How many trophies have you seen Hearts win?

Angel eyes

Robbo-Jambo
13 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’ve been with you all the way (and started vs Killie 0-2 back in the day)

It was for me, and I’m sure you and all others like us from that generation. .... the defeats from ‘68 to ‘98 were heartbreaking .... the finals only came along very infrequently and I never ever thought I’d see Hearts win anything ..... then that day in 98, the Hearts have won the Cup!! Truly emotional, best day of my life!

Totally agree 👍 

Think I was about ready to pop into the world round about the 2 nil Killie game. 😅

On 20/03/2020 at 22:51, Maple Leaf said:

10 major trophies:

- 2 League Champions

- 4 Scottish Cups

- 4 League Cups

I don't keep track of minor trophies like Championship titles.

:HeartsMandance:

SNAP!!

Most memorable for me was 1956 Scottish Cup victory against Celtic. They were by far and way the favourites, but we minced them. Shame I had to wait until 1998 for the next Scottish Cup victory against Rangers. I do recall my father saying, " you should hope some day you will see Hearts beat Celtic, Rangers and Hibs in Scottish Cup Finals" Off course I have and there is still time to complete the treble again

1 hour ago, TWF said:

Most memorable for me was 1956 Scottish Cup victory against Celtic. They were by far and way the favourites, but we minced them.

Celtic were favourites, but there was never any doubt in my mind that we would win. There were about 65,000 Hearts supporters there that day.  The 1950s was the best time ever to be a Jambo.

On 20/03/2020 at 20:32, Angel eyes said:

4.....3 Scottish cups & Scottish championship, the 5-1 game should have been the highlight of the four and obviously was special but the 98 game was and still for me the best one we had a good team that season and played some good stuff we deserved something to show for it just a shame we couldn’t keep that team together longer and got to build on it.

I suppose whoever's the oldest wins.....

JTJ east whitburn

the only one was the festival cup, i know it was an edinburgh select ,  but there were more hearts players than any one else, so i'm taking that, I was at the 76,86,96.97 finals , i then decided it was me that was the jinx, 98 i was offered tickets, but knew i couldn't take them,  i go to semi's but not to finals, my good boy said last year that it would be different this time ,cause it would be the 2 of us going, i promise  i wont be back to another final

Jingle Bells
19 minutes ago, JTJ east whitburn said:

the only one was the festival cup, i know it was an edinburgh select ,  but there were more hearts players than any one else, so i'm taking that, I was at the 76,86,96.97 finals , i then decided it was me that was the jinx, 98 i was offered tickets, but knew i couldn't take them,  i go to semi's but not to finals, my good boy said last year that it would be different this time ,cause it would be the 2 of us going, i promise  i wont be back to another final

Quite a few of us 70's JTs broke our duck back in 1998.

Jingle Bells

I'm sure I taken to the early 70s Reserve League and/or Cup win by my Late Grandad but can't remember a scooby about it.

Every other win or failure since.

JTJ east whitburn
1 hour ago, Jingle Bells said:

Quite a few of us 70's JTs broke our duck back in 1998.

hoy bugger lugs i'm only 56, whats this 70's pish

Jingle Bells
2 hours ago, JTJ east whitburn said:

LoLs, I meant folk who started following Hearts in the1970s. I'm only 58 myself,

Think a lot of us thought we were jinxs back then.but 3 Cup wins later, not so much so now.

I kinda had enough by 1998 myself but luckily still went as my nepthew was desperate to go.to the cup final..

Edited by Jingle Bells
error

46 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Nine, starting in 1956.

Just beat you with the 1954 League Cup final, Hearts first trophy in about 40-odd years, iirc.

niblick1874
21 hours ago, JTJ east whitburn said:

I had gone to all the cup finals from 1968 onwards with my brother. Sometimes he would travel the globe so we would be together. Come 1996 I told him to go watch it with our friends because I was going down town Toronto to watch it. At the end or the game I went to get another pint at the bar in the pub I had watched the game and there he was. They couldn't get the game he told me. On the morning of 98 I called him and told him we were being stupid and I would see him there. What a time. We will never again watch Hearts together on this planet. 

Go with your Boy.

On 21/03/2020 at 09:21, Ex member of the SaS said:

Do you mean physically attended winning games or just trophies won during your support?

Can't remember games attended but, everything from the early 50's.

Either or I was at the 98 & 06 cup finals watched the 5-1 game in the Caley sample rooms. League cup final on tv various semi-finals were mixed some attended some no.

22 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Just beat you with the 1954 League Cup final, Hearts first trophy in about 40-odd years, iirc.

Guys we must remember the wains are listening!!

Surely this thread is about trophies won when you were actually there?

Not,  “in the 1950s I was a twinkle in my fathers eye when he watched the ‘56 final”??

or

“I watched it on a BIG screen in a random pub” ...?

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Surely this thread is about trophies won when you were actually there?

Not,  “in the 1950s I was a twinkle in my fathers eye when he watched the ‘56 final”??

or

“I watched it on a BIG screen in a random pub” ...?

Yes indeed.  

I was there for the 10 trophies I listed, and a few heartbreaks in between.  HHGH

grumpy rebus
On 22/03/2020 at 18:20, JTJ east whitburn said:

On 22/03/2020 at 20:39, Jingle Bells said:

LoLs, I meant folk who started following Hearts in the1970s. I'm only 58 myself,

Think a lot of us thought we were jinxs back then.but 3 Cup wins later, not so much so now.

I kinda had enough by 1998 myself but luckily still went as my nepthew was desperate to go.to the cup final..

I’m 54 and felt the same way. So many disappointments that I wasn’t sure I could take another. But so glad I went. The feeling when the final whistle went will never, ever be equalled. 

11 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yes indeed.  

I was there for the 10 trophies I listed, and a few heartbreaks in between.  HHGH

That’s really impressive! There can’t be many who can claim that ie trophies from the 1950s through to 2012!!

I hope you see many more!

My tale of woe started with Killie in 1965 but ended with my first trophy 🏆 in 1998!!

It’s the bad times that make the good times good!

6 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

That’s really impressive! There can’t be many who can claim that, ie trophies from the 1950s through to 2012!!

I hope you see many more!

Thanks! Me too.

The team will have to pick it up a notch or two for that to happen.  

18 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yes indeed.  

Me too

On 20/03/2020 at 23:11, busbyblitz said:

3 scottish cups. Been to 8 scottish cup finals thou and 2 league cup finals. There canny be many people who has been to the 9 scottish cup finals.

I also was at Hampden for the 1:0 win against Killie in the league cup 63/64 I think 🤔. Norrie Davidson scored . As the bus came through Gorgie me and my Dad were outside Willie Baulds newsagent shop and Willie didn’t come out to applaud the cup winners . I later discovered he had fallen out with club over who paid for the ball at his testimonial.