Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Five to One

Might be being overly optimistic but is situations like this when Ann comes into her own? She’s seems to have had a handle on the crisis from early on while other clubs seem to be splashing around in the dark. I think she’s really grasped the gravity of the impact of Covid-19. Tom English even mentioned other clubs have been in touch for advice including Rangers.

Hibs season ticket launch looks like a massive own goal at the moment. Ill judged. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Has to happen, for many it will be only be a couple of pays before they go ( hopefully) . I can’t believe they are not accepting this. Currently in Australia, the AFL has saw full teams stood down, whilst other have accepted 50-70% pay cuts to keep the sport alive. 

10,000’s of jobs lost with people now unemployed and receiving benefits , it is absolutely staggering how the media has reported the Hearts situation, really Hearts , ban the BBC & Sun now!

34 minutes ago, biffy said:

That sky article, is that not just what was I. First statement. Accept 50% or mutually terminate 

Some players attitude maybe explains why we are where we are?

Certainly not 'all in it together'.

Strange times.

42 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Personally think eventually their hand will be forced as don't think there's any chance of football being played for months and months. Again only my humble opinion. 

Only games played will be Cup semi finals and final. Can't see league games being played. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not sure when this will be over. 

Suspension of the League I thought gave the opportunity to cancel contracts. 

Then 50% may be better than having no club at all by October. Could be very short sighted. 

Italian and American situation is horrendous 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Then 50% may be better than having no club at all by October. Could be very short sighted. 

Deaths going up to Italian / Spanish levels will concentrate minds. Fraser Wishart might be quieter then. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Deaths going up to Italian / Spanish levels will concentrate minds. Fraser Wishart might be quieter then. 

Building mortuaries in major cities in the UK.

That should focus minds.

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Then 50% may be better than having no club at all by October. Could be very short sighted

That seems to be the reality of the situation and  if a contract is cancelled there may be no glut of clubs just waiting to sign anyone as other clubs will have suffered financially too.  They may even view the refuseniks as non team players.

I know time moves differently at these strange times but I'm sure the club said don't believe the papers within the last couple of days.

Good to see Preston taking his public roasting well though. ****ing welt .

Hearts will do what needs to be done to make sure we still have a club.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Not according to Donald. Back to work at Easter.👍🏻

Should cull a few sportsmen and women too. He'll like that, as long as the economy is cool.

This chap appears to disagree with my local golf clubs proprietor 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Barack said:

Re-tweeted that a couple of days ago. :lol:

14 fs and 3 shits in 87 seconds. Making the Killie chap look rather articulate 

10 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I know time moves differently at these strange times but I'm sure the club said don't believe the papers within the last couple of days.

Good to see Preston taking his public roasting well though. ****ing welt .

Hearts will do what needs to be done to make sure we still have a club.

The bottom part I especially agree with and **** anyone who disagrees.  What I don’t understand is AB saying we are better ran than most clubs in this country yet giving players a few days deadline to agree to shit.  If the club are in the shit people would empathise a lot more.  One day it’s we are all good next there’s a email threatening to suspend players wages by next week.  It’s mixed messages galore.  It’s like Budge has to cling on to that one last thing that the club is being well ran when it’s obviously not apart from the commercial department who obviously play a complete Maradona in terms of sponsorship and getting benefactors to plough money in topping the club up.  

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The bottom part I especially agree with and **** anyone who disagrees.  What I don’t understand is AB saying we are better ran than most clubs in this country yet giving players a few days deadline to agree to shit.  If the club are in the shit people would empathise a lot more.  One day it’s we are all good next there’s a email threatening to suspend players wages by next week.  It’s mixed messages galore.  It’s like Budge has to cling on to that one last thing that the club is being well ran when it’s obviously not apart from the commercial department who obviously play a complete Maradona in terms of sponsorship and getting benefactors to plough money in topping the club up.  

That's you believing the papers again. One person knows better than anyone what is going on and it's not me, you or Alan ****ing Preston.

I have had to accept a new contract today ref government retention scheme. I had six hours.

This 31st March deadline hasn't appeared overnight.

