Levein’s Credibility

Paisley Jambo

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Football was good though, season 05/06 was the best football i have watched from a Hearts team.

For a few months at least. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• graygo

• Ex member of the SaS

• Last Laff

On 24/03/2020 at 10:45, martoon said:

Oh, I don't know, bud. He made me laugh. 

:4_1_72:

Levein a loss to football. 

:lol: 

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The whole season was great tbh. 

Oddly enough, it could have been a lot better. 😎

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Oddly enough, it could have been a lot better. 😎

Cheated against celtic at tynecastle, nothing new in this though, 

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Cheated against celtic at tynecastle, nothing new in this though, 

Confused by this at first. Then I realised you meant “we were cheated...”

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Confused by this at first. Then I realised you meant “we were cheated...”

Was our left back sent off, think thats what happened, turned the game in their favour.

17 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Was our left back sent off, think thats what happened, turned the game in their favour.

Takis was indeed sent off and surprise surprise the red card was later rescinded!

davemclaren
2 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

Takis was indeed sent off and surprise surprise the red card was later rescinded!

If only we had VAR then. 

On 23/03/2020 at 08:09, Dazo said:

Haven’t seen the latest but it’s really disappointing that CL hasn’t done the right thing and walked away. I’m surprised and embarrassed for him. 

I am not surprised Levein is hanging around - not surprised in the least! He’s not a Hearts man - he’s a Levein man!

Ex member of the SaS
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I am not surprised Levein is hanging around - not surprised in the least! He’s not a Hearts man - he’s a Levein man!

I said this at the start and was hounded for it, How times change. From only a few calling him out to virtually all Hearts fans wanting him gone. Just a shame it took so long, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Can't see Budge being daft enough to try and keep him on after his contract expires, but wouldn't put it past her. Their bond is very strong.

14 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I said this at the start and was hounded for it, How times change. From only a few calling him out to virtually all Hearts fans wanting him gone. Just a shame it took so long, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Can't see Budge being daft enough to try and keep him on after his contract expires, but wouldn't put it past her. Their bond is very strong.

This has always been at the back of my mind after she removed him from the Head Coach position but still retained him on the staff.

I know people on here saying he was still under contract and we had to pay him etc, etc and we couldn't afford to get rid immediately.

It's a bit like politics though keep someone who has done soemthing unpopular in the background for a while and people quickly forget about them and then suddenly a resurgence.

I really, really hope she is not that loyal or dare I say "stupid" enough to ever employ him again in any capacity. If she does then she will deserve all the flack she will get.

John mcCartney
18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Their bond is very strong.

Im not sure chief,surely not now.
I reckon she feels like shit as re whats happened,has to even if she is complicit .Majorly let down and perceived as being made a fool of etc after a sterling early period at Hmfc.
He`s made a total James ****ing Hunt of it and and dragged his confidante down with him.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, John mcCartney said:

I reckon she feels like shit as re whats happened,has to even if she is complicit .Majorly let down and perceived as being made a fool of etc after a sterling early period at Hmfc.
He`s made a total James ****ing Hunt of it and and dragged his confidante down with him.

Agree he has done her in. I have always supported her but some of the lies and strange decisions have me doubting that loyalty.

The biggest lie was they couldn't find the right candidate ( even though some had applied and not interviewed,)  suddenly found the right manager even though Levein didn't want the job. Later confirmed it was Levein that stated he would do both jobs. 

Just have to hope the right course is taken and he leaves.

54 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hard to argue with that at this stage. 

On 26/03/2020 at 12:15, wavydavy said:

This has always been at the back of my mind after she removed him from the Head Coach position but still retained him on the staff.

I know people on here saying he was still under contract and we had to pay him etc, etc and we couldn't afford to get rid immediately.

It's a bit like politics though keep someone who has done soemthing unpopular in the background for a while and people quickly forget about them and then suddenly a resurgence.

I really, really hope she is not that loyal or dare I say "stupid" enough to ever employ him again in any capacity. If she does then she will deserve all the flack she will get.

Even if, come Summer, he's no longer a Hearts employee, he will still have Ann Budge's ear. She will always rely on and take his advice, imo. 

To be fully rid of Levein, and his toxic input, we must also be fully rid of Ann. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Even if, come Summer, he's no longer a Hearts employee, he will still have Ann Budge's ear. She will always rely on and take his advice, imo. 

