Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

3 minutes ago, TWF said:

Michael Smith and Conor Washington and maybe Liam Boyce??????

Possibly. 

He actually talks more about younger players who have played a good amount of games but any N.Ireland player must be a possibility.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Possibly. 

He actually talks more about younger players who have played a good amount of games but any N.Ireland player must be a possibility.

Maybe we could offer O'Neill such as Zlamal, Damour, Doyle, Uche?

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Will Stoke have much money right now? 🤷‍♂️

A quarter of jelly babies and a sherbert dip should suffice for some of our aces

Michael Smith would be my bet. He seems set on leaving in the summer, well that’s the vibe he gives off. He’s built a house down south as well, could be coincidence but wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave. Gutter if it happens as I like him. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Michael Smith would be my bet. He seems set on leaving in the summer, well that’s the vibe he gives off. He’s built a house down south as well, could be coincidence but wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave. Gutter if it happens as I like him. 

Him and Hickey are the only two I’d want to stay and something tells me Smith has had enough here, sadly 

1 hour ago, jackal said:

Deferrals are fine if you are paying a lower basic wage and clubs know they can afford to pay back with minimum fuss.

We have the problem of having a higher basic apparently so deferrals arent really an option. Im sure even after the wage cuts our players will be getting more than most other players in the league.

That means of course that players will be missing out on bonuses which  at best is a wage cut as it's unlikely all games suspended will ever be played.

In Rangers' case they are probably banking on getting maybe £20m for Morales and buying Shankland for 20p

18 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

A quarter of jelly babies and a sherbert dip should suffice for some of our aces

I think Championship clubs could be in a bit of financial bother soon.

Saint Jambo
53 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Its old stock photos, not from the alleged incident.

Apparently this was not an organised session by the club.

But clearly breaches the government guidance on not meeting other people from outside your household to exercise. Will be interesting to see if they get the tarred and feathered treatment that others in Scottish football have had during this crisis.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

But clearly breaches the government guidance on not meeting other people from outside your household to exercise. Will be interesting to see if they get the tarred and feathered treatment that others in Scottish football have had during this crisis.

But it’s “work”, perhaps?

Nookie Bear
49 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Will Stoke have much money right now? 🤷‍♂️

Wealthy owners who have committed to paying full wages for the duration and handed over £10m to the NHS. 

They are doing ok!

Saint Jambo
23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But it’s “work”, perhaps?

No, still in breach of the Government guidance.

Extracts of the Scottish Government advice to business:

"Social distancing measures are for everyone, including business. We should all be trying to reduce social interaction between people in order to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).

That is why we have introduced three new measures, described in more detail in guidance published on 27 March 2020

Stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public.

Every person in Scotland must comply with these new measures, which came into effect on 26 March 2020. The relevant authorities, including the police, have been given the powers to enforce them – including through fines and dispersing gatherings.

Parks will remain open but only for individuals and households to exercise once a day. "

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-business-and-social-distancing-guidance/

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Maybe if he goes we could get Sibbick ona  permanent deal.

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Have you confirmed they are from different households.

I know for example that McKenna and Devlin share a flat.

One of the players was Funso Ojo, a player who signed in the summer.

Its not inconceivable that he shares a property with another player and they jointly did their exercise at the park.

IveSeenTheLight
16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Its not inconceivable that he shares a property with another player and they jointly did their exercise at the park.

Now found a video of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52197806

Looks like it was at Hazelhead park and maybe 5 players involved.

Curtis Main

Ronal Hernandez

Niall McGinn

Dylan McGeouch

Funso Ojo

It's maybe a stretch to think they are all sharing the same household (although maybe the club does have a staff house), albeit with the exception of Niall McGinn, they are all players who joined the club this season, so who knows.

It doesn't read that they were fined or told to go home, but that they were advised to spread out further in the park (all players were well more than 2m away from each other).

