Jump to content
Bunny Munro

50% Wage cut for players and staff (confirmed by club)

Recommended Posts

East Lothian Jambo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Never mind

On the contrary, I've taken your advice 

 

I've already noted how respectful posters are of each other on Kickback 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirt
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

A young friend of mine in Sydney felt unwell last week and went to one of the many testing clinics where he was promptly tested, and had results that proved negative by the next day. I'm not convinced the govt here is doing anything near enough on this.


A guy I know went into hospital to get his throat checked as it had been bothering him 5 days ago. Not symptoms of Coronavirus just a bad throat but they decided to test him anyway to be sure, fair enough good idea eh. They told him to go home and dont leave the house, if the test is positive we’ll have called you within 24 hours as of course it’s serious and you need to know ASAP. If the test is negative we just won’t call you at all.

 

He waited 48 hours to be safe, never heard anything and so assumed he was in the clear and went to work the day after. He got a call when he got home from work to say he has tested positive and needs to self-isolate. He’s a ticket man on public transport. He was in tears. Not because of his own health but he’s worried he’s potentially handed it on to someone who could die and all after following all the rules to the letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dazo
2 hours ago, RonnieG said:

BBC news report -    

Many of Celtic's foreign contingent - including Tom Rogic, Olivier Ntcham, Jozo Simnovic and Kristoffer Ajer - have returned to their native countries.

Lennon said the remainder of the squad are still coming to Lennoxtown to train out on the grass, but only in groups of two at a time at the facility with no coaches.

 


That is not “groups doing physical training” or anything like what tried to portray. 2 Players jogging round a grass pitch with no coaches if they are still doing it is a million miles away from being ready to kick off the season again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
1 minute ago, Dazo said:


That is not “groups doing physical training” or anything like what tried to portray. 2 Players jogging round a grass pitch with no coaches if they are still doing it is a million miles away from being ready to kick off the season again. 

It would be interesting to know the arrangements for dressing-rooms and showers etc unless sessions are timed separately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dazo
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It would be interesting to know the arrangements for dressing-rooms and showers etc unless sessions are timed separately.


I took facilities as the grass pitch. I’d imagine the indoor facilities to be locked up and they certainly wouldn’t be using changing rooms or showers. 
 

I think the poster involved lost his way trying To hard to back up Hibs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RonnieG
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:


I took facilities as the grass pitch. I’d imagine the indoor facilities to be locked up and they certainly wouldn’t be using changing rooms or showers. 
 

I think the poster involved lost his way trying To hard to back up Hibs. 

Jesus - you simple cannot debate anything on here without some fantoosh saying you are Hibs fan.  Grow up laddie.   Best not to bother with a forum if its just going to be everyone agreeing how wonderful the club are and everything they are doing is fantastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gilberts Fridge
2 hours ago, RonnieG said:

neil lennon.

 

Seems they're training at home

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18349976.coronavirus-scotland-celtic-defender-greg-tayor-keeping-fit/

 

I would be surprised if anyone is training at their club. One of the related reasons for no unnecessary travel is to limit the risk of emergency services from having to deal with issues such as a car accident etc and diverting resource away from the reaction to the virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gilberts Fridge
2 hours ago, RonnieG said:

neil lennon.

 

Seems they're training at home

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18349976.coronavirus-scotland-celtic-defender-greg-tayor-keeping-fit/

 

I would be surprised if anyone is training at their club. One of the related reasons for no unnecessary travel is to limit the risk of emergency services from having to deal with issues such as a car accident etc and diverting resource away from the reaction to the virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Sssssssspencerrrrrrrr....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
14 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Jesus - you simple cannot debate anything on here without some fantoosh saying you are Hibs fan.  Grow up laddie.   Best not to bother with a forum if its just going to be everyone agreeing how wonderful the club are and everything they are doing is fantastic. 

Good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dazo
15 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Jesus - you simple cannot debate anything on here without some fantoosh saying you are Hibs fan.  Grow up laddie.   Best not to bother with a forum if its just going to be everyone agreeing how wonderful the club are and everything they are doing is fantastic. 


