Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Does it matter, really?

Now, are you going to go after the posters criticising the players for not taking the offer?

No it's the posters who post lies and make up stories without any idea of the facts.  They should be very humble making accusations about their club - if indeed it is their club.

If the cap fits........

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Please stop quoting.  The guy tires me out and ruins this whole board. 

But obviously not enough to stop you posting nonsense.

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No it's the posters who post lies and make up stories without any idea of the facts.  They should be very humble making accusations about their club - if indeed it is their club.

If the cap fits........

Edit: ignore. Life’s too short to pick fights on a message board 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nookie Bear

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Exactly. Take yourself, hypothetically, normally you would be allowed to abuse two sheep in any given week. However you get a deferment for a week and can only abuse the one sheep. The following week however it's a bumper week for you as you get to abuse three!! 

😂😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That would be pretty shameless to do that. 

Shameless eh. Pretty much what I have observed while they take my cash. 

Whatever. Leaders will lead cowards will blame others 

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I agree.

It's too short also to post incorrect "facts".

Perhaps we should just move on and be a bit more understanding.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not disagreeing with your post but Boyce would be facing an identical situation had he stayed at Burton, or gone somewhere else.

Personally i felt the thing should have been discussed with the players in terms of a voluntary reduction in wages - perhaps this could have been done with the top few earners privately - and then pushed out to the wider playing staff. It is hoped that, like Naismith, they would have understood the situation. Of course, anyone refusing to drop wages could change their mind later if this drags on.

If that is not enough then AB could start to drawing lines in the sand.

And one thing really disgusts me: people on here using this situation as an excuse to clear out the deadwood.

Football is a performance related sport and a heavily contracted one at that.

Given the long term health and security of the football club,  its employees and the community it serves is at stake,  non performing players or deadwood as you call it, may want to review their contributions and how that could improve to maintain future employment. 

Its not really disgusting is it?

Its a fact of life in most jobs every day,  let alone in a catastrophic economic downturn without any foresight. 

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Stop. Quoting. That. Twat. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Stop. Quoting. That. Twat. 

That's the Laff way.

If you cannot win on facts then just abuse the poster.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Shameless eh. Pretty much what I have observed while they take my cash. 

Whatever. Leaders will lead cowards will blame others 

I agree but they didn’t put a gun to the clubs head and demand the weekly money they are on. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I agree but they didn’t put a gun to the clubs head and demand the weekly money they are on. 

Absolutely correct. We have new reality though. 

A vital lesson in life. 

Things can change and rapidly,  be viable when they do

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely correct. We have new reality though. 

A vital lesson in life. 

Things can change and rapidly,  be viable when they do

If it wasn’t a global pandemic that we are in the grasp of I would agree with being ruthless to suit the clubs needs.  I don’t feel it’s right at this time to pick and choose who to punt if they don’t agree with a severe wage cut though.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If it wasn’t a global pandemic that we are in the grasp of I would agree with being ruthless to suit the clubs needs.  I don’t feel it’s right at this time to pick and choose who to punt if they don’t agree with a severe wage cut though.  

Well it is and it isn't. I agree its a terrible crisis but if you need to cut people for the greater long term good  I.e survival,  then poor performance has to be a determinant factor. 

The statement reads well though and its clear enough she is doing the correct thing 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Well it is and it isn't. I agree its a terrible crisis but if you need to cut people for the greater long term good  I.e survival,  then poor performance has to be a determinant factor. 

The statement reads well though and its clear enough she is doing the correct thing 

👍

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Below is an extract from AB's statement.  Where does it say anyone will get punted if they don't agree to the offer(s) given?   Item 2 even says the action is to help PROTECT jobs.

She even says if the offer might cause panic (see item 5) they will do everything possible to help staff with particular financial challenges to meet their financial commitments

What more do you think she could have done?

1.     To implement any changes at the end of April to give staff the chance to consider their own personal situations, while awaiting any Government interventions, the benefits from which would be used to limit any wage reductions.

2.     To avoid redundancies and protect all jobs and contracts.

3.     To treat all employees, regardless of status or roles, fairly and equitably.

4.     To take steps to protect staff and players on the lowest earnings.

5.     To ensure everyone knew that they should not panic and that they should discuss any personal financial challenges with their manager, HR or myself.  We would do everything possible to help people meet their financial commitments.

