Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

TyphoonJambo
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Badly run clearly 🙈😜🤪.

Seemingly alongside PSG, Real and Man Utd all have greenginger in speed dial. They'll be ok. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Hibs fans claiming we have made a mess of this( inspite of being inline with a long list of European giants) It will be interesting to see how their players respond to blackmail. The players will be told to accept the deferral or there will be redundancies. Could be a sticky situation over at ER. 

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

Hibs fans claiming we have made a mess of this( inspite of being inline with a long list of European giants) It will be interesting to see how their players respond to blackmail. The players will be told to accept the deferral or there will be redundancies. Could be a sticky situation over at ER. 

Then what happens to the money needed for paying deferrals. Of course deferrals could be paid over 30 years. 

Season tickets going on sale will give them some indication. 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Then what happens to the money needed for paying deferrals. Of course deferrals could be paid over 30 years. 

Season tickets going on sale will give them some indication. 

if it’s not a huge uptake I am sure Ron the Con will turn to the HSL money before putting his hand in his pocket. He has hoovered up everything else. Karma is coming for some of them. 

20 minutes ago, Rods said:

if it’s not a huge uptake I am sure Ron the Con will turn to the HSL money before putting his hand in his pocket. He has hoovered up everything else. Karma is coming for some of them. 

HSL money? That'll be the tea lady paid for a day then!

Gordon Ramsay

Hibs fans seem to be praising the club for what they feel is a revolutionary approach. 

I'm not so sure deferrals are the way to go considering no one has any idea how long this will last. Bit messy for me.

I'm sure Ron only has the clubs best interests at heart though.... 

Gordon Ramsay
11 hours ago, Rods said:

Firesale at Easter Road who would you take?

Boyle maybe.

Boyle maybe but his knees are as fragile as his bald patch. 

The rest are all shite. Even Scott Allan's pass. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Seemingly alongside PSG, Real and Man Utd all have greenginger in speed dial. They'll be ok. 

Barca too 😃

gashauskis9
16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like 4 months wages 

IMG_20200328_185216.jpg

Such a badly run club. Absolute disgrace for them to be in this position.  Should have their serie A titles and champions league titles taken off them.  Who needs Aaron Ramsay when you’ve got Scott Allan eh?

East Lothian Jambo
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I didn't think someone like Michael Stewart and other journalists could get any worse, but they've managed it with their very hasty, ill-informed, hyperbolic coverage of the steps Hearts have been taking to, you know, ensure the club survives in a once in a lifetime global crisis no business has plans in place for.

Slow hand clap, lads, slow hand clap.

And has no-one in Stewart's (and the other journos - surprised by Alan Patullo getting some kicks in to be honest) circle reminded him which club under which owner was the first in Scotland to adopt a living wage to employees, and one of the first in Britain? That alone does kind of contradict this underlying narrative being built that Budge is some sort of opportunist seeking to profit from the crisis, and that she doesn't have the best interests of her employees at heart.

Meanwhile, Rangers will be allowed to quietly go bust in the background with virtually  no comment until Alex Thomson starts writing about it.

Happened before didn't it. Rangers are in deep deep shit yet nobody dares cast an eye in that direction 

Maybe the straight talking Yorkshireman could be willing to get involved.....

manaliveits105

FFS Dopey Dalgleish having a kick at Ann and us now in Sunday post - doubt he wrote it but must have agreed to put his name to it at the  least

ends by praising what Dave King has done for Rangers though  !!

Feckin weegia 

!

30 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

FFS Dopey Dalgleish having a kick at Ann and us now in Sunday post - doubt he wrote it but must have agreed to put his name to it at the  least

Feckin weegia 

!

Resigning and running away?

eyesandears
42 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Feckin weegia 

!

Sunday Post 😂😂

Deferred wages won't help with loss of revenue as you still have to pay them at some point.

It's simple. Revenue drops off a cliff. Overheards have to be cut while making sure you have a viable business at the other side.

Hibs still have their heads in the sand.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Deferred wages won't help with loss of revenue as you still have to pay them at some point.

It's simple. Revenue drops off a cliff. Overheards have to be cut while making sure you have a viable business at the other side.

Agreed paying 16 months wages , for example, in a 12 month period is not sustainable for any business or football club.

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Happened before didn't it. Rangers are in deep deep shit yet nobody dares cast an eye in that direction 

Maybe the straight talking Yorkshireman could be willing to get involved.....

Its like lord of the rings where everyone is too scared to look towards Mordor, in case the big biggotted all-seeing eye 👁‍🗨 sees you

Edited by TypoonJambo

2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Agreed paying 16 months wages , for example, in a 12 month period is not sustainable for any business or football club.

It would be workable if crowds increased by around 25% or/and admission (ST) prices increased by a similar figure and/or merchandise costs increased by 25% with no drop in sales.  Can anyone imagine any of these scenarios happening without an outcry?  Somehow I don't.

