Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

55 minutes ago, Section Q said:

That's dreadful. Where is your friend based.....?

Argyll & Bute mate. Not ideal considering it’s not particularly rife there as far as I know. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Since the game got stopped, I haven't missed it for a second.

These clowns have just confirmed my thinking. Mind you, some of them are probably on such a nice little earner, overpaid by us when they are actually truly shite, that they are loathe to give it up.

Actually thought I would miss live sport, but as it turns out, there is actually a lot of opportunities to spend time elsewhere. Would rather walk in Pentlands or work in garden than spend time watching these guys kiss a badge they couldn't care less about.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Gotta laugh... 

am with you tho, am actual sick of football and have never felt as out of love with hearts as I do right now. If we don’t laugh....

Just now, Sir Gio said:

They should be brave enough to issue a statement and sign it, as Ann Budge did

It's symptomatic of how they live their lives, hiding behind representatives to do everything for them. Man children. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

These clowns have just confirmed my thinking. Mind you, some of them are probably on such a nice little earner, overpaid by us when they are actually truly shite, that they are loathe to give it up.

Just saying to my other half, I haven't missed the football as much as I thought? 

My Age, us being shite, the arguments over football, world events, ... A combination? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, busby1985 said:

am with you tho, am actual sick of football and have never felt as out of love with hearts as I do right now. If we don’t laugh....

I'd set someone on fire. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They should be brave enough to issue a statement and sign it, as Ann Budge did

Bravery is a trait that very few of these guys will have. Easier to hide behind sleekit tossers like Wishart and Higgins.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

The PFA are representing all of the players. Only Naismith has accepted the clubs request. Dikamona agreed to terminate his contract early. Everyone else has got behind the decision to get the PFA involved as they don’t want their wages cut. 

That's an unintentionally reckless statement. The only reason Naismith's decision was noted on the official site was because he is the captain and they hope it will inspire others to follow and he must have agreed to make the statement.

There is no way they will list all others who agree on an individual basis. That doesn't mean no-one else has agreed and I'm sure some have.

Edited by Hungry hippo

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Couldn't agree more.

21 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Very sadly you could draw a not too dissimilar parallel to 1914... when at that time all our players did the right thing! I think what we are seeing here is just how out of touch a section of the working community can be. Here we have a bunch of, on this season's performances ,  players who are only thinking of one thing. To paraphrase Robert Burns... "

Ye see yon birkie, ca'd a player,
Wha struts, an' stares, an' a' that;
Tho' hundreds worship at his feet,
He's but a coof for a' that:

I was just thinking the same.

1914, Hearts sitting at the top of the league, the country is at war, the team enlist en masse, with 7 paying the ultimate price.

2020, Hearts are at the bottom of the league, the world is facing an enormous health and economic crisis, the players (bar Naismith) refuse to voluntarily give up one penny of their wages.

Well **** them.

eyesandears

Section C, Article 12 of the SPFL Player Contract allows for the player contract to be suspended if the SFA suspend the game entirely or in part. 

The game was indeed suspended by the SFA on 13th March. The default was then that all player contracts at all clubs were suspended at that point however in reality all player contracts have continued to be honoured by clubs even though they could have been suspended. Most clubs weren't aware of the fine detail of the contracts and most wouldn't have been in a position to move so quickly.

As others have said the 50%-of-salary offer made by Hearts from 1st April certainly beats 0% which the club is entitled to implement.

It is important to recognise though Hearts cannot sack the players for not accepting such a reduction. The contract is only suspended and not terminated. Both parties would need to agree to the termination. The moment football resumes the contract clicks in again with the player on full pay and benefits.

8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

That's an unintentionally reckless statement. The only reason Naismith's decision was noted on the official site was because he is the captain and they hope it will inspire others to follow and he must have agreed to make the statement.

There is no way they will list all others who agree on an individual basis. That doesn't mean no-one else has agreed and I'm sure some have.

As I have said in another post on here. I know a first team player and as of last week he made out that it was pretty much only Naismith that had agreed to the cut. 

Humblerogue

I love my club. I always will. But I absolutely despise these bunch of free loaders. People are losing their lives and their livelihood but these entitled losers expect everything. Dump them and move on 

43 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Surely you have logged on to the wrong forum by mistake... you meant to log in to sisterfist.net !

Can’t you actually think for yourself and have discussion, no?  You’re allowed to have an opinion that doesn’t tow the club line you know. 

KyleLafferty

This current of Hearts players must be the most hated I’ve ever seen in my time supporting hearts since early 2000’s. Never loathed a team so much in my life. Can’t wait till they all **** off.

So they could stop paying them but they would still be under contract. Some people don't know when they have it good it seems.

Maybe stop paying them all together and see how that goes.

