Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I never suggested Celtic developed him in isolation. I said we didn't develop Hickey. Perhaps I should've qualified that as Mothy is desperate to be offended by ne all over Kickback on matters various. Hickey is a fine young player 

My point being that after 6 years and several million pounds later there need to be questions asked about what the Academy is producing. There needs to be a period of considerable reflection once this crisis is over to ascertain why Hearts were on the brink of relegation and how for example we haven't been able to produce a centre half,  an area we are desperately short, for almost 6 years 

I appreciate my views are unwelcome by some who simply cant countenance the reasons why we've under achieved so badly on so many key issues within the club

Hearts did develop Hickey, so did Celtic, so it was wrong to say Hearts didn't develop Hickey. He'll officially be developing until he's 23, another half decade away.

The snidey, confrontational shite does you no favours btw, learn to deal with opposing views ffs.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

East Lothian Jambo
Just now, JamboAl said:

But the thread is not about that.

Your views are welcome but in the right thread.  It would be helpful if you didn't pollute every thread with spiteful venom.

Many of these subjects are inextricably linked 

Spiteful venom? I thought I was merely stating what was abundantly obvious 

When a club spectacularly under achieves it's quite ok to call it out as such. Doesn't make you less of a fan if you call it with honesty dather than bury your head in the sand 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Sorry, Ronnie. God forbid I offend your Hibs player friend of the family.

Apologies.

**** Hibs and all associated with them. Never apologise for offending them unless you've not offended them enough.

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hearts did develop Hickey, so did Celtic, so it was wrong to say Hearts didn't develop Hickey. He'll officially be developing until he's 23, another half decade away.

The snidey, confrontational shite does you no favours btw, learn to deal with opposing views ffs.

I'll sit back and watch how this is done 

There will be plentiful examples of this on here that I can learn from 

Cheers 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I'll sit back and watch how this is done 

There will be plentiful examples of this on here that I can learn from 

Cheers 

Never mind

3 hours ago, RonnieG said:

Thats not what is says.  Lets not have 20 posts picking up the story wrong.   They will sign players once the squad is on full pay. The deferral will be paid back in May 2021.  They could be on full pay in a month if the government change the distancing rules.  Same goes for us, if we are back in training Id expect us on full pay. 

Yes, but the ethics of spending money on new employees when you still owe current employees lots of money is questionable at best. 

1 minute ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Many of these subjects are inextricably linked 

Spiteful venom? I thought I was merely stating what was abundantly obvious 

When a club spectacularly under achieves it's quite ok to call it out as such. Doesn't make you less of a fan if you call it with honesty dather than bury your head in the sand 

You have chosen to link them to pursue your tireless onslaught.

You're either thick as mince or you're at it?  Which is it?

I suppose there is another alternative.  Maybe you are familiar with a big green shed in a field on the outskirts of Ormiston which is in E. Lothian, hence your new username.

East Lothian Jambo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Never mind

On the contrary, I've taken your advice 

I've already noted how respectful posters are of each other on Kickback 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

A young friend of mine in Sydney felt unwell last week and went to one of the many testing clinics where he was promptly tested, and had results that proved negative by the next day. I'm not convinced the govt here is doing anything near enough on this.

A guy I know went into hospital to get his throat checked as it had been bothering him 5 days ago. Not symptoms of Coronavirus just a bad throat but they decided to test him anyway to be sure, fair enough good idea eh. They told him to go home and dont leave the house, if the test is positive we’ll have called you within 24 hours as of course it’s serious and you need to know ASAP. If the test is negative we just won’t call you at all.

He waited 48 hours to be safe, never heard anything and so assumed he was in the clear and went to work the day after. He got a call when he got home from work to say he has tested positive and needs to self-isolate. He’s a ticket man on public transport. He was in tears. Not because of his own health but he’s worried he’s potentially handed it on to someone who could die and all after following all the rules to the letter.

