Hibs FACTS? / Hibs Fibs?

queensferryjambo

queensferryjambo

I was in FOPP with my daughter today and whilst bored a book at the counter caught my eye. It was 'Hibs on this day; History, FACTS and figures apparently.

I presumed that there would be no mention of the 19th of May 2012. I presumed they would just pick some random match played in another year on the 19th of May that they won.

I presumed wrong and was loving their FACTS in this little piece about the 19th of May 2012. How many excuses and how much bullshit can you fit into one paragraph :) 

Glad they got in the FACT that referee Craig Thomson was a Hearts fan though. Obviously being from Paisley the hot bed of Hearts fans who can argue with that fact.

Even the line about Hearts not scoring 7 makes me think the authors were crying when they wrote this. Still they are over it right? 

Pure Hibs Fibs gold - 

89911144_231076944611938_836129014398163

89468375_647484469409666_740907026209361

queensferryjambo
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

what do they have about 2nd april 2006

I never checked and certainly never splashed out £3 for this literary masterpiece :) 

Class of 75

Hope you washed your hands after touching that. Can't even get rid of it at £3.00. Bitter and twisted lot. Funny thing is they don't have a history, only won the Scottish Cup once. 

Edited by Class of 75

Class of 75

Also who cares about scoring 7? They were thumped in a national cup final live on TV by their nearest rivals. This game mattered alot more than a league game nigh on 50 years ago. They are hurting big time and deservedly so. 

Montgomery Brewster
5 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Hope you washed your hands after touching that. Can't even get rid of it at £3.00. Bitter and twisted lot. Funny thing is they don't have a history, only won the Scottish Cup once. 

No it’s twice. Not the 3 times that they claim ala sevco 

Class of 75
3 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

No it’s twice. Not the 3 times that they claim ala sevco 

Twice? Sorry just checked Wikipedia. Yes they have indeed. I was getting carried away with the 100 year gap between their second and third wins. 

Edited by Class of 75

Montgomery Brewster
4 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Twice? 

Mismanagement over the next few years led to the demise of Hibernians. The club inexplicably failed to attend a meeting which led to the formation of the Scottish Football League in 1890. This meant that Hibs did not participate in the league, while Edinburgh rivals Heartsand St Bernard's were founder members of the league.[21] Not participating in the league meant that Hibs found friendly matchopponents harder to come by, while the lease on Hibernian Park expired.[22] Hibs became homeless and the club effectively ceased operations during 1891, which meant that the remaining star players (including captainJames McGhee) moved to Celtic.[22

‘They’ claim they have won it as below . When any non vermin can read the above and see that they did not exist  and reformed with a new name. Ala sevco

Hibs have won the Scottish Cup three times, in 1887, in 1902 and 2016. 

lies !

Montgomery Brewster

The club was reconstituted in 1892, and the club acquired a lease on a site that was to become known as Easter Road.[23] A significant change at the time of the reformation of Hibs was that players no longer had to be members of the Catholic Young Men's Society. On 4 February 1893, the club played its first match at Easter Road.[23]

The club belatedly entered the Scottish Football League during the 1893–94 season

It’s embarrassing. Any myth to make themselves look like they’ve been hard done by or cheated.  A nugget to make people think they’ve been conspired against. 

Pathetic but they have absolutely no shame in embarrassing themselves. As long as it fits into the Hibs bubble and future generations of muppets believe it.  

Kujabi was sent "of" apparently. Excellent proofreading – I doubt it was the only error in there, typographic or otherwise.

"Hearts fan Craig Thompson ruined the match". 

:ears: 

Erm, the only thing that was ruined that day was Hibs! 

37 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Also who cares about scoring 7? They were thumped in a national cup final live on TV by their nearest rivals. This game mattered alot more than a league game nigh on 50 years ago. They are hurting big time and deservedly so. 

They were all there in ‘73 too. Previously worked with a guy who’d be about 30 now who claimed he was there. :lol: 

I grew up in the city from the early 1970s and never once heard any mention of "a Hibs way" until the 2000s. Complete and utter fantasists on so many levels. 

8 hours ago, Mr Benn said:

I grew up in the city from the early 1970s and never once heard any mention of "a Hibs way" until the 2000s. Complete and utter fantasists on so many levels. 

I know. Its hilarious! Mowbray had them play some nice stuff. And overachieve by coming 4th one time. And there the Hibs way was born!

WT actual F???!??!!!

Decent attacking team in the 70s who won feck all too.

Every team has had decent exciting teams at points in their history. We certainly have. Only nauseating delusional bores go on about their "way" though. Arsenal. West Ham. Hibs. Seriously, shut up.

