Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He’s leaking it to the sun, again , after knowing the original email if he did leak to the sun, implemented him That he’s been completely found out?  Surely he isn’t that ****in thick?  

Why? Surely he isn't any more thick than a large proportion of our own fan base who can't see what's happening here. Were going to be relegated. Rightly or wrongly. But it'll happen. But how the **** has that happened to a club of our size? Horrendous ownership. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Fair enough.👍

Being sincere too (for what it’s worth). I’ve never knocked you or whatever you’ve said before and your posts are always appreciated as someone who knows what is going on. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Being sincere too (for what it’s worth). I’ve never knocked you or whatever you’ve said before and your posts are always appreciated as someone who knows what is going on. 

You did try to pin this on Levein rather than Preston just 20 minutes ago though 😉

I'm not getting into any argument about Levein either.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

You did try to pin this on Levein rather than Preston just 20 minutes ago though 😉

I'm not getting into any argument about Levein either.

Nothing to do what you’ve said though.  You were respectable saying check the club website (about five mins before it came online) my guess (aye Al it was a guess,dweeb) was it was to be linked to the sun exclusives of the past.  I never once came across as saying I doubted what you post and tbh apologises if it came across that way.  As it’s the exact opposite 👍

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Nothing to do what you’ve said though.  You were respectable saying check the club website (about five mins before it came online) my guess (aye Al it was a guess,dweeb) was it was to be linked to the sun exclusives of the past.  I never once came across as saying I doubted what you post and tbh apologises if it came across that way.  As it’s the exact opposite 👍

I had know idea what the club were going to say tonight. It was though obvious where the nonsense came from. I honestly can't say how I know and lets leave it there..

I have a busy day tomorrow. My government sanctioned exercise for the first time in 14 days and telling my mortgage company to bolt for 3 months. Followed by beer 👍.

Stay inside and stay safe.

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I had know idea what the club were going to say tonight. It was though obvious where the nonsense came from. I honestly can't say how I know and lets leave it there..

I have a busy day tomorrow. My government sanctioned exercise for the first time in 14 days and telling my mortgage company to bolt for 3 months. Followed by beer 👍.

Stay inside and stay safe.

You too mate.  Hope you enjoy that beer 👍

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Told y'all you should follow me on Twitter.

:greggy:

Handle?  The last Barack I followed (think he was the legit old president) turned into snoop dogg and is now kicking about Jamaica 

51 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This is my shite and fairly sick analogy.

The rest of Scottish football are at the wash your hands for twenty minutes and you will be fine stage of acceptance.

Hearts are at the stay the **** at home stage because they can see what's coming.

perfectly put

Looks like the cuts we all knew Hibs would have to make are incoming. Ron Gordon confirming the inevitable is in the post. 

Their nut job support will no doubt declare it a wise move, sound business acumen etc. whilst simultaneously continuing to deride Hearts for already doing it. It will only make the Holy Hibees all the stronger, of course, while hertz hurtle toward administration. 

Bampots. 

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

He’s leaking it to the sun, again , after knowing the original email if he did leak to the sun, implemented him That he’s been completely found out?  Surely he isn’t that ****in thick?  

People who know say it's Preston. You, who don't have a clue, say it's Levein. I know who I believe but you carry on your wee campaign, just making you look stupid

Every player in Scotland was written to or email by the PFA telling them that their was something in their contracts that meant clubs could revoke their payments in the case of a pandemic. Clubs then either wrote to or verbally told players about the clause. Paul McGowan on open goal podcast confirmed this. I said on here yesterday that Rangers told their players to “expect” cuts if things continue as they are. The meetings yesterday with all 42 clubs was supposed to tie up loose ends but never actually solved anything hence why we are starting to see some clubs react. I don’t understand, well I do, why Hearts are being slaughtered for acting first. It’s beyond bizarre that we are being hung out to dry for looking after the future of the club and more importantly, it’s non playing staff. If the proverbial does hit the fan, you better believe the non playing side of football will be the first casualty. Can’t see how what we’ve done can be seen as a negative. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Every player in Scotland was written to or email by the PFA telling them that their was something in their contracts that meant clubs could revoke their payments in the case of a pandemic. Clubs then either wrote to or verbally told players about the clause. Paul McGowan on open goal podcast confirmed this. I said on here yesterday that Rangers told their players to “expect” cuts if things continue as they are. The meetings yesterday with all 42 clubs was supposed to tie up loose ends but never actually solved anything hence why we are starting to see some clubs react. I don’t understand, well I do, why Hearts are being slaughtered for acting first. It’s beyond bizarre that we are being hung out to dry for looking after the future of the club and more importantly, it’s non playing staff. If the proverbial does hit the fan, you better believe the non playing side of football will be the first casualty. Can’t see how what we’ve done can be seen as a negative. 

