Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

RON GORDON has promised Hibs players taking wage deferrals he’ll make NO new signings until they are back on full pay.

Jack Ross and his squad have agreed a 20 per cent cut, with half the money to be repaid in December and the rest in May 2021.

Ron Gordon has made the promise to Hibs players

Andy Barr - The Sun Glasgow

Gordon has vowed no new players will be signed until the cuts end.

Is that him looking at Companies House website and realising their accounts still haven't been filed and are now overdue.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

13 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Even based on his limited number of posts I never thought I'd find myself saying this but I agree with RonnieG's assessment here. I think that the statement only says that Hibs won't sign any players for the period of the deferment, not all the way until May 2021. A 20% deferral doesn't seem much though and will make them look a bit silly if they then have to subsequently cut deeper because they've run out of cash.

Agreed.  I think they are gambling that football will be back in full training in a month or so. 

26 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:lol:

So what... the coincidence prompted you to take a strong interest in Hibs, and then join a Hearts forum to discuss him/Hibs?

Pretty sure i joined a while before their takeover.   Maybe i am him?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Well done to our management, players and staff who've agreed to Mrs Budge sensible decision to cut wages and I believe everybody else who hasn't agreed has until 5pm today! My personal opinion is anybody who doesn't agree by 5pm today and hopefully everybody will agree but if not and there is this clause 12 and it legally watertight I'd just use it and say bye bye because to be honest the players have let us down badly anyway so no sympathy for them whatsoever 

3 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Pretty sure i joined a while before their takeover.   Maybe i am him?

:lol:

Maybe... if so, I would like to congratulate you, and I look forward to you turning HSL in to your repayment vehicle so the vermin can pony up for any infrastructure projects. 👍🐴⬆️

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

RON GORDON has promised Hibs players taking wage deferrals he’ll make NO new signings until they are back on full pay.

Jack Ross and his squad have agreed a 20 per cent cut, with half the money to be repaid in December and the rest in May 2021.

Andy Barr - The Sun Glasgow

Gordon has vowed no new players will be signed until the cuts end.

Hibs fans seem to think this is a positive.

Just now, Koolkeith said:

Hibs fans seem to think this is a positive.

They will keep up that veneer in public for a while. Their dot.nest PM board says differently. After a short while a few dissenting voices will make it on to the public forums. :lol: 

1 hour ago, RonnieG said:

You have misread that.  They wont sign any until the players are back on full pay.  That could be as soon as June / July if they go back to training.  They will pay back the deferrals in 2 chunks, Xmas and May 2021.

Yeah just caught the headline. Pretty much a non story then as I’m sure no one will be making signings until everyone is back on full pay. 

15 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Agreed.  I think they are gambling that football will be back in full training in a month or so. 

Back in full training before this thing is even close to its peak ? 😂

Sounds a sensible approach. 

pettigrewsstylist
13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well done to our management, players and staff who've agreed to Mrs Budge sensible decision to cut wages and I believe everybody else who hasn't agreed has until 5pm today! My personal opinion is anybody who doesn't agree by 5pm today and hopefully everybody will agree but if not and there is this clause 12 and it legally watertight I'd just use it and say bye bye because to be honest the players have let us down badly anyway so no sympathy for them whatsoever 

I think we will know who/how many, reasonably quickly. Confidentiality wont be able to shield this from the hacks. 

Surely anyone who would turn down 50% of a footballers wage right now must really want away, no matter what spin they try.

4 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

It 100% won’t be. They surely can’t be gambling on that. 

My take on things, they are trying to save face and avoid the backlash we have had, as are most clubs. With Budge acting as she has first, we now have probably two more moves to make:

1. 50% wage cut across the board (we’ve done this part)  

2. Cutting all non playing staff, critical staff. 
3. Total shut down of the playing side, article 12 (sorry if that’s the wrong term). 

Clubs like Hibs, and the others that have deferred could have a more tricky road but will ultimately end up at point 2 and 3 the same as us. By taking the high road so to be speak they have a bigger fall from grace than us. 