😂😂😂

 

Yeah mate you’ve nailed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RonnieG
1 minute ago, Dazo said:


😂😂😂

 

Yeah mate you’ve nailed it. 

Bash on wee man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I think we will know who/how many, reasonably quickly. Confidentiality wont be able to shield this from the hacks. 

Surely anyone who would turn down 50% of a footballers wage right now must really want away, no matter what spin they try.

Not sure it’s something that needs to be put in the public domain. If Mrs Budge says she has reached a satisfactory factory solution and we will get through the next few months then that’s good enough for me. No need to know individual agreements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure it’s something that needs to be put in the public domain. If Mrs Budge says she has reached a satisfactory factory solution and we will get through the next few months then that’s good enough for me. No need to know individual agreements. 

I can't relate, I'll be dying to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS

Ok Hibs players taking deferment with half paid back in December and the rest in May next year.

 

The really important part is Ron Gordon claiming no player will be signed until the " debt " is repaid. So Hibs won't be signing anyone between now and a year come May. If the virus is over and football returns it's going to leave them tight for players. ( I assume they will resign any players who come to the end of their contract in the meantime. ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok Hibs players taking deferment with half paid back in December and the rest in May next year.

 

The really important part is Ron Gordon claiming no player will be signed until the " debt " is repaid. So Hibs won't be signing anyone between now and a year come May. If the virus is over and football returns it's going to leave them tight for players. ( I assume they will resign any players who come to the end of their contract in the meantime. ) 


Lies. They’ll definitely sign players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco

Charitable.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
28 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok Hibs players taking deferment with half paid back in December and the rest in May next year.

 

The really important part is Ron Gordon claiming no player will be signed until the " debt " is repaid. So Hibs won't be signing anyone between now and a year come May. If the virus is over and football returns it's going to leave them tight for players. ( I assume they will resign any players who come to the end of their contract in the meantime. ) 

Big Ronnie will be on to correct you shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist
56 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure it’s something that needs to be put in the public domain. If Mrs Budge says she has reached a satisfactory factory solution and we will get through the next few months then that’s good enough for me. No need to know individual agreements. 

If there are any  no longer at the club, will likely mean it is firmly in the public domain. 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
baxterd1974
50 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok Hibs players taking deferment with half paid back in December and the rest in May next year.

 

The really important part is Ron Gordon claiming no player will be signed until the " debt " is repaid. So Hibs won't be signing anyone between now and a year come May. If the virus is over and football returns it's going to leave them tight for players. ( I assume they will resign any players who come to the end of their contract in the meantime. ) 

I think it's open to interpretation and this isn't the correct interpretation, not sure of course.

 

He says no signings until back on full pay, that's different from repaying the deferred wages.  Either way the deferral will be a reasonable hit on the budgets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
7 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

If there are any  no longer at the club, will likely mean it is firmly in the public domain. 

Was meaning those that agreed to take some form of pay cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC01

Not sure if anyone read the DR  page from 16hrs ago but it says the PFA (player union) have contacted the players and hearts.  The players want a deferral of wages until football resumes.  Then looking at a bbc news post days before Locky quoted as saying players will have to take a cut.  So I am going to assume players will be leaving if they are not agreeing.

 

Although nothing coming out of tynecastle yet so they might be discussing a deal

Edited by HMFC01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Not sure if anyone read the DR  page from 16hrs ago but it says the PFA (player union) have contacted the players and hearts.  The players want a deferral of wages until football resumes.  Then looking at a bbc news post days before Locky quoted as saying players will have to take a cut.  So I am going to assume players will be leaving if they are not agreeing.

Couldn’t care less if they did leave to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC01

Same here.  I wont get upset 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirt
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Not sure if anyone read the DR  page from 8hrs ago but it says the PFA (player union) have contacted the players and hearts.  The players want a deferral of wages until football resumes.  Then looking at a bbc news post days before Locky quoted as saying players will have to take a cut.  So I am going to assume players will be leaving if they are not agreeing.


