Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Off you go to the Shed mate. Plenty of cybernats over there to keep you company and enjoy your political lectures.

I’m no Nat never mind a cyber one, don’t tell me what to do.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

The “regime” get a pretty easy time imo for a board that have pissed away millions of pounds and the best platform that we’ve ever had through sheer incompetence. 

The stand isn’t finished and has come in at twice the initial budget. Not to mention the fact that Budge gave millions of pounds brought in through FOH donations to her brothers tinpot firm to do the job (badly). That fact doesn’t seem to get much attention on here, but it’s sickening. Pure corruption/nepotism and blowing cash that we’ve put in. 

We could spend all day talking about the omnishambles that is the football department. Although, to keep it succinct they’ve allowed Levein to systematically fail in every single aspect of his role as DOF and manager and refused to act until its far too late. Even then the scumbag hangs about the place picking up a wage like a parasite. 

In terms of who replaces them it shouldn’t be too difficult to find people that are semi competent in C-level positions. Put it this way, is there any board in Scotland or the rest of the UK that has mismanaged the football side of things as much as ours? The answer- no absolutely not. If you chuck in the requirement that this person(s) can oversee a large scale estates project within budget and with a legitimate procurement process and we’ll still have a pretty big talent pool to fish from. 

We’ve got people at the top of the club that believe they know best and refuse to acknowledge all the evidence to the contrary. They’re also raking in our money either directly or through shady dealings (See Budges brother and in all honesty I’d love to see some investigation into Leveins “preferred agents” and recruitment policy). 

Budge has been on a learning curve as a football club owner, but we couldn't be in better hands right now.

Her business decision-making is what we need right now and already she's shown clarity, leadership, decisiveness and maybe even necessary ruthlessness of a kind she sometimes didn't show when making football-related decisions, especially when it came to leaning on Levein too much for too long.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
45 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A lot of people who have been using the word "regime" and slagging off Budge, wanting her to leave to be replaced by...  🤷‍♂️.... are going to look as silly as the ones who wanted Neilson to leave. 

The clubs that will come out of this in relatively good shape will be the ones run by people from that club's community who genuinely care about their club. The ones run by random opportunist Americans and whatnot who only bought football clubs because all their businessey pals did are more than likely not going to come out of this well, especially the ones in debt, the two Dundee clubs for example. And if I was a Hibs fan I'd be desperately wishing Farmer was still in charge right now. Even if those owners manage to keep the clubs afloat and in half-decent shape, they're very likely to want to cut their losses and leave asap as they will have lost so much money from all of their investments and businesses. Or if they do stay, they'll be incredibly distracted with other stuff from the economic fallout.

Not sure if you noticed but we were on the verge of getting relegated.

You don’t seem too interested in the football so it probably passed you by.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Our club can’t get bank lending just now, as per Budge’s statement. Our credit rating is too low. If we become financially stronger more options for our financing will become available. We don’t need to do this all at once, we could do it over a number of years. 

I thought you were talk about having cash in the bank for a rainy day?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

The Shed mate, don’t pass GO on the way.👉👉👉

I can reply all night? What you going to do about it?

You spoke about politics before I did you 🤡 🙈😆

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not sure if you noticed but we were on the verge of getting relegated.

You don’t seem too interested in the football so it probably passed you by.

So you think we'd be better off right now in the hands of some random American or someone else who isn't embedded in the community or who doesn't have a strong connection to the club?

Maybe the global pandemic thing passed you by.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I thought you were talk about having cash in the bank for a rainy day?

I was.  The option of having bank lending is not open to us. If we had cash in the bank it would become available.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So you think we'd be better off right now in the hands of some random American or someone else who isn't embedded in the community or who doesn't have a strong connection to the club?

No probably not but let’s not pretend that supporter donations aren’t making a huge difference.

Let’s not pretend either that we’d have suffered no financial consequences from relegation, as a result of her mismanagement.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, McCrae said:

I was.  The option of having bank lending is not open to us. If we had cash in the bank it would become available.