Other clubs have no doubt offered different terms to their players but thats up top them.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

The Players have

Failed to perform under Levein, MacPhee and Stendel. 

equalled then worst ever run in the clubs 146 year history. 

won only 3 league matches in the whole of 2019? 

3 league wins at home in about 18 months? 

won only 2 league matches in the whole of 2020? 

Currently sit 4 points adrift at the bottom of the league having just lost to St Mirren in the biggest match of the season without registering a single shot on target. 

Rebelled against the new manager making them attend match days if they aren’t “fit”. 

Rebelled against being asked to report to training daily when “injured”. 

Rebelled against being asked to train harder and to learn a new formation and playing style. 

Ran to the press to air and leak negative stories about the club. 

and have now refused the clubs request to take a drop in wages to safe guard the future of not only the club but the non playing staff who spend their days making the players life’s easier. 

This group of players better negotiate terminations of their contracts ASAP as none of them, Naismith aside, will ever be forgiven IMO. I’ve never known a group of players so out of touch with us, the fans. They have no shame, which we knew with their performances over the past two seasons but I never knew just how much they didn’t care about us or the club.

Sack them all. 

71 pages and this is by far the best post out them all. Well said amd I tip my hat to you B1985. 

I’m sure there are many that feel the same way as I know I certainly do. There’s nothing that needs added or said further than this. 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

As I have said in another post on here. I know a first team player and as of last week he made out that it was pretty much only Naismith that had agreed to the cut. 

Probably because Naismith is a multi millionaire and probably still makes more than the majority of the squad at 50% plus he has security of another two seasons after this. 

6 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Section C, Article 12 of the SPFL Player Contract allows for the player contract to be suspended if the SFA suspend the game entirely or in part. 

The game was indeed suspended by the SFA on 13th March. The default was then that all player contracts at all clubs were suspended at that point however in reality all player contracts have continued to be honoured by clubs even though they could have been suspended. Most clubs weren't aware of the fine detail of the contracts and most wouldn't have been in a position to move so quickly.

As others have said the 50%-of-salary offer made by Hearts from 1st April certainly beats 0% which the club is entitled to implement.

It is important to recognise though Hearts cannot sack the players for not accepting such a reduction. The contract is only suspended and not terminated. Both parties would need to agree to the termination. The moment football resumes the contract clicks in again with the player on full pay and benefits.

Well that makes it more interesting, didn't know that.  Thanks for posting that.

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Probably because Naismith is a multi millionaire and probably still makes more than the majority of the squad at 50% plus he has security of another two seasons after this. 

Yeah no doubting any of that. 

eyesandears
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Well that makes it more interesting, didn't know that.  Thanks for posting that.

No problem. I do believe we/Hearts have right on our side and the PFA Scotland's stance is as much to stop an avalanche of clubs following Hearts down this perfectly justifiable route. 

Yeah, I don't think we will be able to keep pausing the inevitable.  It's got this far and by the looks of it the club have done good by them already and deserve some respect from the players.  They need to do the right thing and accept the %50 now or it's nothing until whenever.

John Findlay
35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just saying to my other half, I haven't missed the football as much as I thought? 

My Age, us being shite, the arguments over football, world events, ... A combination? 

Miss it in a week and a half time, when a Scottish Cup semi should have been played.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, John Findlay said:

Miss it in a week and a half time, when a Scottish Cup semi should have been played.

I'm glad you can keep in touch with the calendar in that regard. I'd forgotten about that already as it will probably never be played.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Shree 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
39 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

Budge has an ace up her sleeve...

Furlough the lot of them and see how they like that! 

Furlough her as well

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Furlough her as well

To be fair, she isn't taking a salary.

Kidd’s Boots
15 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

No problem. I do believe we/Hearts have right on our side and the PFA Scotland's stance is as much to stop an avalanche of clubs following Hearts down this perfectly justifiable route. 

We also need to recognise that a process has started, which could on an individual basis rather than unilaterally, terminate contracts. The longer the Joint Task Force kick the can down  the road about announcing what our league status will be when a new season resumes, the more likely it is that the process will see contracts terminated. The PFA know this, and the club can change terms of contract short term which requires agreement.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Furlough her as well

She has never taken a salary.

Fozzyonthefence
45 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Didn’t Budge’s statement last week say something like thankfully most of our players didn’t have the same sense of entitlement as the ex players mouthing off in the media and were on board?  Well, looks like the spineless ***** have changed their minds.

I hope the club are topping up the remaining 20% for the lowest earners/office workers given Stendel is working for free and Jorg + Naismith doing 50%.

Appreciate the club pay the living wage but a 20% cut is still a lot for the lowest earners and that's who we should be looking to protect most.

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Thanks for clarifying.  So the SPFA were correct to say clubs can’t terminate contracts.  But they can suspend them.  That actually makes sense as it gives some protection to both the clubs and players.

