Levein’s Credibility

Paisley Jambo

Smoked-Glass
10 hours ago, Paisley Jambo said:

He has gone from a well respected player to, in my opinion, a complete and utter stain on our club. 

I’d rather not feel this way but due to his inept management of our club from December 2016 to October 2019 and the arrogant I know best way it was done, followed by the lack of self respect show in not walking away when moved sideways by his no.1 cheerleader.

I do realise that this is not a universal opinion.

Levein would gain a lot back in my eyes by letting it be known he was leaving club immediately to save the club money or doing what he does for free.

He won’t be short of a few bob.

Come on a Levein, do the right thing and at the same time win some credibility back.

December 2016??  We were fine at that point and beat celtic 4-0 near end of 2017.   Had a great start to 2018/19 season with 100% record till end of September - got cup final that year. 

Just pointing out it wasn't all bad and he was better than Cathro. 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• graygo

• Ex member of the SaS

• Last Laff

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

So how good a player is, and how much he contributes to the team, purely depends on how many trophies he wins.

I must admit that it would probably be nicer to view the world in such black and white terms. A much simpler world it certainly would be.

Yes, yes it is.  He was a great defender but that’s about it.  He’s totally ****ed the club over in the here and now so that’s forgotten unless there was a cup win as captain or such. 

4 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

December 2016??  We were fine at that point and beat celtic 4-0 near end of 2017.   Had a great start to 2018/19 season with 100% record till end of September - got cup final that year. 

Just pointing out it wasn't all bad and he was better than Cathro. 

That's right and a bit of balance is important.  The bad though has massively outweighed the good imo.

I entirely agree with the poster who wishes AB had turned to JJ at the outset.  Had we got him, I would guarantee we would have got Rudi as well.

Win win.

Scott980612
2 hours ago, OTT said:

What credibility?

The man's inability to run a professional outfit led to our relegation barring intervention from a global pandemic causing an international shut down. 

He hired jobs for the boys, surrounded himself with inexperienced yes men. 

His scouting/ player turnover was so bad people are genuinely asking if he was getting paid to take some of the players. 

Despite being assured by Budge that 'Craig will know himself when he needs to walk away' it just about took a crowbar to get him out the ****ing office. 

Now he continues to take a wage despite A.) Not being wanted, B.) No longer contributing in any meaningful way.

What ****ing credibility? An absolute charlatan who has set the footballing department back years. 

This 100%

Hectormasson
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Craig Levein has lost all credibility for what has happened at Hearts. Him and Ann Budge have almost run us into the ground. 

The fact he and Austin are still taking a wage from us is absolutely disgusting tbh. Both of them should have been launched. 

Almost ??

Malinga the Swinga
9 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

The gambling debt rumour is a Hibernian fantasy and anyone on here giving air to it should be ashamed of themselves.

There are plenty other genuine reasons to have a go at him, but that's not one of them.

Why would the trolls let facts get in the way of having their usual digs.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It says active, how are they not trading and where did the profits from the concert and the pub go? Why would you set up a company and not trade? 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did it make profits?

You're welcome to pay the fee to access the full accounts if you wish. Here's a link to a previous thread on the issue.

4 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Indeed.  It's gutting that Ann Budge never turned to Jim Jeffries back in 2014 instead.  He was the perfect man for the role.  We would be thriving right now had she done so.  JJ is a top bloke and and an actual Hearts legend.  Levein on the other hand is a serial loser, with a huge ego and holds grudges against people.  Big mistake.

Absolutely spot on! 👍

5 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Indeed.  It's gutting that Ann Budge never turned to Jim Jeffries back in 2014 instead.  He was the perfect man for the role.  We would be thriving right now had she done so.  JJ is a top bloke and and an actual Hearts legend.  Levein on the other hand is a serial loser, with a huge ego and holds grudges against people.  Big mistake.

JJ's style of play I think would be a concern. However, I'd 100% take him as a voice of sanity on the board. Ultimately, football is football and his understanding and insight and experience into the game would have been an excellent source of information/ sounding board for Budge. Some sort of advisory position would be very much welcomed I think. Even if it was via the foundation. 

Hugely disappointing we stuck all our eggs in one basket and this is where we find ourselves. 

Important that we learn from it and make sure no single person is given such control over the clubs direction again. There needs to be balance and one overriding view can be hugely detrimental. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

JJ's style of play I think would be a concern. However, I'd 100% take him as a voice of sanity on the board. Ultimately, football is football and his understanding and insight and experience into the game would have been an excellent source of information/ sounding board for Budge. Some sort of advisory position would be very much welcomed I think. Even if it was via the foundation. 