2 hours ago, RonnieG said:

BBC news report -    

Many of Celtic's foreign contingent - including Tom Rogic, Olivier Ntcham, Jozo Simnovic and Kristoffer Ajer - have returned to their native countries.

Lennon said the remainder of the squad are still coming to Lennoxtown to train out on the grass, but only in groups of two at a time at the facility with no coaches.

That is not “groups doing physical training” or anything like what tried to portray. 2 Players jogging round a grass pitch with no coaches if they are still doing it is a million miles away from being ready to kick off the season again. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

That is not “groups doing physical training” or anything like what tried to portray. 2 Players jogging round a grass pitch with no coaches if they are still doing it is a million miles away from being ready to kick off the season again. 

It would be interesting to know the arrangements for dressing-rooms and showers etc unless sessions are timed separately.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It would be interesting to know the arrangements for dressing-rooms and showers etc unless sessions are timed separately.

I took facilities as the grass pitch. I’d imagine the indoor facilities to be locked up and they certainly wouldn’t be using changing rooms or showers. 

I think the poster involved lost his way trying To hard to back up Hibs. 

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I took facilities as the grass pitch. I’d imagine the indoor facilities to be locked up and they certainly wouldn’t be using changing rooms or showers. 

I think the poster involved lost his way trying To hard to back up Hibs. 

Jesus - you simple cannot debate anything on here without some fantoosh saying you are Hibs fan.  Grow up laddie.   Best not to bother with a forum if its just going to be everyone agreeing how wonderful the club are and everything they are doing is fantastic. 

Gilberts Fridge

neil lennon.

Seems they're training at home

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18349976.coronavirus-scotland-celtic-defender-greg-tayor-keeping-fit/

I would be surprised if anyone is training at their club. One of the related reasons for no unnecessary travel is to limit the risk of emergency services from having to deal with issues such as a car accident etc and diverting resource away from the reaction to the virus. 

Gilberts Fridge

neil lennon.

Seems they're training at home

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18349976.coronavirus-scotland-celtic-defender-greg-tayor-keeping-fit/

I would be surprised if anyone is training at their club. One of the related reasons for no unnecessary travel is to limit the risk of emergency services from having to deal with issues such as a car accident etc and diverting resource away from the reaction to the virus. 

14 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Jesus - you simple cannot debate anything on here without some fantoosh saying you are Hibs fan.  Grow up laddie.   Best not to bother with a forum if its just going to be everyone agreeing how wonderful the club are and everything they are doing is fantastic. 

Good

15 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

😂😂😂

Yeah mate you’ve nailed it. 

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I think we will know who/how many, reasonably quickly. Confidentiality wont be able to shield this from the hacks. 

Surely anyone who would turn down 50% of a footballers wage right now must really want away, no matter what spin they try.

Not sure it’s something that needs to be put in the public domain. If Mrs Budge says she has reached a satisfactory factory solution and we will get through the next few months then that’s good enough for me. No need to know individual agreements. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure it’s something that needs to be put in the public domain. If Mrs Budge says she has reached a satisfactory factory solution and we will get through the next few months then that’s good enough for me. No need to know individual agreements. 

I can't relate, I'll be dying to know!

Ex member of the SaS

Ok Hibs players taking deferment with half paid back in December and the rest in May next year.

The really important part is Ron Gordon claiming no player will be signed until the " debt " is repaid. So Hibs won't be signing anyone between now and a year come May. If the virus is over and football returns it's going to leave them tight for players. ( I assume they will resign any players who come to the end of their contract in the meantime. ) 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok Hibs players taking deferment with half paid back in December and the rest in May next year.

The really important part is Ron Gordon claiming no player will be signed until the " debt " is repaid. So Hibs won't be signing anyone between now and a year come May. If the virus is over and football returns it's going to leave them tight for players. ( I assume they will resign any players who come to the end of their contract in the meantime. ) 

Lies. They’ll definitely sign players.

28 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Big Ronnie will be on to correct you shortly.

pettigrewsstylist
56 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If there are any  no longer at the club, will likely mean it is firmly in the public domain. 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

baxterd1974
50 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I think it's open to interpretation and this isn't the correct interpretation, not sure of course.

