Cure for Football Withdrawal Symptoms

Deodato

Imagine a greatest hits of album tracks, not the singles.

That's the purpose of this thread. Hit up YouTube with classic games from any league/any season/any country that you always treasure. Stay clear from the obvious. Not the finals, not the trophy winning climaxes to league campaigns, no - we need those special games that came out of the blue and stuck in the memory bank forever. Also, the link needs to be 20 minutes minimum so we get a decent hit given the withdrawal symptoms. If I may go first,  here's a 25 minute high-def footage of Liverpool v Arsenal from 2001/02. I watched this  in the Antiquary on St Stephen Street and the entire boozer was captivated by what was happening on screen. Take a bow, Robert Pires - you gave the Oxford English Dictionary a new definition to describe the word 'masterclass'. 

Deodato

Absolutely need to have the 2014 World Cup semi between Brazil and Germany - still unbelievable to this day!

Edit: Found it!

Edited by BRY

49 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Just think what Ann would say about all those flares on the pitch :interehjrling:

As I recall, UEFA had quite a bit to say. 3-0 forfeit and about 6 matches behind closed doors?

Pure passion, shame they never had auld Rod to trot out the old “over exuberant” excuse

Nice to see some England v Scotland gems getting tossed into the ring - I can live with this virus now. 

Keep 'em coming. 

1 minute ago, Deodato said:

Nice to see some England v Scotland gems getting tossed into the ring - I can live with this virus now. 

Keep 'em coming. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The Dutch were so so close

That was the game where the Argentinian military general walked into the Dutch dressing room before kick off. 

Presumably not to say "may the best team win"

No, it's not scenes from a supermarket 

'The battle of Santiago'

and the rematch highlights 

Edited by Mikey1874

I'm willing to take any abuse for this. BUT Sport Relief last week did a VAR review. Next realised second goal was offside.

39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Carlos Alberto's goal to make it 4 is my favourite goal of all time.

Skippy Doodle

Here is a European Super Cup Match from 1989 or 1990 between Milan & Barcelona - picked this as a certain ex Hearts player plays for Milan (White shirt number 2)

7 hours ago, Boris said:

Argentina v Romania 94 world cup.

My all time favourite non Hearts game, a phenomenal exhibition. Those mullets though 😳