Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Rods said:

Charlie Nicholas started on us I see aswell. 

I get my kill about the leaked email as no doubt if no plans were made come September Nicholas/Boyd et al would be saying why were we not planning ahead.

The sun should be banned from Tynecastle unless they reveal their source this mole situation is getting out of hand.

Even worse we are being getting kicked from all directions( despite all other business following the same model) and our own fans are backing this nonsense up.

Hopefully this will spell the end for Murray.

Absolutely 

Interesting podcasts on 5 Live tonight.  Rugby first.

All teams bar Exerer Chiefs have agreed 25% pay cuts

Gloucester and Sale I think owners have laid it on the line as to how serious this will be if it goes on much longer.  Clubs very existence at threat.

Despite the massive increase in money to the Rugby Premiership cummulative losses at clubs run at £35m

Positive discussions held with broadcasters to release some funding.

Also looking at possibility of putting on closed doors* games as more and more subscriptions are cancelled and broadcasters in turn lose advertising revenue.

Players just cant start up again.  Too Dangerous.  Adding more games to calendar to catch up would see players looking for higher wages due to health risks

That said, considering the vast amounts of money and clubs still losing so much, the wage cuts may become the new norm.

Now to the boxing and Eddie Hearn was on.

Him and his dad always positive and looking for opportunities so

Lets go down 'closed door'* routes and get on TV.

No chance.  There must be doctors in attendance who have more pressing commitments.

Ergo and considering how stretched the NHS is at the best of times I cant see how there can be any professional sport behind closed doors or otherwise any time soon.

If you want your sport back don't just heed, go above and beyond what the govt is asking.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Has John Murray been at Hearts for 25 years?  

Yeah Jeffries brought him to the club in 1995 and he’s had quite a few different jobs in that time, including DoF from 2011-14.

SectionDJambo

Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund taking a 20% cut in wages to try to protect all the other jobs within those clubs.

2 very rich clubs having to take similar action, albeit not the same percentage, as Hearts.

Randy Marsh
38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah Jeffries brought him to the club in 1995 and he’s had quite a few different jobs in that time, including DoF from 2011-14.

Incredible he is still here after all this time.  The useless trollop must be as difficult to get rid off as Levein.

I can understand the rage felt by the rag which reported this leaked email story.  They want us relegated or preferably deid.  Instead of that we are in recruitment mode. 😂😂😂❤❤❤

They will never forgive us for not letting our club die at the same time one of their favourites was dispatched up a particular creek without a paddle while their supporters sat back and watched it happen.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Incredible he is still here after all this time.  The useless trollop must be as difficult to get rid off as Levein.

A limpet if there ever was one.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund taking a 20% cut in wages to try to protect all the other jobs within those clubs.

2 very rich clubs having to take similar action, albeit not the same percentage, as Hearts.

Bayern have players being payed in the hundreds of thousands per week. A 20% cut in just player salaries will amount to a substantial sum more than enough to pay everybody else. An example of that

Robert Lewandowski: weekly salary £275,000. A 20% cut of that will likely be enough to pay multiple ground staff for a whole year. And that's just one week of just one players salary.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Bayern have players being payed in the hundreds of thousands per week. A 20% cut in just player salaries will amount to a substantial sum more than enough to pay everybody else. An example of that

Robert Lewandowski: weekly salary £275,000. A 20% cut of that will likely be enough to pay multiple ground staff for a whole year. And that's just one week of just one players salary.

Bayern's gate receipts will also be much higher than ours though. No doubt they are being tided over by TV money.

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bayern's gate receipts will also be much higher than ours though. No doubt they are being tided over by TV money.

BERLIN (AFP) - Footballers at Germany's top teams including Bayern Munich have agreed to take pay cuts to help clubs survive the economic impact of the coronavirus, media reports said on Tuesday (March 24).

Newspaper Bild said players and club officials at champions Bayern, top of the Bundesliga when the season was halted on March 13, have accepted a 20 per cent cut in their salaries.

Like all top European leagues, the German top flight is losing income from broadcasting, sponsorships and ticket sales during the Covid-19 pandemic, with matches in Germany suspended until at least April 2.

Bayern have a massive wage bill which reached €336 million (S$525.7 million) last year, almost half of club turnover.