I can’t help thinking that part of the problem is the clubs that are going to try to pay full wages indefinitely.  That will just increase the sense of entitlement of players forced to take cuts at other clubs.

Guest ToqueJambo

I couldn't have any less respect for our players who are trying to defer wages. If they can afford to not get paid at all for a few months they can afford to take a financial hit like everyone else.

Get rid of the lot of them. At least then we really will be a one man team if Naismith's the only decent character in the squad 😂

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The Players have

Failed to perform under Levein, MacPhee and Stendel. 

equalled then worst ever run in the clubs 146 year history. 

won only 3 league matches in the whole of 2019? 

3 league wins at home in about 18 months? 

won only 2 league matches in the whole of 2020? 

Currently sit 4 points adrift at the bottom of the league having just lost to St Mirren in the biggest match of the season without registering a single shot on target. 

Rebelled against the new manager making them attend match days if they aren’t “fit”. 

Rebelled against being asked to report to training daily when “injured”. 

Rebelled against being asked to train harder and to learn a new formation and playing style. 

Ran to the press to air and leak negative stories about the club. 

and have now refused the clubs request to take a drop in wages to safe guard the future of not only the club but the non playing staff who spend their days making the players life’s easier. 

This group of players better negotiate terminations of their contracts ASAP as none of them, Naismith aside, will ever be forgiven IMO. I’ve never known a group of players so out of touch with us, the fans. They have no shame, which we knew with their performances over the past two seasons but I never knew just how much they didn’t care about us or the club.

Sack them all. 

Very much in this boat. They're utter wage thieves that have no business playing for a club this size. 

If we have a chance to make guys like Uche, Damour etc. redundant then that opportunity must be taken. They're not going to add any value to the club going forward and Damour especially is on a contract he quite frankly doesn't deserve. 

There is a need to clean house post Levein and this offers a unique chance to try and reduce the money these spineless weasels can take out of our club. Trying to shift tickets with these alleged players in the squad is laughable. 

Players seem to come in, accept a contract with wages which come with expectation which they completely fail to deliver on and then shamelessly expect their full wage. If this is a chance to can them with impunity then bloody go for it. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, RonnieG said:

and that will come back and bite us on the bottom based on the report in the press the other day.  Any player can take their complaint to FIFA and they can then decide to fine the club.  

Sion in Switzerland sacked several players who rejected a pay cut. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I did balance it with the celebrations at the rangers game and winning at ER. 

Yeah, I'll miss it if 2 hours a week, but I really don't know what it is. 

Maybe as I said, age, indifference, us being shite, the overpaid players, the money, arguments, religion, politics, emotions, the repetitiveness. 

**** knows tbh. 

Don’t know who the “usual crowd” are, but I agree.

(with Harry about the wage cuts)

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sion in Switzerland sacked several players who rejected a pay cut. 

Indeed. Taking no notice of someone who sucks up to the vermin. FIFA! :vrface:

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If wages are to be deferred then I guess the club will have no problem with me deferring my season ticket purchase.

This is where FoH can make an immediate stand. We can all "defer" our payments indefinitely if the players do this. FoH payments have actually increased during this and the players aren't lifting a finger to help. Absolute tossers.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

This is where FoH can make an immediate stand. We can all "defer" our payments indefinitely if the players do this. FoH payments have actually increased during this and the players aren't lifting a finger to help. Absolute tossers.

A very fair shout. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I couldn't have any less respect for our players who are trying to defer wages. If they can afford to not get paid at all for a few months they can afford to take a financial hit like everyone else.

Get rid of the lot of them. At least then we really will be a one man team if Naismith's the only decent character in the squad 😂

Not sure about elevating Naismith either tbh. 

He's likely the only multimillionaire in our squad. 

He's done the right thing, but Likley has as much wealth as all other players combined. 

He's in a good position to do this. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Furlough her as well

80% of £0 is still £0.

Not much to be saved doing that. 

Swing n' a miss from you. 

1 hour ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Replied to the question earlier in the thread below

The players don't qualify for the 80% Government support, only the other full time employees i.e. admin, club store, ground staff etc. The PFA are asking the club to defer part of the players wages as other clubs have come out to say they will do. Which is all well and good for clubs who are guaranteed Premier League football the next time a season starts. In my opinion, AB would have done the same thing if she know that we were in the top flight, but until someone confirms this, then 50% is the prudent steps.

Why don’t the players qualify? 

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Some of those NHS workers will have paid money for tickets and merchandise that has helped pay those players’ wages too. 

And if pay is being deferred we will likely have to up the price of STs/ admission charges, merchandise etc to make up the shortfall.  They will have to pay even more next season after putting their lives on the line.

Why do footballers and their pea brained worshippers think they should be ring-fenced from this crisis?