To be fully rid of Levein, and his toxic input, we must also be fully rid of Ann. 

Probably very true unfortuantely.

On 26/03/2020 at 08:46, ollie2004 said:

Tbf it didn't really need VAR to know it was a bad call. The SFA were never going to allow Hearts to win the title.

Still a TEDIOUS thread with posts from the same TEDIOUS posters saying the same thing OVER and OVER again. It really is time to move on.

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Still a TEDIOUS thread with posts from the same TEDIOUS posters saying the same thing OVER and OVER again. It really is time to move on

None more so than Levein. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, martoon said:

None more so than Levein. 

I wish both of them would move on, neither have any conception of how unpopular they are and how much nonsense they spout.

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I raise a smile every time I read this thread title :laugh:

An oxymoron if there ever was one.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wish both of them would move on, neither have any conception of how unpopular they are and how much nonsense they spout.

True, bud.

It's actually HMFC who need to move on from the many who've overseen these last 3 years. Shocking that most are still hanging around in some capacity. 50% wage cut, or not.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, martoon said:

True, bud.

It's actually HMFC who need to move on from the many who've overseen these last 3 years. Shocking that most are still hanging around in some capacity. 50% wage cut, or not.

Indeed.

On 26/03/2020 at 12:22, John mcCartney said:

I don’t get the impression that she feels particularly bad about the situation other than the damage to her ego. 

She only got rid of Levein at the point where it was completely necessary due to fan pressure. Even then she seemed to resent doing so and worked it in a way that she could keep him around the place. 

I think it’s clear that it’s been her way or the highway for a long time and she’s made a James hunt of it herself, with a lot of the credit going to Craig Levein and his band of diddies of course.

A tiny bit of humility or awareness from her would have seen us in a much better position than the one we are currently in. Instead she’s just carried on overseeing a complete car crash, making sure that those close to her make fortunes from our pledges. 

I’m grateful that she came in and fronted the money when she did, but I look forward to the day we can have a mass clear out at the club and start rebuilding in the right way with competent people being held accountable for their output. 

East Lothian Jambo
11 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

I don’t get the impression that she feels particularly bad about the situation other than the damage to her ego. 

She only got rid of Levein at the point where it was completely necessary due to fan pressure. Even then she seemed to resent doing so and worked it in a way that she could keep him around the place. 

I think it’s clear that it’s been her way or the highway for a long time and she’s made a James hunt of it herself, with a lot of the credit going to Craig Levein and his band of diddies of course.

A tiny bit of humility or awareness from her would have seen us in a much better position than the one we are currently in. Instead she’s just carried on overseeing a complete car crash, making sure that those close to her make fortunes from our pledges. 

I’m grateful that she came in and fronted the money when she did, but I look forward to the day we can have a mass clear out at the club and start rebuilding in the right way with competent people being held accountable for their output. 

Turning off the income tap would've caused us severe pain irrespective of how we were performing 

Levein has zero credibility now in the eyes of majority of Hearts fans 

Budge can't be held responsible for the current situation.  She can be held fully responsible for last 3 years. She didn't want Levein to go. Had it not been for this crisis we would've almost certainly been relegated.  That's basically gross incompetence and she will need to go at the first viable opportunity 

2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Still a TEDIOUS thread with posts from the same TEDIOUS posters saying the same thing OVER and OVER again. It really is time to move on.

Oh the irony of that post! 😂

Mr Elwood P
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Move on? Now there is an idea!

Embarrassing thread, in the context of current global events .... 

Randy Marsh
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It is an embarrassing thread.  Very embarrassing we have to discuss the fact the serial loser is still leaching a wage from the club.  Very embarrassing he only took a 50% pay cut and not 100%.  Embarrassing he is getting paid for doing nothing during these challenging times.

6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Oh the irony of that post! 😂

You’re spot on there Shomato, an utter bore that boy is. Actually I’m sure Spotato is Craig Levein.

How is this man still at the club in this situation.

Has he any conscience whatsoever ? 

50% wage cut what is he actually doing Anne ? 

This women is an absolute disgrace to this club wants everyone to take a pay cut yet these imposters are still at the club no wonder the players are pissed off. 

Anne budge you have destroyed your reputation with this idiot 

Glad I got that out feel better now 🤔

Edited by NB GIN

Relax guys. He’s only got one more months salary to collect, or two months on  50% salary for April and May. He’ll be gone soon enough without a ball being kicked and won’t be able to inflict any further damage for now. 