Edited by TheBigO

132goals1958

Do they mention the significance their big cousins had on them winning the cup and their refusal to share it six months apiece 

highlandjambo3

“Never managed to score 7 though”....aye right you are...no mention of this being the biggest derby ever in the history of both clubs.

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

“Never managed to score 7 though”....aye right you are...no mention of this being the biggest derby ever in the history of both clubs.

didn't we back in the early days win a derby something like 10-1? if so that poo poos all over a 7-0 victory that only won them 2 measly points

132goals1958
22 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Aye give me a 9 1 aggregate in the last two games against them at Hampden any day of the week resulting in two Scottish Cups..

Give Lugton's "Making of Hibernian" trilogy a bash. Every paragraph, page and chapter is like that. Hibs are the angelic, righteous, saintly...Hearts are petty, evil and totally nasty. Easter Road is the "Holy Ground", Tynecastle is "The Hole", Hibs' derby wins are gone into in great detail, Hearts' are either a one sentence footnote or often skipped over altogether...

It's like a boo-hiss panto script.

Borrow them from the library, as I did, and brace yourself for the funniest, most ludicrously romanticised history ever written about a football club. Alternatively, borrow them from a Hibby and purchase a clothes pegs whilst doing so.

The horseshite is overpowering.

Quick sample of 1935 when Hearts thrashed Hibs 5-2 on New Year's day then, in September, 8-3:

The former:

...and on Boxing day (1934) Hibs played Patrick Thistle. In March...

The latter:

In the September derby there were 11 goals.

I'm paraphrasing, although not as much as you would hope, but that's the kind of thing to expect. The next derby on New Year's day 1936 was an heroic, last gap equalizer for Hibs, 1-1 draw. You'll think you were there such is the detail.

millerjames398

😄 "big spending hearts" its testament to paulo and the team, that they kept going, even with the backdrop of wages not being paid to them..file under "level playing field"😄🇱🇻

JamboAndrew
3 hours ago, martoon said:

Give Lugton's "Making of Hibernian" trilogy a bash. Every paragraph, page and chapter is like that. Hibs are the angelic, righteous, saintly...Hearts are petty, evil and totally nasty. Easter Road is the "Holy Ground", Tynecastle is "The Hole", Hibs' derby wins are gone into in great detail, Hearts' are either a one sentence footnote or often skipped over altogether...

It's like a boo-hiss panto script.

Borrow them from the library, as I did, and brace yourself for the funniest, most ludicrously romanticised history ever written about a football club. Alternatively, borrow them from a Hibby and purchase a clothes pegs whilst doing so.

The horseshite is overpowering.

Quick sample of 1935 when Hearts thrashed Hibs 5-2 on New Year's day then, in September, 8-3:

The former:

...and on Boxing day (1934) Hibs played Patrick Thistle. In March...

The latter:

In the September derby there were 11 goals.

I'm paraphrasing, although not as much as you would hope, but that's the kind of thing to expect. The next derby on New Year's day 1936 was an heroic, last gap equalizer for Hibs, 1-1 draw. You'll think you were there such is the detail.

Making of Hibernian? Oh my. 

I'll paraphrase.

On the 7th day, god had no idea what to do. While sitting on the shitter there was a loud 'plop'. Something horrible and vile floated to the surface. And thus Hibs were born.

They would go on to achieve....well, nothing really. Forever floating in the shadows and just waiting to be flushed away.

8 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Making of Hibernian? Oh my. 

I'll paraphrase.

On the 7th day, god had no idea what to do. While sitting on the shitter there was a loud 'plop'. Something horrible and vile floated to the surface. And thus Hibs were born.

They would go on to achieve....well, nothing really. Forever floating in the shadows and just waiting to be flushed away.

👏😁

If there's any flushing away of that club and it's deluded, sleekit fanbase to be done count me in. 

Absolutely hilarious.  They had a bigger wage bill on the pitch than us that day, conveniently swept under carpet.  

3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Absolutely hilarious.  They had a bigger wage bill on the pitch than us that day, conveniently swept under carpet.  

they also forget that they had 5 loanees in their starting XI and subbed one on during the match.  remember the days they said having a team full of loanees was cheating

maroonlegions

FTH.

The 19th of May 2012 has went deeper than i expected , they were destroyed that day and they know it. Their scraping at the bottom of their barrel has no end it seems. 

Hurting every day i say. 

alwaysthereinspirit

That is very very cringe-worthy reading. The bitterness seeps from the written words like Jack Daniels through charcoal. 