Hugely disappointing we stuck all our eggs in one basket and this is where we find ourselves. 

Important that we learn from it and make sure no single person is given such control over the clubs direction again. There needs to be balance and one overriding view can be hugely detrimental. 

No being funny mate but JJ's 97/98 team played the best football I've ever seen Hearts play by a Country mile. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, graygo said:

You're welcome to pay the fee to access the full accounts if you wish. Here's a link to a previous thread on the issue.

I won’t bother thanks for the thread it’s explained it a little, but even his biggest fan must query why Hearts would start a company, leave it dormant (it says active). So who makes any profit or loss from the events or the bar? It’s ok I don’t need the answers, I know he’s a money driven selfish charlatan who will shortly be gone forever, not a minute too soon.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Ally mcCoist 2.0

Yeah he doesn’t do walking away . . . . without a pay off.

16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Levein has lost all credibility not only with the Hearts support but with most of Scottish football.

Craig Levein should of done the honourable thing and walked away from Hearts after the Cathro 

disaster and never of taken the managers job. Levein had always said he never wanted the managers 

job and yet he accepted the position and the reason I believe was CONTROL. After Ann Budge had 

stated that the next manager had to be an experienced manager Levein knew he’d lose the control 

he had enjoyed over Neilson and Cathro. Yes Levein managed to pull the wool over Ann Budges eyes 

for far too long but in no time at all the fans found him to be out of his depth. He has ended up being 

a despised figure around Tynecastle and Riccarton these days which is a sad situation that he has 

caused himself.

Levein WAS and NEVER IS, going to walk away from a cushy number that pays thousands every month, period!  He knows where his bread is buttered and there’s not exactly a clamour for his services outside of EH11. He’s hanging on until  the bitter end.

In some macabre way, without him becoming our glorious manager and illustrious leader,  then he’d still be around for years to come. The fact that he’s made a total James Hunt of the whole footballing department from, scouting (JM) recruitment, long term contracts and over inflated salaries, woeful performances and now almost relegation, then this has led to us being finally able to get rid of him once and for all. Our most prized asset Hickey, who will leave us shortly, is on peanuts and then non triers like Sammon, Damour and Martin were put on long term deals and picking up decent wages for years. The man is a total fraud and it’s now taken 5 years and hundreds of thousands of pounds later, for AB to suss him out. 

Had he not accepted the managers role, he’d still be the DOF and working AB up the back and would still be around for years to come. We’d probably have ended up with another  Daly or Fox type boot room manager or some other Levein lackey type yes men, with which he could mentor like cathro until we imploded again. Then he’d tell us all how he never influenced or picked the team and leave the new inexperienced manager to face the wrath of all and sundry.

CL is a charlatan and a coward. A man lacking in moral fibre and double standards (see Jack Ross).  We should never have taken him back after he deserted us for Leicester as a leopard doesn’t change its spots. He probably thought he was Teflon and HMFC was his pension.

The mad prophet Billy Davies, was right about him and our club given the autonomous nature in which CL and not AB ruled the roost.

This whole sorry five year episode feels like Deja Vu and we are just going into administration again and we are back where we started from. 

I for one am glad he was given enough rope in which to hang himself as It won’t be long now till we are free from his shackles and the green shoots of recovery will be very much maroon again.

HHGH 🇱🇻

Edited by Saughton Jambo

11 hours ago, OTT said:

Seriously - J J's style of play a concern???. Some of the best attacking players to play for Hearts in my lifetime were in J J's team around the 1998 cup final. Awesome - a team and day I will never forget.😎   Compare it to the Levein era........

Rick Sanchez

I've had a look but I can't find the article. When he was first appointed as director of football he said he probably wouldn't see out the 5 year plan, but would like to put the foundations in place, as an offer from England might be too good to turn down.

Hope to never see him near our club again after May 31st.

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

No being funny mate but JJ's 97/98 team played the best football I've ever seen Hearts play by a Country mile. 

I'm not saying he played shit football, JJ is known for 'route 1' direct football with 2 up top. 442 isn't really a formation many clubs play with. Football is moving on and I'm not sure it would be fair to expect him to become the sporting director if the manager is intent on playing a different style of football. You need the DOF & Manager to work as a team and be on each others wavelength. 