Players at Borussia Moenchengladbach were the first in the Bundesliga to propose a pay cut, followed by others at Werder Bremen, Schalke 04 and Borussia Dortmund. Bayer Leverkusen players are in talks over pay cut proposals with management.

Second-placed Dortmund said their squad members had already taken a salary reduction to show solidarity with the club's 850 employees.  Coach Lucien Favre and club directors have also made a personal offer to take a pay cut.

Seymour M Hersh

But to the weejie scum media it' bad Heart of Midlothian. Everyone else is being prudent and sensible but us? Nope we're the villains apparently. 

it’s all pretty academic.  This is not a shut down for a couple of months like some of the pundits are talking about.  I would be very surprised if there is any football played this year. Possibly for as long as 12 months, maybe longer.  Most Scottish clubs will not exist by then.

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I can understand the rage felt by the rag which reported this leaked email story.  They want us relegated or preferably deid.  Instead of that we are in recruitment mode. 😂😂😂❤❤❤

They will never forgive us for not letting our club die at the same time one of their favourites was dispatched up a particular creek without a paddle while their supporters sat back and watched it happen.

The bottom line!

hmfc_liam06

The transfer fee line is a little crass but on the whole, I've no issue whatsoever that the club are looking at recruitment. I'd be angrier if they weren't!

Why do the weegie rags hate us so much? I know it’s easy to get paranoid about not being liked but the continual hearts kicking is really there for all to see. Really weird and totally unjustified 

The wage cut is dealing with the immediate issue the club is facing. One day though we will be playing football  again though. We have players out of contract and will have a squad that will need strengthened. If they who is part of player recruitment isn’t thinking about the future I’d be bloody furious. They are separate issues and only someone with an agenda against the club or individuals within the club would use this to have a go. Just  like they did with the wage cuts despite world football heading down the same route. 

Edited by Dazo

36 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

it’s all pretty academic.  This is not a shut down for a couple of months like some of the pundits are talking about.  I would be very surprised if there is any football played this year. Possibly for as long as 12 months, maybe longer.  Most Scottish clubs will not exist by then.

Slightly too dramatist :laugh2: You are right though it will be a good few months before football is played in front of paying customers . 

What’s everyone’s thoughts if we just bought / renewed our Season Tickets now? I mean they usually go on sale about now and we were all going to renew.. let’s just do it?? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, jambotony said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts if we just bought / renewed our Season Tickets now? I mean they usually go on sale about now and we were all going to renew.. let’s just do it?? 

Wouldn't have a problem with that to help the club with cashflow

See this leaked email. Its just the guys job, no?

I don't like Murray, I think he should have gone long ago. But fact is we'll need players next season no matter what and need to line up the ducks.

Players will be leaving corona or not cos Daniel has identified the turkeys. When this a dies down and we're operating again, are we not to sign players? Are we not supposed to try and survive this thing and stay healthy financially? Is that the gist?!

The media in this country really hate our club don't they?

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I don't like Murray, I think he should have gone long ago. But fact is we'll need players next season no matter what and need to line up the ducks.

Players will be leaving corona or not cos Daniel has identified the turkeys. When this a dies down and we're operating again, are we not to sign players? Are we not supposed to try and survive this thing and stay healthy financially? Is that the gist?!

News yesterday about a player Celtic are after. Didn't see any criticism. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

I think they see us as a bit of a soap opera and we give them plenty to write about. We are a big club that has been making some odd decisions for some time now so it is bound to be a better stiory than, say, Aberdeen, who have keot the same manager and just plod on effectively(on the pitch)

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wouldn't have a problem with that to help the club with cashflow

I’d defo be up for that? Maybe needs it’s own thread? 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think they see us as a bit of a soap opera and we give them plenty to write about. We are a big club that has been making some odd decisions for some time now so it is bound to be a better stiory than, say, Aberdeen, who have keot the same manager and just plod on effectively(on the pitch)

But not everything is drama. Not everything is negative. Every story about us in the last fortnight could easily be given positive spin. Not one has. Not a single one I've seen.

Even the Dikamona, good guy doing right by a club he has obvious affection for is written "tears up contract" etc.

It's vindictive.

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

But not everything is drama. Not everything is negative. Every story about us in the last fortnight could easily be given positive spin. Not one has. Not a single one I've seen.

Even the Dikamona, good guy doing right by a club he has obvious affection for is written "tears up contract" etc.

