Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I suspect Ann has been given a heads up that there will be no relegation.

It's definitely better than going bust but I'm not sure otherwise it's a good idea as we're just shoving things down the line.

That said if we have a dozen expiring contracts coming up (as well as CL and AM) and don't renew say 8 of them that would drastically reduce operating costs next season.  In addition some capital costs can be deferred.

As they say after each Budget "The devil will be in the detail".

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I dibt think I’ve ever had a favourite journalist but I do now.

D3CAC93F-D42D-4631-9424-985879A85EDA.jpeg

It's Hearts fault for starting it. A domino effect so to speak.

Michael Stewart has the algorithm worked out. He's a clever boy.

33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Expect now the posters saying it wasn’t a good idea to do this to now change their minds collectively. 

I still don't think it's a good idea but it's obviously necessary, there's a difference 

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I don’t think we would be putting season tickets on sale, unless she knew what division we would be starting in. I also believe she’d take legal action if they attempted to relegate us. I’m convinced she’s been tipped off.

Maybe. I don't think we have a choice other than to put them on sale even without confirmation of the league we'll be in. If that's the case I will be very interested to see how that's covered off on the sales pitch.

My inclining:

Season tickets on sale after Budge tipped off about next season.

League season finished.

Restructure next season with 14 club top flight.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t  think I’ve ever had a favourite journalist but I do now.

D3CAC93F-D42D-4631-9424-985879A85EDA.jpeg

Tom is pure class😍

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As long as folk realise that cuts will still need to happen no matter how much we raise. 

Definitely.  It’s complete guesswork what clubs are in better positions etc though, it’s not really a competition. 

I've other priorities than an St right now but I guess if you can buy one you would be helping the club out a lot.

Can't shake the feeling though that all monies will just go into the black hole. When you buy an ST you always feel you are contributing to the squad for the upcoming season. Appreciate most clubs will be the same mind you. 

27 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Catastrophic Hearts' would deserve relegation
by Paul Forsyth

Ian Murray, an early driving force behind the Foundation of Hearts, has described as a “total and utter disgrace” the club’s failure to have made more of the £10 million ploughed into it by supporters during the last seven years.
That was the total reached yesterday by the fans group, of which the Labour MP was chairman in 2013. Since then, it has helped the club out of administration and acquired nearly 8,000 members who will eventually assume ownership from Ann Budge, the majority shareholder.
That transition, originally scheduled for next month, was officially put on hold yesterday because of the coronavirus crisis which has plunged Hearts into trouble on and off the pitch. Not only have they asked their staff to take a 50 per cent wage cut, but the team stand on the brink of relegation from the Ladbrokes Premiership.
Amid doubts as to whether the suspended season will ever resume, Murray says that fans who have invested so much in the club deserve an explanation for the “catastrophic” failures that have left them four points adrift at the foot of the table, with serious financial difficulties.
“If Hearts get relegated, they thoroughly deserve it, by a long way,” he says. “To only win four [league] games with the kind of money that has been spent on that squad, with the kind of players we have got, is a total and utter disgrace. It’s an embarrassment.

"Of the four games they have won, two have been against Hibs and one against Rangers. That tells you there is an attitude problem. And that’s the thing that upsets the Hearts fans more than anything else, especially in the context of putting in 10 million quid.”

Budge yesterday issued a statement in which she insisted that Hearts were in no more financial trouble than any other Scottish club. While Murray is not critical of the decision to reduce salaries, he is frustrated that the club are in such an unhealthy position.
Despite the pandemic, fans are still signing up to the Foundation of Hearts and donating by direct debit. Murray believes there should be more to show for those fundraising efforts, which repaid Budge’s initial investment, part-funded the redevelopment of Tynecastle and provided the club with £4.5 million in working capital.
“Ten million quid is a lot of money,” he says. “And the club looks as if it is in financial trouble because this crisis has hit. Yes, of course, we have built a new stand, but it doubled in price. There have to be big questions asked about that. Player recruitment . . . the amount of money that has been paid on a squad for managers that have not delivered . . . and they have not delivered by a catastrophic amount for a club like Hearts with all the money that the fans are putting in. It’s £10 million on top of record revenues for the club. These are difficult questions, but they are questions that fans who are still contributing to the foundation in this crisis have a right to ask. And they deserve answers.”