We have been living within our means, with various revenue streams including benefactors. We don't need bank funding as the aim is to stay relatively debt free. Leaving cash in the bank makes no sense. 5m spent on the squad or youth academy or setting up another revenue stream is likely yield much more than 5m sitting in the bank.

9 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Nothing to do with credit rating. It is bank policy not to lend to football clubs.

Why do you think it has become bank policy?  ....It’s because football clubs generally have bad credit ratings. If football clubs were well run businesses they could get funding.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No probably not but let’s not pretend that supporter donations aren’t making a huge difference.

Let’s not pretend either that we’d have suffered no financial consequences from relegation, as a result of her mismanagement.

Aye, and who made it possible for those donations to happen?

I'm talking about now. The entire world, including football, has changed, possibly permanently. As I say, she's the owner we need in this situation no matter whether or not she could have made better decisions the last 3 years (which of course she could have). She's proved this already by delaying the handover to fans.

When the dust settles on all this and we see which clubs are left standing and in half-decent shape we could well be thanking her for saving the club a second time, probably with the fans again, especially the FoH members continuing to contribute or upping their contributions.

Edited by ToqueJambo

18 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

The “regime” get a pretty easy time imo for a board that have pissed away millions of pounds and the best platform that we’ve ever had through sheer incompetence. 

The stand isn’t finished and has come in at twice the initial budget. Not to mention the fact that Budge gave millions of pounds brought in through FOH donations to her brothers tinpot firm to do the job (badly). That fact doesn’t seem to get much attention on here, but it’s sickening. Pure corruption/nepotism and blowing cash that we’ve put in. 

We could spend all day talking about the omnishambles that is the football department. Although, to keep it succinct they’ve allowed Levein to systematically fail in every single aspect of his role as DOF and manager and refused to act until its far too late. Even then the scumbag hangs about the place picking up a wage like a parasite. 

In terms of who replaces them it shouldn’t be too difficult to find people that are semi competent in C-level positions. Put it this way, is there any board in Scotland or the rest of the UK that has mismanaged the football side of things as much as ours? The answer- no absolutely not. If you chuck in the requirement that this person(s) can oversee a large scale estates project within budget and with a legitimate procurement process and we’ll still have a pretty big talent pool to fish from

We’ve got people at the top of the club that believe they know best and refuse to acknowledge all the evidence to the contrary. They’re also raking in our money either directly or through shady dealings (See Budges brother and in all honesty I’d love to see some investigation into Leveins “preferred agents” and recruitment policy). 

Can you give us a list of say half a dozen names for when FoH take over.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Spurs have cut the salaries of non playing staff first ? Now that is ducking criminal..

Saw that. The EPL in a nutshell.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Budge all day over the likes of gormless Ron. The manner in which he ****ed over their pathetic ponzi-scheme was awesome, and they just sat there and took it. 

Edited by Gizmo

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Budge has been on a learning curve as a football club owner, but we couldn't be in better hands right now.

Her business decision-making is what we need right now and already she's shown clarity, leadership, decisiveness and maybe even necessary ruthlessness of a kind she sometimes didn't show when making football-related decisions, especially when it came to leaning on Levein too much for too long.

A learning curve? 😂 At what point in the learning curve do CEO's usually realise that you shouldn't give multi-million pound contracts for stand developments to a wee joinery firm just because it's run by one of your siblings? At what point do they usually realise that being the worst team in the league from October to May and multiple seasons of underachievement means that you should move on the manager that summer. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Spurs have cut the salaries of non playing staff first ? Now that is ducking criminal..

Are they not doing that so the can take advantage of government furlough policy. 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

In terms of who replaces them it shouldn’t be too difficult to find people that are semi competent in C-level positions. Put it this way, is there any board in Scotland or the rest of the UK that has mismanaged the football side of things as much as ours? The answer- no absolutely not. If you chuck in the requirement that this person(s) can oversee a large scale estates project within budget and with a legitimate procurement process and we’ll still have a pretty big talent pool to fish from. 