EFA Chairman warning that clubs and leagues in danger of going under and that everyone including players, clubs, owners and fans need to step up and share the pain. Isn't that what AB was saying weeks ago?

Saint Jambo
50 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

28 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Now found a video of it.

Curtis Main

Ronal Hernandez

Niall McGinn

Dylan McGeouch

Funso Ojo

It's maybe a stretch to think they are all sharing the same household (although maybe the club does have a staff house), albeit with the exception of Niall McGinn, they are all players who joined the club this season, so who knows.

It doesn't read that they were fined or told to go home, but that they were advised to spread out further in the park (all players were well more than 2m away from each other).

I'm always amazed by the mental gymnastics fans are willing to go through to defend their clubs (this applies to Hearts fans as well as Aberdeen and all other fans).

There is absolutely no doubt that they were not in line with Government guidance. If you don't believe me, I'd suggest reading the guidance in full, something I've had to do numerous times over the last couple of weeks for my work. Or you could just go on defending the indefensible.

St Mirren now put staff on furlough

Remember them telling us all how good a position they were in less than a month ago

Nookie Bear
56 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Now found a video of it.

Curtis Main

Ronal Hernandez

Niall McGinn

Dylan McGeouch

Funso Ojo

Surprised you haven’t blamed Iain Durrant. 

6 hours ago, busby1985 said:

No need to get that low. Have you tried Alcoholics Anonymous?

CF11JamTart
4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Now found a video of it.

Curtis Main

Ronal Hernandez

Niall McGinn

Dylan McGeouch

Funso Ojo

Ball games are not exercise. They are leisure/ recreation. 

Exercise is walking / running / cycling. At least,  according to the police down here.

Or were they working? 

CF11JamTart
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

St Mirren now put staff on furlough

Remember them telling us all how good a position they were in less than a month ago

All the bullishness is dissipating as clubs realise the enormity of it all.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Surprised you haven’t blamed Iain Durrant. 

Tbf he can't stay 2 metres from you. 

Gammy leg, apparently. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf he can't stay 2 metres from you. 

Gammy leg, apparently. 

Doctor's fault, by all accounts.

******* NHS, probably.

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, CF11JamTart said:

Ball games are not exercise. They are leisure/ recreation. 

Exercise is walking / running / cycling. At least,  according to the police down here.

Or were they working? 

Well, they've not been furloughed, but you would not class football as an essential work activity, hence they've been sent home with a fitness plan to be maintained.

The club has opted not to furlough any staff and instead support the community.

As well as giving out food parcels to those in need, they have been calling the elderly amongst them

Brilliant effort.

Exercise takes many forms.

The police didn't stop what they were doing, simply gave advise about keeping it spread out.

In fact, the picture appears to show the police closer to one of the players than any of the others.

I take the dog for a walk daily and usually go with my son, who takes a ball with him.

When we get to the park, we do various passing drills, which I can assure you gets me out of puff, far more than just walking round the park.

Theres not an issue kicking a ball as long as you maintain social distancing.

But I agree and accept, if they are not all living in the same accommodation i.e. a club house, then meeting to do exercise in the park is against the rules, especially if you have to drive to the park.

Daily exercise has to be within the individual fitness limits, accessibly by foot / cycle from the home.

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

IveSeenTheLight
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Doctor's fault, by all accounts.

******* NHS, probably.

LOL, desperate indeed, but not unexpected given your previous posts relating to the Huns 😆

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

LOL, desperate indeed, but not unexpected given your previous posts relating to the Huns 😆

Do expand...

16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Well, they've not been furloughed, but you would not class football as an essential work activity, hence they've been sent home with a fitness plan to be maintained.

As well as giving out food parcels to those in need, they have been calling the elderly amongst them

Brilliant effort.

The police didn't stop what they were doing, simply gave advise about keeping it spread out.

In fact, the picture appears to show the police closer to one of the players than any of the others.

I take the dog for a walk daily and usually go with my son, who takes a ball with him.

