Levein’s Credibility

Paisley Jambo

2 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Why would you post that unless you knew it was fact? Should be ashamed of yourself.

Wait for The Sun exclusive on Monday morning.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• graygo

• Ex member of the SaS

• Last Laff

4 hours ago, Paisley Jambo said:

He has gone from a well respected player to, in my opinion, a complete and utter stain on our club. 

I’d rather not feel this way but due to his inept management of our club from December 2016 to October 2019 and the arrogant I know best way it was done, followed by the lack of self respect show in not walking away when moved sideways by his no.1 cheerleader.

I do realise that this is not a universal opinion.

Levein would gain a lot back in my eyes by letting it be known he was leaving club immediately to save the club money or doing what he does for free.

He won’t be short of a few bob.

Come on a Levein, do the right thing and at the same time win some credibility back.

It should be a universal opinion. I never want to see him set foot in Tynecastle ever again. 

26 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Didn’t see him play so have always thought he was an arrogant *****. Good derby record but an absolute serial loser. Ruined any sort of good reputation he had at the club. 

I've said it before, in his playing days Levein was easily among the best centre halfs in Scotland, every bit as good as Gough for oldco.

Ex member of the SaS

Add to his disastrous signing record he is also a liar.

He said: "I just laughed when I saw those comments. There were never any notes passed, trust me. That's not true.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-chief-craig-levein-says-10528900

Well I must have been seeing things when I watched LIVE TV.

East Lothian Jambo
20 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I've said it before, in his playing days Levein was easily among the best centre halfs in Scotland, every bit as good as Gough for oldco.

Every bit as good. Perhaps even better 

His pace for a big lad playing centre half was frightening. Could've played for anyone in the UK 

Talk of Spurs at the time of first injury.  Even after sustaining the second knee injury he was still a top player and played at World Cup 

Successive third place finishes in first spell was a very good achievement.  Notable when you consider he was managing down a wage bill that had spiralled after the SMG splurge under Jefferies. He was poor at Leicester but there is no shame in that.  We struggled consistently against his United side who were a very good side of his creation 

This has ended in disaster though. Which is a shame because he has given many years of service to this club

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I heard he couldn't leave as AB was effectively bailing him out due to large gambling debts. Probably completely false mind you.

I get the impression the more recent stories about a further gambling debt pay out, following the announcement that staff were being asked to reduce their income by 50%, are probably made up. But I do believe what I was told way back now that an old, large gambling debt he had then had been paid out as a lump sum.

26 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not having a go Busby but was there not something a few years ago about him always being in the bookies in Dunfermline ( or somewhere around there )

No idea. My point I think is valid. Every time we have a falling out with a manager or they leave, do something daft, these types of rumours surface. Think it’s a tad unfair. 

Paisley Jambo
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

According to the bbc he has taken a 50% cut. 

I’d rather he had walked or offered to ‘work’ for nothing. We should m  as me him count and clean training cones.

Hectormasson
31 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

After his playing career he lost the legend status when he ran away down south. The man is a leech and should have the decency to do the right thing and walk. He caused this ( although Budge has to take some of the blame, but maybe gets a pass due to not knowing football and putting all her eggs in one basket ) His waste of money from the first minute of taking control and dumping the Championship winning team. A team that would have been the back bone of a progressive team, building for the top of the Premiership. A team that only needed a tweek here and there to gradually improve the team season on season. But NO he dumped every one of them in a very off handed fashion.

It's the love in for him that sickens me, as you and many others can't see the REAL damage he has done to this club since the glory days of winning the hardest Championship EVER !

Didnt like him first time around,,should never had been given a second chance, !absolute loser#1

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

According to the bbc he has taken a 50% cut. 

So we've saved money by keeping him on, great stuff.

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Does that mean that if a club gets rid of a manager or sacks a manager (when they are still in contract) they have to pay out the remainder of their contract 

Serious Question : just trying to get my head around how it works 

I am comparing it to day to day life in that if you get sacked for poor performance then you are really not entitled to anything 

Appreciate football managers may be different as they have a fixed term contract, as do players, but what’s the deal if someone gets sacked .. does the club then have a right not to pay out on their contract for that reason ?

It is completely different due to it being a fixed contract, contract would need paid up or at least a settlement negotiated. Unless there were grounds for sacking like gross misconduct.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Not defending him, but if he'd left earlier and had his contract paid in full, it would have cost us more and we would have had zero in return.

Craig Levein has lost all credibility for what has happened at Hearts. Him and Ann Budge have almost run us into the ground. 

The fact he and Austin are still taking a wage from us is absolutely disgusting tbh. Both of them should have been launched. 

