Buy Season Tickets Now

jambotony

What’s everyone’s thoughts if we just bought / renewed our Season Tickets now? I mean they usually go on sale about now and we were all going to renew.. let’s just do it?? It would really help the club 

Edited by jambotony

hmfc_liam06

It would certainly help but do remember, we have fans who are screaming for a refund on their current season tickets.

Sorry but that’s just ridiculous.. no way should anyone expect a refund..at best they’d get £50 back for the remaining games 

Italian Lambretta

Yeah no problem as soon as the government announce they are helping the 5m self employed of which I am one.

ToadKiller Dog

Sorry until I know what my wages will level out at or if my employer survives the next 12 weeks or more ,I cant commit to such a purchase. 

Might be a good idea in principle but the timing does not seem right

Many supporters are currently being paid but the longer the lockdown etc continues the more likely that wages generally will have to be cut and many ST holders could find the going tough

That aside, if we did pay in advance for even 2 seasons that would give the club enough money to fully pay today's players but what would happen in the upcoming 2 seasons?  The answer is that we will have less money available for the season(s) for which the money was meant and that would mean less quality, fewer players, increased gate and merchandise money charges etc.  We'd just be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

47 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It would certainly help but do remember, we have fans who are screaming for a refund on their current season tickets.

Do we actually, or is it the usual interlopers  on here?

hmfc_liam06
Just now, stevie1874 said:

Do we actually, or is it the usual interlopers  on here?

Here, Twitter, Facebook. Hearts fans, unless they've gone to proper extremes and made profiles masking themselves as Hearts fans.

My work have agreed to give us full pay for April even tho we are shut. After April we are looking at zero wages until the stores reopen, looking more and more likely this will last way past June. Buying season tickets is the last of my worries at the moment, although I get the sentiment. 

Non starter. 

We still have no idea how this season will end and as a result, we have no idea what division we will be in in.

Even if the club were able to provisionally price up ST’s for next season, if we were to buy them, that would help us now, but then we would be really short whenever next season came about. 

Thousands of fans will be unable to commit to such a purchase, given their employment situations. 

59 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I know kickback loves extremes but do we really have fans like that ? Can’t say I’ve came across it. 

I’d renew but not sure the timing is right. 

Until the league is known it’s a non starter. Really UEFA or the governing bodies need to just make the call now. 

In Scotland the easiest thing in the world would he reconstruction. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen's went on sale recently and club is still encouraging people to buy.

They know what league they are in. 

Think they went on sale before the football was stopped. 

hmfc_liam06
11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I know kickback loves extremes but do we really have fans like that ? Can’t say I’ve came across it. 

I’d renew but not sure the timing is right. 

The Twitter and Facebook types are far more extreme than anyone on here.

Hectormasson
21 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

My work have agreed to give us full pay for April even tho we are shut. After April we are looking at zero wages until the stores reopen, looking more and more likely this will last way past June. Buying season tickets is the last of my worries at the moment, although I get the sentiment. 

👏👏👏

With the situation and the bad press we’ve been getting asking supporters for more money when a lot of their incomes aren’t guaranteed would be a silly move IMO.

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Yeah no problem as soon as the government announce they are helping the 5m self employed of which I am one.

I'll join you as well 

Heartsofgold
58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might know what league they're in but they have no idea how many games they are going to actually get for their season ticket.  May turn out to be a very expensive purchase.

GorgieFifeLife

Think if and when next season starts a lot may just settle for walk ups until we see where the club is going on the pitch. At the moment we are making a mess of things all over the shop...of course some will buy out of habit but a lot if things need to change massively to get the fans back on board.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Do Hearts take bottles.

Haha. 10p mixture is all most can afford in the current climate, never mind a season tic!  ::troll::

Carl Weathers

I'd buy one now but I'm in a fortunate position where my work is secure (for the time being at least).

As long as they are no more expensive than this season's I'd be comfortable buying regardless of what league we will be in next season based on the exceptional circumstances.

Hearts being pish at football doesn't come into for me - this is about keeping us alive.

Selkirkhmfc1874

I'd buy next seasons right now for my kids and myself but couldn't afford to buy behond next season unfortunately 

Stewie Griffin

I’m fortunate that my job is secure so I’d renew for myself and my daughter regardless of what league we end up in however can fully understand others in a less fortunate position not wanting to commit to anything just now 

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Surely your employer can pay you 80% minimum of Mays pay and reclaim through government scheme. 