6.     Anyone who wanted to move on from the Club for whatever reason (e.g. disgruntlement, desire to go home/back to families, etc) should talk to us and we would try to help.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Below is an extract from AB's statement.  Where does it say anyone will get punted if they don't agree to the offer(s) given?   Item 2 even says the action is to help PROTECT jobs.

She even says if the offer might cause panic (see item 5) they will do everything possible to help staff with particular financial challenges to meet their financial commitments

What more do you think she could have done?

1.     To implement any changes at the end of April to give staff the chance to consider their own personal situations, while awaiting any Government interventions, the benefits from which would be used to limit any wage reductions.

2.     To avoid redundancies and protect all jobs and contracts.

3.     To treat all employees, regardless of status or roles, fairly and equitably.

4.     To take steps to protect staff and players on the lowest earnings.

5.     To ensure everyone knew that they should not panic and that they should discuss any personal financial challenges with their manager, HR or myself.  We would do everything possible to help people meet their financial commitments.

6.     Anyone who wanted to move on from the Club for whatever reason (e.g. disgruntlement, desire to go home/back to families, etc) should talk to us and we would try to help.

What are you actually on about now?  My discussion with the poster above has **** all to do with the statement it was in relation to others opinion before the statement was even released.  

As usual though, you jump the gun and get the complete wrong end of the stick. 

Now go and just bolt from my posts cheers.  

People on here have healthy discussions, take into consideration others opinions and there’s no right or wrong.  You go from one to the next, arguing, questioning and are never ever wrong.  It’s tiring as anything at a time many can’t be arsed arguing at all. 

Edited by Last Laff

What are you actually on about now?  My discussion with the poster above has **** all to do with the statement it was in relation to others opinion before the statement was even released.  Now go and just bolt from my posts cheers. 

Just making sure you know the score before you go getting wrong ideas and elaborating on them.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Just making sure you know the score before you go getting wrong ideas and elaborating on them.

Awful considerate of you.  I’ve expressed my feelings on the statement on the statement thread. 

Very much looking forward to Hibs making a cost cutting announcement. Even more so the twisting, turning, denial and spin on Hibs.nut. 

In the meantime quite enjoying that, until then, money continues to drains from their club. 

Awful considerate of you.  I’ve expressed my feelings on the statement on the statement thread. 

You're ignoring your own sound advice, bud. 

Al loves going around in circles with other posters. He'll just keep doing it as long as you indulge him. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Good on Ann 👍

I agree fair play to her there was a touch of the great Wallace Mercer in that statement. 

9 minutes ago, martoon said:

You're ignoring your own sound advice, bud. 

Al loves going around in circles with other posters. He'll just keep doing it as long as you indulge him. 

I know mate, and I hate myself for it :lol: somehow his post bypassed the ignore function. 

National Leagues in England have had their seasons terminated with all results expunged from the records. Let's see how Celtic justify crowning themselves as Champions in comparison with this.

Ron Gordon: Hibs in better place than others but 'difficult decisions' need made during coronavirus pandemic

But But But hibs huv loads ae cash in the bank. :lol: 

Ron's statement comprises a good 200  odd words and states absolutely nothing bar the glaringly obvious.

39 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Sounds like he’s read the headline in a certain newspaper/rag and not actually read any detail into what Hearts have said. 

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Ron's statement comprises a good 200  odd words and states absolutely nothing bar the glaringly obvious.

Maybe he’s actually from Uraguay instead of Peru?

Holyrood_Hearts
14 hours ago, David Bennett said:

National Leagues in England have had their seasons terminated with all results expunged from the records. Let's see how Celtic justify crowning themselves as Champions in comparison with this.

To be fair it’ll be the SPFL doing that. Besides that should be the least of your concerns as a Hearts fan.......

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

It’s maybe more likely he did his interview before AB released her statement 

2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

It’s maybe more likely he did his interview before AB released her statement 

Going by the date he obviously did the same as many others - went in feet first before engaging their brain. if they even have one.

He says

There’s a slight difference with the Hearts situation, where they came out without any real explanation and said ‘we want you to take a 50 per cent cut’.

Firstly I don't rhink Hearts came out and said anything until yesterday and secondly AB asked them to take a wage cut.

I wonder if Young should be charged by the GFA.  Surely it's not in the rules to be denigrating (telling lies) another member club.

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Decent statement overall. Good timely leadership, well done Ann Budge.

