous. :lol:

11 hours ago, Boof said:

Absolutely. Bucket of utter pish. 

3 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Why are the so insistent on having a split?  

Exactly! It’s ludicrous. It totally devalues our league, by making it dependent on four old firm games. 

It’s a shanner of an idea that has just been hashed together because instead of trying to deal with the issues at hand, they e seen an opportunity to push through OF colt teams, and preserve the x4 OF derbies.

just extend the ****ing league. It’s not bloody difficult.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Auldreekie1874

That proposal looks like 2 teams are promoted at the split and then the second half of the season commences. So those two teams could also end up bottom after half a season and relegated again.

Seems odd.

1 minute ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

That proposal looks like 2 teams are promoted at the split and then the second half of the season commences. So those two teams could also end up bottom after half a season and relegated again.

Seems odd.

That’s because it is odd. They are ignoring the issues at hand and seeing an opportunity to push through OF colt teams. That’s all it’s about. We are being lumbered with a ****ing donkey.

54 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That’s because it is odd. They are ignoring the issues at hand and seeing an opportunity to push through OF colt teams. That’s all it’s about. We are being lumbered with a ****ing donkey.

The thing I can't understand is if AnnBudge (for example) made an offer to take over say Livingston it would be against the rules but it's OK for Rangers and Celtic to have 2 teams who could ultimately finish up in the same league.

Why can that be?

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The thing I can't understand is if AnnBudge (for example) made an offer to take over say Livingston it would be against the rules but it's OK for Rangers and Celtic to have 2 teams who could ultimately finish up in the same league.

Why can that be?

In the past when colts teams have been proposed it was always planned that they couldn’t be promoted to avoid what you suggest. However, given the experiences in one of our Mickey Mouse  cups the OF u18’s wouldn’t get any higher than league 1. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s 2 colts teams or another team each from lowland and highland league. Suspect most will vote for the former because of the extra cash it will generate. Could be that they can’t be promoted though. 

Opposition to colts teams from the lower leagues was strong.

Money could change things but not promoting Brora and Kelty / Bonnyrigg would be controversial. Undermines the whole system of feeder leagues recently developed.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Money could change things but not promoting Brora and Kelty / Bonnyrigg would be controversial. Undermines the whole system of feeder leagues recently developed.

Indeed. If you are going to promote teams to make up the restructure, then do it. If you are just going t pick and choose, then do that. Don’t do a mix of both. Get the split to **** though. A total nonsense that serves nobody except the OF, just as the colts idea would, also.

GorgieRules22
26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are having meetings today.

With regards to reconstruction or just a way forward in general ?

East Lothian Jambo
On 26/03/2020 at 10:17, frankblack said:

They will be busy planning the easiest way to shaft us by relegating us without a ball being kicked.

Puzzles me why some of our fans look to play the victim card. We have been hideously bad on the park for well over a year. Cessation of football for the time being,  or perhaps entirely for the season may very well have halted inevitable relegation 

I think we should be clear about one thing,  Scottish football will need every penny it can get when football resumes. If there is a solution that can be found which retains the 3rd biggest club and 3rd biggest travelling support in the country it's my guess they'll find it 

Intervention may well save us when it looked almost certain that we'd be more than capable of relegating ourselves 

Bazzas right boot

If the set up panders to the of and there is some ridiculous solution I'm Binning Scottish football. 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Exactly! It’s ludicrous. It totally devalues our league, by making it dependent on four old firm games. 

It’s a shanner of an idea that has just been hashed together because instead of trying to deal with the issues at hand, they e seen an opportunity to push through OF colt teams, and preserve the x4 OF derbies.

just extend the ****ing league. It’s not bloody difficult.

I disagree. The split means that every team in either half is involved right to the death. The 14 team league suggested ensures that the anomaly of some teams having more home fixtures than others, which is the current systems main fault, is avoided. Since the split we've had the most dramatic and exciting finishes to a league season than I ever saw in 60+ years of watching. The Hibs v Hamilton debacle and the Motherwell v Rangers play-off spring to mind, but the season goes to the last kick almost every year. Even in the run-up to the split the games are crucial.

1 hour ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Seems odd.