The guy is a clown. Beats me why people vote for him. Seems to be unable to read press releases and then digest what they say. Probably ideal qualities for a politician though. 

30 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I still don't think it's a good idea but it's obviously necessary, there's a difference 

👍

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The guy is a clown. Beats me why people vote for him. Seems to be unable to read press releases and then digest what they say. Probably ideal qualities for a politician though. 

Strange he doesn't know how the FoH funds have been spent. Only around £0.5m of the working capital was spent and that was on football debts. The rest of the working capital was saved and went to the stand. Reason being our crowds etc exceeded expectations in the first 2 seasons it was for. 

He wrote a book on it. 

Edited by Mikey1874

I'll be buying a season ticket regardless but for me the biggest unknown in terms of selling them and setting a price is not what league we'll be playing in but how many league games there will be. It'll be an expensive season ticket if there are only say 10 or 12 home games because we haven't started until autumn or winter.

heartsfc_fan
6 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I see Livi are paying their players in full during the lock down. 

Their players only earn about £40-£50k a year so they can get the government to cover most of that.

1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

I'll be buying a season ticket regardless but for me the biggest unknown in terms of selling them and setting a price is not what league we'll be playing in but how many league games there will be. It'll be an expensive season ticket if there are only say 10 or 12 home games because we haven't started until autumn or winter.

Same

Want to know date of season start. Also if schools open by then for donated tickets that go to schools. 

14 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

They’re using the government scheme 

Italian Lambretta
51 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Catastrophic Hearts' would deserve relegation
by Paul Forsyth

Ian Murray, an early driving force behind the Foundation of Hearts, has described as a “total and utter disgrace” the club’s failure to have made more of the £10 million ploughed into it by supporters during the last seven years.
That was the total reached yesterday by the fans group, of which the Labour MP was chairman in 2013. Since then, it has helped the club out of administration and acquired nearly 8,000 members who will eventually assume ownership from Ann Budge, the majority shareholder.
That transition, originally scheduled for next month, was officially put on hold yesterday because of the coronavirus crisis which has plunged Hearts into trouble on and off the pitch. Not only have they asked their staff to take a 50 per cent wage cut, but the team stand on the brink of relegation from the Ladbrokes Premiership.
Amid doubts as to whether the suspended season will ever resume, Murray says that fans who have invested so much in the club deserve an explanation for the “catastrophic” failures that have left them four points adrift at the foot of the table, with serious financial difficulties.
“If Hearts get relegated, they thoroughly deserve it, by a long way,” he says. “To only win four [league] games with the kind of money that has been spent on that squad, with the kind of players we have got, is a total and utter disgrace. It’s an embarrassment.

"Of the four games they have won, two have been against Hibs and one against Rangers. That tells you there is an attitude problem. And that’s the thing that upsets the Hearts fans more than anything else, especially in the context of putting in 10 million quid.”

Budge yesterday issued a statement in which she insisted that Hearts were in no more financial trouble than any other Scottish club. While Murray is not critical of the decision to reduce salaries, he is frustrated that the club are in such an unhealthy position.
Despite the pandemic, fans are still signing up to the Foundation of Hearts and donating by direct debit. Murray believes there should be more to show for those fundraising efforts, which repaid Budge’s initial investment, part-funded the redevelopment of Tynecastle and provided the club with £4.5 million in working capital.
“Ten million quid is a lot of money,” he says. “And the club looks as if it is in financial trouble because this crisis has hit. Yes, of course, we have built a new stand, but it doubled in price. There have to be big questions asked about that. Player recruitment . . . the amount of money that has been paid on a squad for managers that have not delivered . . . and they have not delivered by a catastrophic amount for a club like Hearts with all the money that the fans are putting in. It’s £10 million on top of record revenues for the club. These are difficult questions, but they are questions that fans who are still contributing to the foundation in this crisis have a right to ask. And they deserve answers.”