Feels to me that Hearts are 'planning' and most others are 'hoping'... 

5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Feels to me that Hearts are 'planning' and most others are 'hoping'... 

Yeah, I think Budge pretty much confirmed that with her statement. She even said “not waiting on a miracle” which I think is a sly dig at other clubs who haven’t acted yet. 

Just glad we still have Ann Budge at the helm during these times. Can only imagine the mess we’d be in right now and the actions (lack of?) we’d be taking. Incredible to think that there were folk advocating handing over ownership right in the middle of all of this.

Genuinely hope we take some kind of action against Alan Preston. The man is an absolute *****.

7 hours ago, Last Laff said:

You too mate.  Hope you enjoy that beer 👍

You certainly seemed to have enjoyed yours going by the tripe you posted last night - and this morning.

Edited by JamboAl

51 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Just glad we still have Ann Budge at the helm during these times. Can only imagine the mess we’d be in right now and the actions (lack of?) we’d be taking. Incredible to think that there were folk advocating handing over ownership right in the middle of all of this.

Genuinely hope we take some kind of action against Alan Preston. The man is an absolute *****.

I keep seeing Alan Preston’s name being bandied around. Has it been proven he was the source of the leaked e-mail, and if so, how was it proven..?

9 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I keep seeing Alan Preston’s name being bandied around. Has it been proven he was the source of the leaked e-mail, and if so, how was it proven..?

It was him. I believe @nott1874, and his source on this one is impeccable. 

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Barack said:

A wise man on Twitter, has already suggested libel proceedings.

You'd think a wise man would suggest defamation, what with there being no libel in scotland.

:verysmug:

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It was him. I believe @nott1874, and his source on this one is impeccable. 

I’m struggling to see what’s in it for Preston to reveal this as I don’t think he has any ‘major’ players at Hearts, just younger guys who won’t really be affected.

Is there a doomsday scenario where all 42 clubs go bust? The uglies might take a bit longer but we know their fans don’t help out in a crisis. All players are freed and all clubs re start in their previous leagues with £0 in the bank. 

(Not a serious post btw but an interesting scenario)

All players wages could be stopped with article 12 or whatever it is. This would allow players to cancel contracts. Players offered 50% wage but not forced so the contracts won't be cancelled. The club also gave players some notice this would happen giving time to get themselves sorted. 

The club could pay full wages till the end of May I would imagine but with little to no income that can't be supported through the closed season. 

It will be interesting to see how all clubs come out of this in the end. 

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It's a shame she maybe hadn't been as forceful and pre-emtive with Levein and McPhee.

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see that fat twat Boyd is having (yet) another go at AB in the Scottish Hun. 

If he keeps doing that then it keeps the heat of his beloved Rangers who will be in as much if not more financial bother than most clubs.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's a shame she maybe hadn't been as forceful and pre-emtive with Levein and McPhee.

C'mon Davy, you can do better than that.

COVID 19 and wage cuts are serious matters in their own right.  CL and AM have been well discussed elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

C'mon Davy, you can do better than that.

COVID 19 and wage cuts are serious matters in their own right.  CL and AM have been well discussed elsewhere.

Never suggested otherwise Al. I think AB is doing the right thing and if truth be known a number of these players that have been asked to take a 50% wage cut should probably only be on the reduced amount when we signed them anyway.

She has shown that she can take a hard line stance when it suits her so why so soft with the other two?

Perth to Paisley

Doesnt sound like its Daniel going through the squad going _Good Guy , Good Guy  W4nk.

Individual Players have the choice to accept the 50% or their contract is terminated (with legal approval of the league/SFA ... Clause 12)

It may be that only the Good Guys leave and we are left with the rest. 

It's not a selective cull.

Nelly Terraces

Far from banning the likes of the Sun or BBC, I'd actually like to see someone at Hearts offer guys like Boyd & McManus the 'opportunity' of a live discussion on this issue. Maybe do it on Facebook. Absolutely certain these deadheads would be shown up as the slavering clueless feckwits they are. They like to spout shite without really being challenged & it's time someone took them to task face to face (albeit virtually of course!). 

10 hours ago, Last Laff said:

It has to be the way ahead.  It’s not just a gripe by a couple of columnists now it’s the sun, blatantly using the situation we find ourselves in to make up stories to coin in.  It’s quite sick if you look at the overall picture.   Some people’s only release (me included) from this current situation is club football and this is the kind of shit that could push folk over the edge.