Perhaps could all have been communicated better From our side and I understand some players may end up in financial difficulty which is of course a shame for them and their families. But at the same time I’ve never in my puff disliked an entire squad of Hearts players, these last 2 seasons there are only 3 guys I’d keep and who I think have given there all. The rest of them I genuinely hope the club sack,screw the media interpretation of it. Our club is more important and these guys don’t deserve to play for us, let alone get paid by us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure it’s something that needs to be put in the public domain. If Mrs Budge says she has reached a satisfactory factory solution and we will get through the next few months then that’s good enough for me. No need to know individual agreements. 


Can I ask where you get the confidence that it’s good enough for you?  That’s just complete blind faith. The players and support should know exactly what we are dealing with - especially when you consider how close we are to being fan owned (supporters first). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kidd’s Boots
34 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Not sure if anyone read the DR  page from 16hrs ago but it says the PFA (player union) have contacted the players and hearts.  The players want a deferral of wages until football resumes.  Then looking at a bbc news post days before Locky quoted as saying players will have to take a cut.  So I am going to assume players will be leaving if they are not agreeing.

 

Although nothing coming out of tynecastle yet so they might be discussing a deal

Read this article too, and frankly, any player who seeks the advice of Fraser Wishart or Tony Higgins needs their head examined. Phone the Samaritans, they are more interested in problems than this pair of self serving idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok Hibs players taking deferment with half paid back in December and the rest in May next year.

 

The really important part is Ron Gordon claiming no player will be signed until the " debt " is repaid. So Hibs won't be signing anyone between now and a year come May. If the virus is over and football returns it's going to leave them tight for players. ( I assume they will resign any players who come to the end of their contract in the meantime. ) 

 

He didn't say that, he said they won't sign players until wages return to normal levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok Hibs players taking deferment with half paid back in December and the rest in May next year.

 

The really important part is Ron Gordon claiming no player will be signed until the " debt " is repaid. So Hibs won't be signing anyone between now and a year come May. If the virus is over and football returns it's going to leave them tight for players. ( I assume they will resign any players who come to the end of their contract in the meantime. ) 


Isn’t the claim in the papers that they won’t sign anyone until the players are back on full pay, which would make more sense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
1 minute ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Read this article too, and frankly, any player who seeks the advice of Fraser Wishart or Tony Higgins needs their head examined. Phone the Samaritans, they are more interested in problems than this pair of self serving idiots.


Fraser Wishart is extremely well respected in the job he does for the pfa and has guided players through many administrations - including HMFC. Just because he wants the best for the players instead of the club doesn’t make him a self serving idiot.

 

But, in this time of siege mentality of anyone who says anything about the club and how it’s being ran or handled the situation is the enemy it’s completely understandable the reaction.  If the former FoH chairman is getting it right after all the work he done to keep the club alive then anyone seems fair game on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Couldn’t care less if they did leave to be honest.


Indeed.  **** them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malinga the Swinga

Fraser Wishart is blind to what happening in the real world. He looks upon footballers as a breed that deserve special attention in a world where more and more people are seeing what an overpaid self deluded bunch of wanks they really are, with the very rare exception.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
24 minutes ago, Last Laff said:


Can I ask where you get the confidence that it’s good enough for you?  That’s just complete blind faith. The players and support should know exactly what we are dealing with - especially when you consider how close we are to being fan owned (supporters first). 

We are not currently fan-owned and even if we were that doesn’t give every fan the right to know all contract details for every employee. Is your salary, terms and conditions etc in the public domain?  Do the share holders of your employer know the precise details of every employees contract of employment?  I suspect the answer to both questions is no. Why should it be different for Hearts players regardless of who owns the company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
19 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Read this article too, and frankly, any player who seeks the advice of Fraser Wishart or Tony Higgins needs their head examined. Phone the Samaritans, they are more interested in problems than this pair of self serving idiots.

They won’t be listening to those clowns. They won’t be talking to anyone but their agents as well as talking amongst themselves 

Edited by soonbe110

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:


Fraser Wishart is extremely well respected in the job he does for the pfa and has guided players through many administrations - including HMFC. Just because he wants the best for the players instead of the club doesn’t make him a self serving idiot.