The fact is that we are all going to have to take a hit because of the virus and footballers are no exception.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

clubs are deluding themselves into thinking there will be a big bail out of clubs from the government. Imagine what it will be like when all these clubs that deferred wages, have to tell the players that actually they will have to cut wages or let them go. 

Still amazed at what Hibs are claiming. It feels that the refusal to even discuss wage cuts is only dictated as a way to have a go at us. It will backfire badly for them.

part_time_jambo
On 28/03/2020 at 11:05, wavydavy said:

They actually don't have a reasonable arguement to be treated any differently to any other employee especially under the current epidemic scenario.

These are special times that call for a common sense approach which I think AB has done.

Nobody wants to lose out on their salary and foorballers generally have a short working life making decent money and feel they have to make the most of the relatively short careers they have.

The question they have to ask themselves is do we hold out for full pay and possibly help bankrupt the club in which case we get nothing or do we take the hit now and give the club a lifeline?

It's a no brainer for most but then it really has to be asked do some of these players have a brain or are they being influenced by their greedy agents?

They are not barred from doing other jobs when they stop playing football, or even while playing football.

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

clubs are deluding themselves into thinking there will be a big bail out of clubs from the government. Imagine what it will be like when all these clubs that deferred wages, have to tell the players that actually they will have to cut wages or let them go. 

Still amazed at what Hibs are claiming. It feels that the refusal to even discuss wage cuts is only dictated as a way to have a go at us. It will backfire badly for them.

I think they think they will get the extra from the fans.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I think they think they will get the extra from the fans.

Heads, sand, deluded, buried, arseholes. 

Rearange for a fun filled lockdown 10 seconds

3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

They are not barred from doing other jobs when they stop playing football, or even while playing football.

They could maybe a job with wee Blackie doing painting and decorating work

2 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Of course they are not barred from doing jobs once they stop playing. A bit of a silly comment to make I think.

Not sure many clubs would take too kindly to their players having other jobs either while playing at our level at least. They might have it written into contracts that they can't do other work although we know that some do punditry type work. Some perhaps might do college courses which is hardly going to jeopardise their fitness levels or give them injuries.

Different obviously for part time teams where the players have other jobs.

22 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Most of them aren't qualified to do anything else. 

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

My company are now paying me nowt. All being covered by the government retention scheme. The same for every other employee. Means I know I will have a job to go back to.

I would love to know what percentage Hibs players are being offered of their pay and how long is it before the IOU is paid.

You would have thought a club with such great finances wouldnt have to cut wages at all.

Imagine that was our offer at the beginning.

I would suggest rather than posting links to  articles just post the story so we dont need to get their traffic up.

part_time_jambo
Just now, wavydavy said:

Of course they are not barred from doing jobs once they stop playing. A bit of a silly comment to make I think.

Not sure many clubs would take too kindly to their players having other jobs either while playing at our level at least. They might have it written into contracts that they can't do other work although we know that some do punditry type work. Some perhaps might do college courses which is hardly going to jeopardise their fitness levels or give them injuries.

Different obviously for part time teams where the players have other jobs.

You made it sound as though they are:

" foorballers generally have a short working life making decent money and feel they have to make the most of the relatively short careers they have."

Hibs players hold talks with club chiefs over wages - but won't be asked to take pay cut

Squad members began negotiations with Easter Road hierarchy this weekend

A general view of Easter Road stadium Copyright: Other 3rd Party

Hibs chiefs have started the ball rolling on wage talks with the Easter Road squad – but are not thought to be asking the players to take a pay cut.

The Sun reports that the club’s hierarchy have begun negotiations just days after owner Ron Gordon warned “difficult decisions” would have to be made amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Nothing has been agreed as yet but it is believed the club is hopeful that players will agree to having a percentage of their monthly wages deferred, with the leftover sums being paid once the football season is back up and running.

Several clubs including Hibs’ Capital rivals Hearts have asked members of the playing squad and coaching staff to take wage cuts while other teams have been forced to lay off some workers as a result of the ongoing hiatus.

SectionDJambo
31 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think you’re right.

How can you defer wages when you’ve no idea when the games will start again? They’re going to be mounting up a significant debt with no guarantee of enough games being played to cover it.

What if, for example, they finish this season but then have a severely curtailed season next time? Less games, less income, players expecting full pay,including deferred wages.

Clubs deferring wages are going to be desperate to play all the games that would normally be expected, with a close season to fit in after this suspension. Because, no doubt, the next expectation from these financial wizard pundits will be that players get their full holiday/close season as well.

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

My company are now paying me nowt. All being covered by the government retention scheme. The same for every other employee. Means I know I will have a job to go back to.

I was more meaning that on top of the scheme the clubs are given extra money.

5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think you’re right.

How can you defer wages when you’ve no idea when the games will start again? They’re going to be mounting up a significant debt with no guarantee of enough games being played to cover it.

What if, for example, they finish this season but then have a severely curtailed season next time? Less games, less income, players expecting full pay,including deferred wages.