Surely they have to bite the bullet and accept that this season is over. We're only about two months away from the scheduled end of the season, there's no chance that games will be played before then. The players only get 3 or 4 weeks off and then it all starts again. Even if they decided to restart in, say, 6 weeks we would be playing games into  June / July. Given that players won't be able to resume training for at least three weeks then what kind of football would be seeing anyway? If players could get back to training today then it could maybe work, but that isn't going to happen.

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I disagree. The split means that every team in either half is involved right to the death. The 14 team league suggested ensures that the anomaly of some teams having more home fixtures than others, which is the current systems main fault, is avoided. Since the split we've had the most dramatic and exciting finishes to a league season than I ever saw in 60+ years of watching. The Hibs v Hamilton debacle and the Motherwell v Rangers play-off spring to mind, but the season goes to the last kick almost every year. Even in the run-up to the split the games are crucial.

Surely they have to bite the bullet and accept that this season is over. We're only about two months away from the scheduled end of the season, there's no chance that games will be played before then. The players only get 3 or 4 weeks off and then it all starts again. Even if they decided to restart in, say, 6 weeks we would be playing games into  June / July. Given that players won't be able to resume training for at least three weeks then what kind of football would be seeing anyway? If players could get back to training today then it could maybe work, but that isn't going to happen.

Hamilton v Hibs and Rangers v Motherwell were play offs. You would still have play offs in a bigger league with no split.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

upgotheheads
36 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hamilton v Hibs and Rangers v Motherwell were play offs. You would still have play offs in a bigger league with no split.

The composition of the  relegation, play-off, third bottom and even fourth bottom positions often  go right down to the last game. No one can deny that since the split was introduced the leagues have become much more exciting. As I have said many times before, no-one who saw the 18 team leagues would want to go back there, and as I've also said before the 18 team league was ditched for a reason. 16 team leagues would be just as bad.

Edited by upgotheheads

They don't want to make a decision, they are hoping all the European league start making decisions and they will then just copy what the majority do. They are gutless and useless.

Edited by Australis......

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was but, certainly for those in league 2 south,  the opportunity to have a couple of thousand OF fans twice each per season is a considerable boost to their finances. 
Agree with your second point but the proposal does have Brora and Kelty in it.Id rather have two each from lowland and highland leagues. 

15 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The composition of the  relegation, play-off, third bottom and even fourth bottom positions often  go right down to the last game. No one can deny that since the split was introduced the leagues have become much more exciting. As I have said many times before, no-one who saw the 18 team leagues would want to go back there, and as I've also said before the 18 team league was ditched for a reason. 16 team leagues would be just as bad.

The point is though that you can have exciting end of season play-offs without having a split. England is a great example 

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The point is though that you can have exciting end of season play-offs without having a split. England is a great example 

Sure, but it's not just the play-offs that are exiting in our current set-up. After the split the top 6 are playing for Europe with usually at least 5 teams still in contention for various positions. The bottom six are also trying to stay away from the bottom two positions. If I remember correctly in the famous relegation Derby at Tynecastle Hibs were 7th and we were bottom of the league, and see what that led to.

The last 5 games of the current set-up are always crucial, flawed as it is with the home against away game anomaly.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

In the past when colts teams have been proposed it was always planned that they couldn’t be promoted to avoid what you suggest. However, given the experiences in one of our Mickey Mouse  cups the OF u18’s wouldn’t get any higher than league 1. 

I take your point but surely owning 2 clubs is allowed or it is not.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

In a bigger league with no split, you would have more relegation and play off places than we do currently, So that excitement would not be lost. I know a few people who saw the bigger top league and would rather go back than have the shitey split.

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, mre said:

How about scrapping the season but starting next with the current points totals? 

How would you accommodate the top Championship team though? 

44 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:
56 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

IMG_20200327_173854.thumb.jpg.04801e7e370b559d7f3ca71d00c3d5e2.jpg

What's the betting the SPFL come out with same statement..

Tommy Brown
12 hours ago, RENE said:

What's the betting the SPFL come out with same statement..

I've heard Brian Rice has money on it.

The EPL now making sounds about not following what ever UEFA or FIFA suggest. The SPL will follow what ever the EPL do, I can almost guarantee that. Total spineless from top to bottom.