Emergency Cash Pay Outs..

Robbo-Jambo

Robbo-Jambo

It seems that the media are saying that the only way insurance claims will pay out are if the season is abandoned now with the current points being the finishing total resulting in Celtic being champions and us being relegated amongst other scenarios obviously. 

Calling the season null and void as if it never happened wouldn't release these emergency pay outs and with the massive doubt about this seasons fixtures being fulfilled it is saying that the SPFL will most likely call for the abandonement of the season so clubs would get cash to help them survive. 

Have to be honest I think this is the line they will take which is a bloody disaster for us being relegated. 

bigsuperslim1874

But what if they choose to restructure the league after it finishes and all for new are paid out. This could see us ‘back in the top flight’ anyway?

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

disaster for us being relegated

A potentially huge disaster as there is no guarantee when the next season will begin, meaning a prolonged period of costly inactivity, followed by starting that season whenever it is able to go ahead on massively reduced income due to an undeserved relegation. 

We are talking about jeopardising our club’s very existence like a sacrificial lamb. **** that, I say. If they try that, then we should fight it to the death and if it impacts on the next season being able to start then so be it. We should not be sacrificed to help others. League restructuring would have to be insisted upon, if that is the route they decide to go down.

Hearts cannot be allowed to carry the can for everyone else here.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

A potentially huge disaster as there is no guarantee when the next season will begin, meaning a prolonged period of costly inactivity, followed by starting that season whenever it is able to go ahead on massively reduced income due to an undeserved relegation. 

We are talking about jeopardising our club’s very existence like a sacrificial lamb. **** that, I say. If they try that, then we should fight it to the death and if it impacts on the next season being able to start then so be it. We should not be sacrificed to help others. League restructuring would have to be insisted upon, if that is the route they decide to go down.

Hearts cannot be allowed to carry the can for everyone else here.

Yip, totally agree. 

It was the Daily Records article so don't know how authentic it is but they are claiming this is the most likely scenario 😒

Kidd’s Boots

The Government has to declare force majeure for this happen regarding insurance to pay. The football authorities can declare Ann Budge as Queen of Sheba and it would make no difference except to Ann who might feel robbed of the crown!! Some in Glasgow’s East End will feel the same way if the Government calls us all in for our tea.... 

I would have thought that if it's null and void it never happened and with the exception of the LC, we start next season exactly the same way we started last season.

In that scenario  the losers are the probable winners like Cove, Dundee Utd.  You can't promote or relegate any club from a season which effectively never existed.

That's how I read it anyway.

The Glasgow media have no clue so are thinking up ways of it being interesting the Celtic and rangers. One paper was suggesting there will be more than 4 old firm games in a season . Made up nonsence

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It seems that the media are saying that the only way insurance claims will pay out are if the season is abandoned now with the current points being the finishing total resulting in Celtic being champions and us being relegated amongst other scenarios obviously. 

Calling the season null and void as if it never happened wouldn't release these emergency pay outs and with the massive doubt about this seasons fixtures being fulfilled it is saying that the SPFL will most likely call for the abandonement of the season so clubs would get cash to help them survive. 

Have to be honest I think this is the line they will take which is a bloody disaster for us being relegated. 

Can't see 'null and void"' being a reason for not paying emergency payment. Games still not paid.

Same for insurance payouts.

49 minutes ago, RENE said:

Can't see 'null and void"' being a reason for not paying emergency payment. Games still not played.

Same for insurance payouts.

Sorry bloody prescriptive text.  Should be 'games not PLAYED...'

The Treasurer

No-one, least of all the media, knows what insurance policies each club have.

It may well be that none have a clause that covers this situation, regardless of the outcome, as it's something none of us could have foreseen

Well it would allow us to get rid of all our gutless players using the relegation clause...

OP does sound like the Celtic PR department's solution though.

Edited by Spellczech

Ex member of the SaS
19 hours ago, jambopilms said:

The Glasgow media have no clue so are thinking up ways of it being interesting the Celtic and rangers. One paper was suggesting there will be more than 4 old firm games in a season . Made up nonsence

They are talking about the rule where by only 4 games can be shown live from Hunbrox or CP. They can change that rule and it doesn't really effect anything else.

