Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

We get this reaction cause we keep the media out the loop and deal directly with our fans. The media doesn’t like it. They get barely anything directly from us other than their weekly press briefing. We are shut off to them and they can’t handle it which is why they react the way they do. Plus, as someone has all ready said, there is no news just now, no football so need for pundits. They have to remain relative. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What would be nice would be if we had ONE person in the media on our side. Just one.

Or perhaps our local paper... or a former player...

The lack of balance and perspective in the commentary on our club is crazy.

We've been shite at playing football. We've wasted OUR OWN MONEY on players who've disappointed but our wage bill is no higher than Aberdeen. Why has that angered so many??

Essentially a run of bad injuries and worse tactics have opened the door for all the OF centric pundits, not allowed or too scared to criticise their real "enemy" to lay in to us on every issue. Thing is though, that doesn't make sense.

Ann is doing all she can to protect our club. I've no doubt on that. At a time when people all around us are losing their livelihoods (me included by the way), she is trying to medium term plan. The end. End of story. End of. Move on.

As for you repugnant idiots on here eating up the shit and regurgitating it. When we're back, when my Hearts are back and we're running over the top of teams again - cos football is cyclical and we'll be back, mark my words - you can stay in your bedsits, you'll soon be forgotten and if you rear your heads, you'll be reminded you stuck the boot in when our club needed to stand together.

Our club won't die. HHGH.

This in spades mate, well said. 

59 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What would be nice would be if we had ONE person in the media on our side. Just one.

We've been shite at playing football. We've wasted OUR OWN MONEY on players who've disappointed but our wage bill is no higher than Aberdeen. Why has that angered so many??

Essentially a run of bad injuries and worse tactics have opened the door for all the OF centric pundits, not allowed or too scared to criticise their real "enemy" to lay in to us on every issue. Thing is though, that doesn't make sense.

Ann is doing all she can to protect our club. I've no doubt on that. At a time when people all around us are losing their livelihoods (me included by the way), she is trying to medium term plan. The end. End of story. End of. Move on.

As for you repugnant idiots on here eating up the shit and regurgitating it. When we're back, when my Hearts are back and we're running over the top of teams again - cos football is cyclical and we'll be back, mark my words - you can stay in your bedsits, you'll soon be forgotten and if you rear your heads, you'll be reminded you stuck the boot in when our club needed to stand together.

Wonderful post. Very VERY well said. ❤️

52 minutes ago, S Form said:

There can still be some regret expressed that we’ve reached this stage. I completely recognise that there is no money coming in, but we are talking about people being sacked. Even if they are shite footballers, the club could approach things in a more sensitive way and stop reverting to cold bureaucracy.

If no money coming in continues to be the norm what is the alternative?

Before you answer can I ask you to read and digest AB's last 2 statements on the HMFC website.

Now tell us how to square the circle.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

So long as they are both still around our Club I will continue to ask why. Between them they have cost us an absolute fortune.

Even it means polluting and spoiling every thread?

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Far from banning the likes of the Sun or BBC, I'd actually like to see someone at Hearts offer guys like Boyd & McManus the 'opportunity' of a live discussion on this issue. Maybe do it on Facebook. Absolutely certain these deadheads would be shown up as the slavering clueless feckwits they are. They like to spout shite without really being challenged & it's time someone took them to task face to face (albeit virtually of course!). 

Im actually salivating at the thought ...😎

MaskedMarauder

Who is it that Preston represents at our club? I thought it was just a handful of young laddies that he was involved with. Does he have a senior first team player to represent? @Notts1874 @Barack

Nicholas Brody
On 18/03/2020 at 18:17, Nobreath said:

First of many clubs I would imagine. Better sooner than later.

On 18/03/2020 at 18:18, CloustonHMFC said:

Make no mistake, other clubs will follow suit, we’re just ahead of the curve. 

On 18/03/2020 at 18:19, Gashauskis9 said:

Other clubs will hit the wall before we do.  I’d rather we went down this route than raiding FOH to be honest.

On 18/03/2020 at 18:19, 1971fozzy said:

That statement is one a few clubs will no doubt follow with likewise.

huge problems ahead.

we need to divert FOH subs ASAP.

On 18/03/2020 at 18:19, Barack said:

Other clubs will be in the shit, yes.

However, shit that this has happened. Again.

On 18/03/2020 at 18:22, JamboCampbell said:

Some folk on here are absolute tools.

Blaming Budge for Coronavirus is a new low! 

People do realise that half the Scottish clubs WILL go bust through this.

Still just us, yeah?

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

:yas:

Edited by Le Chat

Archie White

AB has been good for the club and she has been bad for the club but in this instance she is spot on. Some of these players have a bloody cheek in trying to defy this wage cut. I would wager it is the mercenaries with no long term interest in the club and just here for the ride and the inflated wages and contracts some of them are on. We know who you are.  Budge does not have my support on many  things she's done recently but good for you here. If players won't accept this then get them out of our club. They will be no loss. There will be many club owners watching these developments with interest ready to follow her lead if she is successful. As for the players union they should be ashamed of themselves. Does Fraser Wishart not realise that the  fewer clubs in existence then the fewer opportunities for his members. Go get them Ann.

16 minutes ago, Archie White said:

AB has been good for the club and she has been bad for the club but in this instance she is spot on. Some of these players have a bloody cheek in trying to defy this wage cut. I would wager it is the mercenaries with no long term interest in the club and just here for the ride and the inflated wages and contracts some of them are on. We know who you are.  Budge does not have my support on many  things she's done recently but good for you here. If players won't accept this then get them out of our club. They will be no loss. There will be many club owners watching these developments with interest ready to follow her lead if she is successful. As for the players union they should be ashamed of themselves. Does Fraser Wishart not realise that the  fewer clubs in existence then the fewer opportunities for his members. Go get them Ann.

