Levein’s Credibility

Paisley Jambo

Paisley Jambo

He has gone from a well respected player to, in my opinion, a complete and utter stain on our club. 

I’d rather not feel this way but due to his inept management of our club from December 2016 to October 2019 and the arrogant I know best way it was done, followed by the lack of self respect show in not walking away when moved sideways by his no.1 cheerleader.

I do realise that this is not a universal opinion.

Levein would gain a lot back in my eyes by letting it be known he was leaving club immediately to save the club money or doing what he does for free.

He won’t be short of a few bob.

Come on a Levein, do the right thing and at the same time win some credibility back.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• graygo

• Ex member of the SaS

• Last Laff

9 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

He has gone from a well respected player to, in my opinion, a complete and utter stain on our club. 

I’d rather not feel this way but due to his inept management of our club from December 2016 to October 2019 and the arrogant I know best way it was done, followed by the lack of self respect show in not walking away when moved sideways by his no.1 cheerleader.

I do realise that this is not a universal opinion.

Levein would gain a lot back in my eyes by letting it be known he was leaving club immediately to save the club money or doing what he does for free.

He won’t be short of a few bob.

Come on a Levein, do the right thing and at the same time win some credibility back.

That ship has sailed for me.

14 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Sadly he's like a new Pie man now.

Which means he is now hated by some supporters. Had Mrs Budge removed him a good while back  he would still have a lot of credibility. Budge plays a big part with her blind loyalty to him. 

Why was he ever credible to build the club around in 2014 would be a better question? 

Never won a thing, played honking football and had just come from a disaster in the Scotland job. His best period of management was with ourselves a decade before, yet we built the club around him and his arrogant vision. Some great manager he was not.

Total pish from the word go.

Edited by Jee

10 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

It’s all been said

Isn't that the truth? Not even attempting to say it in a different way or from another angle.

Apart maybe from the playground rumours of gambling debts.

35 minutes ago, Jee said:

Why was he ever credible to build the club around in 2014 would be a better question? 

Never won a thing, played honking football and had just come from a disaster in the Scotland job. His best period of management was with ourselves a decade before, yet we built the club around him and his arrogant vision. Some great manager he was not.

Total pish from the word go.

I enjoyed the Europa Cup foray. His football was never attractive but it was effective first time round, sadly not replicated in his last year as manager.

The suggestion is that he's hanging around for the money but it may be possible that AB wants and needs him here to transition to a new structure and / or DoF. 

I think he should have stepped down after his health scare.  He seemed to lose a lot of heart after that difficult time, and perhaps the job was too much.

It was sad to see a great servant of the club lose control and results go into freefall for over a year after that.  The club really needed to act a lot sooner.

JimCornette

He gave us some memorable moments first time round as gaffer to be fair. Stampy victory at Easter Road, Bordeaux and the De Vries 5-1 demolition. 

But **** me, he has been horrifying on so many levels this time around. To be sitting bottom of the league on our MASSIVE multimillion pound budget is one of the most embarrassing displays of gross mis-management in the history of scottish football.

Ex member of the SaS

. Still too many willing to defend the worst signing the club has ever made. Stated at the start he should never have been anywhere near our club, but obviously Budge had him on a pedestal from his playing days. Her blind loyalty has virtually ruined our club, and whilst I was a huge supporter of her I am starting to see between the cracks. 

I have no issues with her reducing wages at this time but she has to be accountable for all the other things that have gone wrong. Backing Levein when budgeting for 4th should have stopped after the first season of not achieving that goal. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

Wouldn't mind him having a charity boxing match against michael Stewart. 

Box office 

My money would be on MS

According to the DR rag he’s accepted 50%
Hes away in May anyway now and given the state we are in she wouldn’t dare offer him a new deal. Or would she

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, kingm616 said:

I have also heard this rumour. Just how much truth is in it who knows

There is no truth in a rumour.....that’s why it’s a rumour........the more the rumour is spread the more people start to believe its the truth...........unfortunately that’s the world we live in, guilty until proven otherwise.

ps. not a dig at you btw

Edited by highlandjambo3

East Lothian Jambo
37 minutes ago, JimCornette said:

He gave us some memorable moments first time round as gaffer to be fair. Stampy victory at Easter Road, Bordeaux and the De Vries 5-1 demolition. 

But **** me, he has been horrifying on so many levels this time around. To be sitting bottom of the league on our MASSIVE multimillion pound budget is one of the most embarrassing displays of gross mis-management in the history of scottish football.

Correct 

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Craig Levein thread aye?  Barry!

It was expected because a certain poster on the Daniel Stendel thread derailed the topic just to have a go at Daniel..

You’ll know who the clown is.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It was expected because a certain poster on the Daniel Stendel thread derailed the topic just to have a go at Daniel..

When the worlds going absolutely nuts it’s actually quite reassuring that it’s business as usual on here 😂

2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Wouldn't mind him having a charity boxing match against michael Stewart. 

Box office 

Maybe a re-match with Graeme Hogg?

JamboNation

For me he was a manager that didn't move with the times and as a result ruined a few careers, however I don't get the hate and  seethe by some on here . , He should be thought of as a legend , has done more for Hearts than anyone on this thread  time to move on and hate something else .

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When the worlds going absolutely nuts it’s actually quite reassuring that it’s business as usual on here 😂

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, JamboNation said:

For me he was a manager that didn't move with the times and as a result ruined a few careers, however I don't get the hate and  seethe by some on here . , He should be thought of as a legend , has done more for Hearts than anyone on this thread  time to move on and hate something else .

Have you watched us lately? Stendel is going to be made a scapegoat for that impostor's ineptitude. 

