Hifi recommendations.

Irufushi

Looking to get myself a really nice hifi , I know nothing about them so open to suggestions as I’m sure there will be a few who know their stuff on here. 

25 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

For about £3-5K you can get serious, serious good music stuff.

Below that, you can get a lot of different stuff. 

So budget comes first.

Second, what sources? CDs/Vinyl/Cassettes/Phone/Computer/MiniDiscs/Radio/VHS/Television/DVD etc

Thirdly, streaming. Do you want a good stereo in one room? or do you want to be able to stream the music into other rooms from your stereo.

jeezo zlatan!! Many questions 😂.

Budget , I suppose my max would be 2k . I’d like to listen in different rooms , yes. 

most likely be , iPod/phone or computer. 

jack D and coke

But some Bose/Denon/Sonos speakers and stream. Or are yous still using cassettes up the loon toon? 

Edited by jack D and coke

I’ve still got a separates based system but invested £30 last year in a little Bluetooth receiver so I can stream to the amp from any of my devices. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

But some Bose/Denon/Sonos speakers and stream. Or are yous still using cassettes up the loon toon? 

Go and **** off eh 😂

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A hi-fi ffs is this the 90’s??! :lol: 

Wish it was I’d still be on rusks 

jack D and coke
Just now, Irufushi said:

Wish it was I’d still be on rusks 

I wis raving and you were still in yir nappies loon. I can dig my old hifi oot I had back then for you? Probably still be state of the art up your way👍🏼

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I wis raving and you were still in yir nappies loon. I can dig my old hifi oot I had back then for you? Probably still be state of the art up your way👍🏼

😂 what a ***** 

Look at some nice Dali speakers and a good quality amp.

I have a set of Dali's and the sound they produce is magical. Never heard as good quality mid range on any other speaker. Very detailed sound with crystal clarity and powerful bass if need be.

Edit. Remember speakers take about 100 hours to break in till they sound their best.

Edited by dsk1210

28 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

Look at some nice Dali speakers and a good quality amp.

I have a set of Dali's and the sound they produce is magical. Never heard as good quality mid range on any other speaker. Very detailed sound with crystal clarity and powerful bass if need be.

Edit. Remember speakers take about 100 hours to break in till they sound their best.

Thank you , I’ll have a look . 

annushorribilis III
5 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Thank you , I’ll have a look . 

I bought some stuff from Richer Sounds in Edinburgh and I've used their local store down here. In my experience they are a good set of guys who know their stuff  and want to get you something you'll like not simply make a sale (I'm sure there are other equally good traders out there).  

By brother in law has Sonos all over the place and IMO, they are great sounding stuff for the money. Maybe you want more than that. 

I have a Yamaha CD player linked up to a set of Monitor Audio speakers and it's good enough for me. The mistake I made was not getting an amp - which became an issue in playing my TV through the CD player AUX port - the output is pitifully low from the TV and an amp would have made things easier. 

Keep us posted on how you get on . Since I'm gonna be on lockdown for the next 2-3 moths (who knows) i was thinking about upgrading. 

EDIT : the CD player has USB connection for iPod /other music player. For iPod its great BUT for other devices it's not so good. Also the buffer on the CD player isn't big enough to play all the tracks on my Phillips MP3 8Gb player  which is bloody annoying. 

Edited by annushorribilis III

Old now but sounds awesome when I get the chance to open it up. Probably cheaper Hifi nowadays. Best try and audition if your going to spend 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Get the best speakers you possibly can. Floorstanders ideally. Something like these would be perfect - https://petertyson.co.uk/q-acoustics-3050-speakers

Should be able to get a reasonable amp for £200-300. And as Tazio says, just get some form of transmitter to stream music from your phone (I use a Chromecast Audio for Spotify stuff). CD players are cheap, not much point spending over the odds on one. Then spend the remainder on a decent turntable!