I missed this bit and it deserves a reply:

Hibs. Rod Petrie and the Hibs board oversaw a pretty much constant 10-year decline from 2006/7 to when they won the cup (but still couldn't win promotion). Their starting point was an extremely "well run" club according to them with no financial issues. They finished in the bottom 6 many times.

Rangers. Do I need to say why?

Dundee Utd. Declined from a team packed with great young players, many of which were sold for lots of money, to getting relegated and taking ages to come up. A very similar decline to Hibs actually as they also started the decline by selling off an entire team.

Budge's "regime" by contrast has seen us finish just once outside the top 6 in 5 years or so, with one 3rd, one Championship title and one cup final (and a very good chance of another). Not perfect but not the worst.

Hungry hippo
7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Why do you think it has become bank policy?  ....It’s because football clubs generally have bad credit ratings. If football clubs were well run businesses they could get funding.

It is bank policy for all clubs regardless of cash position - trust me. This was the decision that led Hibs, Dundee Utd etc negotiating their previous debt positions.

jamboveg1874
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Please stay off the bevvy or drugs before posting!

Learning curve...shes been in the business world for over 30 years!

Since RN left its been nothing but a shambles.  Allowing Levein to do what ever he wants. Signings have been poor, brings a guy who has never managed a team let alot a major top in a top league.

An over budget stand by 100% this list goes on and on

Once we resume football she should leave asap! 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Can you give us a list of say half a dozen names for when FoH take over.

Off the top of my head? Probably not.

Thankfully an executive search process would usually be slightly more thorough than "geez half a dozen names"*

*with the exception of us appointing managers on the basis that they're "down the hallway".

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, jamboveg1874 said:

Please stay off the bevvy or drugs before posting!

Learning curve...shes been in the business world for over 30 years!

Since RN left its been nothing but a shambles.  Allowing Levein to do what ever he wants. Signings have been poor, brings a guy who has never managed a team let alot a major top in a top league.

An over budget stand by 100% this list goes on and on

Once we resume football she should leave asap! 

So running a business is the same as running a football club? her business decisions have been good. She's suffered from delegating a lot of football decisions to someone else. That has now changed.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, The Fonz said:

Thankfully an executive search process would usually be slightly more thorough than "geez half a dozen names"*

*with the exception of us appointing managers on the basis that they're "down the hallway".

Was Stendel just down the hallway, aye?

This is what I genuinely can't understand.  If people, including staff of football clubs, are going to be out of work for the next 6 months or possibly a lot longer, surely their employers with no revenue coming in, have to let them go?

Surely clubs won't put season tickets on sale then use the revenue to pay wages.  If they do, what money will they have when football returns?  As I say, I genuinely don't understand this.  

Thank heavens for the FoH.  Long may it continue.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Was Stendel just down the hallway, aye?

I was referring to Levein's appointment, but I think you knew that.

Also, if we want to discuss the recruitment process for Stendel I think it would be described as amateurish at best; 
Wasting weeks hoping that Austin MacPhee would do enough so that she could give him the job. Wasting valuable time interviewing un-appointable candidates like McCall and McCann. Then once we get Stendel through the door we ***** about even more before getting in his coaching team, so he's left only with Andy Kirk who is deemed competent enough to work with the first team.

You jumped on that point fairly quick, but you've failed to address the nepotism re the procurement for the new stand. Any thoughts on that?

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Are they not doing that so the can take advantage of government furlough policy. 

I would guess that the whole non playing staff could be paid with 50% of Harry Kane’s wages ..

jamboveg1874
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So running a business is the same as running a football club? her business decisions have been good. She's suffered from delegating a lot of football decisions to someone else. That has now changed.

Football is a business !

Off the park she has done well

On the park its been a disaster 

That person she delegated the football to was a trusted friend. It hasnt been right for 5 years. Surely she must of questioned why they were employing a guy with no experience in managing while getting rid of a manager who had got us promoted and sitting in the top half of the league

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

I was referring to Levein's appointment, but I think you knew that.

