My Day on Lockdown

Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can all check in and share our days. Sort of like a wee diary.

Obviously don't need to check in every day but thought if anyone takes any ideas of things to do or just enjoys reading other peoples days so we all know we are in it together would be good.

My day consisted of a number of things. Was still under the impression I was starting work at 1530 but recieved a text at 12 saying production was halting temporarily. So as you do I fired Cod on for a few games. Then sorted out a little exercise programme for me, my partner and my 2 boys. Done a big chart with the letters of the alphabet with an exercise beside each one.

Then we went out (to a remote corner of a field beside a park) and done an hour of exercise. Running and each taking turns to think of a word and then perform the exercises with the corresponding letters. Then proceeded to go to Argos and pick up board games and puzzles we had on order and came home and done a few of them with the kids. All a bit normal minus the presence of work.

How's everyone else getting on?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• ri Alban

• jake

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before

Radged about with the bairns.

Watched a spot of Never The Twain and a couple of episides of Forged In Fire.

9.30 - Woke up. Cup of tea.

11.00 - Cup of tea. Signed up for Disney+. Watched 2 episodes of The Simpsons.

12.00 - Watched the last 3 episodes of season 2 of Orange is the New Black

16.00 - Washed dishes, mopped and hoovered. Then booted up FM, got Alfreton promoted to the Vanarama National League.

19.00 - Quick FM break to go to Tesco. Plenty beers bought. Back home, shower and chill out to drink said beers and carry on with FM. I'm doing shite with Alfreton BTW.

6:30 AM Woke up and got ready for work.

7:30 AM Left for work

8 AM Started work

Still here.

8AM tomorrow morning. Home time.

8am woke up. 

10am practiced some music theory. 

12pm watched some telly. 

2pm worried myself into a frenzy about what my future holds after all this. I reckon I could well and truly be ****ed. 

2:15pm decided I needed to get my mind off it so went a run. 

5pm had dinner. 

6pm - started worrying again and haven't stopped since. Played some music to try and get my mind off it. 

Watched some tell there after. 

Having heehaw to do is just making my mind race. Can't stop it unfortunately. Hoping once have settled a bit I can adjust. 😟

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

6:30 AM Woke up and got ready for work.

7:30 AM Left for work

8 AM Started work

Still here.

8AM tomorrow morning. Home time.

Off tonight so I'm in my jammies like everyone else, but back to work tomorrow, got a 50 hour week this week, looks like 60 next, physical work too.

Some of us'll be needing a lockdown when everyone else goes back to work!

Got up late, did some emails dealing with work shutdown, cooked some lunch. Then I dug my walking boots out and went for a long walk to use my daily government approved exercise slot. Came back and listened to a few albums I hadn’t listened to for a while as I cooked then started a Netflix series. 

I don’t imagine tomorrow will be a lot different. 

Im a so called ‘key worker’ so not in the normal lockdown. On night shift this week and next. Was a bit bonkers the number of people out for a jog yesterday morning (probably due to the gyms being closed).

The roads are eerily quiet. I’m glad that the majority seem to be keeping themselves and others safe. 

Lobey Dosser
45 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

8am woke up. 

10am practiced some music theory. 

12pm watched some telly. 

2pm worried myself into a frenzy about what my future holds after all this. I reckon I could well and truly be ****ed. 

2:15pm decided I needed to get my mind off it so went a run. 

5pm had dinner. 

6pm - started worrying again and haven't stopped since. Played some music to try and get my mind off it. 

Watched some tell there after. 

Having heehaw to do is just making my mind race. Can't stop it unfortunately. Hoping once have settled a bit I can adjust. 😟

What sort of theory were you doing? I love theory. 

10am - got up

11am - played piano

2pm -  walked dogs

4pm - played piano

6pm - had dinner

7pm - uni work

9pm - played piano

11pm - lazing about. 

Repeat tomorrow

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Im a so called ‘key worker’ so not in the normal lockdown. On night shift this week and next. Was a bit bonkers the number of people out for a jog yesterday morning (probably due to the gyms being closed).

The roads are eerily quiet. I’m glad that the majority seem to be keeping themselves and others safe. 

Yeah, to be fair commuting is pretty pleasant at the moment

Chilled out. Actually had some free time. Took the dog out for an extra walk. Then got run over by a Dalmatian and bust a couple of ribs.

Lockdown and im in total agony. Sneezed earlier and literally crapped myself because of the pain. 

Might spend the afternoon trying to move from the bed to the couch.

Anymore pishy vlogs of Nurses/Doctors, auld folk and actors cheering up the world, ma tellies won't last much longer.

Edited by ri Alban

Since going into self isolation as ordered by my employer. I have been reading books that I have bought but haven't started yet. I have a few Lee Child books given to me by the ex's dad still to read and a few Stephen King that I have had lying around for a while now. I'm still under strict instructions to stay away.

Wish I was on lockdown. Up at 03:30 to get to work for 04:51. Short day thanks to Corona though and I'll be home and in bed by ten.

Yesterday. Having just moved house, I went through some boxes and sorted that out. 
Went to Tesco for some last minute supplies. 
Did some schoolwork with my laddie and then played a few games.

Got a message from Sky saying that for obvious reasons, our TV won’t be getting installed until 30th April and so signed up for Now TV until we can get that done.

Watched Monday nights episode of Criminal Minds. It was shite.

Had a couple of beers and played a movie trivia card game with Mrs tjambo.

Went to bed.

Woke up this morning, had a coffee and watched Monday’s episode of Walking Dead. It was shite.