I would rather the Hearts statement than the waffle from the crook at Hibs who has everything Hibs own tied to his investment.

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

That's you believing the papers again. One person knows better than anyone what is going on and it's not me, you or Alan ****ing Preston.

I have had to accept a new contract today ref government retention scheme. I had six hours.

This 31st March deadline hasn't appeared overnight.

I would rather the Hearts statement than the waffle from the crook at Hibs who has everything Hibs own tied to his investment.

All fair points.  My underlying concern is the person who’s judgement backed Levein and wouldn’t hear a word said against him is the only person we are meant to believe.  I would prefer if there was more communication from the foh underlying what is happening considering we should be operated by our own board by now.  AB has spoken to us like naughty school children for a good couple of years and now we have to take her as gospel? I’ve no doubt she has the clubs best interests at heart (always has). But this believe Ann Budge only after everything doesn’t sit right. 

Five to One
6 minutes ago, biffy said:

Is there any idea of how many players haven’t accepted so far?

if there’s a mass exodus it says more about the players than Stendel. He’s not universally liked I’m told cos he’s a hard worker and demands more than they are prepared to give. 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

All fair points.  My underlying concern is the person who’s judgement backed Levein and wouldn’t hear a word said against him is the only person we are meant to believe.  I would prefer if there was more communication from the foh underlying what is happening considering we should be operated by our own board by now.  AB has spoken to us like naughty school children for a good couple of years and now we have to take her as gospel? I’ve no doubt she has the clubs best interests at heart (always has). But this believe Ann Budge only after everything doesn’t sit right. 

Check the club website 😉

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Check the club website 😉

👍chuck the ****ing Sun in the bin.  Sue the ***** in fact and have it out with Sky Sports reporting this.  Everyone is up to their eyes in stress galore and this shit is allowed to be reported. 

Edited by Last Laff

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

A wise man on Twitter, has already suggested libel proceedings.

It has to be the way ahead.  It’s not just a gripe by a couple of columnists now it’s the sun, blatantly using the situation we find ourselves in to make up stories to coin in.  It’s quite sick if you look at the overall picture.   Some people’s only release (me included) from this current situation is club football and this is the kind of shit that could push folk over the edge.

At a time when the rest of the whole of the country seem to be coming together (apart from  that ***** Corbin, another matter) the media should be doing a duty of trying to remain positive instead of making up absolute shite. 

Hungry hippo
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

A wise man on Twitter, has already suggested libel proceedings.

Not sure it has been libellous but I'm all for taking on The Sun etc.

Think they would argue in court that issues like the email are open to interpretation which is why I like the  current strategy of very factual rebuttals.

Edited by Hungry hippo

13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

👍chuck the ****ing Sun in the bin.  Sue the ***** in fact and have it out with Sky Sports reporting this.  Everyone is up to their eyes in stress galore and this shit is allowed to be reported. 

I agree!!

However they are only reporting on information that they are being given!

If they are being fed information from someone within the club that person should be fired!

Although I’m more inclined to think it’s a person external to the club eg a players adviser who has access to detailed information. And that person is either, looking after their own interests or perhaps is picking a fight with Hearts for other reasons eg perhaps that individual can’t (or doesn’t want to) pick a fight with either Rangers or Celtic because they have too much ‘personal equity invested’ there, so they are using Hearts as their battleground instead!

All pure personal speculation on my behalf!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The letter would not read well to me as a player all the same. 

50% as I understand is for a limited time only through which creditors are offering holidays on payment. 

Might be tempted rather terminated 

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I agree!!

However they are only reporting on information that they are being given!

If they are being fed information from someone within the club that person should be fired!

Although I’m more inclined to think it’s a person external to the club eg a players adviser who has access to detailed information. And that person is either, looking after their own interests or perhaps is picking a fight with Hearts for other reasons eg perhaps that individual can’t (or doesn’t want to) pick a fight with either Rangers or Celtic because they have too much ‘personal equity invested’ there, so they are using Hearts as their battleground instead!

All pure personal speculation on my behalf!

You can't fire somebody who is not employed by the club. You can't fire the player for asking advice from his agent at any time.