I think if we want to marry up the first team with youth development we need a sporting director and manager who are singing from the same hymn sheet. I think it would be difficult to attract higher quality youngsters if the ball spends 70% of the game in the air. 

I think his wealth of experience could be excellent in an advisory capacity to make sure the board aren't being hoodwinked by another loser and to explain elements of football and why things are the way they are to the board. I think Budges biggest error was failing to bring in another set of eyes. She admits she knows little about football so was 100% reliant on Leveins experience. Going forward splitting that reliance on two people with no personal connection between each other should mean greater accountability about poor decisions. 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Levein WAS and NEVER IS, going to walk away from a cushy number that pays thousands every month, period!  He knows where his bread is buttered and there’s not exactly a clamour for his services outside of EH11. He’s hanging on until  the bitter end.

In some macabre way, without him becoming our glorious manager and illustrious leader,  then he’d still be around for years to come. The fact that he’s made a total James Hunt of the whole footballing department from, scouting (JM) recruitment, long term contracts and over inflated salaries, woeful performances and now almost relegation, then this has led to us being finally able to get rid of him once and for all. Our most prized asset Hickey, who will leave us shortly, is on peanuts and then non triers like Sammon, Damour and Martin were put on long term deals and picking up decent wages for years. The man is a total fraud and it’s now taken 5 years and hundreds of thousands of pounds later, for AB to suss him out. 

Had he not accepted the managers role, he’d still be the DOF and working AB up the back and would still be around for years to come. We’d probably have ended up with another  Daly or Fox type boot room manager or some other Levein lackey type yes men, with which he could mentor like cathro until we imploded again. Then he’d tell us all how he never influenced or picked the team and leave the new inexperienced manager to face the wrath of all and sundry.

CL is a charlatan and a coward. A man lacking in moral fibre and double standards (see Jack Ross).  We should never have taken him back after he deserted us for Leicester as a leopard doesn’t change its spots. He probably thought he was Teflon and HMFC was his pension.

The mad prophet Billy Davies, was right about him and our club given the autonomous nature in which CL and not AB ruled the roost.

This whole sorry five year episode feels like Deja Vu and we are just going into administration again and we are back where we started from. 

I for one am glad he was given enough rope in which to hang himself as It won’t be long now till we are free from his shackles and the green shoots of recovery will be very much maroon again.

HHGH 🇱🇻

Post  of the year contender 👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn

McPhee pisses me off even more than Levein. At least Levein was a fine player for us and a decent manager first time round. McPhee is a proper imposter.

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

HHGH 🇱🇻

Good post

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I won’t bother thanks for the thread it’s explained it a little, but even his biggest fan must query why Hearts would start a company, leave it dormant (it says active). So who makes any profit or loss from the events or the bar? It’s ok I don’t need the answers, I know he’s a money driven selfish charlatan who will shortly be gone forever, not a minute too soon.

Let me put your mind at ease and save you the bother of reading up on it and just guessing 

All profits or losses from the bar and events goes to Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McPhee pisses me off even more than Levein. At least Levein was a fine player for us and a decent manager first time round. McPhee is a proper imposter.

Who is highly regarded by AB and others in management. No secret that AM and CL don't like each other and even more so now. I think AM will be retained but CL will go when his contract expires. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, graygo said:

Let me put your mind at ease and save you the bother of reading up on it and just guessing 

All profits or losses from the bar and events goes to Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Seems a bit of a strange way to do this but that’s business for you. Here’s hoping there was plenty of profits to pay your pal Levein.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

HHGH 🇱🇻

Great post and quite scary that Billy Davies has him sussed.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Seems a bit of a strange way to do this but that’s business for you. Here’s hoping there was plenty of profits to pay your pal Levein.

My pal?

He's not my pal, never even met the guy.

I just refuse to have a pathological hatred for someone just because they were shite at their job.

Edited by graygo

Pasquale for King
Just now, graygo said:

My pal?

He's not my pal, never even met the guy.

You’ve defended him non stop even after saying he should’ve went at the end of last season, and still do it now. 
Can you ever accept or agree that he’s is the main reason we are in this awful position?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You’ve defended him non stop even after saying he should’ve went at the end of last season, and still do it now. 
Can you ever accept or agree that he’s is the main reason we are in this awful position?

See my edit which I must have made after your post.

I'm not sure I said he should have went at the end of last season, I felt he should have got the first round of fixtures. For the avoidance of doubt, I want him away from the club completely, the fact he isn't has no bearing on whether he gets profits from events or Bar 1874.