Football isn’t coming back for at least 6 months. That takes us to September/October. Teams will be much changed and players will need a pre season, that’ll be at least 4 weeks. That takes us into potentially November. That also doesn’t factor in or take into consideration the fact that most experts believe we will see another initial surge in the virus once we go back to “normal”.  I can’t imagine they’ll allow the transfer window to stay as is or even “open” at this point as we will just see rich clubs buy up all the best players from the clubs proper struggling, can’t see FIFA/UEFA allowing this to happen. For example, Celtic buy up Hickey, McKenna, Campbell etx etx for cut, cut prices. This period will end in clubs having to go basically into hibernation IMO. I think eventually next season will be cancelled if we continue to peruse the notion that this current season has to be played to a conclusion. The sensible solution for me would be to call the league as is, bring two sides up from each league and have more relegations the following season. Push back the start of next season and if needs be, pull both cups so that we can play league games in the weekend/weekdays assigned to them. 

Very scary times ahead. I will still be very shocked if we don’t lose clubs to this. 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

My take on things, they are trying to save face and avoid the backlash we have had, as are most clubs. With Budge acting as she has first, we now have probably two more moves to make:

3. Total shut down of the playing side, article 12 (sorry if that’s the wrong term). 

Clubs like Hibs, and the others that have deferred could have a more tricky road but will ultimately end up at point 2 and 3 the same as us. By taking the high road so to be speak they have a bigger fall from grace than us. 

Football isn’t coming back for at least 6 months. That takes us to September/October. Teams will be much changed and players will need a pre season, that’ll be at least 4 weeks. That takes us into potentially November. That also doesn’t factor in or take into consideration the fact that most experts believe we will see another initial surge in the virus once we go back to “normal”.  I can’t imagine they’ll allow the transfer window to stay as is or even “open” at this point as we will just see rich clubs buy up all the best players from the clubs proper struggling, can’t see FIFA/UEFA allowing this to happen. For example, Celtic buy up Hickey, McKenna, Campbell etx etx for cut, cut prices. This period will end in clubs having to go basically into hibernation IMO. I think eventually next season will be cancelled if we continue to peruse the notion that this current season has to be played to a conclusion. The sensible solution for me would be to call the league as is, bring two sides up from each league and have more relegations the following season. Push back the start of next season and if needs be, pull both cups so that we can play league games in the weekend/weekdays assigned to them. 

Very scary times ahead. I will still be very shocked if we don’t lose clubs to this. 

Celtic already have players in physical training.  Just in small groups and keeping sensible distance.  We wont see games for a while but other countries like Sweden are still doing friendlies.   Personaly i think most team will be back in full training within 2 months.  At that point testing kits will be easily available as will jabs with antibodies. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Celtic already have players in physical training.  Just in small groups and keeping sensible distance.  We wont see games for a while but other countries like Sweden are still doing friendlies.   Personaly i think most team will be back in full training within 2 months.  At that point testing kits will be easily available as will jabs with antibodies. 

Not a chance! Be very lucky to see any football again before september in my opinion 

Gilberts Fridge
7 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Celtic already have players in physical training.  Just in small groups and keeping sensible distance.  

Do you have a source for that.

Edited by Gilberts Fridge

12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The sensible solution for me would be to call the league as is, bring two sides up from each league

This is what will happen imo. Reckon it’s already been decided.

1 hour ago, RonnieG said:

Just making sure we dont all look a bit silly. 😉 

Please go back to hibsnet

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

I would like to see a source for it too, as Celtic would be in trouble if that was seen to be happening. Considering we are in lockdown I dont think they would be too popular if they are carrying that out. Even the point about 1 piece of exercise a day has been clear that it is not meant to be in groups. 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

2 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

Ron Gordon I’d imagine. 

He completely contradicts what the Celtic players have said. 

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

This is what will happen imo. Reckon it’s already been decided.

Seems the sensible thing to do.........that worries me. The SFA will probably award the league to Rangers, relegate us to the Vida league North 😂

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Ron Gordon I’d imagine. 

He completely contradicts what the Celtic players have said. 

BBC news report -    

Many of Celtic's foreign contingent - including Tom Rogic, Olivier Ntcham, Jozo Simnovic and Kristoffer Ajer - have returned to their native countries.

Lennon said the remainder of the squad are still coming to Lennoxtown to train out on the grass, but only in groups of two at a time at the facility with no coaches.

2 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

BBC news report -    

Many of Celtic's foreign contingent - including Tom Rogic, Olivier Ntcham, Jozo Simnovic and Kristoffer Ajer - have returned to their native countries.

Lennon said the remainder of the squad are still coming to Lennoxtown to train out on the grass, but only in groups of two at a time at the facility with no coaches.

When was this quoted? 

We are in total government lock down and am sure Celtic won’t be actively encouraging players to train in any groups, even if it is only two. Every other club in Britain is in lock down. 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

When was this quoted? 