Can you refuse to ever work with that agent again? Probably.

Hearts should take the Sun and ****ing Custard Cream or whatever he calls himself to court once this is done.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You can't fire somebody who is not employed by the club. You can't fire the player for asking advice from his agent at any time.

Hearts should take the Sun and ****ing Custard Cream or whatever he calls himself to court once this is done.

I saw a journalist say in reply to the latest statement that Hearts have handled a tough situation poorly and it made we wonder how is it we are being accused of this when its clear that we have been honest from the start, set out our position and they only negativity has come from unsubstantiated stories that the club has shown to be wide of the mark. 

Its felt like we are a very easy target at the moment, pundits who want to make out that they are high and mighty are making baseless and wrong attacks against us.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I saw a journalist say in reply to the latest statement that Hearts have handled a tough situation poorly and it made we wonder how is it we are being accused of this when its clear that we have been honest from the start, set out our position and they only negativity has come from unsubstantiated stories that the club has shown to be wide of the mark. 

Its felt like we are a very easy target at the moment, pundits who want to make out that they are high and mighty are making baseless and wrong attacks against us.

Correct. The fact we are having to publish what should really be confidential communications between club and player is shameful on people like Alan Preston, Tam piss in shop doors McManus etc.

Yet other clubs give vague platitudes and yet nothing.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Correct. The fact we are having to publish what should really be confidential communications between club and player is shameful on people like Alan Preston, Tam piss in shop doors McManus etc.

Yet other clubs give vague platitudes and yet nothing.

I do get the feeling that clubs are now reluctant to announce anything definitive after seeing the kicking we are getting. Just release a statement that you will plan to do something but not say what, knowing the press are focusing on us and not looking into these other clubs.

18 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

If they (THE PRESS [should have made that totally clear]) are being fed information from someone within the club that person should be fired!

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

If they (THE PRESS [should have made that totally clear]) are being fed information from someone within the club that person should be fired!

Think I get what you are saying 😉 The person going to the press is Alan Preston. I'm 110%(shite phrase) with that. Further to that the person that told me that means I'm 99% sure the club knows the same.

Fozzyonthefence

Will be interesting to see if Sky make a full grovelling apology like they did with the Morelos interview.

15 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

And a wee apology to Preston who loves the club while we are at it.  The sun had every single exclusive of transfers under Levein.  It will no doubt be something linked to that rat *******. 

4 minutes ago, Jee said:

So are the wages cut 50% on April 1st come what may or not?

We (the club) seem to still be negotiating that and there’s no final demand that has to be in writing if not. 

East Lothian Jambo

Pretty shite the club have needed to issue yet another update. Some publications and individuals may need to be informed they are no longer welcome 

Rangers will now presumably be the focus of Scottish media.....

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

And a wee apology to Preston who loves the club while we are at it.  The sun had every single exclusive of transfers under Levein.  It will no doubt be something linked to that rat *******. 

Wrong again.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nope. Preston is the rat. 

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Wrong again.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nope. Preston is the rat. 

He’s leaking it to the sun, again , after knowing the original email if he did leak to the sun, implemented him That he’s been completely found out?  Surely he isn’t that ****in thick?  

Edited by Last Laff

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He's making a right tit of himself tonight jumping from pillar to post.

shut up Al. Did someone say Craig Levein? :lol: 

Edited by Last Laff

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He’s leaking it to the sun, again , after knowing the original email if he did leak to the sun, implemented him That he’s been completely found out?  Surely he isn’t that ****in thick?  

Are you suggesting he's a bit of a tool?

or

do you mean incriminated him?

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I wonder who told El Presidente?

Totally believe you too mate.  It was a joint operation with you both tbf, I just couldn’t quote your post until now 👍 :) 

This is my shite and fairly sick analogy.

The rest of Scottish football are at the wash your hands for twenty minutes and you will be fine stage of acceptance.

Hearts are at the stay the **** at home stage because they can see what's coming.

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Totally believe you too mate.  It was a joint operation with you both tbf, I just couldn’t quote your post until now 👍 :) 

Fair enough.👍