Most of the hatred graygo is not that he was shite at his job,various other managers have been in the same boat.the hatred comes from the man's morals,He must know in his heart of hearts that he is hurting the club and winding up the support by staying

Just now, Kev1998 said:

Most of the hatred graygo is not that he was shite at his job,various other managers have been in the same boat.the hatred comes from the man's morals,He must know in his heart of hearts that he is hurting the club and winding up the support by staying

What is it he is doing exactly that is hurting the club?

As for winding the support up, forget about him. He's not had a single quote attributed to him for months as far as I can tell. He's simply not relevant anymore.

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, graygo said:

See my edit which I must have made after your post.

I'm not sure I said he should have went at the end of last season, I felt he should have got the first round of fixtures. For the avoidance of doubt, I want him away from the club completely, the fact he isn't has no bearing on whether he gets profits from events or Bar 1874.

I do hate him for what he’s done to the club and is still doing, taking wages for doing nothing, no matter where the money comes from (profits from pub etc being part of what pays him after all). 
You still won’t accept or agree to the harm he’s done, just that he should go from the club completely after giving him longer than any other failure would’ve got. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Who is highly regarded by AB and others in management. No secret that AM and CL don't like each other and even more so now. I think AM will be retained but CL will go when his contract expires. 

AB’s opinion of anyone in football is irrelevant. She knows very little about the game.

McPhee is a joke.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I do hate him for what he’s done to the club and is still doing, taking wages for doing nothing, no matter where the money comes from (profits from pub etc being part of what pays him after all). 
You still won’t accept or agree to the harm he’s done, just that he should go from the club completely after giving him longer than any other failure would’ve got. 

That last part - not true.

Will this help you sleep at night.

Craig Levein has done untold harm to our club despite his best efforts to make the club successful. He should have left the club long before he did with the benefit of hindsight. I backed him longer than most did, that's what I do when it comes to Hearts. I'll probably do the same with Stendel when others are screaming for him to be sacked.

44 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

AB’s opinion of anyone in football is irrelevant. She knows very little about the game.

McPhee is a joke.

AB has been CEO of Hearts for nearly 6 years, why do people like you keep saying that she has little knowledge of the game?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

That last part - not true.

Will this help you sleep at night.

Craig Levein has done untold harm to our club despite his best efforts to make the club successful. He should have left the club long before he did with the benefit of hindsight. I backed him longer than most did, that's what I do when it comes to Hearts. I'll probably do the same with Stendel when others are screaming for him to be sacked.

When, they already are shouting for his head. 
I will sleep better when Levein is gone.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
27 minutes ago, graygo said:

AB has been CEO of Hearts for nearly 6 years, why do people like you keep saying that she has little knowledge of the game?

Because of the blinding amounts of evidence 

17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because of the blinding amounts of evidence 

Evidence that she knows very little about the game? I disagree.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, graygo said:

In a word ... her loyalty to Levein. Well 5 words

8 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

HHGH 🇱🇻

Spot on but what if Ann Budge keeps him on when his DOF & Manager contract ends. If he were to 

stay i could see a backlash like the time Robinson wanted to sell Tynecastle. With Ann Budge in 

charge nothing would surprise me.

32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Spot on but what if Ann Budge keeps him on when his DOF & Manager contract ends. If he were to 

stay i could see a backlash like the time Robinson wanted to sell Tynecastle. With Ann Budge in 

Not a chance in hell she will. She may have made mistakes but she has more sense than that.

24 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I take AB to be a very astute woman and if she persists with this charlatan after 5 years of underperforming misery, coupled with a mountain of debt, then she needs to follow him out the door. I really don’t think she’s that stupid but if she does this, it’ll split the club and many sponsors and benefactors will think twice. 

I for one, along with many other like minded businessmen who contribute into HMFC coffers,  have let their feelings be known regarding the needless waste of resources. 

Ann has unfinished business at Tynecastle and imo she won’t walk out the door until she’s achieved her aim and her goals. I’d be more surprised about her retaining the services of failed manager Craig Levein than I would if my shit turned bright purple and grew hair! 

13 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

In a word this thread is ......... TEDIOUS.

In a word your contribution is.....

TEDIOUS.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

In a word your contribution is.....

TEDIOUS.

He is an expert after all.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

In a word ... her loyalty to Levein. Well 5 words

2 shots you had to get that right and you still couldn't count to 4.

The Future's Maroon

Maybe folk don’t know the whole story, ever thought about that?