End of April seems generous/frivolous is my only comment. We are against the clock and would have thought 30 days notice of intention would be appropriate. That said, she is closer, and perhaps the longer lead got a few more over the line, to agree.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Going by the date he obviously did the same as many others - went in feet first before engaging their brain. if they even have one.

He says

There’s a slight difference with the Hearts situation, where they came out without any real explanation and said ‘we want you to take a 50 per cent cut’.

Firstly I don't rhink Hearts came out and said anything until yesterday and secondly AB asked them to take a wage cut.

I wonder if Young should be charged by the GFA.  Surely it's not in the rules to be denigrating (telling lies) another member club.

Since a worldwide pandemic halting football in its tracks, and forcing the population of the UK in to house arrest, wasn’t an obvious enough explanation for him, then short of sitting him down with a dot-to-dot and a colouring book on the topic, I’m not sure how clear an explanation he needs.

pettigrewsstylist
18 hours ago, martoon said:

Very much looking forward to Hibs making a cost cutting announcement. Even more so the twisting, turning, denial and spin on Hibs.nut. 

In the meantime quite enjoying that, until then, money continues to drains from their club. 

They are bathing in yankee dollar. At the same time Ann Budge is "using crisis to bleed more money out of FOH, she will never relinquish those shares".

This seems to be the new narrative among the evostick hoarders/panic buyers. They had only just "recovered" from the 5p a plastic glue bag crisis.

19/05/12, damaged forever!

Nucky Thompson
3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Maybe he’s actually from Uraguay instead of Peru?

:isee::lol:

Yeah that East Fife manager quote about "no real reason to ask for a 50% cut in wage" makes him come across a total prick, blinkers fully on and hand fed.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

They are bathing in yankee dollar. At the same time Ann Budge is "using crisis to bleed more money out of FOH, she will never relinquish those shares".

This seems to be the new narrative among the evostick hoarders/panic buyers. They had only just "recovered" from the 5p a plastic glue bag crisis.

19/05/12, damaged forever!

On the one hand they are trying to make out HMFC is a basket case while on the other AB is (supposedly) reluctant to relinquish her holding of shares.

Why would any sane person want to keep hold of shares in a basket case?

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

On the one hand they are trying to make out HMFC is a basket case while on the other AB is (supposedly) reluctant to relinquish her holding of shares.

Why would any sane person want to keep hold of shares in a basket case?

Sane is the word.

9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Sane is the word.

The statement yesterday didn't give me the impression she was insane.  Would you agree?

Edited by JamboAl

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The statement yesterday didn't give me the impression she was insane.  Would you agree?

Referring to the deluded mate, not AB.

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah that East Fife manager quote about "no real reason to ask for a 50% cut in wage" makes him come across a total prick, blinkers fully on and hand fed.

Strange he isn't criticising Peterhead or Inverness (maybe he did)

I missed that.  Never noticed anything about Peterhead or Inverness. 

That made me read the whole thing.  Ex-Aberdeen Darren Young now East Fife manager and his brother coaches Aberdeens u-17.  You don't have to figure out which way he's going to go with his story.

15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I missed that.  Never noticed anything about Peterhead or Inverness. 

That made me read the whole thing.  Ex-Aberdeen Darren Young now East Fife manager and his brother coaches Aberdeens u-17.  You don't have to figure out which way he's going to go with his story.

Going to put more pressure on Aberdeen.

Good for us if they are going to pay wages in full. 

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Tbh he has always come across as being pretty thick. 

Another SPL club has told its players to “expect” cuts if things continue as is. Not anything we weren’t expecting and it hasn’t happened yet but the players have been warned it probably will have to happen. 

IveSeenTheLight
49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Going to put more pressure on Aberdeen.

Good for us if they are going to pay wages in full. 

Paying now or deferring till later still means its being paid, it's just whether there is the cashflow to sustain.

They are assessing it at the moment.

Season Tickets are on sale, as is the AberDNA.

We have insurance coverage for Pandemics until the renewal date at the end of April, which should mean that the club is fully covered until then.

A lot of calls to name and shame the insurance company withdawing the wording for covering Pandemics, but maybe they'll be pressurised into reversing that decision. I think it should be escalated to governments if they don't as arguably this is a form of profiteering. The premium for such coverage is likely to go up, but its a hard thing to remove altogether when in the existing insurance.

So were covered by Insurance until the end of next month, in which time we can have assessed what the status is with the leagues, revenues and latest expectations / decisions on what is to happen