But Ann has said the players have been great and a few are considering things. 

1 hour ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Who is it that Preston represents at our club? I thought it was just a handful of young laddies that he was involved with. Does he have a senior first team player to represent? @Notts1874 @Barack

Young players. Can't find anything online. Been told one name but I'm not putting it on here as I can't verify it.

Sounds like we are not on the agenda for discussion on Sportsound today. 

Probably mention us but they are speaking to Lawrence Shankland and a League Two chairman.

Michael Stewart is on though. 

Edit - they are starting to talk about it now starting with Rangers and board room changes.

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Even it means polluting and spoiling every thread?

Bit of an exaggeration I think. Just have a read at the threads Al and see how many people agree with me on this and how many there are that back you.

1 hour ago, MaskedMarauder said:

He works for Stellar Group.

Allan Preston is a former professional footballer who played for Dundee United Hearts and St Johnstone. After retiring and achieving his UEFA A license he became assistant manager at Macclesfield and manager in Scotland’s Premier League with Livingston FC. Based in Scotland, Allan has worked for the Stellar Group since 2004, where his role is to scout, identify and recruit players for the company.

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Brilliantly put. 👏👏👏

Brian McLaughlin going through the situation at Hearts - recap of what we know. 

Hearts have issued the Government scheme application to players as have other clubs from yesterday.

Explained the SPFL clause. Brian says other clubs have confirmed they will also use the SPFL clause though not yet. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Brian McLaughlin pointing out the situation is dire and other clubs looking at cuts.

Ann Budge has said she may come on Sportsound. 

Opinions on Hearts now.

Tom English supportive. Pointing out Hearts were first to get the Spfl clause confirmed.

Edited by Mikey1874

Michael Stewart tried to come in but on to Cowdenbeath chairman. 

Says Fraser Wishart comments unhelpful saying players should get 100%. Says they should work together. 

In dialogue with players. Still looking at the numbers. Have made latest payment in full but April/ May are the problem. Stopping the season as is would help. To get final payments. Okay with not getting Play Off (4th). Season should not be voided. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Italian Lambretta
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Says Fraser Wishart comments unhelpful saying players should get 100%. 

That cretin is itching to criticise the club and Tom English

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Says Fraser Wishart comments unhelpful saying players should get 100%. Says they should work together. 

In dialogue with players. Still looking at the numbers. Have made latest payment in full but April/ May are the problem. Stopping the season as is would help. To get final payments. Okay with not getting Play Off (4th). 

Glad someone is taking aim at Fraser Wishart.  He’s really helping no one, including the players, with the shite he’s coming out with.

8 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

That cretin is itching to criticise the club and Tom English

Says Hearts haven't considered the welfare of the players. That that is his concern.

Debate moved on so just a mention.

Back on to Hearts.

Michael Stewart unhappy at 50% cut saying its everyone. Misses Ann Budge capped.

Michael Stewart "it's not clear". He says Minimum wage (wrong its Living wage)

Tom English "it is clear". 

Edited by Mikey1874

My take on it is that Hearts (Ann Budge)have taken the welfare of Everyone employed by the Club & not just the players.Which is what i would hope and expect from her - Michael Stewart gets it wrong again-Tom English ripping him up for arsepaper. 

Just now, cubanjambo said:

My take on it is that Hearts (Ann Budge)have taken the welfare of Everyone employed by the Club & not just the players.Which is what i would hope and expect from her - Michael Stewart gets it wrong again-Tom English ripping him up for arsepaper. 

Michael Stewart says he's concerned at the mental health of people (at Hearts).

Nelly Terraces

Would love to see Michael Stewarts qualifications to speak on this matter. Unless he counts reading the papers as a qualification.

Comedy gold listening to him. Clueless on every single issue.

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

English ragdolling Stewart live on air just now!

Giving him facts he doesn't want to hear. 😂 

Politely pointing out that unless you are at Hearts, you don't know what the communications have been.

Michael Stewart knows better. 

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Would love to see Michael Stewarts qualifications to speak on this matter. Unless he counts reading the papers as a qualification.

Unless he has people at Hearts telling him what is happening.

People seem to think these matters take a couple of hours to sort out, it’s something nobody has done before from the government all the way down to the smallest businesses. It’s almost like they think the government can get money to every business in the country overnight. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

They're from the University of McAnus

7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Michael Stewart getting his puss slapped by Tom English.!

What a picture..........    :)

Nelly Terraces

It's actually tiring listening to this guy. Just wears you down - like a child, just give him the sweeties to get some ****ing peace & quiet. 

Dreadful radio. Off to radio 5 for some proper adult football chat as this is just embarrassing.

Just now, Tazio said:

Mikey’s brain almost burst trying to comprehend that someone on £25k getting their wage cut to £18k isn’t a 50% cut.  

It was brilliant.

Hopefully someone has that up on YouTube etc. 

7 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

Pretty much agree....  Ann's done well...  I just think Mikey did not have the proper facts about the lower wage employees......

Tom English withdrew previous criticism he made saying Ann Budge is being fair and reasonable.

And it's coming at other clubs. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Michael Stewart certainly isn't happy with the proposals at Hearts. 

Mikey Stewart is never happy.......  :)

Just now, hueyview said:

Pretty much agree....  Ann's done well...  I just think Mikey did not have the proper facts about the lower wage employees......

As an expert you would think he would know the basic facts.

Unless he doesn't care.