That looks like a bit if a drunken rant. Ive had a few myself lately on twitter as there is nothing else to do but drink alcohol and moan about everything 😁

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Irony, failure to comprehend, as you were etc... :rofl:

As you were Special Officer Doofy, what does that mean? My experience of Aberdeen, sadly way too much, they enjoy a niggle, helps make themselves somehow feel important.

Looking forward to the thousands of dull post's on people's individual reasons for buying a ST, whether they've bought one at that point and all other associated season ticket chat, including all fascinating discussion on how many have been sold.

I for one cannot wait.

:levein_interesting:

Edited by Jee

Italian Lambretta
15 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Drug money? 

Italian Lambretta
Just now, Jee said:

Looking forward to the thousands and of dull post's on people's individual reasons for buying a ST and whether they've bought one at that point. Can't wait.

Im not buying one until i know for sure ill still be alive in 2 months 😂

Carl Weathers
7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

You can't take the money with you!

Clerry Jambo
31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I couldn’t give a monkeys about his politics, but “this clown” helped save our club along with a lot of other people. He’s also right about the amount of money that has been pumped into the club over these years and where we find ourselves. My take on his words is having a pop at the football dept and not Budge who he has massive respect for. 

9 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Why - its not like you will be around to care about it, worst case scenario! :lol:

35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Totally.

Expect this from the clowns who have commented to the press so far, but from someone who is supposed to be one of our own is Shan as ****. 

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

As you were Special Officer Doofy, what does that mean? My experience of Aberdeen, sadly way too much, they enjoy a niggle, helps make themselves somehow feel important.

Bit of a whooosh from Flossy.

Adam_the_legend
47 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Strange he doesn't know how the FoH funds have been spent. Only around £0.5m of the working capital was spent and that was on football debts. The rest of the working capital was saved and went to the stand. Reason being our crowds etc exceeded expectations in the first 2 seasons it was for. 

He wrote a book on it. 

Not his biggest fan but he seems to just be saying how ridiculous it is for us to have the wage bill and facilities we have and come out with 4 wins all season. It has been shocking from the powers that be at tynecastle, all he’s doing is reiterating that. Sounds like most other  frustrated fans tbh. 

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I don’t think we would be putting season tickets on sale, unless she knew what division we would be starting in. I also believe she’d take legal action if they attempted to relegate us. I’m convinced she’s been tipped off.

Your theory may well be correct however it would be difficult to justify our current pricing should be be relegated.

If we assume that there will be no football until the start of what would be the new season then taking into account the games that have not been played then she may offer a reduced price.

That would encourage people to buy at a lower price and that would bring in some much needed revenue.

The other option might be to introduce a half season ticket at a knock down price now with the option to buy the second at possibly a higher price assuming we are still in the top league.

The only danger with this is that if we have a crap start to the season alot of people might not take up the second half of the season option

49 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

35 minutes ago, biffy said:

They’re using the government scheme 

yeah, they pay a low basic but do have high win bonuses I believe (same as St Johnstone)

they are using the government to pay 80% of their wages so it’s not like they are paying in full. A bit naughty of them to say they are paying when clearly they aren’t. 
Their players will be affected because no football means no bonuses 

Edited by 1971fozzy

23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I couldn’t give a monkeys about his politics, but “this clown” helped save our club along with a lot of other people. He’s also right about the amount of money that has been pumped into the club over these years and where we find ourselves. My take on his words is having a pop at the football dept and not Budge who he has massive respect for. 

He needs to take a pop at the Labour party which ought to be his first concern.  Why have they performed so badly "on the field" and in Scotland particularly where he has much influence?  If Scottish politics had a league table, Labour would well and truly have been relegated by now.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Your theory may well be correct however it would be difficult to justify our current pricing should be be relegated.

If we assume that there will be no football until the start of what would be the new season then taking into account the games that have not been played then she may offer a reduced price.

That would encourage people to buy at a lower price and that would bring in some much needed revenue.

The other option might be to introduce a half season ticket at a knock down price now with the option to buy the second at possibly a higher price assuming we are still in the top league.

The only danger with this is that if we have a crap start to the season alot of people might not take up the second half of the season option

Precisely. Part of the reason I think it’s already been decided and communicated to the clubs already.