5 hours ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

That ship has sailed for me.

This. Although why AB kept him on in any capacity is beyond belief.

Ex member of the SaS

The fact is with this virus and no football for the foreseeable future what exactly are they contributing just now? They have virtually nothing to do as we are not signing anyone and the cat can over see those who want to leave so why if they are PHM not walking away?

The fact that they can swan about taking even 50% shows they have zero loyalty to the club.

4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

It’s all been said

So have a lot of other topics, so what? Don't get involved if it annoys you.

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

According to the DR rag he’s accepted 50%
Hes away in May anyway now and given the state we are in she wouldn’t dare offer him a new deal. Or would she

I would not put it past her.

East Lothian Jambo
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Craig Levein has lost all credibility for what has happened at Hearts. Him and Ann Budge have almost run us into the ground. 

The fact he and Austin are still taking a wage from us is absolutely disgusting tbh. Both of them should have been launched. 

Not sure either of them hanging around in the background will have helped Stendel.  Maybe hasn't hindered him but certainly won't have helped 

Players who haven't got as much game time under Stendel as they have before may have been in the ear of either or both (Uche for example). That's a distraction nobody would want 

My biggest issue with Levein relates to the Academy.  We've poured vast resources into it and 6 years on from emergence from Administration it's not bearing fruit. Hickey and Brandon have made most appearances yet both have done so within 12 months of being recruited from either side of Glasgow 

We told everyone Hearts were the club to showcase home grown talent. That's not been the case whilst a bloated squad of crap has been created 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

According to the DR rag he’s accepted 50%
Hes away in May anyway now and given the state we are in she wouldn’t dare offer him a new deal. Or would she

If Stendel walks due to relegation I am sure she will find a way to reinstate him. IF that happens I hope the fans let her know she along with him are no longer welcome ( and I have supported her for a long time now ) 

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Not sure either of them hanging around in the background will have helped Stendel.  Maybe hasn't hindered him but certainly won't have helped 

Players who haven't got as much game time under Stendel as they have before may have been in the sar of either or both. That's a distraction nobody would want 

My biggest issue with Levein relates to the Academy.  We've poured vast resources into it and 6 years on from emergence from Administration it's not bearing fruit. Hickey and Brandon have made most appearances yet both have done so within 12 months of being recruited from either side of Glasgow 

We told everyone Hearts were the club to showcase home grown talent. That's not been the case whilst a bloated squad of crap has been created 

Neither of them should be anywhere near Hearts. 

We'll get to showcase our talent next year no doubt. It'll be a first team of Academy players. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Players who haven't got as much game time under Stendel as they have before may have been in the sar of either or both. That's a distraction nobody would want 

The five year plan eh? After leaving the Championship Levein stated players who left would be replaced with the same quality or better. That was a complete failure too.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

The pool of money would be the same size had he left as his contract would need paid up.

He could have walked away without taking the remainder of his contract so the pool of money would have been bigger. Or he could have done something similar to Stendel by taking an extra voluntary cut to help the much lower paid at the club.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Does that mean that if a club gets rid of a manager or sacks a manager (when they are still in contract) they have to pay out the remainder of their contract 

Serious Question : just trying to get my head around how it works 

I am comparing it to day to day life in that if you get sacked for poor performance then you are really not entitled to anything 

Appreciate football managers may be different as they have a fixed term contract, as do players, but what’s the deal if someone gets sacked .. does the club then have a right not to pay out on their contract for that reason ?

Have you honestly never heard of this happening? It is constantly spoken about whenever a big-name manager gets emptied. 

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He could have walked away without taking the remainder of his contract so the pool of money would have been bigger. Or he could have done something similar to Stendel by taking an extra voluntary cut to help the much lower paid at the club.

Could have, didn't need to.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Still a boring topic but really he is taking money for nothing now with the shutdown 

East Lothian Jambo
11 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The five year plan eh? After leaving the Championship Levein stated players who left would be replaced with the same quality or better. That was a complete failure too.

The Championship side would most likely beat anything we could assemble from this squad. Difficult to call that 5 years of progress 

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

It’s all been said

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Isn't that the truth? Not even attempting to say it in a different way or from another angle.

Apart maybe from the playground rumours of gambling debts.

This. In the middle of global pandemic and folk still on about “Levein” 😴

40 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If Stendel walks due to relegation I am sure she will find a way to reinstate him. IF that happens I hope the fans let her know she along with him are no longer welcome ( and I have supported her for a long time now ) 

If that happens then myself and many others will not renew their season tickets.

47 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

So have a lot of other topics, so what? Don't get involved if it annoys you.