People uncertain about their financial and personal futures. People uncertain what league we’re gonna be in and when. Not the time I’d say

26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Surely your employer can pay you 80% minimum of Mays pay and reclaim through government scheme. 

Hopefully. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

True but what they don't know is when the 20/21 season will start or how many games it will involve, it could be more games if this season is canned but 2 teams are promoted or less games due to trying to fit the season into a shorter timescale not to mention Hearts V no Hearts will impact a number of clubs and how they account for x no of Cat A games.

At this point there is no way the clubs can accurately price Season Tickets for next season.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Majority of fans are going to be skint, can't see us selling many for next season regardless especially after this season 

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Might be a good idea in principle but the timing does not seem right

Many supporters are currently being paid but the longer the lockdown etc continues the more likely that wages generally will have to be cut and many ST holders could find the going tough

That aside, if we did pay in advance for even 2 seasons that would give the club enough money to fully pay today's players but what would happen in the upcoming 2 seasons?  The answer is that we will have less money available for the season(s) for which the money was meant and that would mean less quality, fewer players, increased gate and merchandise money charges etc.  We'd just be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Are you seriously suggesting that hard pressed fans fork out about a grand each so that Damour etc don't have to take a pay cut ? 

It would be funny if it wasn't so mental 😕

I'm fortunate I'm still working in my school buildings so would be able buy it straight away but with others not having an income it may not be worth it. I've got the 610 ready in savings for me and my boy. 

Edited by EH22-Jambo

maroonsgotop
4 hours ago, jambotony said:

Sorry but that’s just ridiculous.. no way should anyone expect a refund..at best they’d get £50 back for the remaining games 

From reading Ian Murray's book I'm sure it stated that if you buy a ST on your credit card the money is not handed over straight away to the club but is released on a game by game basis. That was the reason the club were pushing to try and get people to purchase via alternative means. Therefore, anyone buying that way would probably receive a refund for any games not played  

Edited by maroonsgotop

24 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Are you seriously suggesting that hard pressed fans fork out about a grand each so that Damour etc don't have to take a pay cut ? 

I'm not suggesting anything - merely commenting on someone else's proposition.

Edited by JamboAl

Francis Albert

I've already saved nearly half the cost of renewing my ST by not travelling up for the the Ross County game and the semi. Thought of upping my FoH sub but not before Ann and Craig are gone and FoH start  acting like the owners of the club (the latter would or should trigger the former).

Edited by Francis Albert

Silvery_Moon
4 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’ll buy one in a heartbeat, it’s what you do.

If you can afford it  that's great. I can as well but a lot of people will struggle just now. 

I think sales would have struggled anyway after the last few seasons. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

From reading Ian Murray's book I'm sure it stated that if you buy a ST on your credit card the money is not handed over straight away to the club but is released on a game by game basis. That was the reason the club were pushing to try and get people to purchase via alternative means. Therefore, anyone buying that way would probably receive a refund for any games not played  

I am not sure about the last sentence. 

The club has appealed to people since administration to use alternatives to credit cards. Puzzles me on two counts. Shouldn't the club be phasing the spending of ST income over the season anyway? We might have hit cash flow problems sooner if the ST revenue was not phased on a game by game basis. But on the other hand why should the credit card company hold onto my money in this way. I pay my credit card balance in full each month so the credit card company is not exposed financially to any club default in respect of my ST payment to the club.

davemclaren
3 hours ago, Still Tynie said:

Majority of fans are going to be skint, can't see us selling many for next season regardless especially after this season 

I agree but even 1000 at £500  raises half a million quid up front. 

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

And he wasnt so shite !!

8 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I’m not aware of anyone who would be ‘screaming’ for a refund. Not on JKB or anyone in the real world I know. That money is a write off as far as I’m concerned. As for renewing right now. Sorry but I wouldn’t be able to chuck money at Hearts just now in case the worst happens employment wise.

I think we should wait until it is confirmed when games will start next season. We could easily have a short season again next year. It it still possible we not play until the summer of 2021.

JTJ east whitburn

Put the STs on sale now, some people will be able to cover the cost without an issue,  others due to circumstances out with everyones control wont,  but it would mean money coming into the club, it may be in dribs and drabs, but it will still be coming in, and I know some will be apprehensive of what league we may be in, but if things drag on for months as I suspect, with no money coming in, we wont have a club to support

If the club knew when next season would start- they'd already be on sale.

As it stands we don't know when it'll start, what division we'll be in or how many games we'll have.