Arguement with work!

Madjambo21

Had said I would do swap shifts for a guy at my work.

He is on 14 days sick now and my work say I sill have to honor them with and the sick work mate will be do them to me.

I have no problem doing the shifts but my argument with a boss was once he goes on the sick all swaps are null and void and it's the company that would have to pay me or give me shifts back.

Sorry for the rant 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Madjambo21 said:

Had said I would do swap shifts for a guy at my work.

He is on 14 days sick now and my work say I sill have to honor them with and the sick work mate will be do them to me.

I have no problem doing the shifts but my argument with a boss was once he goes on the sick all swaps are null and void and it's the company that would have to pay me or give me shifts back.

Sorry for the rant 🤷‍♂️

100% up to the work you agreed as a favour,  but since he's now on the sick.  All bets are off. 

We have staff sign a form for shift swaps. In your situation you would still be doing the swap shifts you agreed to but the guy off sick is then off from your original shifts.

7 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Swap shifts at my work and it's swapped. Your shifts become the ones you swapped for.

Same as mine. As long as it’s an authorised swap.