Given the length of second time around he’s been here, then I’m not going to lose any 5h1t about him any longer. We will be entering a new dawn without him when we get back to playing.

In light of this pandemic and with nothing to spend money on other than food and utilities, then I upped my pledge by 40%. In the likelihood that come the 1st June, the charlatan is still in the building, then I may suspend or postpone my pledge till he’s gone as I feel I’d get more value pissing this money up against a wall. Surely common sense will prevail to our board? 

Any way countdown it is. If he walks at midnight on the 31st May then he will have the following left; 

64 days 

1,536 hours 

92,160 minutes 

5,529600 seconds left and counting

take your pick? 

Once we get going again then I actually feel this pandemic will be beneficial to the club In the long run with being able to wipe the slate clean and start again from afresh. 

Stay safe jambos and have a nice weekend 🇱🇻

HHGH

12 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

EVERY football related thread is embarrassing in the context of global events....

It should have been ten
20 hours ago, Spoleto said:

:spoton:

21 hours ago, Spoleto said:

I find it more than a little ironic that we have a poster saying that "the same TEDIOUS posters saying the same thing OVER and OVER again".

Unfortunately it seems to be a reflection of the intelligence of many of "the same TEDIOUS posters saying the same thing OVER and OVER again".

So in conclusion I wish that "the same TEDIOUS posters saying the same thing OVER and OVER again" would STFU once in a while and give their fingers a chance to recover from battering their computer keyboards.

John mcCartney

21 hours ago, The Fonz said:

Totally agree with the post chief,was just giving her a tiny bit of sympathy for her initial predicament from myself earlier .
Ultimately however she is as complicit as the man with the well paid belly and tracksuit combo.
Not only is the playing side been questionable but the build costs of the stand has stank the place out too.

We deserve better.

Edited by John mcCartney

24 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I find it more than a little ironic that we have a poster saying that "the same TEDIOUS posters saying the same thing OVER and OVER again".

Unfortunately it seems to be a reflection of the intelligence of many of "the same TEDIOUS posters saying the same thing OVER and OVER again".

So in conclusion I wish that "the same TEDIOUS posters saying the same thing OVER and OVER again" would STFU once in a while and give their fingers a chance to recover from battering their computer keyboards.

:biglaugh:

Randy Marsh
5 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Relax guys. He’s only got one more months salary to collect, or two months on  50% salary for April and May. He’ll be gone soon enough without a ball being kicked and won’t be able to inflict any further damage for now. 

Given the length of second time around he’s been here, then I’m not going to lose any 5h1t about him any longer. We will be entering a new dawn without him when we get back to playing.

In light of this pandemic and with nothing to spend money on other than food and utilities, then I upped my pledge by 40%. In the likelihood that come the 1st June, the charlatan is still in the building, then I may suspend or postpone my pledge till he’s gone as I feel I’d get more value pissing this money up against a wall. Surely common sense will prevail to our board? 

Any way countdown it is. If he walks at midnight on the 31st May then he will have the following left; 

64 days 

1,536 hours 

92,160 minutes 

5,529600 seconds left and counting

take your pick? 

Once we get going again then I actually feel this pandemic will be beneficial to the club In the long run with being able to wipe the slate clean and start again from afresh. 

Stay safe jambos and have a nice weekend 🇱🇻

HHGH

That's really good of you mate. Top stuff. PHM.  I wonder how much Levein donates to the FOH every month?  Maybe one of his good chums on this thread might know? 

33 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

That's really good of you mate. Top stuff. PHM.  I wonder how much Levein donates to the FOH every month?  Maybe one of his good chums on this thread might know

They wouldn't be able to tell us. We detractors have already had a chiding that discussing Levein is inappropriate at this time and how disgraceful this thread is.

Surely that applies to them too? 

Ex member of the SaS

It never ceases to amaze me that there are still some who revere him. They can't understand the depth of hurt he has done to our club, the money wasted on duff players. The poor tactics  ( defending a one goal lead ) and even stranger substitutions. No matter how big a player he was, he has destroyed every bit of hero worship,. Refusing to play in the biggest game of the season, running away to Leicester, then worming his way in and dumping the Championship winning team. Too many bad points that his playing days are null and void.

The club is not C Levein even though he thought it was his to play with. Legend my back side.