At a time when the rest of the whole of the country seem to be coming together (apart from  that ***** Corbin, another matter) the media should be doing a duty of trying to remain positive instead of making up absolute shite. 

I think it's a lot the 'negatives sell papers/ clicks'. Sky were at it too.

We're not messing about in standing up for ourselves.

I don't think the media care about the players too. 

13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Never suggested otherwise Al. I think AB is doing the right thing and if truth be known a number of these players that have been asked to take a 50% wage cut should probably only be on the reduced amount when we signed them anyway.

She has shown that she can take a hard line stance when it suits her so why so soft with the other two?

You are worse than the Sun - you never miss the slightest opportunity.  Her attitude re these two has been discussed on many threads, almost to the point of exhaustion.

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Far from banning the likes of the Sun or BBC, I'd actually like to see someone at Hearts offer guys like Boyd & McManus the 'opportunity' of a live discussion on this issue. Maybe do it on Facebook. Absolutely certain these deadheads would be shown up as the slavering clueless feckwits they are. They like to spout shite without really being challenged & it's time someone took them to task face to face (albeit virtually of course!). 

It would be interesting to hear their reasoning for why footballers should be treated differently to other employees and why they should continue to receive 100% of their wages while not doing any work at all or contributing to society in a time of worldwide crisis (other than the taxes from their inflated salaries going back into the economy).  

And how they propose funding this during a period where their employers cannot trade and generally have no income.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Is there a doomsday scenario where all 42 clubs go bust? The uglies might take a bit longer but we know their fans don’t help out in a crisis. All players are freed and all clubs re start in their previous leagues with £0 in the bank. 

(Not a serious post btw but an interesting scenario)

No football for 18 months. 

But like everyone else, some way will be found to carry on / restart. 

Hungry hippo
10 hours ago, Barack said:

"Hearts owner Ann Budge has written a letter to the club's players telling them their wages will be suspended from March 31 if they do not accept a 50 per cent wage cut."

Hearts have now come out and said no, we've not issued an ultimatum. Twice. 

"The club feels it is necessary to clarify, once again, that contrary to a report in the media, no ‘warning’ has been made to our players in regard to agreeing to wage cuts or Clause 12 being invoked.

A letter was sent to the squad, on the advice of the SPFL and its legal advisors, in order to protect the Club’s rights.  The covering email that accompanied the letter very clearly stated that:

We have not, at this time, decided to exercise this right and are working diligently to find an alternative solution to the unprecedented financial problems facing the Club as a consequence of the suspension of the game.  As previously intimated we plan to pay full salaries as normal until the end of March, 2020.  However, in doing so, we need to make it very clear that we do not waive our right to suspend Player agreements in the future, should we require to do so to safeguard the future of the Club."

"On the advice of the SPFL & its advisors." So, are we to honestly believe...the SPFL have only informed Hearts that this option is open solely to them? :lol: Doncaster?!

The individual on Twitter, is indeed wise and Presidential. I'm with him.👍🏻

If a lawyer felt confident enough to take on a case on a no win no fee basis I'd be up for it. I'm not an expert but think it's unlikely we would have enough to win a libel case.

I'm very much on the side of the club on this but think this is probably not the best route to go down.

The problem the media / pundits have is when this is agreed and players start talking about how well Hearts have dealt with this.

Their main problem is when Rangers or others do this. 

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

BBC gossip portraying us as callous, cold uncaring towards our players.  Accept the 50% loss or bolt.  That's not how I read the statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52075209

I think Ann is wise to plan ahead but one of her major weaknesses has always been PR. It’s clear that there is no comms team at Tynie or if there is it’s doing a bloody awful job. For a start, Ann’s regular statements are usually far too long  and full of impersonal, bureaucratic language. In this case, there’s no feeling of ‘we’re all in this together’ or ‘sadly, we would have no choice but to take this action etc’. Part of the statement comes across as a threat, which in normal circumstances would be seen as cold. In the current climate it comes across as heartless. 

26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are worse than the Sun - you never miss the slightest opportunity.  Her attitude re these two has been discussed on many threads, almost to the point of exhaustion.

So long as they are both still around our Club I will continue to ask why. Between them they have cost us an absolute fortune.

5 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

If a lawyer felt confident enough to take on a case on a no win no fee basis I'd be up for it. I'm not an expert but think it's unlikely we would have enough to win a libel case.

I'm very much on the side of the club on this but think this is probably not the best route to go down.

What would be nice would be if we had ONE person in the media on our side. Just one.

Or perhaps our local paper... or a former player...