 

But, in this time of siege mentality of anyone who says anything about the club and how it’s being ran or handled the situation is the enemy it’s completely understandable the reaction.  If the former FoH chairman is getting it right after all the work he done to keep the club alive then anyone seems fair game on here. 

What work did he actually do? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kidd’s Boots
15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:


Fraser Wishart is extremely well respected in the job he does for the pfa and has guided players through many administrations - including HMFC. Just because he wants the best for the players instead of the club doesn’t make him a self serving idiot.

 

But, in this time of siege mentality of anyone who says anything about the club and how it’s being ran or handled the situation is the enemy it’s completely understandable the reaction.  If the former FoH chairman is getting it right after all the work he done to keep the club alive then anyone seems fair game on here. 

I have no doubt that FW has proved significant assistance to the members of PFA during administration scenario. No club in Scotland is currently in administration, but I'm sure his experience will be sought after when these do arise. 

 

I believe that the siege mentality in the clubs scenario currently is being driven by FW & TH by advising their members to not accept a pay reduction and trying to negotiate terms during this unprecedented set of circumstances. In the SPFL, Celtic and Hamilton have put non playing staff in furlough, and I have no doubt they be followed by others in due course. By freeing up 80% of these salaries, which will now be covered by the government, or put another way, taxpayers, they free up capital to pay players contracts. Now, while this is not illegal, I would much rather have the scenario as put out by AB, that as club, we are all in this together rather than the smoke and mirrors other clubs are putting forward about their financial obligations. A wage deferral is jam tomorrow boys, nothing more. A 50% cut is decisive and being funded by the club, not by the government, something which I think has passed many people by, including the media.

 

My opinions on how this is being handled by the PFA are just that just, opinions and if I am  proved wrong I will humblely retract most of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

I’ve never been so out of love with a group of players than this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
biffy

That’s us furloughed the majority of non-playing staff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirt

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-update-1-2
 

Non playing staff furloughed, no update on playing staff. Strange timing for the statement considering it’s rumoured the players only have an hour left to decide what they’re doing.

Edited by Squirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Latest statement

 

The board’s priority has always been to both protect jobs and ensure the club’s survival during these unprecedented times.

The effects of the Covid-19 pandemic means that many of our operations have effectively been brought to a standstill. We are now in a position whereby we can fully utilise the Government’s Job Retention Scheme, and as such we have taken the decision to furlough the majority of non-football employees. This will safe guard jobs and guarantee those employees 80% of their income. The club will ensure that no member of staff falls below the Living Wage rate. We will continually review the situation and look forward to welcoming staff back when it is safe and appropriate to do so.

A number of members of staff continue to operate fully within their roles to ensure we are in the best position possible when football returns.

The club continues to work with the football department to find the best solution to the current situation, with the same objectives in mind, namely to protect jobs and our future.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirt

Wonder if Levein is one of the guys considered to important to be furloughed so still getting his 100%...... 

 

Only kidding, let’s not go there eh! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Latest statement

 

The board’s priority has always been to both protect jobs and ensure the club’s survival during these unprecedented times.

The effects of the Covid-19 pandemic means that many of our operations have effectively been brought to a standstill. We are now in a position whereby we can fully utilise the Government’s Job Retention Scheme, and as such we have taken the decision to furlough the majority of non-football employees. This will safe guard jobs and guarantee those employees 80% of their income. The club will ensure that no member of staff falls below the Living Wage rate. We will continually review the situation and look forward to welcoming staff back when it is safe and appropriate to do so.

A number of members of staff continue to operate fully within their roles to ensure we are in the best position possible when football returns.

The club continues to work with the football department to find the best solution to the current situation, with the same objectives in mind, namely to protect jobs and our future.”

 

 

 

Football department... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Wonder if Levein is one of the guys considered to important to be furloughed so still getting his 100%...... 

 

Only kidding, let’s not go there eh! 


His wages will be too high to be furloughed.  Or at least only £2,500 per month could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve never been so out of love with a group of players than this one. 

I know players are on contracts compared to full time employees but the absolute maximum they should be taking is 80% of their basic salary.

 

No deferrals.  And that's just not Hearts but any other club, association, business that furloughs employees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...