Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Hibs.net is loving this. 

Maybe we shouldn't have made an official statement...

Much better to be transparent about it, than it being leaked by a player to a media outlet, then having to explain it.

10 minutes ago, Morph said:

All we’ve heard about is how good our finances are, how good a business woman she is, how great everything is behind the scenes. 

All clearly a load of ****ing shite.  Cannot believe we’re back at square one after 6 years.  Actually I can.  Ran like a ****ing circus on and off the park. 

Yeah £750k a month outgoings with no income why didnt she see this happening.

Idiots everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Hibs.net is loving this. 

I’m sure Ann Budge will be sincerely regretting her decision to release this statement once she finds out a few clowns on .net are laughing about it.

they’ll be next ffs 🤣

Real shame for any of the non-football staff affected. I’m not going to shed any tears for the players, all of whom have failed to justify whatever they’re getting paid just now. 

We might yet see other clubs follow suit, but the fact that we’ve had to take such action at this stage is a concern. Anyone that is still buying the “well run business” line needs is deluded. Frightening how much cash we’ve pissed away through sheer incompetence. 

Really sad to hear of any staff having to take a 50% reduction of wages.  

Its a horrible thing to have to do or indeed ask for . 

Things must be pretty desperate tbh . 

Hopefully we can survive this and the next seasons starts on time with a 12 team league. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lescott on Sky.

Players have mortgages and so on. 

:facepalm:

Has he been listening to the tales of ordinary people. Not belittling the players lives but a total lack of understanding from this fool

Suso Santana
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Much better to be transparent about it, than it being leaked by a player to a media outlet, then having to explain it.

Aye, true enough. 

Hopefully their club announces something to shut them up. pricks. 

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Suso Santana said:

Hibs.net is loving this. 

**** those spoon burning, sister loving, smack injecting rodents.  Our club is simply the 1st out the gate.  Watch the herd follow now.  St. Johnstone were already struggling so they will probably be next.  Even the Green Arse Cheek will start to struggle eventually. Their wage bill is millions per month and while they have a good cash balance now that will be getting eroded big time.  The Blue Arse Cheek though.....they could well be seriously fecked.

Finlay James

In these uncertain times, planning and being proactive is essential.  Thankfully, our owner is doing just that.

We'll be fine, several other clubs will not.

17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah. Can’t believe the reaction on here. We have merely acted before things get bad. I am willing to bet that we will see the end of at least two clubs in Scotland at the end of this. 

Many more than two unless aid is forthcoming pretty soon. I’d expect at least two in the top league unless benefactors stump up money. St.Mirren, Motherwell and   St.Johnstone were sailing close to the wind before Coronavirus appeared. 

Any other support laughing at our statement should keep an eye on their own Clubs website. 

it does make me wonder how many Clubs will go into administration shortly.  

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Seriously, I don’t see the problem here - other than Celtic all clubs will be doing the same very soon, the sooner we do it the better.. 

Agreed.  Some absolute melts on this thread.

Good, decisive leadership from AB.

1 minute ago, Jamie86 said:

Yes if they continue to life the live the did at 40k when on 20k for the rest of time. We are asking they take a reduced pay for around 6 months, I'm sure they could survive on a few thousand a week

They should, but footballers are not known for their financial acumen though.   Most people aren’t. 

It is not just footballers though.   I work in financial services.  Have done all my life.  I also have financial qualifications.   Under this proposal, I would drop from my current wage, to the living one, less than a 50% drop, but I’d struggle. 

it may still be a sensible move, but still, no one is obliged to accept either option.  If it was me, assuming I am a non player, and non Hearts fan, I am not sure I would. 

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

True. 

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

This was posted on an Aberdeen forum.

i dismissed it as pish but maybe it has merits

5EEBB3B1-F1C0-482F-8F8E-374BCBE58A87.thumb.jpeg.00a82dfed8059605358a87a09c1cca75.jpeg

Then a certain club would be under by now as it was posted over a week ago.

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Arseholes on this thread. 

They are out in force. 

Some of the comments make you wonder if they need help putting their socks on. 

Suso Santana

5EEBB3B1-F1C0-482F-8F8E-374BCBE58A87.thumb.jpeg.00a82dfed8059605358a87a09c1cca75.jpeg

Hate to say it but i can believe that. The amount of money we've wasted is ridiculous. Players on 4 year deals, loan managers, Spunking money on the new manager while the old manager and some of his cronies are still here.  etc etc

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Players have mortgages and so on. 

And like everyone else can ask for a mortgage holiday. He’s as thick as some folk on here. 

Surprised Crayons aren't selling out quick in Edinburgh after reading some of this thread.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Then a certain club would be under by now as it was posted over a week ago.

I don’t doubt that the figures are questionable, hence why I dismissed it was total crap, until I read this.

Maybe there’s quite a few clubs that will be struggling.

19 minutes ago, Morph said:

All we’ve heard about is how good our finances are, how good a business woman she is, how great everything is behind the scenes. 

All clearly a load of ****ing shite.  Cannot believe we’re back at square one after 6 years.  Actually I can.  Ran like a ****ing circus on and off the park. 

Surely she’s being a good business woman by making a decision quickly? I bet you moaned that it took her so long to sign stendel, yet when she makes an important decision quickly she gets pelters? 

Edited by Dayman

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Any other support laughing at our statement should keep an eye on their own Clubs website. 

it does make me wonder how many Clubs will go into administration shortly.  