When we get to the park, we do various passing drills, which I can assure you gets me out of puff, far more than just walking round the park.

But I agree and accept, if they are not all living in the same accommodation i.e. a club house, then meeting to do exercise in the park is against the rules, especially if you have to drive to the park.

Daily exercise has to be within the individual fitness limits, accessibly by foot / cycle from the home.

If it was okay why did Ojo delete the Instagram pictures? 

Not the worst thing but Aberdeen clearly weren't happy.. 

8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Wealthy owners who have committed to paying full wages for the duration and handed over £10m to the NHS. 

They are doing ok!

Cool. I don’t follow what’s happening down there very closely. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Cool. I don’t follow what’s happening down there very closely. 

It popped up in relation to something else, James McLean donating a huge sum of money to a local hospice.

17 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No... you victim blamed Durrant for having a drink during his recovery from what was one of the worst tackles ever seen in Scotland. Oh and the Rangers medical team.

27 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Brilliant effort.

All of that and you could have just said that you agreed that they were out of order.

Geoff Kilpatrick
46 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Brilliant effort.

Word salad.

McInnes gave the game away on Sportsound on Saturday explaining what Aberdeen were doing which contradicted the social distancing guidelines.

They should have been given a formal warning.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The article does say younger players who have played lots of games, which covers a few players really. Smiths house is in Bath so not that close to Stoke.

CF11JamTart
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Exercise does not take many forms.  It's walking, running or cycling. 

Ball games are not classed as legitimate exercise by the police... at least not down here. Social distancing irrelevant.

I am being obtuse here, but wife,  me and wee daughter got shut down by the police in Sunday evening for rolling a football about in the park, about 100 yards away from anyone else.

It's to stop the groups of wee neds saying  "if that wee family are allowed to play, then WE are allowed to play".

I've got no problem accepting that rule. 

Aberdeen players seem "ill advised" at best. 

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Do expand...

Still waiting. You need to start showing a bit of respect on here, before you start throwing shite about. 

Ok?

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Still waiting. You need to start showing a bit of respect on here, before you start throwing shite about. 

Ok?

I think he's just working from the fact that you have BEAR in your username.

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No... you victim blamed Durrant for having a drink during his recovery from what was one of the worst tackles ever seen in Scotland. Oh and the Rangers medical team.

:facepalm:

Comprehension Special Agebt Doofy.

I didn’t blame them for the root cause of the injury, but said they exacerbated the issue and prolonged the recovery 

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

All of that and you could have just said that you agreed that they were out of order.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ok?

I don’t need to bring up old discussions from long ago.

14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen players not furloughed as we know

Who airbrushed out the 19 sheep?

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Well how about you bring up a more recent discussion?

9 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

:facepalm:

Comprehension Special Agebt Doofy.

I didn’t blame them for the root cause of the injury, but said they exacerbated the issue and prolonged the recovery 

Weird becomes weirder.

What in God's name possesses you come on to another teams discussion board and get into an argument with people about an injury to a third team's player.

You have got some cheek to use this :facepalm:as well considering your long winded  failed attempt to justify your team's players breaking of the social isolation rules.

To use the modern idiom I think it is about time you were socially isolated from this board.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, corryjambo said:

Weird becomes weirder.

What in God's name possesses you come on to another teams discussion board and get into an argument with people about an injury to a third team's player.

You have got some cheek to use this :facepalm:as well considering your long winded  failed attempt to justify your team's players breaking of the social isolation rules.

To use the modern idiom I think it is about time you were socially isolated from this board.

Apparently the mutton molester fan sites are all garbage whereas JKB is the dogs bollox! 

11 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

So, nothing to do with BEAR in his name?

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

So, nothing to do with BEAR in his name?

No, nothing to do with his username.

David McCaig
58 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Has our lot of greedy losers negotiated their full pay yet ? Very quiet on that front.

I'd pay them nothing and furlough the whole lot of them*... although to be fair, I'm a wee bit angry at the moment!!

*playing staff that is