Joe wicks

rudi must stay

Didn’t like the constant “Nicky shout out” he kept chucking in but was a decent work out tbh.

didnt watch live but will try do these daily after work going forward

The Future's Maroon

Great for the kids this morning, might even try it myself tomorrow 🙈

Me, the Mrs and the kids, 2, 7 & 9 all doing the daily workout to start "school".

Not my kind of thing at all, but been great and we've all loved it. The wee yin trying to do the situps etc makes it great fun.

He's a bit Essex n that, but his heart's in the right place. Always comes across as a genuine lad ehen I see him on telly.

Cookbook is bobbins, but again right messaging. Terrible flavours though!

2 hours ago, Cade said:

The Jamie Oliver of the gym world.

In both the good and the bad way.

You’re looking at the wrong videos if he’s exercising with his kit off. 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Me, the Mrs and the kids, 2, 7 & 9 all doing the daily workout to start "school".

Not my kind of thing at all, but been great and we've all loved it. The wee yin trying to do the situps etc makes it great fun.

He's a bit Essex n that, but his heart's in the right place. Always comes across as a genuine lad ehen I see him on telly.

Cookbook is bobbins, but again right messaging. Terrible flavours though!

Not a fan , its basically a rehash of an older book with pretty pictures and a here folks coconut oil us the bomb btw , eat these meals , i promise you they are ok and exercise like this and thatll be a calorie deficit. Iv not given any info on these but trust me😏

He’s getting hundreds of thousands of kids exercising every morning.

No idea who he is or what he cooks but my kids seem to be enjoying what he’s doing.

I’ll take all the help I can when it comes to keeping the kids active and content during these grim times.

andyscott82

The most inspirational thing about Joe Wicks is that he managed to pull and knock up Rosie Jones, despite being such an utter wet wipe of a man. Gives hope to every guy out there that it’s possible to punch well above your weight. 

Grandkids have been following his exercises on YouTube.

I had no idea who he was, just thought he was a character out of EastEnders....

Edited by Wish

4 hours ago, Wish said:

Grandkids have been following his exercises on YouTube.

I had no idea who he was, just thought he was a character out of EastEnders....

The EastEnders guy is the one I thought about too 

Had to go and google him and still never heard of him but there again I’ve no kids and don’t do keep fit 

On 25/03/2020 at 07:21, ri Alban said:

Prick!

Did you see his jab cross kick thing he did , i was in ****ing stitches....Fun for the kids maybe but jesus h christ the boys a walloper. Was more out of breath than me and iv only got 2/3s of my lungs.....

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Did you see his jab cross kick thing he did , i was in ****ing stitches....Fun for the kids maybe but jesus h christ the boys a walloper. Was more out of breath than me and iv only got 2/3s of my lungs.....

I'll have a look. YouTube?

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Shoulder press knees up, thingy. :wtf:

Just now, ri Alban said:

Shoulder press knees up, thingy. :wtf:

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'll have a look. YouTube?

Unreal isnt it 

not a fan of his, but his kids workouts are motivating me to get a bit more active. i have only done one so far it was reasonable, i will keep it up hopefully.

46 minutes ago, sadj said:

As I understand it he's trying to get people who are in lockdown to do some exercise in their house with no equipment. He's not trying to train Floyd Mayweather.

Why is he a walloper?

7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

As I understand it he's trying to get people who are in lockdown to do some exercise in their house with no equipment. He's not trying to train Floyd Mayweather.

Why is he a walloper?

I am well aware of what he is doing during this. We are all doing the same. Iv done it for a few people on here. Doesn't mean you do things improperly just because its not Mayweather. I also said it is getting kids involved that however is the only good thing about him or his brand. Hes a grade A walloper......

Edited by sadj

On 24/03/2020 at 21:08, Cade said:

The Jamie Oliver of the gym world.

In both the good and the bad way.

Very good analogy. You can't argue with what he's trying to do but that doesn't take away from the fact he comes across as a bit of a tool. 

35 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

not a fan of his, but his kids workouts are motivating me to get a bit more active. i have only done one so far it was reasonable, i will keep it up hopefully.

Good man milky , stick at it , it will help your mental wellbeing during this. We should really be trying to help people with knowledge on gut health and mental well being links with food also throughout this to try and help them make good choices

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

I am well aware of what he is doing during this. We are all doing the same. Iv done it for a few people on here. Doesn't mean you do things improperly just because its not Mayweather. I also said it is getting kids involved that however is the only good thing about him or his brand. Hes a grade A walloper......

Fair enough, I've not watched anything he does, but he seems to have built a successful brand. 

26 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Fair enough, I've not watched anything he does, but he seems to have built a successful brand. 