By the end of the week, I'll be amazed if there is a club in the league that hasn't taken this action!!

Don't know if already mentioned but Raith appealed to their fans yesterday to help financially due to the expected shortfall.

Worrying times for every club you'd think.

Suso Santana
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Surprised Crayons aren't selling out quick in Edinburgh after reading some of this thread.

Sometimes i think you're eating them with the contributions you make on here. 

17 minutes ago, kettering jam tart said:

Very smart move, even more pressure now to call the league null and void, start selling next seasons season tickets, glad Ann had the foresight to do it first ahead of any other club in Britain.

That’s the obvious solution to many clubs situation. Many of the clubs could go ahead and put season tickets on sale now and ask fans to sign up quickly. Hibs are already on sale, Rangers and Celtic will follow suit soon. Certainly solves a big part of the cash flow problems over next six months. Uncertainty, and procrastination from SFA/SPFL however means Hearts, Hamilton, St.Mirren, Ross County, Dundee Utd, ICT, Dundee, Ayr, Partick, QoS, Falkirk, Raith etc have no idea which league they will be in next season and therefore can’t put season tickets on sale. 

There's something like 4 home games left, most of the crowd have season tickets but we can't survive 4 games without cutting wages in half? 

Maybe she wants those on expensive levein contracts to.tell her to ram it?

50% pay cut for levein though, every cloud

Edited by MrBones

Just now, David McCaig said:

By the end of the week, I'll be amazed if there is a club in the league that hasn't taken this action!!

as soon as one does it, I think the rest will

follow suit. 

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The figures were produced (by a Celtic fan) from the accounts of each of the clubs. Some clubs account for cash or deferred income (ST sales) in different ways, or have generous major shareholders who routinely cover any shortfalls. The table was only meant to have been indicative. 

Diadora Van Basten

I don’t doubt that the figures are questionable, hence why I dismissed it was total crap, until I read this.

Maybe there’s quite a few clubs that will be struggling.

I don’t believe the figures for cash balances held for Hibs, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock.

3 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Hate to say it but i can believe that. The amount of money we've wasted is ridiculous. Players on 4 year deals, loan managers, Spunking money on the new manager while the old manager and some of his cronies are still here.  etc etc

Is your pea sized brain able to post something constructive please?

Gordon Ramsay

This may well happen to other clubs but it is very concerning we are in this situation so quickly. Maybe she left the finances to Craig. In fact they probably worked them out together. Both as incompetent as each other. 

The biggest driver behind this is that normally season ticket money would be starting to come in.  In the current climate we don't know when they can even start to think about advertising season tickets.

It might be an idea to ask fans to put a £250/£300 deposit down now on next season's season ticket to get us through the summer.

Japan Jambo
54 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Might see a couple of wasters disappear,  but I doubt it.

Clever in respect they have little choice to accept or terminate with no other place to go with the world in limbo 

to terminate players contracts will likely mean buying them out, doubt the tea lady will be so fortunate... still it's a heads up play so at a minimum we can be thankful that we are not burying our head in the sand.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Jamie86 said:

I'm surprised that they had to be asked. Surely some of the higher earners could have got together and came to a decision about this. Yea they might not be on hundreds of thousands a week but I'm sure someone of 5k could survive dropping to 3k a week. And let's not turn this into a "some business woman she is". Every club will be feeling the strain from no income for months on end whilst still having overheads to pay. No one saw this coming and we won't be the first club to do this

Or hit the buffers !

Just now, MrBones said:

There's something like 4 home games left, most of the crowd have season tickets but we can't survive 4 games without cutting wages in half? 

What about all the other income that we are missing out on?

Don’t hurt yourself thinking about it 

HeartOfWestLothian
8 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It's clearly absolute nonsense. 

Suso Santana
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Is your pea sized brain able to post something constructive please?

Aye, but it would get brushed over. 

Craig Levein oot?

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

The figures were produced (by a Celtic fan) from the accounts of each of the clubs. Some clubs account for cash or deferred income (ST sales) in different ways, or have generous major shareholders who routinely cover any shortfalls. The table was only meant to have been indicative. 

Thanks for that, makes a bit of sense.

I did wonder at both our high monthly outgoings, but indicative would still be a worrying consideration

8 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Recruitment has been awful but

No other club has players onlong term deals?

No other club is paying ex coaching staff with a new coaching staff in place?

No other clubs have loan managers or equivalent?  It was mentioned Gary Naysmith replaced someone else but job title changed slightly.

Gary Locke will be getting it next for us having a club ambassador when I'd imagine others have similar.  But if it had been Robbo still in situ, no one would have batted an eyelid

Edited by DETTY29

Francis Albert

In the grand scheme of things the troubles of football clubs and players is trivial. But I think some are a bit blasé. Not all Hearts playing staff are on good wages. And if this goes on as I suspect it will for longer than 5 or 6 months then for those earning a decent wage  it will have a significant impact on their total   football earnings which for the majority who don't get continued income from within the game will impact on their standard of living after their football career ends.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

This may well happen to other clubs but it is very concerning we are in this situation so quickly. Maybe she left the finances to Craig. In fact they probably worked them out together. Both as incompetent as each other. 

Irony the high performing revenue from the stand, which was sound,  is now rebounding we aren't ALLOWED to use it.

Its not her decisions honestly its not 

As is always the case when it comes to making decisions, Ann leads from the front.

Peoples livelihoods on the line and she has not separated the high from the low earners.

All are being asked to take the strain.

Empathy throughout that statement.