They're in full cockroach mode over on Hibs.nest. Their "generic Hearts thread" has got them all scuttling about with their poison, hatred and fantasy. 

A worldwide crisis, which has already claimed many lives, and threatens many, many more, yet Heart of Midlothian is still the only thing on their minds.

Scum. 

Hectormasson
On 15/03/2020 at 20:22, queensferryjambo said:

I was in FOPP with my daughter today and whilst bored a book at the counter caught my eye. It was 'Hibs on this day; History, FACTS and figures apparently.

I presumed that there would be no mention of the 19th of May 2012. I presumed they would just pick some random match played in another year on the 19th of May that they won.

I presumed wrong and was loving their FACTS in this little piece about the 19th of May 2012. How many excuses and how much bullshit can you fit into one paragraph :) 

Glad they got in the FACT that referee Craig Thomson was a Hearts fan though. Obviously being from Paisley the hot bed of Hearts fans who can argue with that fact.

Even the line about Hearts not scoring 7 makes me think the authors were crying when they wrote this. Still they are over it right? 

Pure Hibs Fibs gold - 

So much 💩💩💩in one paragraph ! F....g cretins.........

They should be keeping their precious gums shut.

Ron is currently going through their finances with a fine toothed comb with a view to increase turnover (widely reported). This in itself is admirable and should be done by any decent CEO.

The season ticket sales and turnover simply do not add up however. The widespread abuse of concession ST has been highlighted again as a major issue and something he is desperate to stamp out.

On top of that there is also wise spread abuse of free ST for  carers of disabled supporters. Disabled is concession with carer FOC. It’s been abused along with student concessions etc etc.

Expect a massive tightening up on both of these next season.

The thousands on cheap ST’s are going to have to pony up and pay the correct amount.

Many wont and will simply stop going.

All is not well with Hibs finances on the back of this. Expect a big fall in their sales.

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

They should be keeping their precious gums shut.

Ron is currently going through their finances with a fine toothed comb with a view to increase turnover (widely reported). This in itself is admirable and should be done by any decent CEO.

The season ticket sales and turnover simply do not add up however. The widespread abuse of concession ST has been highlighted again as a major issue and something he is desperate to stamp out.

On top of that there is also wise spread abuse of free ST for  carers of disabled supporters. Disabled is concession with carer FOC. It’s been abused along with student concessions etc etc.

Expect a massive tightening up on both of these next season.

The thousands on cheap ST’s are going to have to pony up and pay the correct amount.

Many wont and will simply stop going.

All is not well with Hibs finances on the back of this. Expect a big fall in their sales.

A (unusually lucid) Hibby I know was saying the other day he can't believe our attendances considering how shite we are have been for so long.  I said, yeh it's impressive, what you reckon you'd get, 8k a week?  He said more like 6k and I don't actually doubt him.

They simply don't  have the support we do.

Ronald Villiers
On 15/03/2020 at 20:22, queensferryjambo said:

Pure Hibs Fibs gold - 

Wow, that's what you call deluded.  That paragraph's written in a way that future Hibs fans will read it and think that we fluked the biggest derby in history, and were assisted by an apparent Jambo ref.  A pathetic attempt by the author to numb the extreme pain and bitterness that runs through them.

WorldChampions1902

One of their first club Treasurers did a runner to Canada with Church Funds. Fact. Money that would have been used to support people that were dirt-poor. Shameful

On 15/03/2020 at 21:46, Montgomery Brewster said:

A significant change at the time of the reformation of Hibs was that players no longer had to be members of the Catholic Young Men's Society.

The original Hibernians FC were founded upon sectarian principles?

Well, well. It's their cousins (and their cousins' ugly sisters) along the M8 who've made a business out of it, of course.

Class of 75
10 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

One of their first club Treasurers did a runner to Canada with Church Funds. Fact. Money that would have been used to support people that were dirt-poor. Shameful

Hibs class. 

Class of 75
20 hours ago, TheBigO said:

A (unusually lucid) Hibby I know was saying the other day he can't believe our attendances considering how shite we are have been for so long.  I said, yeh it's impressive, what you reckon you'd get, 8k a week?  He said more like 6k and I don't actually doubt him.

They simply don't  have the support we do.

The wee team. 

Destroyed in the biggest game in  the history of their club. Although expected considering their record against us through history. 

Almost getting hibsed into the dictionary but like them that failed as well. 

Jingle Bells

Shame the ungrateful parasites burnt their bridges with their parent Club over the John McGinn transfer.

6 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Shame the ungrateful parasites burnt their bridges with their parent Club over the John McGinn transfer.

Ah but now their best player is a Rangers loanee. So all's well.