All good , it was a fair question. 👍🏻 Didnt mean to sound like a dick in replying. Read back what i wrote and it could be taken like that. Certainly isnt meant in a bad way toward you 

27 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

There is a lass from Australia who has done an identical thing , essentially taken weightwatchers put her name on it and pushed it down peoples throats without ever explaining what she is doing or why just focussing on the , this is what you do , trust me it will work. 

There is hope in some parts that this will flush out some of the fakes and money grabbing people. Peoples health and well being should never be about that.

My son and his two kids are doing the work-outs and loving it. There is nothing wrong with keeping the kids active and away from the TV constantly. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

There is a lass from Australia who has done an identical thing , essentially taken weightwatchers put her name on it and pushed it down peoples throats without ever explaining what she is doing or why just focussing on the , this is what you do , trust me it will work. 

There is hope in some parts that this will flush out some of the fakes and money grabbing people. Peoples health and well being should never be about that.

In that case his success will have more to do with his presentation rather than his content, but that's the way with social media and YouTube, numbers of views is the only metric that matters.

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

In that case his success will have more to do with his presentation rather than his content, but that's the way with social media and YouTube, numbers of views is the only metric that matters.

Very much unfortunately 👍🏻

Governor Tarkin
15 hours ago, sadj said:

Didnt mean to sound like a dick in replying. 

Aye right. :seething:

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Get over yourself 

Get over yourself? Are you in the fitness world? No you are not , yet you have a pop at someone who is and has reasons for not liking the man. He is a prick , as explained to Fancy a Brew who understood the reasoning. Back and trolling people already. 😑

18 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye right. :seething:

😂😂😂 how you and the family coping with the necessary lunacy? 

Budgie's Boyfriend

I have not done any exercise in years , the rest of my family(all adults) started doing the workouts the other morning , I had a go yesterday morning , I can hardly walk this morning, legs are killing me 😁

Nookie Bear

The kids seem to like it and, although the techniques are probabkly niot perfect, if it gets kids on their feet running, jumping and punching the aire, thenit's all good in the end.

I sense some people will always have a problem with guys who are not the bet in their field but have managed to take advatange of the business to create a very succesful niche for themselves.

Met him at an event a couple of years ago. Asked him to take a photo of a pal and myself, he stormed off when he was asked why he's getting in the picture. 

Neither of us had any idea who he was until we were asked what we were talking to "the body coach" about.... safe to say we were well sauced at the time. 

Fair play to him for trying to get people up and active on the daily. 

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I like Joe Wicks the seethe and jealously he triggers in some, makes me giggle.

The Jamies Oliver of the fitness industry is a good description of the guy,. However, you rarely need to be the best at something to be successful. He has exploited a niche in the market by making fitness relatable and fun for a certain demographic. Made a fortune off it whilst a the same time using his platform to encourage improved lifestyle to the masses. He’s pulling in over 1M+ for live PE classes for the kids.

The guys is ‘smashing’ it. Haters going to hate, I guess.

Pretty much.

Folk on here seething about some of the exercises he’s doing. Like 8 year old kids will care. :rofl: 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

The kids seem to like it and, although the techniques are probabkly niot perfect, if it gets kids on their feet running, jumping and punching the aire, thenit's all good in the end.

I sense some people will always have a problem with guys who are not the bet in their field but have managed to take advatange of the business to create a very succesful niche for themselves.

And this again.

Jambo 4 Ever
9 hours ago, sadj said:

Get over yourself? Are you in the fitness world? No you are not , yet you have a pop at someone who is and has reasons for not liking the man. He is a prick , as explained to Fancy a Brew who understood the reasoning. Back and trolling people already. 😑

He is not a prick - he has done more than most in here for all the people trying to keep fit at home so will just have to agree to disagree 

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

He is not a prick - he has done more than most in here for all the people trying to keep fit at home so will just have to agree to disagree 

To keep fit you need to do the correct things.

He has got kids active during this he is sure as **** not getting people fit at home in the way you suggest. 

If you don’t know about a subject keep schtuum when it comes to giving people abuse on it ie @ri Alban who did not deserve your response ya wee troll. 

Joe Wicks has made a brand out of someone elses ideas and he does not give you proper info to do what you need to. That to anyone in the game is a prick a self righteous one who is more interested in money than people....

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

As for doing more than most. That is utter bollox. He has a platform a lot of us dont and a reach a lot of us don’t however I will tell you now there is hundreds of thousands of fitness people who are helping others in ways he doesn’t and wouldn’t throughout this. 

KyleLafferty

His recipes are high in calories and his workouts are murder 👍🏻
Good what he’s doing for kids though.

Edited by KyleLafferty
Update

7 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

His recipes are high in calories and his workouts are murder 👍🏻
Good what he’s doing for kids though.

Exactly

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

I would just like to add I think he is a prick too

I rate this comment highly