It's vindictive.

Yep, i get that.

Perhaps we are the biggest target the media dares to take on and are safe because we generally do not seem to fight back. Personally, i would be banning a number of publications from Tynecastle, starting with the Evening "News".

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's vindictive.

The press have always had it in for us.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Yep, i get that.

Perhaps we are the biggest target the media dares to take on and are safe because we generally do not seem to fight back. Personally, i would be banning a number of publications from Tynecastle, starting with the Evening "News".

My old man says we banned the press As far back as in the 1930s for their negativity toward us.

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

My old man says we banned the press As far back as in the 1930s for their negativity toward us.

Banning press inthe 1930's?

How very zeitgeist of us!

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Banning press inthe 1930's?

How very zeitgeist of us!

Maybe gave someone an idea..

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Why do the weegie rags hate us so much? I know it’s easy to get paranoid about not being liked but the continual hearts kicking is really there for all to see. Really weird and totally unjustified 

Too scared to upset the first and second biggest clubs, so go for the third instead.

Once upon a time it would galvanise the Hearts support, now many of our supporters just get led around by the nose by these idiots.

No idea why a Hearts supporter would even read these rags nowadays tbh.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
45 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The bigger picture around that email is the way it exposes the reality of our recruitment department. We are in the dark ages when it comes to finding players. And head of recruitment who emails agents saying ‘got any players who might be suitable for us?’ needs emptied.

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Fair enough I want their rag, the Sun , dead and buried. No fan of Liverpool or Everton but they've essentially wiped it off the map in Merseyside.

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The bigger picture around that email is the way it exposes the reality of our recruitment department. We are in the dark ages when it comes to finding players. And head of recruitment who emails agents saying ‘got any players who might be suitable for us?’ needs emptied.

What is the modern way of doing it?

I would imagine this is not the only method we use to source players but one of several.

Edited by JamboAl

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

To be fair, we sometimes use You Tube as well, although this means we may now be signing Joe Wicks.

I also think we’ve needed to replace Murray for a while, but don’t see much wrong with emailing agents to let them know we will need to replenish our squad if/when football gets going again. Not quite sure what the problem is @Dusk_Till_Dawn? I imagine pretty much every club in the land does this as part of their recruitment methods? 🤷‍♂️

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I also think we’ve needed to replace Murray for a while, but don’t see much wrong with emailing agents to let them know we will need to replenish our squad if/when football gets going again. Not quite sure what the problem is @Dusk_Till_Dawn? I imagine pretty much every club in the land does this as part of their recruitment methods? 🤷‍♂️

No, most clubs use Wyscout and others tools to identify specific players who would suit them and then target those players accordingly.

SectionDJambo
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

These guys obviously have more wealth than, say, the Hearts players, but for the benefit of comparison, between 20% and 50% in hard cash terms, that's a huge donation by them to keep the small guys at their club in a job. With the size of the operations at Bayern and Dortmund, they will have hundreds of staff to try to keep paid.

Still more examples of this to come, I would think.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No, most clubs use Wyscout and others tools to identify specific players who would suit them and then target those players accordingly.

Hearts do use Wyscout and have been criticised on here for that.

What other tools should we use and how do you know we are not using them?

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We were using wyscout. It helped us identify such luminaries as Grzelak.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jambotony said:

It’s been mooted already, even a down payment of £2/300 if taken up by 10k is £2/3m.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s been mooted already, even a down payment of £2/300 if taken up by 10k is £2/3m.

I’d be happy with that 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jambotony said:

I’d be happy with that 

Might well happen soon, after the players take a wage cut. No point wasting that money on them.

Edited by Pasquale for King

IveSeenTheLight
15 minutes ago, swedishjambo said:

I don't see what the problem is, even if the e-mail was sent after the players were asked to take a percentage of pay.

Clubs will need to plan ahead, players will be out of contract and need to be replaced.

It appears that your player Clevid Dikamona has opted to leave (with an option to return), so why shouldn't Hearts (and indeed all clubs) be looking ahead for what options they could make to the playing squad.

Let's say hypothetically that Boyce also opts to leave, why shouldn't Hearts look at who else they could get in to replace him.

Maybe they opt for someone on lower wages to suit an altered budget

Being prepared does not mean that your cutting anyone out or being disrespectful, I'd expect all clubs to be looking at various options