Certainly doesn’t annoy me. Simply an opinion by me. Didn’t realise I shouldn’t give an opinion 

29 minutes ago, graygo said:

Could have, didn't need to.

Which tells you about his love for Hearts. Taking every penny he can and appearing to take no responsibilty for the disaster he and AB have created between them.

That for me tells me everything I already knew about him and it's not good.

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Certainly doesn’t annoy me. Simply an opinion by me. Didn’t realise I shouldn’t give an opinion 

Of course you can give an opinion just like anyone else that's what these boards are about however your comment was about the fact there was another thread about this topic which is why I made my comment. 

26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Which tells you about his love for Hearts. Taking every penny he can and appearing to take no responsibilty for the disaster he and AB have created between them.

That for me tells me everything I already knew about him and it's not good.

The other side of the coin is that he wants to stay because he takes responsibility for how things have turned out.

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, graygo said:

The other side of the coin is that he wants to stay because he takes responsibility for how things have turned out.

He did that when Cathro left and look where we are now. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

This. In the middle of global pandemic and folk still on about “Levein” 😴

We have asked our players to take a pay cut and this **** still hangs around with his Irish mate, burning our cash on salaries while he “revamps” our medical department. 

it’s very relevant 

Ex member of the SaS
35 minutes ago, graygo said:

Seriously? No football and nothing for him to do, yet he hangs around out of the goodness of his heart ( taking a huge wage even at 50% )  trying to fix something he caused when there are no players or games. Good grief I have heard some excuses but this tops them all.

The guy should man up and walk for free and maybe ( just maybe ) get some respect back.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Seriously? No football and nothing for him to do, yet he hangs around out of the goodness of his heart ( taking a huge wage even at 50% )  trying to fix something he caused when there are no players or games. Good grief I have heard some excuses but this tops them all.

The guy should man up and walk for free and maybe ( just maybe ) get some respect back.

What are you slavering about? Whatever it is that Craig Levein does it's not dependent on games being played. Do you know what it is he does?

Would I give up a wedge so that I might get some respect from Ex member of the SaS and friends? Would I hell.

He'll be away in the next couple of months anyway.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

What are you slavering about? Whatever it is that Craig Levein does it's not dependent on games being played. Do you know what it is he does?

Would I give up a wedge so that I might get some respect from Ex member of the SaS and friends? Would I hell.

He'll be away in the next couple of months anyway.

What does he do at the club then Graygo?  Bash on and explain to us please. He’s taking money from the club in financial trouble having lost his two main positions.  It’s a disgrace tbh. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, JamboNation said:

For me he was a manager that didn't move with the times and as a result ruined a few careers, however I don't get the hate and  seethe by some on here . , He should be thought of as a legend , has done more for Hearts than anyone on this thread  time to move on and hate something else .

He’s at fault for the position we are in, wasted millions and you can’t understand why people hate him? Can you list exactly what he’s done for the club compared to others? Whatever it is he was well recompensed with two testimonials, great pay and now profits from events and the 1874 bar. The people on here have supported this club financially all their lives,to me that’s more important than anything he’s ever done.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

The sooner he goes and let’s us move on from the utter shambles he’s left the club in the better, can anyone apart from Budge say they’ll miss him?

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

What does he do at the club then Graygo?  Bash on and explain to us please. He’s taking money from the club in financial trouble having lost his two main positions.  It’s a disgrace tbh. 

I've asked the other poster to tell me what he does. All I know is that he has no interaction with the first team. He is entitled to his salary while still employed by the club, he has agreed to take a 50% cut in that salary. Hardly a disgrace.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

It is completely different due to it being a fixed contract, contract would need paid up or at least a settlement negotiated. Unless there were grounds for sacking like gross misconduct.

Makes sense. Cheers. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s at fault for the position we are in, wasted millions and you can’t understand why people hate him? Can you list exactly what he’s done for the club compared to others? Whatever it is he was well recompensed with two testimonials, great pay and now profits from events and the 1874 bar.

Fancy explaining that one.

Look, Levein obviously made mistakes. He'll soon be away from the club. Let's just look forward rather than spending our entire time bitterly blaming him. Probably better also to compartmentalise and treat his playing days separately from his management days (in fact, it's probably better to separate both management periods too).

Does anyone actually believe he intentionally put us on the slippery slope? It was merely incompetence, sadly. Folk feck up in life. We have to move forward.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've asked the other poster to tell me what he does. All I know is that he has no interaction with the first team. He is entitled to his salary while still employed by the club, he has agreed to take a 50% cut in that salary. Hardly a disgrace.

It’s not a disgrace he’s not walked away despite failing very badly at two high profile roles? Seriously?