The lack of balance and perspective in the commentary on our club is crazy.

We've been shite at playing football. We've wasted OUR OWN MONEY on players who've disappointed but our wage bill is no higher than Aberdeen. Why has that angered so many??

Essentially a run of bad injuries and worse tactics have opened the door for all the OF centric pundits, not allowed or too scared to criticise their real "enemy" to lay in to us on every issue. Thing is though, that doesn't make sense.

Ann is doing all she can to protect our club. I've no doubt on that. At a time when people all around us are losing their livelihoods (me included by the way), she is trying to medium term plan. The end. End of story. End of. Move on.

As for you repugnant idiots on here eating up the shit and regurgitating it. When we're back, when my Hearts are back and we're running over the top of teams again - cos football is cyclical and we'll be back, mark my words - you can stay in your bedsits, you'll soon be forgotten and if you rear your heads, you'll be reminded you stuck the boot in when our club needed to stand together.

Our club won't die. HHGH.

6 minutes ago, S Form said:

I think Ann is wise to plan ahead but one of her major weaknesses has always been PR. It’s clear that there is no comms team at Tynie or if there is it’s doing a bloody awful job. For a start, Ann’s regular statements are usually far too long  and full of impersonal, bureaucratic language. In this case, there’s no feeling of ‘we’re all in this together’ or ‘sadly, we would have no choice but to take this action etc’. Part of the statement comes across as a threat, which in normal circumstances would be seen as cold. In the current climate it comes across as heartless. 

You do realise there is no income now. Might not be for 6 months.

If you think that's a threat maybe you're right. But its reality. 

6 minutes ago, S Form said:

Yes but the whole world has been going about this crisis in a touchy, touchy, feely, feely way when direct action should have been taken earlier.

23 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It would be interesting to hear their reasoning for why footballers should be treated differently to other employees and why they should continue to receive 100% of their wages while not doing any work at all or contributing to society in a time of worldwide crisis (other than the taxes from their inflated salaries going back into the economy).  

And how they propose funding this during a period where their employers cannot trade and generally have no income.

They actually don't have a reasonable arguement to be treated any differently to any other employee especially under the current epidemic scenario.

These are special times that call for a common sense approach which I think AB has done.

Nobody wants to lose out on their salary and foorballers generally have a short working life making decent money and feel they have to make the most of the relatively short careers they have.

The question they have to ask themselves is do we hold out for full pay and possibly help bankrupt the club in which case we get nothing or do we take the hit now and give the club a lifeline?

It's a no brainer for most but then it really has to be asked do some of these players have a brain or are they being influenced by their greedy agents?

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What would be nice would be if we had ONE person in the media on our side. Just one.

Or perhaps our local paper... or a former player...

The lack of balance and perspective in the commentary on our club is crazy.

We've been shite at playing football. We've wasted OUR OWN MONEY on players who've disappointed but our wage bill is no higher than Aberdeen. Why has that angered so many??

Essentially a run of bad injuries and worse tactics have opened the door for all the OF centric pundits, not allowed or too scared to criticise their real "enemy" to lay in to us on every issue. Thing is though, that doesn't make sense.

Ann is doing all she can to protect our club. I've no doubt on that. At a time when people all around us are losing their livelihoods (me included by the way), she is trying to medium term plan. The end. End of story. End of. Move on.

As for you repugnant idiots on here eating up the shit and regurgitating it. When we're back, when my Hearts are back and we're running over the top of teams again - cos football is cyclical and we'll be back, mark my words - you can stay in your bedsits, you'll soon be forgotten and if you rear your heads, you'll be reminded you stuck the boot in when our club needed to stand together.

Our club won't die. HHGH.

👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You do realise there is no income now. Might not be for 6 months.

If you think that's a threat maybe you're right. But its reality. 

There can still be some regret expressed that we’ve reached this stage. I completely recognise that there is no money coming in, but we are talking about people being sacked. Even if they are shite footballers, the club could approach things in a more sensitive way and stop reverting to cold bureaucracy.

48 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

These *******s would probably want a fee to take part. So not if we are paying it good idea though maybe if Saturday Sportsound is still a thing they have 3 or 4 hours air space to fill.

1 minute ago, S Form said:

There can still be some regret expressed that we’ve reached this stage. I completely recognise that there is no money coming in, but we are talking about people being sacked. Even if they are shite footballers, the club could approach things in a more sensitive way and stop reverting to cold bureaucracy.

Plenty regret in what Ann Budge has said.

I do come across that. If you are direct some people don't like it. 

Boris Johnson has taken the kindly approach  for UK response.  See how that is held in history.