30 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Yesterday. Having just moved house, I went through some boxes and sorted that out. 
Went to Tesco for some last minute supplies. 
Did some schoolwork with my laddie and then played a few games.

Got a message from Sky saying that for obvious reasons, our TV won’t be getting installed until 30th April and so signed up for Now TV until we can get that done.

Watched Monday nights episode of Criminal Minds. It was shite.

Had a couple of beers and played a movie trivia card game with Mrs tjambo.

Went to bed.

Woke up this morning, had a coffee and watched Monday’s episode of Walking Dead. It was shite.

Did you watch Picard? It isn't shite!

Edited by ri Alban

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Did you watch Picard? It isn't shite!

Nah, not really into any Star Trek stuff. I’ll most definitely take any recommendations though :)

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I'm still under strict instructions to stay away.

:lol: - not sure how long it's been there but I've just spotted your location. Bravo :lol: 

As for me - as someone who can remotely assist colleagues by renewing passwords I've been doing a bit of that on top of trying to get my own work done. Actually not needing done for this year but will make next year (if that happens) more straightforward.

Bit of housework, dog-pishing. Need to get out and do a bit more exercise - no excuse for not doing it...hardly see another soul on the busiest of days at home :lol: 

During my self isolating I am watching the star wars trilogy (the original 3). One observation I have noted is that Luke Skywalker is a whiney faced bitch and if I were Han Solo I'd have him kicked off the Millennium Falcon and have his light saber confiscated from him.

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

:lol: - not sure how long it's been there but I've just spotted your location. Bravo :lol: 

Yeah Mars has been effected too. It's not just you Earthlings :laugh2:

Doing some Maths with my 5 year old and some literacy with my 8 year old. Quite nice to see how much they actually know but don't use when they are finished school. 

Then going out to do some exercise - they have chose cycling so maybe go over the Tay Bridge and back which is 2.6mile. Hopefully no one else out and about as the spacing would be comprimised.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

During my self isolating I am watching the star wars trilogy (the original 3). One observation I have noted is that Luke Skywalker is a whiney faced bitch and if I were Han Solo I'd have him kicked off the Millennium Falcon and have his light saber confiscated from him.

And he fancied his sister.

Definitely a Hibby that boy.

7 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Doing some Maths with my 5 year old and some literacy with my 8 year old. Quite nice to see how much they actually know but don't use when they are finished school. 

Then going out to do some exercise - they have chose cycling so maybe go over the Tay Bridge and back which is 2.6mile. Hopefully no one else out and about as the spacing would be comprimised.

Been doing schoolwork with my 9 year old. His spelling and maths are excellent. His reading is good but he doesn’t take in what he reads. He can read from a book fine but if you ask him what the story is about he’s unable to tell you. Also needs a wee bit of work on his grammar.

luckyBatistuta

Got up, helped the kids with their homework and done a keep fit workout with them. Lay about watching a movie. Had my dinner. On then to the PS4 to join some jakey JKBers (you know who you are) A riotous affair, hilarious stuff. Went to bed.

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Got up, helped the kids with their homework and done a keep fit workout with them. Lay about watching a movie. Had my dinner. On then to the PS4 to join some jakey JKBers (you know who you are) A riotous affair, hilarious stuff. Went to bed.

🤗 Some laugh last night! :rofl:

Cut some rhododendrons down at the back and lobbed the branches back into the ***** garden. 

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Watching judge Rinder. Ffs! God take me now. ::facepaw::

That wee guy is on now. Even worse. Nippy wee prick. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That wee guy is on now. Even worse. Nippy wee prick. 

Turned aff immediately. 

First day.

Woke up early had a joint watched the news.

By 10.30 I was doing odd jobs.

Listen to a bit lunchtime house back to odd jobs and the occasional look at jkb .

Keeping the tv off as much as possible.

luckyBatistuta
34 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

🤗 Some laugh last night! :rofl:

Cut some rhododendrons down at the back and lobbed the branches back into the ***** garden. 

:lol:

Up way to early.

Read the news.

Caught up on phone with friends.

Bit of garden.

Walk to shops for beer/ shelves are emptying.

Make spicy sausage casserole.

Blasting out the music. 

Drink the beer.

Eat meal/ drink wine.

Watch something while I drift into a coma.

I've given myself a basic routine of things to do and times to do them, like going for my walk at 3pm or as close as. But the main one is that the telly doesn't go on until 6pm at earliest, it would be too easy to just fall into spending all day on my hole watching Netflix and Amazon Prime. If I put music on I can potter around as I listen to it. 

Also if I work through all my vinyl albums it means each one gets cleaned before I play it so it's like maintenance on the music collection. Listening to lots of stuff I haven't bothered with for ages. I'm currently being amazed at what a great album One Step Beyond is, probably haven't listened to it in about 10 years.

been here before
3 hours ago, jake said:

Measure twice cut once gadge

"Safety first, DIY second" as Harry Green used to say on QVC.

Day 4 and I’m starting to go a little stir crazy. Just made a coffee and was delighted to see that we are almost out of milk and so will need to pop to Tesco later on for some more.

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Day 4 and I’m starting to go a little stir crazy. Just made a coffee and was delighted to see that we are almost out of milk and so will need to pop to Tesco later on for some more.

😄

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Save the Animals, buy Almond milk.

Up at 9. Dog in garden for pee. Sort chickens out. Took dog to park. Went for run. Lunch. Working 1600-0200. Bed

Just gave the laddie his dinner, he asks for a carton of apple juice to go with it. “I forgot to get apple juice. There’s orange juice though” I said.

”Fine” he replies “Does it taste like apple juice though?”

I might end up on the drink tonight!