The Treasurer

The SRU are making funds available (£500k) to help clubs

The SFA claim to have f-all funds available, due to their mismanagement.

If that's the case why don't they go cap in hand to those weegy half-wits that were quick enough to bail them out when they wanted to "save" Hampden for the "good of the game"

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As the days go on, these threads increasingly have a misplaced sense of importance in the grand scheme.

We are experiencing a humanitarian catastrophe, Hearts playing in the Championship once more, seems with every day that passes a lit less important.

I really don't know where insurance companies could possibly find the money to pay out on the vast majority of things that are happening, unprecedented steps of banks allowing mass deferral of mortgage and credit obligations.

We are about to experience 3 to 4 months of chaos. As much as I love this club, it takes its place in the order of the world, nothing is as precious as life, it needs to be protected. Emergency cash pay outs for football teams I guess comes miles down the agenda, there is not enough money in the world to compensate for the losses about to occur

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

As the days go on, these threads increasingly have a misplaced sense of importance in the grand scheme.

We are experiencing a humanitarian catastrophe, Hearts playing in the Championship once more, seems with every day that passes a lit less important.

I really don't know where insurance companies could possibly find the money to pay out on the vast majority of things that are happening, unprecedented steps of banks allowing mass deferral of mortgage and credit obligations.

We are about to experience 3 to 4 months of chaos. As much as I love this club, it takes its place in the order of the world, nothing is as precious as life, it needs to be protected. Emergency cash pay outs for football teams I guess comes miles down the agenda, there is not enough money in the world to compensate for the losses about to occur

Excellent post S G. 👍

East Lothian Jambo
33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Very much. If we end up being relegated then so be it. We've been shite for well over a year anyway

There is far more to life than football. 

grumpyespana

Its just not Scotland, all over Europe clubs will be in the same position as us but the main thing is beaten this virus Christ here in Spain we are not allowed to go out in the car together shopping or go walking unless you have a dog even then you are only to go a short distance things that will eventually come into force in the UK telling times guys.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Its just not Scotland, all over Europe clubs will be in the same position as us but the main thing is beaten this virus Christ here in Spain we are not allowed to go out in the car together shopping or go walking unless you have a dog even then you are only to go a short distance things that will eventually come into force in the UK telling times guys.

Gradually been sent into self exile now. No activities to do and work sending us home, there wont be much requirement for a lockdown. On the bright side grumpy, you are a couple of weeks ahead of us, and have a far sunnier backyard!

grumpyespana
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Gradually been sent into self exile now. No activities to do and work sending us home, there wont be much requirement for a lockdown. On the bright side grumpy, you are a couple of weeks ahead of us, and have a far sunnier backyard!

Never thought about that lol but when it happens in Scotland it will be weird for a few days but you get used to it Sir Gio take care.

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The SRU are making funds available (£500k) to help clubs

The SFA claim to have f-all funds available, due to their mismanagement.

If that's the case why don't they go cap in hand to those weegy half-wits that were quick enough to bail them out when they wanted to "save" Hampden for the "good of the game"

Also the SRU are bringing forward the end of season payments by a months to helps clubs....

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

No, I think it’s more a case of people understanding that football is far less important than the humanitarian element, but they choose to discuss and act on those issues away from JKB. JKB is where we come to discuss Hearts, and while the football authorities are attempting to make plans that affect, Hearts, then this is the place where we can discuss it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No, I think it’s more a case of people understanding that football is far less important than the humanitarian element, but they choose to discuss and act on those issues away from JKB. JKB is where we come to discuss Hearts, and while the football authorities are attempting to make plans that affect, Hearts, then this is the place where we can discuss it.

Personally as the days go by, I find myself thinking, more and more what will it matter, when on Saturday I would say I was indignant. Doesn't mean I don't think we don't fight this, maybe let them tell us what it is first while we seek counsel in our own privacy, just for a wee while.

45 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Personally as the days go by, I find myself thinking, more and more what will it matter, when on Saturday I would say I was indignant. Doesn't mean I don't think we don't fight this, maybe let them tell us what it is first while we seek counsel in our own privacy, just for a wee while.

That’s fair. I see it more as something to focus on away from the more worrying real life issues that are going on.