Bobby Burns/Newcastle Jets

Niemi’s gloves

Niemi’s gloves

Some Hearts-relevant football still being played.

Jets much improved recently and won 3-0 away at Adelaide today. Three wins and three draws in the last six after a run of defeats

They seem to be playing three at the back with Bobby holding down a regular place on the left side of a midfield four.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Some Hearts-relevant football still being played.

Jets much improved recently and won 3-0 away at Adelaide today. Three wins and three draws in the last six after a run of defeats

They seem to be playing three at the back with Bobby holding down a regular place on the left side of a midfield four.

A regular place in his regular position.  Amazing what can happen...

gashauskis9
6 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

I think theres a player there

I’ve always said this.  He’s a battler, the kind of attitude and determination we’re missing at the moment.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

I think theres a player there

There awlays was a player there. He was being judged by some fans at HMFC as being not very good because he couldn't perform in a shit formation and out of his normal position. This spell he is having in Australia may provive to be very beneficial to him and hopefully even more beneficial to us longer term.

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

There awlays was a player there. He was being judged by some fans at HMFC as being not very good because he couldn't perform in a shit formation and out of his normal position. This spell he is having in Australia may provive to be very beneficial to him and hopefully even more beneficial to us longer term.

It is hard to judge a player when they dont get a run of games, does not stop some Hearts fans though.

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

20 minutes is long enough for some absolute roasters.

Roasters!   On this forum?   Surely not?

HeartofIron

Exactly this. If he's playing well and they want to keep him, offer his a decent contract etc, surely he'd want to stay?!

I follow him on instagram and looks like he's loving it, fair play to him! 

On the same theme, Mulraney looks like he's doing well in America. You'd imaging other players looking at these 2 and thinking it could be them...

HeartofIron
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Where would you rather play Oz or Scotland if he has any sense he will stay put if he can.

Exactly this. If he's playing well and they want to keep him, offer his a decent contract etc, surely he'd want to stay?!

I follow him on instagram and looks like he's loving it, fair play to him! 

On the same theme, Mulraney looks like he's doing well in America. You'd imaging other players looking at these 2 and thinking it could be them...

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Burns has ability but his lack of pace is hugely detrimental. 

Yes. Same is probably true of Irving

Burns looks industrious hard working type. Might have makings of a dogged central midfielder 

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe see him back soon. Surely a better player than Langer 

Why is everyone hating on Langer, he’s only played two games due to fitness. Thought he actually looked good in the game against Kilmarnock In midfield. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, greggy123 said:

Why is everyone hating on Langer, he’s only played two games due to fitness. Thought he actually looked good in the game against Kilmarnock In midfield. 

I don't hate him,  just think he looks shit 

Bunny Munro
3 hours ago, greggy123 said:

Because he's only ok. We needed better players. I don't think he's better than Bozanic (based on Killie and Falkirk games).

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good lad, the one thing that always comes across is he will do his very best to be the best player he can be.

Hopefully that's good enough once he hits that potential.

On 15/03/2020 at 16:21, kingantti1874 said:

I’d try burns in defensive mid, hes too slow to play full back

I'd agree. Ball winning Midfielder might be his position. 

If we go down he will probably be the type of player we will rely on next season 

He will be in our wage bracket 

No way will we able to justify high wage earners in the championship 

so it’s Tata to Naismith Boyce Washington Clare Halkett etc

Ex member of the SaS

Won't be available until the summer window, however no guarantee football will be back even then. 

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, jbee647 said:

If we go down he will probably be the type of player we will rely on next season 

He will be in our wage bracket 

No way will we able to justify high wage earners in the championship 

so it’s Tata to Naismith Boyce Washington Clare Halkett etc

If they had any shame at all they'd be volunteering to take a wage cut and get us out of the Championship. After all, it was their woeful performances that put us there. 

21 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

If they had any shame at all they'd be volunteering to take a wage cut and get us out of the Championship. After all, it was their woeful performances that put us there. 

When did you ever hear of professional players volunteering to take wage cuts

it will be everyone else’s fault.... certainly not there’s 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Ryan Stevenson, today. 

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ryan Stevenson, today. 

Fair play... 😀

but he is definitely an exception to the rule

On 15/03/2020 at 19:03, Sir Gio said:

I don't hate him,  just think he looks shit 

How long to reach that conclusion? 😇

7 hours ago, jbee647 said:

It seems some of our players did just before AB's announcement of a 50% salary cut.

upgotheheads
10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It seems some of our players did just before AB's announcement of a 50% salary cut.

I'm guessing (and hoping) That Steven Naismith was one of them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 hours ago, Spellczech said:

How long to reach that conclusion? 😇

Its not quite Mo Berthe, but sometimes it doesn't take very long. Don't think he will be hear whenever football breaks out, that's for sure

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Its not quite Mo Berthe, but sometimes it doesn't take very long. Don't think he will be hear whenever football breaks out, that's for sure

Ah but you're cheating - the knowledge that he is on a 6 month deal. Wish I could get paid 6 months wages to play 2 games of football...That's a bargain even if he took the 50% offer!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Ah but you're cheating - the knowledge that he is on a 6 month deal. Wish I could get paid 6 months wages to play 2 games of football...That's a bargain even if he took the 50% offer!

He didn't look either quick mobile or incisive. 

If he is contacting his lawyer over 50% I'm contacting mine over having to pay full price to watch him!

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

He didn't look either quick mobile or incisive. 

If he is contacting his lawyer over 50% I'm contacting mine over having to pay full price to watch him!

Yeah it is disappointing as we needed players to have an immediate impact. Still cannot exactly blame this guy for all our woes this season. A failed gamble or maybe just an ally for the manager amongst the players...

Another chance to see him at 0830. 

They are also showing a live A League game right now with more over weekend (no crowds). 

Screenshot_20200320-070310.png

10 minutes ago, Henry. Henry. said:

On the Bobby Burns booking train again after last weeks success. 4/1 for that.     40/1 First goalscorer 

On it

Henry. Henry.
3 hours ago, EH22-Jambo said:

On it

Apologies!    He has averaged a booking every other game in last 6 now so next week 😉

21 hours ago, Henry. Henry. said:

Apologies!    He has averaged a booking every other game in last 6 now so next week 😉

No probs, I just got money back on Le Fondre to score first in Sydney game on just now 😁

Hectormasson
On 15/03/2020 at 12:05, jonnothejambo said:

Brilliant ball in from Burns for their 3rd goal. 

He played well. 

Far better for his development than being involved in the shit show here. 

He would end up black n blue playing in scottish lower leagues on loan,      better where  he is ,     better playing conditions and a lot more , good luck to him"      whether we see him back here in the future ?    Who knows ?

Pasquale for King

Watched his last game, did nothing of note and was subbed. Might get a game if we’re relegated, but too slow and you need to be good to make it at his height.