Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

baxterd1974
19 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Will they really get it back though? 

All they are doing is shoving the problem aside so they don't have to deal with it now. 

With fans out of stadiums til 2021 and sales of their daft wee NHS shirt dried up they might not look so clever after all. 

“It’s 50 per cent just now and hopefully we’ll get some of that money back at a later date when the new season starts."

Maybe not the full truth coming out of Easter Road! Telling quote or just badly worded?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

baxterd1974
8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I know a player, playing for the side currently sitting 2nd in the league. By the time his 3 month wage deferral ends, he will personally be owed somewhere in the region of 250k. That side have a first team squad of near 30 bodies. I’d say on average they’ll be owing around 200k per player, so by the time this deferral ends they stand to owe out about £6million to the players. Let’s also not forget that they’ll have to have paid out about £6million in wages that weren’t deferred. The players agreed to a 50% wage deferral meaning they are still getting half their wages. Madness. I see the epl are saying it may cost around 200k per game to test to have games back being played. Then add in the monetary costs if a game is abandoned due to a positive test etc. Behind closed door games are a non starter. We are looking at football having to wait until there is a vaccine. These clubs that have deferred wages are really going to be hit hard.   

Figures sound a bit inflated. That would put them on near 40k per week assuming 50% deferral.  Defoe is the only one that will be close to that.

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, baxterd1974 said:

“It’s 50 per cent just now and hopefully we’ll get some of that money back at a later date when the new season starts."

Maybe not the full truth coming out of Easter Road! Telling quote or just badly worded?

Think they are quite happy keeping things as low key as possible and for us to get all the heat from the media. 

Long term though, with the way this is going, I know whose clubs strategy is more financially prudent and its certainly not them. 

16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I know a player, playing for the side currently sitting 2nd in the league. By the time his 3 month wage deferral ends, he will personally be owed somewhere in the region of 250k. That side have a first team squad of near 30 bodies. I’d say on average they’ll be owing around 200k per player, so by the time this deferral ends they stand to owe out about £6million to the players. Let’s also not forget that they’ll have to have paid out about £6million in wages that weren’t deferred. The players agreed to a 50% wage deferral meaning they are still getting half their wages. Madness. I see the epl are saying it may cost around 200k per game to test to have games back being played. Then add in the monetary costs if a game is abandoned due to a positive test etc. Behind closed door games are a non starter. We are looking at football having to wait until there is a vaccine. These clubs that have deferred wages are really going to be hit hard.   

If this goes on much longer, the penny will drop with them and they'll have to go back to the players to negotiate downwards which will be a tough ask.  In the meantime they'll have accrued a fair bit of potential debt meaning jobs will go and money for new players will be challenging to say the least.

Edited by JamboAl

busby1985
3 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

Figures sound a bit inflated. That would put them on near 40k per week assuming 50% deferral.  Defoe is the only one that will be close to that.

Defoe is on more than that, as is Morelos and Davies. Goldson, Tav, Arfield, Kent all on +£30k a week, over 40k with bonuses. That’s not guess work. It may not be as much as 6million but it won’t be far off. Also have to factor in the wage of Gerrard and the backroom staff as well. They pay Brandon Barker over 10k a week. Madness. 

baxterd1974

The average salary is 649k pa, so a lot of money, but nowhere near the approx 200k per player being owed you suggested.

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Gets a wee dig at Hearts without mentioning us by name, saying Hibs have handled it well unlike some other clubs.

Says the players have taken a hit like everyone else. Hardly the same when they will get it all back further down the road

Hibs feckwit 

Their 2 win bonuses they might have got.

baxterd1974
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

If this goes on much longer, the penny will drop with them and they'll have to go back to the players to negotiate downwards which will be a tough ask.  In the meantime they'll have accrued a fair bit of potential debt meaning jobs will go and money for new players will be challenging to say the least.

About £550k every 3 months based on recent average salaries at 50% deferral rate. Think I based that on 25 players,  but might have been 20, can't remember. That’s playing staff only, there are other staff and costs as well.

Edited by baxterd1974

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Gets a wee dig at Hearts without mentioning us by name, saying Hibs have handled it well unlike some other clubs.

Says the players have taken a hit like everyone else. Hardly the same when they will get it all back further down the road

Hibs feckwit 

We'll see how Hibs handle things as no supporters progresses. I suspect it will impact them big time when they can't pay transfer fees due to the deferral being due and likewise suffer in the wage department too. 

Regardless, at least the club are getting 30% back on these useless pricks :D 

Do players get the salaries back if they are in Admin? Has Ron the Con got the stadium as security yet? 

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

All they are doing is shoving the problem aside so they don't have to deal with it now. 

With fans out of stadiums til 2021 and sales of their daft wee NHS shirt dried up they might not look so clever after all. 

I am certain I read recently that English clubs will not be allowed to sign new players until the deferred payments are met. 

Something else we should be making noises about over the coming months. 

Pasquale for King
On 30/04/2020 at 18:41, Redhelen said:

True as long as there is time to play them all. 

This was on another thread.

C549C69C-7C89-49BC-9348-9CADAD5D55FB.png

Mikey1874
49 minutes ago, Rods said:

Do players get the salaries back if they are in Admin? Has Ron the Con got the stadium as security yet? 

Yes if they come out of Administration 

Football debt 

Sutton article in record today talking about footballers needing to take pay cuts to save jobs - ‘humbling’ apparently. Funny enough no mention of hearts or AB! The guy really is an arse

Seymour M Hersh
20 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Well they'll certainly assume so due to the fact it's a deferral they've reluctantly accepted and not a cut. Should hopefully cause them all sorts of issues down the road if the club can't afford to give them their money.