He says no signings until back on full pay, that's different from repaying the deferred wages.  Either way the deferral will be a reasonable hit on the budgets.

7 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

If there are any  no longer at the club, will likely mean it is firmly in the public domain. 

Was meaning those that agreed to take some form of pay cut. 

Not sure if anyone read the DR  page from 16hrs ago but it says the PFA (player union) have contacted the players and hearts.  The players want a deferral of wages until football resumes.  Then looking at a bbc news post days before Locky quoted as saying players will have to take a cut.  So I am going to assume players will be leaving if they are not agreeing.

Although nothing coming out of tynecastle yet so they might be discussing a deal

Edited by HMFC01

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Not sure if anyone read the DR  page from 16hrs ago but it says the PFA (player union) have contacted the players and hearts.  The players want a deferral of wages until football resumes.  Then looking at a bbc news post days before Locky quoted as saying players will have to take a cut.  So I am going to assume players will be leaving if they are not agreeing.

Couldn’t care less if they did leave to be honest.

4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Not sure if anyone read the DR  page from 8hrs ago but it says the PFA (player union) have contacted the players and hearts.  The players want a deferral of wages until football resumes.  Then looking at a bbc news post days before Locky quoted as saying players will have to take a cut.  So I am going to assume players will be leaving if they are not agreeing.

Perhaps could all have been communicated better From our side and I understand some players may end up in financial difficulty which is of course a shame for them and their families. But at the same time I’ve never in my puff disliked an entire squad of Hearts players, these last 2 seasons there are only 3 guys I’d keep and who I think have given there all. The rest of them I genuinely hope the club sack,screw the media interpretation of it. Our club is more important and these guys don’t deserve to play for us, let alone get paid by us.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Can I ask where you get the confidence that it’s good enough for you?  That’s just complete blind faith. The players and support should know exactly what we are dealing with - especially when you consider how close we are to being fan owned (supporters first). 

Kidd’s Boots
34 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Although nothing coming out of tynecastle yet so they might be discussing a deal

Read this article too, and frankly, any player who seeks the advice of Fraser Wishart or Tony Higgins needs their head examined. Phone the Samaritans, they are more interested in problems than this pair of self serving idiots.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Isn’t the claim in the papers that they won’t sign anyone until the players are back on full pay, which would make more sense? 

1 minute ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Read this article too, and frankly, any player who seeks the advice of Fraser Wishart or Tony Higgins needs their head examined. Phone the Samaritans, they are more interested in problems than this pair of self serving idiots.

Fraser Wishart is extremely well respected in the job he does for the pfa and has guided players through many administrations - including HMFC. Just because he wants the best for the players instead of the club doesn’t make him a self serving idiot.

But, in this time of siege mentality of anyone who says anything about the club and how it’s being ran or handled the situation is the enemy it’s completely understandable the reaction.  If the former FoH chairman is getting it right after all the work he done to keep the club alive then anyone seems fair game on here. 

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Couldn’t care less if they did leave to be honest.

Indeed.  **** them.

Malinga the Swinga

Fraser Wishart is blind to what happening in the real world. He looks upon footballers as a breed that deserve special attention in a world where more and more people are seeing what an overpaid self deluded bunch of wanks they really are, with the very rare exception.

24 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Can I ask where you get the confidence that it’s good enough for you?  That’s just complete blind faith. The players and support should know exactly what we are dealing with - especially when you consider how close we are to being fan owned (supporters first). 

We are not currently fan-owned and even if we were that doesn’t give every fan the right to know all contract details for every employee. Is your salary, terms and conditions etc in the public domain?  Do the share holders of your employer know the precise details of every employees contract of employment?  I suspect the answer to both questions is no. Why should it be different for Hearts players regardless of who owns the company. 