We are in total government lock down and am sure Celtic won’t be actively encouraging players to train in any groups, even if it is only two. Every other club in Britain is in lock down. 

Other teams down south have players in using facilities too. 

1 minute ago, RonnieG said:

Other teams down south have players in using facilities too. 

That may be the case, and they can do so as they please, the government will dictate when we get back to football and I can’t see that being any time soon. I hope I am wrong on that tho as I don’t want to see any football club go bust over this, except maybe Rangers and your lot 😂😂😂 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Lennon said the remainder of the squad are still coming to Lennoxtown to train out on the grass, but only in groups of two at a time at the facility with no coaches."

Ah, that makes more sense, the way RonnieG made it sound was bigger groups still do full physical training rather two players at a time. Still question Celtic doing this but definitely not an indicator that the teams are very soon going to be ready to play and football will be back.

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Lennon said the remainder of the squad are still coming to Lennoxtown to train out on the grass, but only in groups of two at a time at the facility with no coaches."

Hmm. Government advice/instruction is that everyone should be taking their exercise locally, not travelling to do it. 

Media outrage? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sweden's not in lockdown. Their Government have left it up to the individual, to decide if they want to stay home or not. And even that decision is starting to be questioned in Sweden by liberals.

As for testing kits and antibodies being ready by 2 months...even if they were, it'll be for frontline workers in the NHS, not so footballer's can get back to the day job. 

**** sake.

This.

Although I'm looking forward to my missus getting tested because I'm half convinced we both caught this shit in January on holiday in the States.

That's right, some of us did get a holiday this year. :verysmug:

Nookie Bear
33 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You've nevet met UEFA/FIFA?

11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

When was this quoted? 

Don’t think it’s in contravention tbh. The rules are that you can only leave the house for four reasons:

Essential shopping

Exercise once a day

Travel to work

Medical reasons

Travel to work only if you cannot work from home. I guess, that would be the argument. Whether or not they can train at home? 🤷‍♂️

The UK.gov advice doesn’t actually state that it’s only key workers who can go to work.

Nookie Bear
Just now, busby1985 said:

Haha fair point. 

Although you made me think: now would be the perfect opportunity for Europe's major clubs to quit in DISGUST at losing their titles and form a nice little league amongst themselves.They have been desparate to do this for yuears so why not now?

22 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Seems the sensible thing to do.........that worries me. The SFA will probably award the league to Rangers, relegate us to the Vida league North 😂

True! :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This.

Although I'm looking forward to my missus getting tested because I'm half convinced we both caught this shit in January on holiday in the States.

That's right, some of us did get a holiday this year. :verysmug:

Could be a crock of shit Geoff, I was in a call at work yesterday, health of divers is critical to our business continuity. Cut a long story short, they are getting tested, the tests somehow demonstrate whilst you have Covid19 it is that, but retrospectively they wont be able to tell what virus it was that you had, just that you had one.

I don't know to be honest, just passing on some info that came my way yesterday in a top secret call (overstating my part :) )

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Although you made me think: now would be the perfect opportunity for Europe's major clubs to quit in DISGUST at losing their titles and form a nice little league amongst themselves.They have been desparate to do this for yuears so why not now?

You couldn't rule that out. A lot of stuff kicking about Linked In, restrategise, football might not be any different. Could be a good idea, even as a one off in desperate times. I nominate Celtic and Rangers as founder members

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe that would leave some space in one of the Englsih Lower Leagues for Rangers and Celtic to move to and we could have a much fairer league up here where virtually anyone could win it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Could be a crock of shit Geoff, I was in a call at work yesterday, health of divers is critical to our business continuity. Cut a long story short, they are getting tested, the tests somehow demonstrate whilst you have Covid19 it is that, but retrospectively they wont be able to tell what virus it was that you had, just that you had one.

I don't know to be honest, just passing on some info that came my way yesterday in a top secret call (overstating my part :) )

It could be, who knows. The thing might have mutated again by then in any case. Either way, the fact that you have antibodies will weaken any subsequent fecker that tries to do what it does.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It could be, who knows. The thing might have mutated again by then in any case. Either way, the fact that you have antibodies will weaken any subsequent fecker that tries to do what it does.

Indeed, didn't realise until this happened, its the antibodies that actually make you feel ill, fighting the virus. Never was very interested in sciences, amazing how much real shit you can read, when football disappears! 

Stay safe 👍

Lennon said it on Monday night on 5 Live . It's on the monday night football podcast. Includes a nice wee question from Chris Sutton.