Also, if we want to discuss the recruitment process for Stendel I think it would be described as amateurish at best; 
Wasting weeks hoping that Austin MacPhee would do enough so that she could give him the job. Wasting valuable time interviewing un-appointable candidates like McCall and McCann. Then once we get Stendel through the door we ***** about even more before getting in his coaching team, so he's left only with Andy Kirk who is deemed competent enough to work with the first team.

You jumped on that point fairly quick, but you've failed to address the nepotism re the procurement for the new stand. Any thoughts on that?

Don't care. Haven't taken any notice. Have seen no proof. Plenty family members work together. Stephen Robinson just signed his own son for Motherwell. I couldn't;t care less how much the stand costs as I have no idea what's involved. We have a new stand and more importantly a secure Tynecastle future. Thanks to Budge.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, jamboveg1874 said:

Football is a business !

Off the park she has done well

On the park its been a disaster 

That person she delegated the football to was a trusted friend. It hasnt been right for 5 years. Surely she must of questioned why they were employing a guy with no experience in managing while getting rid of a manager who had got us promoted and sitting in the top half of the league

5 years? 5 years ago today we were skooshing the Championship title. The next year we finished 3rd. The next year we were in 2nd/3rd around Christmas. Do you mean 2.5 years?

Unknown user
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

This is what I genuinely can't understand.  If people, including staff of football clubs, are going to be out of work for the next 6 months or possibly a lot longer, surely their employers with no revenue coming in, have to let them go?

Surely clubs won't put season tickets on sale then use the revenue to pay wages.  If they do, what money will they have when football returns?  As I say, I genuinely don't understand this.  

Thank heavens for the FoH.  Long may it continue.

It seems really foolhardy to use next season's money now when we don't know what'll happen next season.

Hibs have sold over a thousand STs and we don't even know how many games there'll be 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

5 years? 5 years ago today we were skooshing the Championship title. The next year we finished 3rd. The next year we were in 2nd/3rd around Christmas. Do you mean 2.5 years?

A very good point. How many teams have won something in that time frame? 

One team - Celtic with their treble treble.

Rangers have been pish. 

Aberdeen pretending to look alright but have won nothing 

Hibs have been pish. 

The (some) fans pushed Neilson out and its been shite ever since. 

24 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

It is bank policy for all clubs regardless of cash position - trust me. This was the decision that led Hibs, Dundee Utd etc negotiating their previous debt positions.

All of these clubs have recently had bank debt written off. 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It seems really foolhardy to use next season's money now when we don't know what'll happen next season.

Hibs have sold over a thousand STs and we don't even know how many games there'll be 

I agree.

26 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Exactly what I thought.

They're so plentiful that you're absolutely stumped.

Just now, JamboAl said:

Exactly what I thought.

They're so plentiful that you're absolutely stumped.

Hahaha are you the full shilling?

As I said in my post, one would hope the recruitment process for exec level positions would be more in-depth than asking a random fan to put forward names on the spot. 

By your logic if I think our GK's are pish I should have a list of suitable replacements that are available within budget and available to hand? That's not my job.

Hungry hippo
7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

All of these clubs have recently had bank debt written off. 

Exactly, that was my point. This was because banks were no longer willing to lend to football following the credit crunch. They were withdrawing from the market when this debt was written off 

I'm not aware of any clubs receiving further funds from a bank in the last 10 years and from Ann Budge's statement there is no indication this is set to change.

1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

Careful mate, some boys on here who wear their pants on the outside of their trousers will be calling you Hibs in a minute.

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Budge all day over the likes of gormless Ron. The manner in which he ****ed over their pathetic ponzi-scheme was awesome, and they just sat there and took it. 

Agreed, I think Ponzi scheme is a term reserved for fraud that runs into millions not a few grand collectively raised from down the side of half the sofas in Leith 😜.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

What do you suggest?