Clubs deferring wages are going to be desperate to play all the games that would normally be expected, with a close season to fit in after this suspension. Because, no doubt, the next expectation from these financial wizard pundits will be that players get their full holiday/close season as well.

Hibs believe they are on an upward trajectory to doubling their player budget, doubling their turnover. So maybe think they can comfortably manage deferred wages.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I was more meaning that on top of the scheme the clubs are given extra money.

They won't get anything extra and nor should they.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs believe they are on an upward trajectory to doubling their player budget, doubling their turnover. So maybe think they can comfortably manage deferred wages.

That business plan involved removing discounts for disabled supporters so I'm doubtful it will withstand a pandemic.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

They won't get anything extra and nor should they.

I agree but I can see some clubs hoping this will happen

23 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

That business plan involved removing discounts for disabled supporters so I'm doubtful it will withstand a pandemic.

It was also based on increasing the turnover. All pie in the sky stuff and unlikely to happen even more so now.

1 hour ago, part_time_jambo said:

You made it sound as though they are:

" foorballers generally have a short working life making decent money and feel they have to make the most of the relatively short careers they have."

I thought it was pretty clear I was talking about some of them not wanting to take a cut in pay because their footballing careers are relatively short but obviously you read it differently.

1 hour ago, jackal said:

Hibs players hold talks with club chiefs over wages - but won't be asked to take pay cut

Squad members began negotiations with Easter Road hierarchy this weekend

A general view of Easter Road stadium Copyright: Other 3rd Party

Hibs chiefs have started the ball rolling on wage talks with the Easter Road squad – but are not thought to be asking the players to take a pay cut.

The Sun reports that the club’s hierarchy have begun negotiations just days after owner Ron Gordon warned “difficult decisions” would have to be made amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Nothing has been agreed as yet but it is believed the club is hopeful that players will agree to having a percentage of their monthly wages deferred, with the leftover sums being paid once the football season is back up and running.

Several clubs including Hibs’ Capital rivals Hearts have asked members of the playing squad and coaching staff to take wage cuts while other teams have been forced to lay off some workers as a result of the ongoing hiatus.

So if this comes into effect surely it is the same as a pay cut. Ok it says the leftover sums will be paid later but that still means for the time being they will have reduced income.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

So if this comes into effect surely it is the same as a pay cut. Ok it says the leftover sums will be paid later but that still means for the time being they will have reduced income.

There’s a considerable difference between a deferral and a cut though 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s a considerable difference between a deferral and a cut though 

There is a difference but until such times as this is over and play resumes the players will have a cut in their pay. They are saying it will be paid back once things are back to normal but that could change.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, wavydavy said:

There is a difference but until such times as this is over and play resumes the players will have a cut in their pay. They are saying it will be paid back once things are back to normal but that could change.

I’d presume it will be put down in contract form

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’d presume it will be put down in contract form

If they have any sense then I would imagine so however those can be broken or changed.

Edited by wavydavy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

If they have any sense then I would imagine so however those can be broken or changed.

Generally though, if you breach a player’s contract they can sue or leave on a free transfer (which I accept is an idle threat. I’d love it if 99% of our players severed their deals and fecked off).

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Generally though, if you breach a player’s contract they can sue or leave on a free transfer (which I accept is an idle threat. I’d love it if 99% of our players severed their deals and fecked off).

👍

Jambo in Yorkshire

Having just watched the latest government update it looks like it could be 6 months before we have a chance of getting back to normal.

Clubs may well review their plans after considering this news. 

Season tickets might not be used until October. I’m not sure many will buy but that’s an individual choice.

No income for 6 months will make life extremely tough for any club.

3 hours ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Having just watched the latest government update it looks like it could be 6 months before we have a chance of getting back to normal.

Season tickets might not be used until October. I’m not sure many will buy but that’s an individual choice.

Goodwill required by all parties. 

Clerry Jambo
14 hours ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Hibs confirm they have sold over a 1000 in 2 days

Unknown user
On 28/03/2020 at 22:49, Jim Panzee said:

So how come Juventus don’t have a years worth of cash in the bank etc etc etc

I wonder what Tam McManus would tell them

16 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Desperate attempt to align this as comparable to what Hearts are doing. Just not the case.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs confirm they have sold over a 1000 in 2 days

Interesting. This could cause complications. Say a club only sells 50% of the tickets they normally would. Suddenly, you have a situation where you can only afford less than 50% of wages. Be interesting to see what we do.

IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Interesting. This could cause complications. Say a club only sells 50% of the tickets they normally would. Suddenly, you have a situation where you can only afford less than 50% of wages. Be interesting to see what we do.

What would be the outcome of selling 0% of the normal season tickets with regards to income and the ability to afford players wagses?

Aberdeen are selling season tickets too, I've already bought ours, surely buying season tickets (as you would in normal circumstances (if you are able to)) helps the clubs.