Celtic v Hamilton match fixing

j1964m

Police are investigating a game between Celtic and Hamilton from last season after a SPFL player was arrested earlier this week for a suspected case of matcch fixing.

The entire Scottish football community was shocked earlier when Hamilton Academical’s Dougie Imrie was arrested after an irregular betting pattern was reported. The match in question was one between Celtic and Hamilton when the Hoops walked out with a 3-0 victory.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

2 if not 3 of those goals were chucked.

Look at the position No. 6 takes up when the keeper comes rushing out. 

Omg their keeper.... bit of Celtic -2 I'd imagine aswell.

Criminal goaltending. Makes Joel look assured!

Edited by Phage

Forever Hearts

Imrie got booked in the 82nd minute when they were 2-0 down. That's what will have alerted the bookies/police if there was a few big wagers on him receiving a yellow card. 

Back to 2005

Wonder how many times Imrie has pulled this stunt.  Would imagine Rice was getting a tip off about this as well. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Automatic relegation to league 2 fully deserved, for both clubs involved in this fixed game. 

Hearts should have private investigators onto this. 

Unless Hamilton management or owners knew about this then I don’t think there will be any repercussions for the Club. 

However, if there is evidence to prove that this allegation is correct then Imrie could be looking at a custodial sentence. And the definitive end of his career in football. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Imrie got booked in the 82nd minute when they were 2-0 down. That's what will have alerted the bookies/police if there was a few big wagers on him receiving a yellow card. 

It would look more iffy if the big money had been lumped on that dirty wee shite Imrie NOT getting booked

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

The game was played LAST season. 

This is what I'm struggling with. Surely the placing of bets in the first place - if it's an unusual betting pattern (say,unusually large for this type of game) - would alert the betting authorities at the time ?  Or is it a case of not  lot of money wagered but it was wagered (even in part) by a player  ? Even then , how does it take so long to find out the identities of the betters ?  Seems weird to me. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Imrie has been moaning about it. Says its ruined his coaching career.

Shame.

hopefully it ruins his liberty 

Apparently a close family member of a certain football manager that has just revealed a gambling addiction is involved in this and yet Imrie is claiming absolutely no knowledge of any wrongdoing... 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, OTT said:

points deduction pls

Also that goalkeeper should probably get looked into too. 

Hope not. 

The might check JP out as as well. 

🙄🙄🙄

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Imrie has been moaning about it. Says its ruined his coaching career.

Shame.

Thank ****. 

He should not be coaching anyone at football, ever. 

58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Thank ****. 

He should not be coaching anyone at football, ever. 

Job in Romania apparently 

6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It was LAST season. 

So that's it sorted. Hamilton relegated making this season void. 

Take away their results we're safe. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

This incident was. What's to say they aren't repeat offenders this year?

Doubtful, considering the player in question has retired. 

25 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Doubtful, considering the player in question has retired. 

Coach in the same side. I'm sure he could influence one or two

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Man, after watching those highlights and how those goals look well sussed....I wonder which of our players like a flutter given the amount of calamity goals weve gave away this season??

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Coach in the same side. I'm sure he could influence one or two

Conjecture. And Imrie is pleading innocence. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, hmfcbilly said:

Man, after watching those highlights and how those goals look well sussed....I wonder which of our players like a flutter given the amount of calamity goals weve gave away this season??

It was Imrie's booking that raised suspicions, not the scoreline. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Conjecture. And Imrie is pleading innocence. 

It's merely a possibility. Criminals tend to get greedy

PhoenixHearts
42 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It was LAST season. 

Juventus were femotdemoted in 2006 for match fixing during prior seasons. 

The timing shouldn't really have any bearing on it, just the fact that it happened at all. 

Timeframe shouldn't afford you impunity. If it happened, it happened, and a punishment is due whether it was yesterday, on year ago or ten.

Rangers’ cheating was described as “second only to match fixing” when the side contracts were discovered. If Imrie is found guilty, we have the bench mark for something not quite as serious, so we take it from there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You sure?

Was the inference made last week but only what I read and **** knows there's a lot of shit out there 

There is money to be made in betting on the variables of games people can actually influence. Corners, bookings, throw ins etc etc. Would be very easy to dictate as well. Football is a vast spider web were people you wouldn’t put together end up knowing each other. Watch an episode of Si Ferry open goal, you’ll see how they all pretty much know each other. Would be so easy to say to a mate “get booked and I’ll get booked, stick £20 on it each”. The odds would be decent on that, get a third or a fourth person involved and you are talking silly money. Imrie picks up a booking in a match, plays 6 passes straight out the park for a throw in, knocks balls behind for a corner. Am willing to bet, no pun intended, this will be going on all over the country. 

6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

It was Imrie's booking that raised suspicions, not the scoreline. 

Maybe so, but after watching the goals hamilton conceded they could easily be looking at other possibilities with regards to irregular betting from that game dont you think? My point was really saying I guess none of us really know how much corruption goes on in the game. Easiest way to stamp down on it is do away with bets on individuals on things like bookings. Maybe that's too simple a solution though for the betting companies? 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Maybe so, but after watching the goals hamilton conceded they could easily be looking at other possibilities with regards to irregular betting from that game dont you think? My point was really saying I guess none of us really know how much corruption goes on in the game. Easiest way to stamp down on it is do away with bets on individuals on things like bookings. Maybe that's too simple a solution though for the betting companies? 

True. It's actually unbelievable that Le Tissier admitted cheating in his book to win money by kicking the ball out for a throw in and he pretty much escaped scot free of criticism. 

9 hours ago, indianajones said:

Just bin that tin pot cockroach of a club. 

Yeah! And Hamilton too. 😉

10 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Rangers’ cheating was described as “second only to match fixing” when the side contracts were discovered. If Imrie is found guilty, we have the bench mark for something not quite as serious, so we take it from there.

What punishment did they get?

15 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

What punishment did they get?

I think it was just a registration ban and a 10 point deduction?