I don't think they are training in twos and threes now, according to the sun.  I saw on Skysports last night Lennon saying they were training in pairs but that might've been old news.  Short quote. 

We were trying to get the players in to train at Lennoxtown in twos and threes.

“But we had to stop that as well under the guidelines from the government and the association.

Also seen Stendel getting interview from his home over internet.  Mentioned the club and the manager both have a clause in contract about relegation release.  Not just the managers side.

Edited by HMFC01

41 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sweden's not in lockdown. Their Government have left it up to the individual, to decide if they want to stay home or not. And even that decision is starting to be questioned in Sweden by liberals.

As for testing kits and antibodies being ready by 2 months...even if they were, it'll be for frontline workers in the NHS, not so footballer's can get back to the day job. 

**** sake.

A young friend of mine in Sydney felt unwell last week and went to one of the many testing clinics where he was promptly tested, and had results that proved negative by the next day. I'm not convinced the govt here is doing anything near enough on this.

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Harder to mash that in to a negative argument though. :( 

If you think the Hearts Academy is performing it probably illustrates the incredibly low standards you have 

Craig Levein fanboy 👍

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

That doesn't mean only celtic developed him, he was a teenager who'd never even played a reserve game and was developed into a first team regular who appeared in a cup final.

I never suggested Celtic developed him in isolation. I said we didn't develop Hickey. Perhaps I should've qualified that as Mothy is desperate to be offended by ne all over Kickback on matters various. Hickey is a fine young player 

My point being that after 6 years and several million pounds later there need to be questions asked about what the Academy is producing. There needs to be a period of considerable reflection once this crisis is over to ascertain why Hearts were on the brink of relegation and how for example we haven't been able to produce a centre half,  an area we are desperately short, for almost 6 years 

I appreciate my views are unwelcome by some who simply cant countenance the reasons why we've under achieved so badly on so many key issues within the club

1 minute ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I never suggested Celtic developed him in isolation. I said we didn't develop Hickey. Perhaps I should've qualified that as Mothy is desperate to be offended by ne all over Kickback on matters various. Hickey is a fine young player 

My point being that after 6 years and several million pounds later there need to be questions asked about what the Academy is producing. There needs to be a period of considerable reflection once this crisis is over to ascertain why Hearts were on the brink of relegation and how for example we haven't been able to produce a centre half,  an area we are desperately short, for almost 6 years 

I appreciate my views are unwelcome by some who simply cant countenance the reasons why we've under achieved so badly on so many key issues within the club

Yes you should have clarified it, Spencer. What you said wasn’t true. You said Hearts never developed Hickey. They did. Don’t blame me for you talking pish, that’s on you. :thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Academy development can be hard to judge. If, for example, Hearts pulled together a very good crop of 9/10 year olds six years ago, they’ll need a little longer to come through. It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that there is some potential in the academy (and I say that as someone with zero faith or confidence in Levein).

Does no-one on here have any connections to the academy or know people in it? If there were particularly good players or group in it, they’d surely be getting spoken about. You never hear or read anything in the media.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Academy development can be hard to judge. If, for example, Hearts pulled together a very good crop of 9/10 year olds six years ago, they’ll need a little longer to come through. It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that there is some potential in the academy (and I say that as someone with zero faith or confidence in Levein).

Does no-one on here have any connections to the academy or know people in it? If there were particularly good players or group in it, they’d surely be getting spoken about. You never hear or read anything in the media.

We dont advertise as other clubs will pinch them. There are good players in the academy, trust me on that one.

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes you should have clarified it, Spencer. What you said wasn’t true. You said Hearts never developed Hickey. They did. Don’t blame me for you talking pish, that’s on you. :thumbsup:

What's this Spencer stuff mate? 

Anyway, I'm intrigued.  What was the phone-in subject?  

9 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

But the thread is not about that.

Your views are welcome but in the right thread.  It would be helpful if you didn't pollute every thread with spiteful venom.

East Lothian Jambo
Just now, John Findlay said:

We dont advertise as other clubs will pinch them. There are good players in the academy, trust me on that one.

There most likely are. If you are going to make a declaration that our club ethos is going to be seeking to unearth hidden gems and promotion of young players to ultimately sell after exposure to around 100+ games and after 6 years the reality is diametrically different, questions are going to be asked about what has gone on to be on brink of relegation and continual squad overhaul each year 

I appreciate the Academy was neglected very badly prior to Administration.  I would have thought period 2014 -2020 might have produced much more than we've seen to date