19 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

They won’t be listening to those clowns. They won’t be talking to anyone but their agents as well as talking amongst themselves 

Edited by soonbe110

16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Fraser Wishart is extremely well respected in the job he does for the pfa and has guided players through many administrations - including HMFC. Just because he wants the best for the players instead of the club doesn’t make him a self serving idiot.

But, in this time of siege mentality of anyone who says anything about the club and how it’s being ran or handled the situation is the enemy it’s completely understandable the reaction.  If the former FoH chairman is getting it right after all the work he done to keep the club alive then anyone seems fair game on here. 

What work did he actually do? 

Kidd’s Boots
15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I have no doubt that FW has proved significant assistance to the members of PFA during administration scenario. No club in Scotland is currently in administration, but I'm sure his experience will be sought after when these do arise. 

I believe that the siege mentality in the clubs scenario currently is being driven by FW & TH by advising their members to not accept a pay reduction and trying to negotiate terms during this unprecedented set of circumstances. In the SPFL, Celtic and Hamilton have put non playing staff in furlough, and I have no doubt they be followed by others in due course. By freeing up 80% of these salaries, which will now be covered by the government, or put another way, taxpayers, they free up capital to pay players contracts. Now, while this is not illegal, I would much rather have the scenario as put out by AB, that as club, we are all in this together rather than the smoke and mirrors other clubs are putting forward about their financial obligations. A wage deferral is jam tomorrow boys, nothing more. A 50% cut is decisive and being funded by the club, not by the government, something which I think has passed many people by, including the media.

My opinions on how this is being handled by the PFA are just that just, opinions and if I am  proved wrong I will humblely retract most of them!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Latest statement

The board’s priority has always been to both protect jobs and ensure the club’s survival during these unprecedented times.

The effects of the Covid-19 pandemic means that many of our operations have effectively been brought to a standstill. We are now in a position whereby we can fully utilise the Government’s Job Retention Scheme, and as such we have taken the decision to furlough the majority of non-football employees. This will safe guard jobs and guarantee those employees 80% of their income. The club will ensure that no member of staff falls below the Living Wage rate. We will continually review the situation and look forward to welcoming staff back when it is safe and appropriate to do so.

A number of members of staff continue to operate fully within their roles to ensure we are in the best position possible when football returns.

The club continues to work with the football department to find the best solution to the current situation, with the same objectives in mind, namely to protect jobs and our future.”

Wonder if Levein is one of the guys considered to important to be furloughed so still getting his 100%...... 

Only kidding, let’s not go there eh! 

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Latest statement

The board’s priority has always been to both protect jobs and ensure the club’s survival during these unprecedented times.

The effects of the Covid-19 pandemic means that many of our operations have effectively been brought to a standstill. We are now in a position whereby we can fully utilise the Government’s Job Retention Scheme, and as such we have taken the decision to furlough the majority of non-football employees. This will safe guard jobs and guarantee those employees 80% of their income. The club will ensure that no member of staff falls below the Living Wage rate. We will continually review the situation and look forward to welcoming staff back when it is safe and appropriate to do so.

A number of members of staff continue to operate fully within their roles to ensure we are in the best position possible when football returns.

The club continues to work with the football department to find the best solution to the current situation, with the same objectives in mind, namely to protect jobs and our future.”

Football department... 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Wonder if Levein is one of the guys considered to important to be furloughed so still getting his 100%...... 

Only kidding, let’s not go there eh! 

His wages will be too high to be furloughed.  Or at least only £2,500 per month could be.

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve never been so out of love with a group of players than this one. 

I know players are on contracts compared to full time employees but the absolute maximum they should be taking is 80% of their basic salary.

No deferrals.  And that's just not Hearts but any other club, association, business that furloughs employees.

3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Well they better have walked to the training ground and not driven by car.

The advice on Radio Scotland yesterday was that you only got in your car or public transport to go exercise if it was impossible to access an acceptable exercise environment where you resided.

I very much doubt the vast majority of Celtic players aren't living in affluent areas on the outskirts of Glasgow with ample parklands nearby.

Edited by DETTY29