36 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

That looks like a bit if a drunken rant. Ive had a few myself lately on twitter as there is nothing else to do but drink alcohol and moan about everything 😁

I think it looks like a clever piece of journalistic interference.

Clever quotes from AB etc interspersed with  some of Murray's making seem as if this is all his utterings.

I don't have a lot of time for the guy however I think this is a clever piece of manipulation on the writers part and from the reaction on here it seems to have worked.

29 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

So how much of FoH money has been spent on the squad? 

30 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He isn’t right about the money pumped into the club. 

Edited by soonbe110

15 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Not his biggest fan but he seems to just be saying how ridiculous it is for us to have the wage bill and facilities we have and come out with 4 wins all season. It has been shocking from the powers that be at tynecastle, all he’s doing is reiterating that. Sounds like most other  frustrated fans tbh. 

But that’s not what he is saying in his headline comments. 

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So how much of FoH money has been spent on the squad? 

No idea Mikey all I know is our budget will be one of the highest outwith the arse cheeks and our on field performances have been an embarrassment as he says.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Precisely. Part of the reason I think it’s already been decided and communicated to the clubs already.

The down side of this will be that if we put the season tickets on sale very soon before any announcement about the structure of the league next season and we are still charging the same price then the media will be jumping all over it.

You can imagine the Sun, EEN etc having a field day lambasting the club for daring ro sell tickets at these inflated price in the Championship and what would the club say in response?

Oh it's ok guys we got the not that we are not being relegated!!!:biglaugh:

It is maybe more likely that the clubs have been told there will be an announcement soon about next season and we will co-incide the sale of season tickets with this.

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

No idea Mikey all I know is our budget will be one of the highest outwith the arse cheeks and our on field performances have been an embarrassment as he says.

Well the answer is zero 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

They vote for him because he’s a good and active constituency MP.

That’s is true.

The figures also show he gets unionist votes from people who would normally vote for other parties. 

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Agreed. Murray’s article is all about inferring how we have wasted £10m of FoH money on the playing side which is just not true 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed. Murray’s article is all about inferring how we have wasted £10m of FoH money on the playing side which is just not true 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well the answer is zero FoH funds spent on playing squad or other club day to day expenses.

1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

I will also buy whenever they go on sale, but I am fortunate, Front line worker with guaranteed income. I think the club should take half the money that they expect the tickets to be just now and half when its confirmed what league etc. 

Adam_the_legend
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

But that’s not what he is saying in his headline comments. 

Headline comments?? I read the full article and he is basically pissed that we have spent a ton and are absolute pony. I can’t really criticise him for that because imo he’s spot on. 

19 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The down side of this will be that if we put the season tickets on sale very soon before any announcement about the structure of the league next season and we are still charging the same price then the media will be jumping all over it.

You can imagine the Sun, EEN etc having a field day lambasting the club for daring ro sell tickets at these inflated price in the Championship and what would the club say in response?

Oh it's ok guys we got the not that we are not being relegated!!!:biglaugh:

It is maybe more likely that the clubs have been told there will be an announcement soon about next season and we will co-incide the sale of season tickets with this.

We shall see, I suppose. 👍

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Headline comments?? I read the full article and he is basically pissed that we have spent a ton and are absolute pony. I can’t really criticise him for that because imo he’s spot on. 

How much of £10 million FoH money has been spent on the player budget?

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

But we haven’t spent ‘ton of FoH money’ on the playing squad which is what he, and I think you, are saying. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

But we haven’t spent ‘ton of FoH money’ on the playing squad which is what he, and I think you, are saying. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The answer is zero. None. Zilch. 

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Actually don’t have the energy to debate this, more important things going on in the world. My ultimate point was he’s a frustrated fan who’s venting, if I’m wrong then that’s fine. 

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

Actually don’t have the energy to debate this, more important things going on in the world. My ultimate point was he’s a frustrated fan who’s venting, if I’m wrong then that’s fine. 

Talking complete shite though about FoH funds.  

37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He isn’t right about the money pumped into the club. 

How much has the mystery benefactor put into the club and more precise the playing squad?  Absolute millions squandered on shite.