Cover 2-4 months cash requirements, take advantage of any windfalls, don’t take on any significant debt.  That would cover nearly everything bar major catastrophe’s ie ww viral pandemic, loss of all sponsor income etc 

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Why would we want extra debt? How does that fit with your concept of having significant ‘reserves’ 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Cover 2-4 months cash requirements, take advantage of any windfalls, don’t take on any significant debt.  That would cover nearly everything bar major catastrophe’s ie ww viral pandemic, loss of all sponsor income etc 

In recent times we have seen 2 tv deals collapse that caused huge problems. 2-4 months cash would not have been enough to cover this.  

59 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well there’s no point in them furloughing their playing staff as that would allow them to walk away. Non-playing staff now all on 20% pay cut. Would imagine playing staff will be in same or more and announced later this week. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

The benefactor(s) may be significantly impacted by the current crisis. I think it's pretty poor to criticise them when they have already helped so much and a good example of why they may have chosen to remain anonymous.

I hope not because we would be fecked without their cash. Quite why that is the case is beyond me.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I hope not because we would be fecked without their cash. Quite why that is the case is beyond me.

Hearts have over 8000 benefactors, including some very rich ones. It's something to be celebrated not used as a stick to beat the club with.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Having a bad couple of seasons isn't "frittering money away" it's just having a bad couple of seasons. How often do we win a trophy? Very rarely. How often do we have a genuinely good or memorable season - a cup run and/or finishing 3rd/4th or higher. Maybe every 3-4 years. So the vast majority of our seasons see very little or no return other than some derby wins and other victories. During those "no return" seasons we will have spent millions on wages and so on. It's not "frittering money away". It's spending money on the team, which sometimes works and more than often doesn't lead to anything very much. Ok, the last 12-18 myths have been unusually bad. We got into a nosedive triggered by an unusually big injury list that never let up and dawdled too long hoping it would get better, then couldn't get out of it. It's happened to other teams. The money side isn't that relevant as if it was we'd always be 3rd (or 4th these days after Aberdeen with their higher budget), it's just football. 

We are bottom of the table and in relegation trouble having had millions of £ as recourses.  Trying to sell season tickets while kicking about the bottom six and over a season absolutely brutal, again.  It’s been completely a reckless the spending on and off the pitch.  This pandemic has actually saved the people in a charge a lot more hard hitting questions as to how it was allowed to happen.  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

We are bottom of the table and in relegation trouble having had millions of £ as recourses.  Trying to sell season tickets while kicking about the bottom six and over a season absolutely brutal, again.  It’s been completely a reckless the spending on and off the pitch.  This pandemic has actually saved the people in a charge a lot more hard hitting questions as to how it was allowed to happen.  

We all know how it happened. Two poor managers and a horrendous injury list. There is no mystery.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We all know how it happened. Two poor managers and a horrendous injury list. There is no mystery.

You mean a shocking decision to let Craig Levein to have free reign over the football side of business and give him a blank cheque in desperation he would get it correct, costing millions and many poor seasons.  Ever club has had injuries also.  It’s about time you stopped beating that drum and come into realisation Levein was shit and left a complete and utter shambles even when players aren’t injured. 

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm guessing you'd probably rather she'd sold to Ron Gordon or that loony American Barnsley owner guy when they approached her. That's another benefit of having someone like her in charge by the way - she's not interested in selling out to people that don't have the best interests of the club at heart.

Romanov was much more of a success for HMFC than Budge will ever dream of being.  But at least we have someone like Ann, who was ignorant to the fact that Levein was pap for three years disregarding all the support in backing him and at times treating the support with contempt. Then there’s a massive, massive overspend on the main stand that means the supporters are still trying to bail the club out and still don’t own the club because of it. 

East Lothian Jambo
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The injury thing is over played mate 

Levein sat at AGM 18 months ago and basically admitted he had to idea how to arrest the decline that had well and truly set in. His great hope was the return from injury of Uche, a guy Stendel wouldn't take in a lucky bag 

When he was floundering that badly, and so publicly, Budge should've intervened at least a full year before she did

The Academy was to be his legacy. What's it produced?