For the record I have always acknowledged CL's quality as a Centre Half for us, its just a shame how quickly his rep is going downhill.  

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

And just because he backed a total failure to the very very end, it’s more important for him to see anyone else stepping in fail, as his ego is more important to him than seeing someone run it better than his beloved boyfriend 

All the direct comparisons he makes with Stendel and Leveins performance proves this, although he won’t admit 3 yrs vs 3 months and Stendel inheriting Leveins failed recruitment program doesn’t make it a level playing field in the first place

Sad but true 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

And just because he backed a total failure to the very very end, it’s more important for him to see anyone else stepping in fail, as his ego is more important to him than seeing someone run it better than his beloved boyfriend 

All the direct comparisons he makes with Stendel and Leveins performance proves this, although he won’t admit 3 yrs vs 3 months and Stendel inheriting Leveins failed recruitment program doesn’t make it a level playing field in the first place

Sad but true 

:spoton:

Ricardo Shillyshally

The gambling debt rumour is a Hibernian fantasy and anyone on here giving air to it should be ashamed of themselves.

There are plenty other genuine reasons to have a go at him, but that's not one of them.

He should have walked. Being kept around seems utterly humiliating. 

By staying on into the crisis he's taking a wage from the pool of money made smaller by his shit signings. We're in a terrible position (virus aside) and its 100% his fault. He was given full control of the football department and we're looking at relegation. To continue to take a wage further ruins his reputation among fans. 

Maybe he's chucked it and doesn't care anymore? Take his 30 pieces of silver and retire since clearly so person with an iota of sanity in world football will hire him again. 

20 minutes ago, JamboNation said:

So, if you can do more as Hearts Manager than anyone on this thread then that will make you a Hearts Legend 🤷‍♂️

It isnt hate and Seethe as you put it, just a reality check and utter disappointment For a lot of us that he has caused us a lot of damage as a club, and that he wasn’t removed quickly enough and before the rot set in 

it’s no more or less than the above 

Edited by Hearts1975

2 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Sadly he's like a new Pie man now.

No one else in that category, that man sold the club down the river heading to extinction. 

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

He should have walked. Being kept around seems utterly humiliating. 

By staying on into the crisis he's taking a wage from the pool of money made smaller by his shit signings. We're in a terrible position (virus aside) and its 100% his fault. He was given full control of the football department and we're looking at relegation. To continue to take a wage further ruins his reputation among fans. 

Maybe he's chucked it and doesn't care anymore? Take his 30 pieces of silver and retire since clearly so person with an iota of sanity in world football will hire him again. 

The pool of money would be the same size had he left as his contract would need paid up.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

The pool of money would be the same size had he left as his contract would need paid up.

According to the bbc he has taken a 50% cut. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Does that mean that if a club gets rid of a manager or sacks a manager (when they are still in contract) they have to pay out the remainder of their contract 

Serious Question : just trying to get my head around how it works 

I am comparing it to day to day life in that if you get sacked for poor performance then you are really not entitled to anything 

Appreciate football managers may be different as they have a fixed term contract, as do players, but what’s the deal if someone gets sacked .. does the club then have a right not to pay out on their contract for that reason ?

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm suggesting he walks and gives up the balance of his contract. Would mean 1 less hand out which hopefully would mean it stretches a little more. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

I dont know what he contributes now, but it's very possible he is making a positive contribution behind the scenes.

Clearly he was a failure as DOF and Head Coach

Famous 1874

Didn’t see him play so have always thought he was an arrogant *****. Good derby record but an absolute serial loser. Ruined any sort of good reputation he had at the club. 

Of course he’s going to take the 50% pay cut, he’s not going to get a job anywhere else. He should do the honourable thing and walk now without pay. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

According to the bbc he has taken a 50% cut. 

But not decided now is probably the right time to walk away. The very fact he is staying and letting his contract run down tells a very different story to the PHM chat that is banded about on here. There is no shaming the man. 

I will defended him against the allegations of gambling and debts etc tho. There seems to be a stupid tradition of tarnishing our managers with these silly rumours/lies/myths. Burley was a drunk, Stendel often stinks of drink, Levein is a gambler etx etx. These rumours are uncalled for. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, JamboNation said:

After his playing career he lost the legend status when he ran away down south. The man is a leech and should have the decency to do the right thing and walk. He caused this ( although Budge has to take some of the blame, but maybe gets a pass due to not knowing football and putting all her eggs in one basket ) His waste of money from the first minute of taking control and dumping the Championship winning team. A team that would have been the back bone of a progressive team, building for the top of the Premiership. A team that only needed a tweek here and there to gradually improve the team season on season. But NO he dumped every one of them in a very off handed fashion.

It's the love in for him that sickens me, as you and many others can't see the REAL damage he has done to this club since the glory days of winning the hardest Championship EVER !

East Lothian Jambo
23 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Didn’t see him play so have always thought he was an arrogant *****. Good derby record but an absolute serial loser. Ruined any sort of good reputation he had at the club. 

Best defender I've seen at Hearts. Can't imagine I'll see a better one tbh 

Ex member of the SaS
7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

But not decided now is probably the right time to walk away. The very fact he is staying and letting his contract run down tells a very different story to the PHM chat that is banded about on here. There is no shaming the man. 

I will defended him against the allegations of gambling and debts etc tho. There seems to be a stupid tradition of tarnishing our managers with these silly rumours/lies/myths. Burley was a drunk, Stendel often stinks of drink, Levein is a gambler etx etx. These rumours are uncalled for. 

Not having a go Busby but was there not something a few years ago about him always being in the bookies in Dunfermline ( or somewhere around there )